ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade deadline - what moves do the Dubs make?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

What move will the FO make

Poll ended at Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:11 pm

Wow! - Wiggins/Wiseman/Minnesota pick
6%
Ok - Oubre
60%
Meh - end of rotation moves
20%
no moves - stand pat
14%

Total votes: 35

cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,134

Re: Trade deadline - what moves do the Dubs make? 

Post#241 » by cpower » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:15 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
cpower wrote:Bob myers getting murdered by his GM peers lmao. Nobody will deal with us unless Curry is traded or retired.. Light years ahead umm

Well....the only players I wanted were Nikola and Oladipo. The rest in trash.

I rather have a bag of chips over oubre..
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#242 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:17 pm

I think LMA is coming over from the Spurs and Kerr called in an old favor....opened a spot LMA with Spurs by giving them Chris.
If LMA gets bought out, Warriors take him on with the injury exception.
Curry, Wiggins, Oubre, Green, Wiseman
LMA and Poole off the bench.
Then who knows next year.

But longer term...LMA would be a great David West bench type for us if we have a championship run.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,835

Post#243 » by whatisacenter » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:18 pm

cpower wrote:Bob myers getting murdered by his GM peers lmao. Nobody will deal with us unless Curry is traded or retired.. Light years ahead umm

Yeah, this team is a joke! Bring back the Cohan era!
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#244 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:18 pm

cpower wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:

LOL....I think he's played pretty well for the Warriors...lately. Long term he is not a fit.

Ironically, aside from maybe Wiggins and Curry...he's been the most consistant guy on the team.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#245 » by Sleepy51 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:19 pm

FNQ wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:Don't know that he passed up any good options that were ever real, but if they end up taking the cap cut in the offseason I'm gonna be kinda pissed.

There were signs that this was always the plan barring a sweetheart deal:

- when we ran out of centers, we did nothing
- rumors of Lacob being cash poor, looking for investors
- the guys we were rumored to be interested in were almost exclusively expirings

We got used to the idea that Lacob's spending was limitless, but ultimately, I think Oubre walking was the probable option all along

Well, ultimately the signing was always about temporary help while Klay was injured. More than anything it was about showing the fans that they weren't just going to rollover and tank again. That message was sent. Klay is back and they may even be justified in ending that demonstration of fan appreciation given the economic realities. Chase center was supposed to be a black card for them. Thus far, it's a money pit. It's just unfortunate that we don't have any other tradeable assets until Wiggins contract winds down.

Again, maybe the leverage him into a 2 year deal if January Oubre is back
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#246 » by HiRez » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:19 pm

To me the results are an admission that we're not going to seriously compete in the playoffs this year, which, honestly, is correct. In that light I'm glad they didn't overpay for a piece that probably wouldn't make a difference this year. I wasn't really thrilled with any of the likely options out there. We won't have to watch Wanamaker get stuffed at the rim trying some misguided MJ move anymore and we kept our powder dry for offseason/next year.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#247 » by Phase 3 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:21 pm

Do I really have to watch this same boring a$$ roster for another couple months...

Lacob kids and Bob are whatever at this point.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#248 » by Sleepy51 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:21 pm

So #1, "Light Years" was Lacob's thing not Meyers. #2, how is other GM's being smart enough not to hand us exactly what we need for more rings Meyers' fault?
cpower
RealGM

Post#249 » by cpower » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:21 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
cpower wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:

LOL....I think he's played pretty well for the Warriors...lately. Long term he is not a fit.

Ironically, aside from maybe Wiggins and Curry...he's been the most consistant guy on the team.

um.....no, Looney is at least 10 times more consistent and in a good way..how is Oubre consistent? the guy is either very good or crazy bad...this kinda player has no place on contenders
cpower
RealGM

Post#250 » by cpower » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:22 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:

So #1, "Light Years" was Lacob's thing not Meyers. #2, how is other GM's being smart enough not to hand us exactly what we need for more rings Meyers' fault?

become Myers picked Oubre and nobody wanted him?
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#251 » by Coxy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:23 pm

HiRez wrote:To me the results are an admission that we're not going to seriously compete in the playoffs this year, which, honestly, is correct. In that light I'm glad they didn't overpay for a piece that probably wouldn't make a difference this year. I wasn't really thrilled with any of the likely options out there. We won't have to watch Wanamaker get stuffed at the rim trying some misguided MJ move anymore and we kept our powder dry for offseason/next year.

Well said. My thoughts as well.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#252 » by Coxy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:29 pm

cpower wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:

I’m a Bob Myers fan, but I think he got the Kelly Oubre trade really wrong. It was the right move to make a trade for a player, that part was all fine even using a protected 1st to do so, but the player he targeted was all flash and no substance and he got that wrong. He should have targeted a smarter player that could shoot at a really high and deadly level.

I never really watched Oubre before we got him, so I really don’t know if he’s always been a really low IQ player. Myers needs to make high on court IQ a major priority from now on. Drafting Wiseman over a very smart IQ guy in Ball is another one that I could point at here as well, although the long term upside for JW is still enormous.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#253 » by Sleepy51 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:36 pm

cpower wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:

Again, you're operating under the assumption that he ever had permission to permanently increase the payroll and tax beyond this season anyway. We don't know that.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#254 » by Sleepy51 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:37 pm

Coxy wrote: but the player he targeted was all flash and no substance and he got that wrong. He should have targeted a smarter player that could shoot at a really high and deadly level. .

I agree with the assessment of Oubre's limitations, but who was the player that he should have targeted and where did that player end up and at what cost?
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#255 » by Twinkie defense » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:41 pm

Warriors will save ~$20 mil in luxury taxes while maintaining their ability to win and develop this season, and without sacrificing next season. I think that's a win.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#256 » by Twinkie defense » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:47 pm

Commodor wrote:
Twinkie defense wrote:
Commodor wrote:
Was thinking JTA gets one spot.

The other is for DPE flexibility if anyone comes along, but may not be used.

Juan Toscano already has a roster spot, don't need to trade anyone to keep him on the roster this season.

I thought he was still on 2-way deal.

If not him I believe Manion could be eligible for an upgrade to full time roster spot too. Could be wrong though.

A couple weeks back the NBA rescinded the rule that previously gave two-way players # of games with the big team limits and made them ineligible for the playoffs.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#257 » by Coxy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:49 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
Coxy wrote: but the player he targeted was all flash and no substance and he got that wrong. He should have targeted a smarter player that could shoot at a really high and deadly level. .

I agree with the assessment of Oubre's limitations, but who was the player that he should have targeted and where did that player end up and at what cost?

That part turns into pure speculation I guess.

The 1 guy I was really wanting was Joe Ingles. He actually started the season as purely a bench unit guy in Utah, with Bogdanovic the starter and Oneal as another bench guy. I don’t know if we could have got him, just a guy that is high IQ and shooting.

Batum is another, Osman in Cleveland, Barton in Denver, JJ Reddick even. Kyle Anderson in Memphis or even Oubre’s OKC teammate would have been great George Hill.

All speculation, so I don’t know. Again, I never knew Oubre was such a mimbo on court as well, and I never knew how bad it can get having that sort of player on court playing big minutes. I miss Iggy and Livingston.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#258 » by FNQ » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:52 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:

All things considered, I dont blame us for trying out Oubre. One could even look at it as extending the TE window, that just happened to have a dunce attached to it.

But definitely super concerned about the possibilities now. If we traded him for a 2 year contract, then we'd be limiting risk exposure. If no big trade came about in the offseason, we only have 1 year with said player, who may or may not have fit with the team (albeit probably less talented - kinda like another Wiggins deal). If we re-sign Oubre to maintain the spot, then we're likely looking at a multi year deal with a ton more risk
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#259 » by Twinkie defense » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:54 pm

Signing Kelly Oubre was part of the Warriors master plan to get longer on the wings and develop a top defense. That has worked out pretty well. The Warriors weak spot is adding offense without the defense taking a crap - that's where Klay comes in next season.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,786

Post#260 » by floppymoose » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:55 pm

Can someone explain the Cady Lalanne deal to me? I guess it lowers costs since we were paying Chriss but Cady Lalanne does not have a contract? But why did the Spurs make the deal?

Return to Golden State Warriors