ImageImageImageImageImage

Wiseman was compared to Mr Robinson.

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,047

Re: Wiseman was compared to Mr Robinson. 

Post#21 » by Jester_ » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:01 pm

James Wiseman at age 19-20: 12ppg and 7 rebounds, 55% TS, 21 mpg
Kevin Garnett at age 19-29: 10 ppg and 6 rebounds, 52% TS, 28 mpg
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#22 » by ChuckDurn » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:35 pm

marthafokker wrote:
TD739 wrote:
Jester_ wrote:Wasn't Mr Robinson auditioning to be a sailor at Wiseman's age

also patrolled his neighborhood too.

Who the hell is this Alaire guy?

Wiseman as rookie plays against better competition than Alaire when The Admiral was a Junior in college?

I'm showing my age here, but Mark Alarie was actually a pretty good power forward from Duke. I think he played in the NBA a bit.

But he definitely wasn't a high-flyer.......
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#23 » by Mylie10 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:39 pm

Alaric was a big time scorer for Duke. He played either with or right around the time of Laettner

Edit: he played with Johnny Dawkins and Jay Bilas
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,405

Post#24 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:11 pm

Mac1958 wrote:Kid turns just 20 on March 31. He's going to learn things. His skills will improve. He'll probably fill out a bit.

There's a lot there, but there's still no way to know what we really have. I'd hate to see him go.

I think he's a stud by year 3. I'd hate to see him go too....:(

But Warriors management have to figure out this Curry timeline.....I think they feel that the step next year will be dramatic enough that he and having Klay back will be enough.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#25 » by Mylie10 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:14 pm

So sick of the time line stuff
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#26 » by Warriors Analyst » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:09 pm

Jester_ wrote:James Wiseman at age 19-20: 12ppg and 7 rebounds, 55% TS, 21 mpg

Wiseman is at 5.5 fouls per 36 minutes. Garnett as a rookie was only 3.0. Garnett effectively didn't shoot threes as a rookie (I mention this because threes contribute to TS% calculations) and shot 70% at the line to Wiseman's 61%.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,405

Post#27 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:06 pm

Think Wiseman could ever play PF?

For chits and giggles...let's say Warriors decide to move Wiggins and Oubre for Steven Adams and Lonzo.
Next year:
Lonzo, Curry, Klay, Wiseman, Adams (have some form of three man rotation with Wiseman, Green, Adams)
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#28 » by FNQ » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:13 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:

Wiseman is at 5.5 fouls per 36 minutes. Garnett as a rookie was only 3.0. Garnett effectively didn't shoot threes as a rookie (I mention this because threes contribute to TS% calculations) and shot 70% at the line to Wiseman's 61%.

KG started when the game was very different and was a good defender (though skinny) upon landing in the league.

If we're being realistic, I think JW is on the JON timeline. Offensive-based Cs out of HS took a longer time to develop, because in order to develop they had to be effective defensively. JON was not very effective in POR, because they couldn't reconcile his defense.. which he did do in IND. Similarly, Eddy Curry never figured it out on defense, thus he became a disappointment for such a high pick. Chandler was a good defender early on, became more of a positive rotation fixture earlier. KG was the best defender of the bunch, learned quickest, and was a star by year 2.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,260

Post#29 » by Onus » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:31 pm

FNQ wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:

KG started when the game was very different and was a good defender (though skinny) upon landing in the league.

If we're being realistic, I think JW is on the JON timeline. Offensive-based Cs out of HS took a longer time to develop, because in order to develop they had to be effective defensively. JON was not very effective in POR, because they couldn't reconcile his defense.. which he did do in IND. Similarly, Eddy Curry never figured it out on defense, thus he became a disappointment for such a high pick. Chandler was a good defender early on, became more of a positive rotation fixture earlier. KG was the best defender of the bunch, learned quickest, and was a star by year 2.

The other issue is that the warriors don’t have anyone in practice that can push wiseman. We really need to get a vet big man to help wiseman.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#30 » by michaelm » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:35 am

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:To be fair, I hear that back in the day David Robinson had a RealGM poster giving him tips and coaching him on post play. Unfair advantage.

Sad if this board becomes like so many others in terms of eating one’s own young.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#31 » by shazam_guy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:24 pm

This board has been eating its young for years. We just have the good taste not to rub people's faces in it too often, at least not by name. But I can't help pointing out every now and then, that since I got here in 2009 I've seen:

Intense Curry dislike, re: keeping Monta instead, Curry's fragility.
Complete Klay dismissal -- he'll never be good. He can't pass, he doesn't drive.
Draymond negation -- he can't shoot, who needs him? And he argues with refs. (Horrors!)
Iguodala disgust, every time he missed a three or flubbed a free throw in a close game.

More recently: Complete under-the-bus throwing of Jordan Poole, who more than half the board seemed to want to dump last year.
Kevon Looney: He sucks, he's injured, he's slow, he's worthless.
Paschall: Horrible offensive black hole, can't play defense, get rid of him.

And of course Oubre Jr., who you'd think had gone to the house of everyone who posts on this board and peed on their rug -- you know, the one that really tied the room together.

I won't bother to talk about the constant criticism of Kerr and Myers and Lacob, because that's always the case with fans vs. management. Fans know all. Management is incredibly ignorant.

Some people's theory of Big Post Energy seems to be to shred every player when they do something poorly or not quickly enough, and then fall strangely silent or even claim they were "with him all the time" when that same player shows they're actually pretty good, a la Poole at the moment. But because some players don't work out, or aren't what the team hoped -- Evans, McCaw -- those folks think that proves they're a good judge of talent, when all it proves is that if you criticize everything and everyone, sometimes you're going to be right.

We've been eating our young here so long, even after five straight finals appearances, that we can have discussions about the best way to cook them and the best side dishes and wines to serve with them.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,047

Post#32 » by Jester_ » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:08 am

shazam_guy wrote:This board has been eating its young for years. We just have the good taste not to rub people's faces in it too often, at least not by name. But I can't help pointing out every now and then, that since I got here in 2009 I've seen:

Intense Curry dislike, re: keeping Monta instead, Curry's fragility.
Complete Klay dismissal -- he'll never be good. He can't pass, he doesn't drive.
Draymond negation -- he can't shoot, who needs him? And he argues with refs. (Horrors!)
Iguodala disgust, every time he missed a three or flubbed a free throw in a close game.

More recently: Complete under-the-bus throwing of Jordan Poole, who more than half the board seemed to want to dump last year.
Kevon Looney: He sucks, he's injured, he's slow, he's worthless.
Paschall: Horrible offensive black hole, can't play defense, get rid of him.

And of course Oubre Jr., who you'd think had gone to the house of everyone who posts on this board and peed on their rug -- you know, the one that really tied the room together.

I won't bother to talk about the constant criticism of Kerr and Myers and Lacob, because that's always the case with fans vs. management. Fans know all. Management is incredibly ignorant.

Some people's theory of Big Post Energy seems to be to shred every player when they do something poorly or not quickly enough, and then fall strangely silent or even claim they were "with him all the time" when that same player shows they're actually pretty good, a la Poole at the moment. But because some players don't work out, or aren't what the team hoped -- Evans, McCaw -- those folks think that proves they're a good judge of talent, when all it proves is that if you criticize everything and everyone, sometimes you're going to be right.

We've been eating our young here so long, even after five straight finals appearances, that we can have discussions about the best way to cook them and the best side dishes and wines to serve with them.

Yep. Folks on this board infinitely oscillate between throwing a player out on week 2 and refusing to give them up for LeBron on week 3. Big lack of grounded takes.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.

Return to Golden State Warriors