ImageImageImageImageImage

Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 54,614
And1: 15,399
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine 

Post#121 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:20 pm

yes, I'll have to fold that in with my years of preparing legal documents based on medical lawsuits and the basis of proof

So since the question was entirely avoided, I'm gonna go ahead and guess.. zero? That it was just a really poor scare tactic? That saying its 'already happening' was just a crock?

The only legit COVID lawsuits right now are not at an individual level, so quit trying to flex on people who may not know it. This is exactly the behavorial pattern of people who fall on the 'correct' side of issues but feel like they don't have to be in any way honest about it. You don't help.
xdrta+
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,978
And1: 3,447
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine 

Post#122 » by xdrta+ » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:15 pm

FNQ wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:
It's actually already happening because the laws to address it are already on the books...

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/is-it-a-crime-to-intentionally-get-someone-sick.html

https://www.southerncaliforniaemploymentlaw.com/covid-19-in-the-workplace/

In California, it is a crime to knowingly go to work with COVID-19. Under Health & Safety Code section 120290, any person afflicted with a contagious disease who willfully exposes himself or herself, and any person who willfully exposes another person afflicted with a contagious disease in any public place is guilty of a misdemeanor except when such exposure is made in the process of moving an afflicted person in a manner least dangerous to the public.

https://www.laattorney.com/intentional-exposure-to-an-infectious-disease.html

It is a crime in California to intentionally spread an infectious disease. An infectious disease often refers to sexually transmitted diseases such as herpes, HIV, or AIDS. But the law can be applied to any infectious disease. The most relevant example of an infectious disease at the moment is the coronavirus (COVID-19), and the intentional spread of it can result in criminal charges. Intentionally coughing or spitting on another person while having, or claiming to have, the virus can result in potential jail time as well as fines. It may even be considered a terrorist threat, depending on the circumstances.

These were just a few Page 1 Google search hits. On the civil side, there are going to be plenty of attorneys willing to represent clients exposed to Covid by anti-vaxxers.


So.. literally exactly what I said?

FNQ wrote:Those laws are for people knowingly spreading around a disease. The proof would need to be that the defendant had COVID, knew they had COVID, and intentionally tried to infect people with it. You cannot forcibly administer medications or treatment to coherent adults. Doing so would violate the law. And thats just the legal aspect. Forced vaccinations would obviously go over like a lead balloon and undermine the ultimate cause.


"So.. literally exactly what I said?"

More like exactly what you left out. You said, "The proof would need to be that the defendant had COVID, knew they had COVID, and intentionally tried to infect people with it."

The quoted law said, "Intentionally coughing or spitting on another person while having, or claiming to have, the virus can result in potential jail time as well as fines."

How many cases have their been? Well in the last few weeks there have been a number of them, including...

(NYT) Man arrested for intentionally coughing on Walmart shoppers, claiming to have COVID-19. He was charged with violating the terrorism act, reckless endangerment. and disorderly conduct.

... A Tennessee man was charged with assault and a New York woman was charged with making a terroristic threat after coughing and spitting on people in Walmart claiming they had COVID-19.

In Pennsylvania, a man was arrested after coughing in the face of a recovering pneumonia patient while repeatedly claiming to be infected with the coronavirus.
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 54,614
And1: 15,399
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine 

Post#123 » by FNQ » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:05 am

lol wow.. well at least its easy to see how wrong the actual post is, now that this is the big win

Shouldnt be surprising considering earlier posts, but still, just wow. The board will never cease to amaze me in that way
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 48,463
And1: 55,247
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine 

Post#124 » by clyde21 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:47 am

who the F cares...if you took your vax you shouldn't worry about someone else not taking theirs. mind ya business.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
User avatar
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
Posts: 7,300
And1: 2,356
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Location: San Mateo, CA

Re: Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine 

Post#125 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:07 am

clyde21 wrote:who the F cares...if you took your vax you shouldn't worry about someone else not taking theirs. mind ya business.

Yes. The big problem in society today is too many people caring about anyone other than themselves. We really have to shut that down.

EDIT: Sorry, that was overly snarky. If I thought it would accomplish anything, we could discuss the fact that people choosing not to get vaccinated can keep passing COVID around and giving it the opportunity to mutate, thereby undermining the efforts of all people who did get vaccinated, and making it their business. But as is so often the case, minds are made up, and facts and knowledge can't get in the way of that.
Image

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 48,463
And1: 55,247
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine 

Post#126 » by clyde21 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:21 am

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:
clyde21 wrote:who the F cares...if you took your vax you shouldn't worry about someone else not taking theirs. mind ya business.

Yes. The big problem in society today is too many people caring about anyone other than themselves. We really have to shut that down.

EDIT: Sorry, that was overly snarky. If I thought it would accomplish anything, we could discuss the fact that people choosing not to get vaccinated can keep passing COVID around and giving it the opportunity to mutate, thereby undermining the efforts of all people who did get vaccinated, and making it their business. But as is so often the case, minds are made up, and facts and knowledge can't get in the way of that.


it's fine, but again, if you have taken your vaccine, who cares? what's the point of the vaccine if not only YOU have to get it but everyone else? it's ridiculous. people should be able to make their own choices based on their own bodies and risk levels, period. it's anyone else's business if someone gets it or not..this whole thing is now turning into a cult and it's pretty scary.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
xdrta+
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,978
And1: 3,447
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine 

Post#127 » by xdrta+ » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:28 am

clyde21 wrote:
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:
clyde21 wrote:who the F cares...if you took your vax you shouldn't worry about someone else not taking theirs. mind ya business.

Yes. The big problem in society today is too many people caring about anyone other than themselves. We really have to shut that down.

EDIT: Sorry, that was overly snarky. If I thought it would accomplish anything, we could discuss the fact that people choosing not to get vaccinated can keep passing COVID around and giving it the opportunity to mutate, thereby undermining the efforts of all people who did get vaccinated, and making it their business. But as is so often the case, minds are made up, and facts and knowledge can't get in the way of that.


it's fine, but again, if you have taken your vaccine, who cares? what's the point of the vaccine if not only YOU have to get it but everyone else? it's ridiculous. people should be able to make their own choices based on their own bodies and risk levels, period. it's anyone else's business if someone gets it or not..this whole thing is now turning into a cult and it's pretty scary.


Well, the way it works is, with so many people unvaccinated, all passing covid around, there's so many chances for mutations to thrive and spread, that pretty soon your vaccine isn't worth a crap. Then you get sick and die. That's how it works.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 48,463
And1: 55,247
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine 

Post#128 » by clyde21 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:44 am

xdrta+ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:Yes. The big problem in society today is too many people caring about anyone other than themselves. We really have to shut that down.

EDIT: Sorry, that was overly snarky. If I thought it would accomplish anything, we could discuss the fact that people choosing not to get vaccinated can keep passing COVID around and giving it the opportunity to mutate, thereby undermining the efforts of all people who did get vaccinated, and making it their business. But as is so often the case, minds are made up, and facts and knowledge can't get in the way of that.


it's fine, but again, if you have taken your vaccine, who cares? what's the point of the vaccine if not only YOU have to get it but everyone else? it's ridiculous. people should be able to make their own choices based on their own bodies and risk levels, period. it's anyone else's business if someone gets it or not..this whole thing is now turning into a cult and it's pretty scary.


Well, the way it works is, with so many people unvaccinated, all passing covid around, there's so many chances for mutations to thrive and spread, that pretty soon your vaccine isn't worth a crap. Then you get sick and die. That's how it works.


lmao sounds like a bunch of **** nonsense to keep people scared af.

oh no, a disease with a 99.9% survival might mutate into another disease with a 99.9% survival rate...keep the vax coming! because, you know, human body no longer has a functioning immune system anymore apparently. :lol:
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
SamuraiAttack
Ballboy
Posts: 9
And1: 1
Joined: Apr 05, 2021
 

Re: Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine 

Post#129 » by SamuraiAttack » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:56 am

clyde21 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
it's fine, but again, if you have taken your vaccine, who cares? what's the point of the vaccine if not only YOU have to get it but everyone else? it's ridiculous. people should be able to make their own choices based on their own bodies and risk levels, period. it's anyone else's business if someone gets it or not..this whole thing is now turning into a cult and it's pretty scary.


Well, the way it works is, with so many people unvaccinated, all passing covid around, there's so many chances for mutations to thrive and spread, that pretty soon your vaccine isn't worth a crap. Then you get sick and die. That's how it works.


lmao sounds like a bunch of **** nonsense to keep people scared af.

oh no, a disease with a 99.9% survival might mutate into another disease with a 99.9% survival rate...keep the vax coming! because, you know, human body no longer has a functioning immune system anymore apparently. :lol:

I pity your lack of intelligence.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 48,463
And1: 55,247
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine 

Post#130 » by clyde21 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:05 am

SamuraiAttack wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Well, the way it works is, with so many people unvaccinated, all passing covid around, there's so many chances for mutations to thrive and spread, that pretty soon your vaccine isn't worth a crap. Then you get sick and die. That's how it works.


lmao sounds like a bunch of **** nonsense to keep people scared af.

oh no, a disease with a 99.9% survival might mutate into another disease with a 99.9% survival rate...keep the vax coming! because, you know, human body no longer has a functioning immune system anymore apparently. :lol:

I pity your lack of intelligence.


you're right, my bad

Image
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 54,614
And1: 15,399
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine 

Post#131 » by FNQ » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:44 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:
clyde21 wrote:who the F cares...if you took your vax you shouldn't worry about someone else not taking theirs. mind ya business.

Yes. The big problem in society today is too many people caring about anyone other than themselves. We really have to shut that down.

EDIT: Sorry, that was overly snarky. If I thought it would accomplish anything, we could discuss the fact that people choosing not to get vaccinated can keep passing COVID around and giving it the opportunity to mutate, thereby undermining the efforts of all people who did get vaccinated, and making it their business. But as is so often the case, minds are made up, and facts and knowledge can't get in the way of that.


it's fine, but again, if you have taken your vaccine, who cares? what's the point of the vaccine if not only YOU have to get it but everyone else? it's ridiculous. people should be able to make their own choices based on their own bodies and risk levels, period. it's anyone else's business if someone gets it or not..this whole thing is now turning into a cult and it's pretty scary.


... that's exactly how vaccine work. They aren't magic. They greatly assist in prevention. Vaccines are how you get to herd immunity, not by letting a virus run roughshod.

It absolutely is other people's business if they have been jabbed or not. If you personally don't want to be safe, ok, but other people around you deserve to know that. The only part thats scary is the ignorance on both sides - the antivaxxers who are just using confirmation bias and dont understand what the hell they're talking about, and the pro-vaxxers who have no idea what theyre talking about, only appeal to authority, and get their rocks off by insulting anyone who doesnt blindly believe the same as they do even though they can't explain why in any coherent way
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 54,614
And1: 15,399
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine 

Post#132 » by FNQ » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:53 pm

clyde21 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
it's fine, but again, if you have taken your vaccine, who cares? what's the point of the vaccine if not only YOU have to get it but everyone else? it's ridiculous. people should be able to make their own choices based on their own bodies and risk levels, period. it's anyone else's business if someone gets it or not..this whole thing is now turning into a cult and it's pretty scary.


Well, the way it works is, with so many people unvaccinated, all passing covid around, there's so many chances for mutations to thrive and spread, that pretty soon your vaccine isn't worth a crap. Then you get sick and die. That's how it works.


lmao sounds like a bunch of **** nonsense to keep people scared af.

oh no, a disease with a 99.9% survival might mutate into another disease with a 99.9% survival rate...keep the vax coming! because, you know, human body no longer has a functioning immune system anymore apparently. :lol:


the human immune system is based on thousands of years of dealing with diseases. It doesnt just see a new disease and immediately understand what to do.

And as said before, survival rate is a horrible way to evaluate the efficacy of a virus. Because its one bad mutation away from being a legitimate plague. When something can spread as fast as COVID did, we have to thank our lucky stars that it wasn't something more fatal, because it if were, we'd be looking at Black Death like levels. Have to stop acting like there's no reason that vax is important, or that its some weird conspiracy to hurt people, when it actually makes perfect sense to treat it the way that we have.

Or we can go back to having a life expectancy in the 30s with that functioning immune system we have.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 48,463
And1: 55,247
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine 

Post#133 » by clyde21 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:58 pm

FNQ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Well, the way it works is, with so many people unvaccinated, all passing covid around, there's so many chances for mutations to thrive and spread, that pretty soon your vaccine isn't worth a crap. Then you get sick and die. That's how it works.


lmao sounds like a bunch of **** nonsense to keep people scared af.

oh no, a disease with a 99.9% survival might mutate into another disease with a 99.9% survival rate...keep the vax coming! because, you know, human body no longer has a functioning immune system anymore apparently. :lol:


the human immune system is based on thousands of years of dealing with diseases. It doesnt just see a new disease and immediately understand what to do.

And as said before, survival rate is a horrible way to evaluate the efficacy of a virus. Because its one bad mutation away from being a legitimate plague. When something can spread as fast as COVID did, we have to thank our lucky stars that it wasn't something more fatal, because it if were, we'd be looking at Black Death like levels. Have to stop acting like there's no reason that vax is important, or that its some weird conspiracy to hurt people, when it actually makes perfect sense to treat it the way that we have.

Or we can go back to having a life expectancy in the 30s with that functioning immune system we have.


i am not anti vax, I am not pro vax, I am an everyone can make that risk assessment on their own, if someone feels a lot safer taking it, more power to them, if someone doesn't feel like they need to take it, more power to them. the idea that it's all or nothing is ridiculous to me, and the whole cultish behavior now surrounding the vaccines (on both sides) is pretty disgusting.

personally, if I am with you in the same room, and you are vax'd and I am not, if your vaccine works, then you should not have anything to worry about. period. the idea that I have to be vax'd too for YOUR vaccine to work is nonsensical to me...especially considering we're talking about a virus with 99.++% survival, sorry.

anyways with that said, I'mma drop it here, cuz these discussions always end up going places we don't want them to go, you're my boy FNQ and I don't want to go down that road with u.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
User avatar
and1GS
RealGM
Posts: 23,416
And1: 1,628
Joined: Nov 12, 2008
Location: home of 3x champs + supporter of all-time weakest moves
   

Re: Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine 

Post#134 » by and1GS » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:07 pm

I wonder if these same debates were had about the polio vaccine...
Topher wrote:Do I seem mad? I’m about to make love to my wife so I deff ain’t mad.

Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 54,614
And1: 15,399
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine 

Post#135 » by FNQ » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:12 pm

clyde21 wrote:
FNQ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
lmao sounds like a bunch of **** nonsense to keep people scared af.

oh no, a disease with a 99.9% survival might mutate into another disease with a 99.9% survival rate...keep the vax coming! because, you know, human body no longer has a functioning immune system anymore apparently. :lol:


the human immune system is based on thousands of years of dealing with diseases. It doesnt just see a new disease and immediately understand what to do.

And as said before, survival rate is a horrible way to evaluate the efficacy of a virus. Because its one bad mutation away from being a legitimate plague. When something can spread as fast as COVID did, we have to thank our lucky stars that it wasn't something more fatal, because it if were, we'd be looking at Black Death like levels. Have to stop acting like there's no reason that vax is important, or that its some weird conspiracy to hurt people, when it actually makes perfect sense to treat it the way that we have.

Or we can go back to having a life expectancy in the 30s with that functioning immune system we have.


i am not anti vax, I am not pro vax, I am an everyone can make that risk assessment on their own, if someone feels a lot safer taking it, more power to them, if someone doesn't feel like they need to take it, more power to them. the idea that it's all or nothing is ridiculous to me, and the whole cultish behavior now surrounding the vaccines (on both sides) is pretty disgusting.

personally, if I am with you in the same room, and you are vax'd and I am not, if your vaccine works, then you should not have anything to worry about. period. the idea that I have to be vax'd too for YOUR vaccine to work is nonsensical to me...especially considering we're talking about a virus with 99.++% survival, sorry.

anyways with that said, I'mma drop it here, cuz these discussions always end up going places we don't want them to go, you're my boy FNQ and I don't want to go down that road with u.


Dude this is not how vaccinations work, I refer you to my earlier point: they aren't magic. You can't keep criticizing the idea of vaccination if you aren't sure how they are supposed to work. They are immune system enhancers. They are not 100% prevention. They are basically prophylactics.. or maybe a better analogy is IUDs. Do they work almost every time? yes, but in some cases they do not. In some cases, installing the IUD goes wrong and hurts the patient.

But you arent gonna listen. I just said that, I just said why survival rate is a bad method, and you're still using it. Its bad faith. Do you want to win an argument or do you want to be correct here?

I said earlier that if people dont want to get them, that's fine. However if that is announced, or if bad information is presented (and thats unfortunately what you are doing), then it can and should be gone after. If people choose not to get the jab, that's fine. If they choose to announce it, expect some pushback, but fine. If misinformation is pushed, that should not stand.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 48,463
And1: 55,247
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine 

Post#136 » by clyde21 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:16 pm

FNQ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
FNQ wrote:
the human immune system is based on thousands of years of dealing with diseases. It doesnt just see a new disease and immediately understand what to do.

And as said before, survival rate is a horrible way to evaluate the efficacy of a virus. Because its one bad mutation away from being a legitimate plague. When something can spread as fast as COVID did, we have to thank our lucky stars that it wasn't something more fatal, because it if were, we'd be looking at Black Death like levels. Have to stop acting like there's no reason that vax is important, or that its some weird conspiracy to hurt people, when it actually makes perfect sense to treat it the way that we have.

Or we can go back to having a life expectancy in the 30s with that functioning immune system we have.


i am not anti vax, I am not pro vax, I am an everyone can make that risk assessment on their own, if someone feels a lot safer taking it, more power to them, if someone doesn't feel like they need to take it, more power to them. the idea that it's all or nothing is ridiculous to me, and the whole cultish behavior now surrounding the vaccines (on both sides) is pretty disgusting.

personally, if I am with you in the same room, and you are vax'd and I am not, if your vaccine works, then you should not have anything to worry about. period. the idea that I have to be vax'd too for YOUR vaccine to work is nonsensical to me...especially considering we're talking about a virus with 99.++% survival, sorry.

anyways with that said, I'mma drop it here, cuz these discussions always end up going places we don't want them to go, you're my boy FNQ and I don't want to go down that road with u.


Dude this is not how vaccinations work, I refer you to my earlier point: they aren't magic. You can't keep criticizing the idea of vaccination if you aren't sure how they are supposed to work. They are immune system enhancers. They are not 100% prevention. They are basically prophylactics.. or maybe a better analogy is IUDs. Do they work almost every time? yes, but in some cases they do not. In some cases, installing the IUD goes wrong and hurts the patient.


i know how vaccines work, I know they are not 100%, but you are making my point for me...shaming people for not wanting to get a vaccine because YOUR vaccine 'only' has a 98% of chance of working against a virus with a 99.9% survival rate is ludicrous.

everyone has their own risk tolerance and assessment, projecting your own on everyone else is where I have a problem.

now I am done for real.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 54,614
And1: 15,399
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine 

Post#137 » by FNQ » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:19 pm

and1GS wrote:I wonder if these same debates were had about the polio vaccine...


Every major vaccination has received the same pushback.. long before COVID our hospitals were given giant cheat sheets and extremely long case studies that counter almost every anti-vax argument there is. There really is no rational debate to be had if you go through all of them. But because of freedoms, you cant expect everyone to participate in getting vaccinated (thankfully we dont need 100% of people to do it)..

But yeah, there is never a 'new' anti-vax argument. There's a template, and the old disease is switched out with the new, and thats that. "They aren't safe" even though they are safer than OTC medications that people take daily. Natural immunity, essential oils, preferred deities.. whatever placebo you want to call it, all are not good arguments

What's really scary to me is that those who really study vaccinations and their effects can literally rip the limbs off of any anti-vax argument, but their arguments require critical thinking, baseline understanding of viruses/medicine, and how vaccinations work. The anti-vax arguments are simple and incomplete. And thats why they appeal to people who just want to be anti-society - its a simple, easy to understand argument that feeds into their need to not be a cog in the system.
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 54,614
And1: 15,399
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine 

Post#138 » by FNQ » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:25 pm

clyde21 wrote:
FNQ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
i am not anti vax, I am not pro vax, I am an everyone can make that risk assessment on their own, if someone feels a lot safer taking it, more power to them, if someone doesn't feel like they need to take it, more power to them. the idea that it's all or nothing is ridiculous to me, and the whole cultish behavior now surrounding the vaccines (on both sides) is pretty disgusting.

personally, if I am with you in the same room, and you are vax'd and I am not, if your vaccine works, then you should not have anything to worry about. period. the idea that I have to be vax'd too for YOUR vaccine to work is nonsensical to me...especially considering we're talking about a virus with 99.++% survival, sorry.

anyways with that said, I'mma drop it here, cuz these discussions always end up going places we don't want them to go, you're my boy FNQ and I don't want to go down that road with u.


Dude this is not how vaccinations work, I refer you to my earlier point: they aren't magic. You can't keep criticizing the idea of vaccination if you aren't sure how they are supposed to work. They are immune system enhancers. They are not 100% prevention. They are basically prophylactics.. or maybe a better analogy is IUDs. Do they work almost every time? yes, but in some cases they do not. In some cases, installing the IUD goes wrong and hurts the patient.


i know how vaccines work, I know they are not 100%, but you are making my point for me...shaming people for not wanting to get a vaccine because YOUR vaccine 'only' has a 98% of chance of working against a virus with a 99.9% survival rate is ludicrous.

everyone has their own risk tolerance and assessment, projecting your own on everyone else is where I have a problem.

now I am done for real.


I'm not shaming people. I'm shaming you, because you are conclusively talking about something you aren't understanding and pushing people away from what the correct answer should be.

I was just chiding others who are pro-vax for attacking people when they couldn't explain **** either.. but you are just like them on the other side. Both of you are obstacles towards understanding diseases & vaccinations, as well as obstacles toward legitimate public safety.

So let me explain even in the short sentences above where you are wrong:

- vaccines are far closer to 100% than the survival rate of COVID. You simply don't understand what they do. They are boosters. In that way, they are almost always effective. They aren't a cure, or they'd be called a cure

- again, survival rate is a crutch for the ignorant. Explained this already. 3rd time you're citing it. Why? What part of what I said before is not sticking?

- projecting your own lack of critical thinking onto others (IE - choosing not to get the vax) is absolutely the other people's business because they have the right to know whether or not you choose to do something that could potentially hurt them. If individual rights are so damn important, the vaccinated people should have the right to know when someone is choosing to potentially put them in danger, and thus assess their own risk of whether or not being around them is worth it.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 48,463
And1: 55,247
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine 

Post#139 » by clyde21 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:27 pm

FNQ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Dude this is not how vaccinations work, I refer you to my earlier point: they aren't magic. You can't keep criticizing the idea of vaccination if you aren't sure how they are supposed to work. They are immune system enhancers. They are not 100% prevention. They are basically prophylactics.. or maybe a better analogy is IUDs. Do they work almost every time? yes, but in some cases they do not. In some cases, installing the IUD goes wrong and hurts the patient.


i know how vaccines work, I know they are not 100%, but you are making my point for me...shaming people for not wanting to get a vaccine because YOUR vaccine 'only' has a 98% of chance of working against a virus with a 99.9% survival rate is ludicrous.

everyone has their own risk tolerance and assessment, projecting your own on everyone else is where I have a problem.

now I am done for real.


- vaccines are far closer to 100% than the survival rate of COVID.


great, so you shouldn't give two **** whether the person next to you has it or not.

glad we are on the same page.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
ILOVEIT
RealGM
Posts: 12,138
And1: 2,385
Joined: May 28, 2004

Re: Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine 

Post#140 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:35 pm

SamuraiAttack wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Well, the way it works is, with so many people unvaccinated, all passing covid around, there's so many chances for mutations to thrive and spread, that pretty soon your vaccine isn't worth a crap. Then you get sick and die. That's how it works.


lmao sounds like a bunch of **** nonsense to keep people scared af.

oh no, a disease with a 99.9% survival might mutate into another disease with a 99.9% survival rate...keep the vax coming! because, you know, human body no longer has a functioning immune system anymore apparently. :lol:

I pity your lack of intelligence.


99.9%...
Half a million dead you ignorant fool. Health care workers likely working to save your asses dying at younger ages.

I WISH we could build a island in the middle of the pacific and just put you all on it....so sick of selfish ignorant people.

(good news...we'd play Fox news for you all day so :)
Looking forward to 2073....bye bye pouting moody Durant...hello again the 73 win style of hoops!

Return to Golden State Warriors