Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Re: Warriors trade PG Brad Wanamaker to the Hornets 

Post#61 » by FNQ » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:11 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
FNQ wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Signing with a new team in free agency resets the Bird rights clock to zero.

How does that conflict with what I said?

Sorry, perhaps I took it wrong. It sounded like a 3 year contract would give them Bird rights, but he actually has to stay there 3 years to get Bird rights since it starts from zero, and they don't get them until after 3 years. Could be 1+1+1 or any combination. Anyway, sorry if I misunderstood.

Gotcha

My point being that Oubre, if he does sign elsewhere, pretty much has to sign a 3 year deal if he really thinks he's betting on his own talents. Not having bird rights is a huge disadvantage to a player.

So if Oubre's market is so depleted that the only 3 year contract he gets has a very low AAV, it might make more sense for him to sign a 1-15 with us, and hope we either re-sign him after (lol) or, far more likely, we trade him to a team over the cap but interested in keeping him long term

I'd have to believe that's our preferred move, as its the lowest risk while retaining the salary slot, but that's assuming that we're willing to spend. If not, this is all moot anyways
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#62 » by tarantism » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:24 am

So we freed up two roster spots, correct? I'm assuming they use one to lock up JTA, but who are the likely buyout guys they are taking a look at?

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,388

Post#63 » by Big J » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:09 pm

Wanamaker is playing great for CHA. I know he was hated here, but it was only a matter of time before he got out of his slump.
jaymo123
Starter
And1: 751

Post#64 » by jaymo123 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:49 pm

Big J wrote:Wanamaker is playing great for CHA. I know he was hated here, but it was only a matter of time before he got out of his slump.

I haven't paid attention to Hornet games, is he playing well? If so, that is an indictment on Kerr's coaching.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#65 » by azwfan » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:03 pm

jaymo123 wrote:
Big J wrote:Wanamaker is playing great for CHA. I know he was hated here, but it was only a matter of time before he got out of his slump.

I haven't paid attention to Hornet games, is he playing well? If so, that is an indictment on Kerr's coaching.

Missing wide open 3’s and wide open layups arent an indictment on Kerr’s coaching.

Maybe some of the other stuff can blame on him though if your desperate to blame Kerr for stuff.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,552

Post#66 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:04 pm

jaymo123 wrote:

Are you sure? Maybe it is an indictment on Curry for not making his teammates better. Or an indictment on Wiseman for clogging up the offense. Just so we can blame someone, rather than assuming a guy played poorly for a string of 20 games or so.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
Dom801e
Veteran
And1: 861

Post#67 » by Dom801e » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:31 am

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:
jaymo123 wrote:

Are you sure? Maybe it is an indictment on Curry for not making his teammates better. Or an indictment on Wiseman for clogging up the offense. Just so we can blame someone, rather than assuming a guy played poorly for a string of 20 games or so.

Clearly Oubre’s fault. His early season suckage was contagious.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#68 » by FNQ » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:21 am

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:
jaymo123 wrote:

Curry's having one hell of a season. He's been exposed as an overrated Lou Williams, crowned the best player of all time, was probably the reason KD left, ate a bat 18 months ago, organized investors to inflate certain stocks, and does anyone know where he was on January 6th? I'm just asking questions that we're all thinking about

Great for Wanamaker though. Someone with that cool a name/beard combo deserves some level of success.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#69 » by shazam_guy » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:31 am

Kerr clearly failed to run out on the court and guide Wanamaker's shots into the basket. Curse that Kerr! History's greatest villain!
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#70 » by Mylie10 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:10 pm

Lol
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors