ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 44 : Atlanta Hawks (22-22) @ Golden State Warriors (22-23) - 10:00 PM

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,412

Re: Game 44 : Atlanta Hawks (22-22) @ Golden State Warriors (22-23) - 10:00 PM 

Post#141 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:41 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:How does wiseman not get these rebounds?

Easy....on defense is either being bullied out of the lane and can't recover to rebound
or
he's helping some other lose who didn't defend at the point of attack....help defense takes you out of the play most often.

That and he's a little weak at this point in his career.

Bottom line IMO....if Warriors were playing decent defense at the point of attack Wiseman wouldn't be chasing all these shots...
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#142 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:43 am

FNQ wrote:
vagelis wrote:Wiggins got the ball 3 times in the fourth quarter.
I don't understand why the other players were allowed to not give the ball to the best player of the floor.
We are talking about 4th quarter. The ball has to go to your best choice.
3 touches and 1 shot attempt for Wiggins in 4th quarter. Some players were not trying to win but showcase themselves. Give the ball to Wiggins more

In games that are decided, I dont want Wiggins touching the ball. We know what he is. Whether he chooses to unleash it when the game is still undecided is purely on him. To his credit, he's been doing much better with that lately

But the 4th quarter of a definite loss belongs to Mannion, Poole, Wiseman, and maybe JTA.

I was thinking something similar. One of the one few things I know for sure after this season....Wiggins can help...and he's going to be a very good 3rd option after Curry and Klay.

I don't need to seem him play 40 minutes a night with a season like this.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#143 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:50 am

Looney...what a cool crafty old vet....
Problem is he's not old ...but he plays like it.
I love the kid but really....another key rotation guy that can't score? Looney....Draymond...these guys are great when you have a bunch of super talent around them.
Myers...you can do better than this.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#144 » by Twinkie defense » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:50 am

I love how Nico Manion gets into the chest of the ball handler on defense.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#145 » by Twinkie defense » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:56 am

ILOVEIT wrote:if Warriors were playing decent defense at the point of attack Wiseman wouldn't be chasing all these shots...

It's a two-way street - the perimeter players are going to play tighter on-ball defense if they trust that Wiseman has their backs... and that someone will rotate to cover Wiseman's man when he steps up to protect the rim.

The biggest thing this team needs is probably a week to just do defensive drills and install plays.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#146 » by FNQ » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:56 am

vagelis wrote:
FNQ wrote:
I don't understand why the other players were allowed to not give the ball to the best player of the floor.
3 touches and 1 shot attempt for Wiggins in 4th quarter. Some players were not trying to win but showcase themselves. Give the ball to Wiggins more

In games that are decided, I dont want Wiggins touching the ball. We know what he is. Whether he chooses to unleash it when the game is still undecided is purely on him. To his credit, he's been doing much better with that lately

But the 4th quarter of a definite loss belongs to Mannion, Poole, Wiseman, and maybe JTA.

16 points difference and 8 minutes left is not a definite loss. They had time when Wiggins came in.
I agree with you that when the game is decided the bench players have to showcase themseves. I just think that the game was not decided when Wiggins came in

Based on the way we were playing, it could have been an 8 pt lead with 16 minutes left.. this wasnt like the Philly game where he had a legit run and put them on notice. Our defense was abysmal and anytime the Hawks got bored of taking bad shots, it was lob city all day

We know Wiggins could have put up another 40 burger, but ultimately if he's the only one who can do that, we aren't getting better. Poole, Mannion, and Wiseman need those touches. If we win, we win, if we lose, we lose. But the priority is making them better
vagelis
Starter
And1: 794

Post#147 » by vagelis » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:16 am

FNQ wrote:We know Wiggins could have put up another 40 burger, but ultimately if he's the only one who can do that, we aren't getting better. Poole, Mannion, and Wiseman need those touches. If we win, we win, if we lose, we lose. But the priority is making them better

The team has to try for a playoff spot. When Curry gets back Warriors are a good team.
Curry, Wiggins, Green can have a good run in playoffs.
They just need health, better chemistry and Wiggins more involved when Curry gets back.
I dont agree that Warriors should count this season as lost and just develop young players.

Curry is a huge player, Warriors will have a chance when he gets back.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,164

Post#148 » by cpower » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:25 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Looney...what a cool crafty old vet....
I love the kid but really....another key rotation guy that can't score? Looney....Draymond...these guys are great when you have a bunch of super talent around them.

Curry Klay Wiggins Green Looney thats a top 10 lineup in the league but the problem is the bench.. wiseman oubre nico poole is really bad and we are not getting anywhere with that.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#149 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:26 am

vagelis wrote:
FNQ wrote:We know Wiggins could have put up another 40 burger, but ultimately if he's the only one who can do that, we aren't getting better. Poole, Mannion, and Wiseman need those touches. If we win, we win, if we lose, we lose. But the priority is making them better

The team has to try for a playoff spot. When Curry gets back Warriors are a good team.
They just need health, better chemistry and Wiggins more involved when Curry gets back.
I dont agree that Warriors should count this season as lost and just develop young players.

Odd...yeah I came away a little more hopeful after yet another 20 point loss (guys this is getting comical).

You would THINK that Curry, Wiggins would have enough with Draymond and the rest.

But there is one thing that sort of bugs me. Wiggins get's forgotten when Curry is playing. Wiggins isn't like Klay....scores or shoots every time he get's the ball. Wiggins needs to hold the ball for a moment....make his move....

I'm worried that Curry + Wiggins sort of cancels Wiggins out a bit....and we need him to play like he is now....and not shrink back when Curry returns.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#150 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:27 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
FNQ wrote:

I was thinking something similar. One of the one few things I know for sure after this season....Wiggins can help...and he's going to be a very good 3rd option after Curry and Klay.

I don't need to seem him play 40 minutes a night with a season like this.

Wiggs gets burdened with alot of responsibilities on both ends of the court with steph out. Kerr knows u cant drive him into the ground. Wiggs played the entire 3rd carrying the offense and chasing trae. It was the right decision to pull him early to keep him rested. If the reserves got the game within 10, im sure wiggs would have come back in.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#151 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:30 am

cpower wrote:

Curry Klay Wiggins Green Looney thats a top 10 lineup in the league but the problem is the bench.. wiseman oubre nico poole is really bad and we are not getting anywhere with that.

Why would you'ld you look to upgrade a center that gives you the same offense as your PF???? I don't get it. Why are we asking three starters to carry the entire offensive load....nobody guards Green or Looney.

BTW...Wiseman is our starting center...not Looney. So how does Looney help the bench? Undersized...we've been getting pounded night and night out...

Of course our bench is a WAY bigger problem....
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#152 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:36 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
vagelis wrote:

Odd...yeah I came away a little more hopeful after yet another 20 point loss (guys this is getting comical).

You would THINK that Curry, Wiggins would have enough with Draymond and the rest.

But there is one thing that sort of bugs me. Wiggins get's forgotten when Curry is playing. Wiggins isn't like Klay....scores or shoots every time he get's the ball. Wiggins needs to hold the ball for a moment....make his move....

I'm worried that Curry + Wiggins sort of cancels Wiggins out a bit....and we need him to play like he is now....and not shrink back when Curry returns.

Yeah, its weird to have one of the best iso scorers in the league (statistically this year, not lying, i swear) and choose not to use it more often. I think the simplest fix would be to have wiggs to play more 2 man game with curry at the top of the key. Unfortunately this would allow the opposing team use 1 defender to guard dray, oubre, and wiseman/looney :D

Imo, dieng would be the perfect C for this team since he was bought out today.
vagelis
Starter
And1: 794

Post#153 » by vagelis » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:58 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
vagelis wrote:

Exactly that, Wiggins is not Thompson. Wiggins needs the ball in order to play his game.
He gets cofidence when he gets the ball more. And he is not a spot up shooter. He shoots better when he dribbles the ball more while his main asset is driving to the rim.
Wiggins is more like Durant. He is an iso scorer. He can suit to every system but he is far better when he is the first or second ball handler and shot creator.
Curry and Wiggins is one of the best scoring duos if we talk about individual capabilities. They should try to build some chemistry.
Curry is the clear #1 and top 3 in NBA. Wiggins can help him win.
They can win and I talk about this year. When you have a second option who is capable to score 40 points with ease you have to win. You have to find ways to involve both of your main guys
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,164

Post#154 » by cpower » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:36 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
cpower wrote:

Why would you'ld you look to upgrade a center that gives you the same offense as your PF???? I don't get it. Why are we asking three starters to carry the entire offensive load....nobody guards Green or Looney.

BTW...Wiseman is our starting center...not Looney. So how does Looney help the bench? Undersized...we've been getting pounded night and night out...

Of course our bench is a WAY bigger problem....

do you know how our system works? we never asked Green or Bogut to carry any offensive in 15/16.. why now? Basically Looney will start and we will play traditional lineup and replace him with a wing for small ball (Lonza Ball would be ideal)
wiseman and oubre are not getting serious mins if you want to go deep in the post season, and starting wiseman would be very bad since he cant do a thing now to help the team.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#155 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:38 pm

Coxy wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:I wanna see Wiseman start chuckin 3's and leading fast breaks, I give zero effs about this season anymore

Welcome aboard, this ship is a lovely ride, but you may have missed some of it as this ship set sail when Klay went down.

I haven’t given a crap all season :lol: Just want to see Steph bomb and Jimmy Wiseguy grow up.

We could have been a 5 or 6 seed so I gave a **** for a while but letting Steph sit out this long they're basically throwing in the towel, so might as well give Wiseman 30 minutes and let him GQ Statpad the rest of the year.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett

Return to Golden State Warriors