ImageImageImageImageImage

Warriors and Aaron Gordon?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Warriors and Aaron Gordon? 

Post#1 » by Mylie10 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:08 pm

Why don’t you guys think the Warriors, who have been linked to him for several years, has a declining contract, and a skill set that would seem to fit the roster, have passed up on getting him several times?

Was it cost? As in the price via draft picks

Was it the fact that Draymond is here?

Or do you think they just don’t like him?

Not a big deal, just kind of curious what you guys think.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Re: Warriors and Aaron Gordon? 

Post#2 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:21 pm

Magic didnt want oubre.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#3 » by Sleepy51 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:23 pm

I think every team who Meyers talks to about any player with a positive asset value will be asking for our pick, the MN pick or Wiseman to be included in a larger trade package. They know that it makes next to no sense to carry two draft picks and Wiseman on a roster that wants to contend with Klay's return next year. They know we will have to come up off of one of those assets by next trade deadline, so why let us off the hook even for a marginal improvement deal now? I don't think anyone is going to let us get better without plucking one of those assets.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,863

Post#4 » by 510TWSS » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:30 pm

AG not worth the minny pick
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#5 » by tarantism » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:17 pm

Didn't he say he preferred Boston? Maybe he doesn't want to come to GSW. Off the top of my head I can't remember exactly what the Magic got for him but if picks were involved then the Warriors may have not been willing to part with any.

I do get the impression that they want to use Wiseman and the Minny pick to transition into an extended window after Steph ages out. So they're maybe looking to keep the young guys on cheaper contracts, see how they pan out and look forwards to gaining cap flexibility for another potential run of contention in 4 or 5 years.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,234

Post#6 » by wco81 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:48 pm

510TWSS wrote:AG not worth the minny pick

Nor a lottery pick.

I think the picks that Denver gave them will likely be in the 20s. Supposedly has protections but they haven't said what exactly.

Probably at least top-10 protected.

But it's out in 2025.

Would have been happy to have traded him for Oubre but other teams were willing to pay more.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,234

Post#7 » by wco81 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:50 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:I think every team who Meyers talks to about any player with a positive asset value will be asking for our pick, the MN pick or Wiseman to be included in a larger trade package. They know that it makes next to no sense to carry two draft picks and Wiseman on a roster that wants to contend with Klay's return next year. They know we will have to come up off of one of those assets by next trade deadline, so why let us off the hook even for a marginal improvement deal now? I don't think anyone is going to let us get better without plucking one of those assets.

I think they can have a 8-14 pick and the Minnesota pick on the roster next year.

You figure Mulder isn't in the plans and Lee may not be either. Or they can get rid of Smiley.

Yeah they may have problems giving enough minutes to two rookies and Wiseman as well.

But I don't think it will matter, even if Klay comes back as the best version of himself, the Warriors are a #3 or #4 seed at best.

Return to Golden State Warriors