ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 49 : Golden State Warriors (23-25) @ Toronto Raptors (18-30) - 7:00 PM

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,021

Re: Game 49 : Golden State Warriors (23-25) @ Toronto Raptors (18-30) - 7:00 PM 

Post#61 » by Frozzy » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:06 am

Hell Yeah
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#62 » by azwfan » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:08 am

Somewhere Brad Wanamaker is smiling.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#63 » by azwfan » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:12 am

Well seems like Draymond isn't going to need to worry about any play-in games.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#64 » by and1GS » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:13 am

azwfan wrote:
and1GS wrote:I'm still at Q2 but this **** is hilarious and embarrassing.

Q2 was like normal losing. Wait till you see the 3rd Q
**** this is awful!!!
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
and1GS
RealGM
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#65 » by and1GS » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:13 am

Sleepy51 wrote:Got my second vaccine shot last week so Im out partying with Mrs Sleepy, but why in the **** is the score 110 to 59?
Good for you man! Hope you two didn't get any of the side effects. A few friends had bad reactions to the Moderna.

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#66 » by lars_rosenberg » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:16 am

azwfan wrote:
lars_rosenberg wrote:
Big J wrote:Why the hell didn't Kerr rest Curry & Draymond in Miami and play them tonight in a game we actually have a chance in? Moronic.
Isn't it obvious? Image

Yeah, I think 60% chance at getting an elite pick wasn't good enough and the team is trying to improve their odds.

Also, getting 2 top 10 picks is better than one. You may even be able to trade up if necessary.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#67 » by azwfan » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:17 am

and1GS wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:Got my second vaccine shot last week so Im out partying with Mrs Sleepy, but why in the **** is the score 110 to 59?
Good for you man! Hope you two didn't get any of the side effects. A few friends had bad reactions to the Moderna.

I had side effects to J&J. Lost taste & fever (but not super high, like 102). Only lasted about 12 hours though. Next day was just fatigued. After that back to normal except felt like I got punched in the shoulder for a few days.
and1GS
RealGM

Post#68 » by and1GS » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:19 am

azwfan wrote:
and1GS wrote:

I had side effects to J&J. Lost taste & fever (but not super high, like 102). Only lasted about 12 hours though. Next day was just fatigued. After that back to normal except felt like I got punched in the shoulder for a few days.
Woof, but glad it wasn't too bad. I got first shot of Moderna and it was a breeze.

azwfan
RealGM

Post#69 » by azwfan » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:20 am

Wiseman with the step back 3 and Smiley with the oreb and put back! Damn you Kerr for not playing this combo earlier! If only...
azwfan
RealGM

Post#70 » by azwfan » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:22 am

Say what you want about Smiley, at least he's competing for the ball <looks at Wiseman>
and1GS
RealGM

Post#71 » by and1GS » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:26 am

We are kidding ourselves if we think Klay and 2 draft picks makes us a contender. I've said it for a while but we are a long ways away from a title - and that's ok, **** either takes time or a big, seismic move. Those are the paths.

I know this was all the backups, but what does our rotation even look like outside of the main 4? Poole - yes. Wiseman - potential, def could do the JaVale+ role right now. That puts us at 6 players, with maybe 4-5 being consistently impactful. What's left? Damion and Paschal? Woof.

We need to pick a direction. Keep our 3 picks (Wise, W's, Minny) and commit to a longer term rebuild. Or trade those 3 assets + a little extra for a star. But standing in the middle and debating what to do with Kelly **** Oubre is a waste of time.

and1GS
RealGM

Post#72 » by and1GS » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:26 am

azwfan wrote:Wiseman with the step back 3 and Smiley with the oreb and put back! Damn you Kerr for not playing this combo earlier! If only...
LOL you on a roll today! The #KillerCombo we been missing!

SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,400

Post#73 » by SpreeChokeJob » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:32 am

and1GS wrote:We are kidding ourselves if we think Klay and 2 draft picks makes us a contender. I've said it for a while but we are a long ways away from a title - and that's ok, **** either takes time or a big, seismic move. Those are the paths.

I know this was all the backups, but what does our rotation even look like outside of the main 4? Poole - yes. Wiseman - potential, def could do the JaVale+ role right now. That puts us at 6 players, with maybe 4-5 being consistently impactful. What's left? Damion and Paschal? Woof.

We need to pick a direction. Keep our 3 picks (Wise, W's, Minny) and commit to a longer term rebuild. Or trade those 3 assets + a little extra for a star. But standing in the middle and debating what to do with Kelly **** Oubre is a waste of time.

The two picks gives us options if there is an available player that this team wants to acquire through trade. Or they can forget about competing about championships and slowly wind it out while building the future core, but they have to nail a superstar in the drafts. So far there isn't a sure superstar that I see. Maybe some all stars.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#74 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:35 am

Just looked at the "highlights of the game"

Are you F'ing kidding me. Raptors...with virtually no fire power....beating us by 40+???

21 TO's tonight....20 last night. And no...Curry and Draymond both played that game.

Poole...? legit....not if he's your shooting guard and you lose by 40....to an absolute crap team.

BTW...every game Wiseman plays....his value goes down.

And of course instead of just putting the ball in Wiggins hands and let me go to work...they run that ridiculous weave at the top of the key that does nothing but offer up steal opportunities.

Tank. Tank. Tank. Own the fact that without Klay that his is a crap team. And WITH Klay it's at best a 4th seed.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#75 » by GswStorm3 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:38 am

Wiseman's defense makes me want to vomit. I'm shopping him in the offseason if i'm Myers.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#76 » by FNQ » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:49 am

azwfan wrote:Poole not exactly lighting it up tonight either. Actually the only one I can think of who has looked good is Wiggins.

I stayed away from the forum because I knew this was coming... Wiggins took 9 shots in a game where the only PG on the roster was Nico. Poole led the team in shots a night after rolling his ankle

I love how Wiggins has played but yall really need to stop looking at results in a vacuum.. Wiggins #1 flaw was on display all game. Literally no one played well tonight. Wiggins, Oubre and Poole the only ones that should be anywhere near a starting lineup, but Oubre shouldnt be one with us and Poole shouldn't be guarding on-ball, ever. He's actually a better rotational defender than on-ball, like Curry

How does an injured Poole lead the team in FGA and nearly in minutes?
How does Wiggins only take 9 shots?
How does JTA get the start and then get less minutes than Mychal Mulder?

There's no plan here for the rest of the season it seems.

The lone positive for this game was that Poole didnt have to play too much PG.. maybe that experiment is finally over
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#77 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:52 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Just looked at the "highlights of the game"

Are you F'ing kidding me. Raptors...with virtually no fire power....beating us by 40+???

21 TO's tonight....20 last night. And no...Curry and Draymond both played that game.

Poole...? legit....not if he's your shooting guard and you lose by 40....to an absolute crap team.

BTW...every game Wiseman plays....his value goes down.

And of course instead of just putting the ball in Wiggins hands and let me go to work...they run that ridiculous weave at the top of the key that does nothing but offer up steal opportunities.

Tank. Tank. Tank. Own the fact that without Klay that his is a crap team. And WITH Klay it's at best a 4th seed.

Motion is fine if u have the players. But kerr is forcing guys like baze, oubre, wiseman, EP etc.. to to touch the ball alot and make a smart play. It just doesnt work. 1q, wiggs is cooking, yet we have everyone feeling entitled to touches that wiggs gets iced by his own offense.

Limit the turnovers by giving it to people that can do something. This was the perfect game to go back to the pnr game, but we didnt again other than a coiple of instances.

Kerr a probably given up and giving the keys to wiseman, poole, and mannion to sink or swim in the motion offense.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#78 » by FNQ » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:54 am

and1GS wrote:We are kidding ourselves if we think Klay and 2 draft picks makes us a contender. I've said it for a while but we are a long ways away from a title - and that's ok, **** either takes time or a big, seismic move. Those are the paths.

Curry, Klay, Draymond, and 2 draft picks actually.

How many of the players on the roster tonight are actually rotation pieces next year? Poole, Wiggins, Wiseman.. maybe Nico/Lee/Looney/JTA/EP?

Missing our top 3 players, having one of our top 3 players tonight already wounded, and having our best player tonight refusing to take over is of course going to get ugly.

But we knew we didnt have a go-to player tonight.. meanwhile all the Raps had to do was keep Poole, Oubre, and Wiggins from getting hot and the game was a lock. Considering Poole was wounded, Wiggins is a human shrinky-dink as a #1 option, and Oubre is Oubre... what were people honestly expecting here?
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#79 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:55 am

FNQ wrote:
azwfan wrote:Poole not exactly lighting it up tonight either. Actually the only one I can think of who has looked good is Wiggins.

I stayed away from the forum because I knew this was coming... Wiggins took 9 shots in a game where the only PG on the roster was Nico. Poole led the team in shots a night after rolling his ankle

I love how Wiggins has played but yall really need to stop looking at results in a vacuum.. Wiggins #1 flaw was on display all game. Literally no one played well tonight. Wiggins, Oubre and Poole the only ones that should be anywhere near a starting lineup, but Oubre shouldnt be one with us and Poole shouldn't be guarding on-ball, ever. He's actually a better rotational defender than on-ball, like Curry

How does an injured Poole lead the team in FGA and nearly in minutes?
How does Wiggins only take 9 shots?
How does JTA get the start and then get less minutes than Mychal Mulder?

There's no plan here for the rest of the season it seems.

The lone positive for this game was that Poole didnt have to play too much PG.. maybe that experiment is finally over

The raptors had multiple defenders on wiggs, so instead of helping him with screens or run him as facilitator, they played the motion and other players took the wide open shots.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#80 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:56 am

I think everyone is overrating poole immensely. Good player, but he isnt the next coming of CJ McCollum that people think he is.

Return to Golden State Warriors