ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 49 : Golden State Warriors (23-25) @ Toronto Raptors (18-30) - 7:00 PM

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Re: Game 49 : Golden State Warriors (23-25) @ Toronto Raptors (18-30) - 7:00 PM 

Post#81 » by FNQ » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:58 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
FNQ wrote:
azwfan wrote:Poole not exactly lighting it up tonight either. Actually the only one I can think of who has looked good is Wiggins.

I stayed away from the forum because I knew this was coming... Wiggins took 9 shots in a game where the only PG on the roster was Nico. Poole led the team in shots a night after rolling his ankle

I love how Wiggins has played but yall really need to stop looking at results in a vacuum.. Wiggins #1 flaw was on display all game. Literally no one played well tonight. Wiggins, Oubre and Poole the only ones that should be anywhere near a starting lineup, but Oubre shouldnt be one with us and Poole shouldn't be guarding on-ball, ever. He's actually a better rotational defender than on-ball, like Curry

How does an injured Poole lead the team in FGA and nearly in minutes?
How does Wiggins only take 9 shots?
How does JTA get the start and then get less minutes than Mychal Mulder?

There's no plan here for the rest of the season it seems.

The lone positive for this game was that Poole didnt have to play too much PG.. maybe that experiment is finally over

The raptors had multiple defenders on wiggs, so instead of helping him with screens or run him as facilitator, they played the motion and other players took the wide open shots.

I saw that happen sometimes. I also saw opportunities for Wiggins to get going but he played passive. I mean we know this about him, its not a secret. He doesnt have the killer instinct DNA. He's never going to tell his team that he's the best player, jump on his back.

And that's fine. But even though we shouldnt expect that from him (ie expect it to work), the team needed someone like that. If we're dumping those expectations on Poole.. we shouldn't be surprised by the result. Especially the night after he rolled an ankle. He got to the rim a lot less than he usually does, clearly on a bad wheel
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#82 » by FNQ » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:00 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:I think everyone is overrating poole immensely. Good player, but he isnt the next coming of CJ McCollum that people think he is.

Has anyone said that though?

He's a good shooter with good enough handles to get to the rim.. and he's been constantly dogged on here. If Wiseman had as effective a run as he did over 2 weeks, we'd be estatic.. do yall just think that kind of talent grows on trees? When's the last time we had a guard like that that wasnt named Klay or Curry?

You don't just trip and fall into a top 10 SG RPM.. and considering he's done the majority of it without the gravity of Stephen Curry, its crazy to me that the usual suspects AND the extremely smarter than everyone stat junkies are so dismissive.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,197

Post#83 » by clyde21 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:01 am

and1GS wrote:We are kidding ourselves if we think Klay and 2 draft picks makes us a contender. I've said it for a while but we are a long ways away from a title - and that's ok, **** either takes time or a big, seismic move. Those are the paths.

I know this was all the backups, but what does our rotation even look like outside of the main 4? Poole - yes. Wiseman - potential, def could do the JaVale+ role right now. That puts us at 6 players, with maybe 4-5 being consistently impactful. What's left? Damion and Paschal? Woof.

We need to pick a direction. Keep our 3 picks (Wise, W's, Minny) and commit to a longer term rebuild. Or trade those 3 assets + a little extra for a star. But standing in the middle and debating what to do with Kelly **** Oubre is a waste of time.

keep the picks, and get actual **** players that fit what this team does and has been doing the last 7 years, not go completely out of **** left field to draft a positionally locked C that is a completely awkward fit with this team and personnel...like a simple basketball mind could've seen this coming.

it's doable, but Myers would have to pull all the right triggers (picks, trades) this off-season for us to even come close at competing, we're gonna have to be dealing with teams like the Clips and Nugs and Lakers so it's tough...but who the hell knows.

i just don't trust in Myers and this FO AT ALL at this point, 0 faith.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#84 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:02 am

FNQ wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:I think everyone is overrating poole immensely. Good player, but he isnt the next coming of CJ McCollum that people think he is.

He's a good shooter with good enough handles to get to the rim.. and he's been constantly dogged on here. If Wiseman had as effective a run as he did over 2 weeks, we'd be estatic.. do yall just think that kind of talent grows on trees? When's the last time we had a guard like that that wasnt named Klay or Curry?

Lightyears podcast.

They called him the second best offensive player on the team and comped him to CJ.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#85 » by FNQ » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:05 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Lightyears podcast.

They called him the second best offensive player on the team and comped him to CJ.

oh dear lord. lol I stan myself some Poole but.. I think he peaks an Eric Gordon. Which to me is very valuable and a great 28th pick. But seriously, what would it take to put our 2 best shooters on the court for extended time? Is it that it would inflate his trade value? Would it upset Kelly Oubre? Or would it impact our 110+ pts a night defense too much?

really just dont get it. We're treating him like his draft status, not the player he actually is
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#86 » by ahmetmekin » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:08 am

FNQ wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Lightyears podcast.

oh dear lord. lol I stan myself some Poole but.. I think he peaks an Eric Gordon. Which to me is very valuable and a great 28th pick. But seriously, what would it take to put our 2 best shooters on the court for extended time? Is it that it would inflate his trade value? Would it upset Kelly Oubre? Or would it impact our 110+ pts a night defense too much?

really just dont get it. We're treating him like his draft status, not the player he actually is

It is probably to keep Oubre happy.
vagelis
Starter
And1: 794

Post#87 » by vagelis » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:10 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
FNQ wrote:
azwfan wrote:Poole not exactly lighting it up tonight either. Actually the only one I can think of who has looked good is Wiggins.

I stayed away from the forum because I knew this was coming... Wiggins took 9 shots in a game where the only PG on the roster was Nico. Poole led the team in shots a night after rolling his ankle

I love how Wiggins has played but yall really need to stop looking at results in a vacuum.. Wiggins #1 flaw was on display all game. Literally no one played well tonight. Wiggins, Oubre and Poole the only ones that should be anywhere near a starting lineup, but Oubre shouldnt be one with us and Poole shouldn't be guarding on-ball, ever. He's actually a better rotational defender than on-ball, like Curry

The lone positive for this game was that Poole didnt have to play too much PG.. maybe that experiment is finally over

The raptors had multiple defenders on wiggs, so instead of helping him with screens or run him as facilitator, they played the motion and other players took the wide open shots.

Kerr takes it personal and does not want to change anything.
He values Wiggins the same with Mannion, Poole, Mulder etc. He maybe values Oubre as better than Wiggins. So, whoever takes the ball in the motion offense he can shoot.
I think that it is Kerrs responsibility to select who will take the ball.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#88 » by FNQ » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:11 am

ahmetmekin wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Lightyears podcast.

It is probably to keep Oubre happy.

I wonder what upset Oubre would look like.. like imagine if he wasn't trying to be good. I can only assume he's trying to be good now, despite the results :dontknow:

Warriors' Oubre is like Minny's Wiggins... he's never going to do it here. We are not built to accommodate his flaws.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#89 » by FNQ » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:13 am

vagelis wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
FNQ wrote:

He values Wiggins the same with Mannion, Poole, Mulder etc. He maybe values Oubre as better than Wiggins. So, whoever takes the ball in the motion offense he can shoot.

Aside from the Kerr taking it personally thing (I dont follow the logic there), I do think Kerr could do more to gameplan the ball into Wiggins' hands more. We have plays to get Steph the ball, Dray the ball, Klay the ball.. we cant gameplan Wiggins getting the ball? We cant run the gauntlet of Curry screens for him?

I'm not pleased with Wiggins' lack of fire but I'm entirely fine with dumping some of that on Kerr too. Once the game is out of reach, the tank is complete, so try and get *something* to work
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#90 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:15 am

FNQ wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Lightyears podcast.

I suggested earlier that Poole should get a chance with curry, wiggs,and dray.

But, I think its moot because of wiseman and oubre.

You simply cant have wiseman and poole play big minutes together. If looney was still starting? Sure.
The opinions on oubre vary. Kerr could be stroking oubre's ego in case he returns or hes as good as some fans think he is and has earned the minutes.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#91 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:17 am

When you haven't seen water for a few days...mud starts to look really tasty.

The bar has to be higher for this team in terms of "promising young talent".

Nico...no. Too small...not even a reliably solid 3 point shooter...no. Not the future so....bye bye.
Smiles....please...I loved him two years ago...and he still looks like a goof.
Poole...since he's been in the league how much has he done to actually help the Warriors win games. If you get a crap ton minutes (last year) and still lose every game you play....ahem...you are note that good. Maybe a roll player one day....but...easy on "could be great" talk. His misses are alarming off pretty often. Good shooters don't miss that badly.
Paschall....look up low lights of Jason Caffey getting roofed over and over again about 15 years ago for the Warriors.

Wiggins is legit. Curry clearly. Draymond a GREAT motor and master roll player on a very good team.
Klay...when he get's back....

So what other legit starting proven talent do we have on this team?

Zero.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#92 » by FNQ » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:19 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Lightyears podcast.

I suggested earlier that Poole should get a chance with curry, wiggs,and dray.

But, I think its moot because of wiseman and oubre.

You simply cant have wiseman and poole play big minutes together. If looney was still starting? Sure.
The opinions on oubre vary. Kerr could be stroking oubre's ego in case he returns or hes as good as some fans think he is and has earned the minutes.

lol dont pretend Poole is moving the needle there.. who can you play Wiseman big minutes with? Even with Steph he's not looking good

At a certain point, the reasoning no longer matches the actions. Remember when it was that you couldnt play Wiggins and Wiseman big minutes? Or Oubre? Its just a mechanism to bring some other player into Wiseman's gravity of suck.. so if we're just gifting Wiseman the C spot, lets just go forth assuming we're gonna suck in terms of results, and try to build up other areas. Like having 2 great shooters and maybe a 3rd (if Wiggins can keep it rolling)
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#93 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:23 am

ILOVEIT wrote:

Nico...no. Too small...not even a reliably solid 3 point shooter...no. Not the future so....bye bye.
Poole...since he's been in the league how much has he done to actually help the Warriors win games. If you get a crap ton minutes (last year) and still lose every game you play....ahem...you are note that good. Maybe a roll player one day....but...easy on "could be great" talk. His misses are alarming off pretty often. Good shooters don't miss that badly.
Paschall....look up low lights of Jason Caffey getting roofed over and over again about 15 years ago for the Warriors.

Wiggins is legit. Curry clearly. Draymond a GREAT motor and master roll player on a very good team.

Zero.

I still think a curry, 50% klay, wiggs, and dray are a legit starting core that would be among the best. They simply fit like a glove and each bring something different. Unless wiseman takes a huge leap next year, they will never be as good as it could be. Im thinking Chriss getting hurt also sidetracked the season. Although he was dropped by the spurs, hed still be the best C on the team if healthy.
vagelis
Starter

Post#94 » by vagelis » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:25 am

FNQ wrote:
vagelis wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:

Aside from the Kerr taking it personally thing (I dont follow the logic there), I do think Kerr could do more to gameplan the ball into Wiggins' hands more. We have plays to get Steph the ball, Dray the ball, Klay the ball.. we cant gameplan Wiggins getting the ball? We cant run the gauntlet of Curry screens for him?

I'm not pleased with Wiggins' lack of fire but I'm entirely fine with dumping some of that on Kerr too. Once the game is out of reach, the tank is complete, so try and get *something* to work

Wiggins has the fire when he gets the ball. He has the fire in defense.
If he does not get the ball how will he show the fire?
He does not demand the ball, ok. But the coach should set plays for him. Especially in games like tonight where there is no other NBA player in the roster.
It is a crime that Mannion, Oubre, Poole, Paschal took more shots than Wiggins.
It is as if Kerr does not coach. I tend to believe that he just lets Green to be the coach in the games. Whenever Green is out it seems that there is no plan for the Warriors. Whoever takes the ball it is fine.
vagelis
Starter

Post#95 » by vagelis » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:29 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:

Zero.

I still think a curry, 50% klay, wiggs, and dray are a legit starting core that would be among the best. They simply fit like a glove and each bring something different. Unless wiseman takes a huge leap next year, they will never be as good as it could be. Im thinking Chriss getting hurt also sidetracked the season. Although he was dropped by the spurs, hed still be the best C on the team if healthy.

I agree with you once again. I think that Chriss was a big loss. He was the best center of this team.
Wiseman will get better the next years. But I do not think that he fits to the Warriors system. Maybe I am wrong about that because it is his rookie year but I think that Warriors should trade him if they find a good offer.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#96 » by azwfan » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:48 am

FNQ wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
FNQ wrote:

I saw that happen sometimes. I also saw opportunities for Wiggins to get going but he played passive. I mean we know this about him, its not a secret. He doesnt have the killer instinct DNA. He's never going to tell his team that he's the best player, jump on his back.

And that's fine. But even though we shouldnt expect that from him (ie expect it to work), the team needed someone like that. If we're dumping those expectations on Poole.. we shouldn't be surprised by the result. Especially the night after he rolled an ankle. He got to the rim a lot less than he usually does, clearly on a bad wheel

Agree that Wiggins is passive offensively, and can drive one insane if you're expecting more. But he still played well. We needed more... well yeah, but that doesn't mean he didn't play well. Poole wasn't good tonight, rolled ankle could be the reason. Just a bad night could be the reason. Combination of the two? Whatever the reason, he was really bad tonight. Wiseman level bad.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#97 » by EvanZ » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:51 am

"I like where we are" - the front office people
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#98 » by and1GS » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:59 am

SpreeChokeJob wrote:
and1GS wrote:We are kidding ourselves if we think Klay and 2 draft picks makes us a contender. I've said it for a while but we are a long ways away from a title - and that's ok, **** either takes time or a big, seismic move. Those are the paths.

I know this was all the backups, but what does our rotation even look like outside of the main 4? Poole - yes. Wiseman - potential, def could do the JaVale+ role right now. That puts us at 6 players, with maybe 4-5 being consistently impactful. What's left? Damion and Paschal? Woof.

We need to pick a direction. Keep our 3 picks (Wise, W's, Minny) and commit to a longer term rebuild. Or trade those 3 assets + a little extra for a star. But standing in the middle and debating what to do with Kelly **** Oubre is a waste of time.

The two picks gives us options if there is an available player that this team wants to acquire through trade. Or they can forget about competing about championships and slowly wind it out while building the future core, but they have to nail a superstar in the drafts. So far there isn't a sure superstar that I see. Maybe some all stars.
100% agree!
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#99 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Apr 3, 2021 3:22 am

I hope they have a big name in mind and are setting up assets for a summer trade. It's a legtimate concern that Curry's final years would be lost on a mediocre team with young guys trying to find their way :(
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,400

Post#100 » by SpreeChokeJob » Sat Apr 3, 2021 4:02 am

ILOVEIT wrote:I hope they have a big name in mind and are setting up assets for a summer trade. It's a legtimate concern that Curry's final years would be lost on a mediocre team with young guys trying to find their way :(

There might be a possibility that he won’t remain on the team if they don’t put up a good showing in offseason moves. That’s why I’m advocating the tank. That will put this team in best position to secure the future whatever happens.

He has one more year left in his contract. Unlike KD he will be more upfront about his situation. If he wants to go I’m sure he will let it be known and won’t give mixed KD signals. In which case the front office needs to begin rebuilding.

I hope he signs the four year contract because he likes Klay and Dray, but I see he still wants to compete. The front office has to show him something. They need to tank this year so there are some possibilities. If we don’t get the Minny pick and make the playoffs while getting a late teens pick that doesn’t move the needle at all.

Return to Golden State Warriors