clyde21
RealGM
And1: 55,519

Re: Bench "Kelly Mother****ing Oubre" 

Post#81 » by clyde21 » Sun May 2, 2021 9:56 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:
It's well known that I don't agree with that assessment.

i mean you are disagreeing with facts, but ok. it's pretty obvious Kelly's a trash fit with this personnel and team, not just by eye test but every metric says so as well.

A thing is never a thing. All things are in the process of becoming something else.

Oubre was in the process of becoming a good fit for this personnel and team. And next season, pending agreement between Oubre and the team, we will see that process to completion.

And why did you omit my reasoning? It's dishonest.

because it had nothing to do with Oubre being a terrible fit on this team?

this isn't about who he guards, this is about Oubre being an actively terrible motion player, he's a one-read player being thrown into a multi-read scheme, struggles with off-ball actions that don't involve him running to the basket, can't really set screens or picks, has not idea how to relocate after DHOs, etc...and again, every single metric this year season, particular +/- and on-off stuff draws this picture for you. he and Wiseman both really should not be back on this team if we're all being honest with ourselves.

i just really don't understand how anyone could watch Oubre this year on this team and say, 'yea, this guy is a great fit with this personnel and scheme, I want him back!' lol
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
vagelis
Bench Warmer
And1: 500

Post#82 » by vagelis » Sun May 2, 2021 10:06 pm

Oubre was a bad fit but props to him for playing injured.
I think that the doctors should have found the damage a long time ago. He played injured for more than 2 months
GQ Hot Dog
Head Coach
And1: 4,029

Post#83 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sun May 2, 2021 10:15 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
i mean you are disagreeing with facts, but ok. it's pretty obvious Kelly's a trash fit with this personnel and team, not just by eye test but every metric says so as well.

A thing is never a thing. All things are in the process of becoming something else.

Oubre was in the process of becoming a good fit for this personnel and team. And next season, pending agreement between Oubre and the team, we will see that process to completion.

And why did you omit my reasoning? It's dishonest.

That's the fun part of disagreeing with that character. I agree about Oubre. Once Klay is back in form, I think he could be a valuable piece coming off the bench next season.

Yeah, ideally I see Oubre coming off the bench to close out tough games in the DL. Curry, Klay, Wigs, Oubre, Dray could be really potent defensively and brutally stretch the other team's defense.
Bob Meyers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
whatisacenter
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,844

Post#84 » by whatisacenter » Sun May 2, 2021 10:40 pm

I would prefer if they traded him in a S&T for a player that fits better but I think that will be tough to do. I believe it will be hard to find players better than him to fill out the roster on the cheap so if he signs in the offseason at least they would have him under control for a future trade. I am curious to see what his market is.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 55,519

Post#85 » by clyde21 » Sun May 2, 2021 11:01 pm

whatisacenter wrote:I would prefer if they traded him in a S&T for a player that fits better but I think that will be tough to do. I believe it will be hard to find players better than him to fill out the roster on the cheap so if he signs in the offseason at least they would have him under control for a future trade. I am curious to see what his market is.

i would a S&T for Dinwiddie if that was available with the Nets, not sure if there is space on the Nets for Dinwiddie with Ky, Harden, Harris and Brown, and they'd need some defensive wing help, and he fits what they do over there a little better than what we do, and vice versa for Dinwiddie.

if that's the plan, then yea, i'd sign him with that in mind, but it would have to be the reason we'd sign him only.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE

Return to Golden State Warriors