Zach Lowe podcast on Warriors

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Re: Zach Lowe podcast on Warriors 

Post#41 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:36 pm

wco81 wrote:Chicago has hopes of contending for playoffs, the Wizards do not.

So presumably they are willing to pay Lavine and build around him.

Washington wants to re-sign Beal? OK, but why, that team is far from contention so they do not want to carry a big salary right now.

I like loyalty and all, but if there's enough lifeboats, dont go down with the ship..

Because at what point do the lines of 'loyalty' and 'ok with losing' become so blurry that they're practically the same thing? :dontknow:
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#42 » by WarriorGM » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:13 pm

FNQ wrote:
wco81 wrote:Chicago has hopes of contending for playoffs, the Wizards do not.

So presumably they are willing to pay Lavine and build around him.

Washington wants to re-sign Beal? OK, but why, that team is far from contention so they do not want to carry a big salary right now.

I like loyalty and all, but if there's enough lifeboats, dont go down with the ship..

Because at what point do the lines of 'loyalty' and 'ok with losing' become so blurry that they're practically the same thing? :dontknow:

Careful now. The situation could quickly start to apply to the Warriors.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,246

Post#43 » by wco81 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:33 am

So during this big streak Curry is having, now 11 straight games over 30 points, and ridiculous shooting percentage on 3s on high volume, I see a LOT of pick and roll action.

Could the criticisms from these podcasts have reached Kerr and he's maximizing Curry's usage and letting them pick and roll all game?

Because I'm not seeing him run the baseline as much in this streak. It's let him work a couple of dribble off the pick and pull up.

Kerr abandoning his system for now?

They really went after Embiid on the PnR, especially in the fourth quarter. Showed the league the vulnerability of Embiid on defense, not going to be able to guard elite pull up shooters who can also put in on the deck and go by him if he shows aggressively.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#44 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:57 am

I'm guessing that 80% of Warrior fans felt that Lamelo was a little bit of a sulky punk who would never play defense and had a broken shot?

STILL...for a team that treasures defense....not sure if Lamelo would be the right fit here. I don't want a guy floating around...playing Olay defense only to wait to get the out of bounds to run it back so he can do his thing... :(

ALL Wiseman has to do is get a little stronger....and he'll be very useful on the team.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#45 » by EvanZ » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:00 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:I'm guessing that 80% of Warrior fans felt that Lamelo was a little bit of a sulky punk who would never play defense and had a broken shot?

STILL...for a team that treasures defense....not sure if Lamelo would be the right fit here. I don't want a guy floating around...playing Olay defense only to wait to get the out of bounds to run it back so he can do his thing... :(

ALL Wiseman has to do is get a little stronger....and he'll be very useful on the team.

LOL you still dont get it man
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.

Return to Golden State Warriors