ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 51 : Milwaukee Bucks (32-17) @ Golden State Warriors (23-26) - 10:00 PM

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,600

Re: Game 51 : Milwaukee Bucks (32-17) @ Golden State Warriors (23-26) - 10:00 PM 

Post#321 » by parsnips33 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:35 pm

FNQ wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:
You can only say I'm "stanning" if you think what I'm saying is inaccurate or out of context.

He did hit those last two free throws and we don't win the game if he doesn't.

He did grab that offensive rebound with seconds left that allowed him to get fouled and go to the line.

He did hit consecutive 3s to match Holiday's consecutive 3s in crunchtime. Holiday was trying to put us away and Oubre, being a mean MFer, wouldn't let him do it.

Say what you will about Oubre, but he's tough and he's one of the few players on this team that's capable of rising up and making game-saving and game-winning plays in crunchtime which is not something to overlook.

I know you hate him but the man is a GAME CHANGER as I keep pointing out and he keeps proving.

CEILING RAISER

Some guys really talked themselves into a corner with KO lol. Can't even give credit after he clutched it out last night and secured the much needed W

He secured it? With those FTs? Sure I'll just forget the numerous boneheaded plays, missed assignments and TOs.. because he hit free throws.

I get it though - Oubre stans only have straws to clutch at. Its cool.. but Wiseman actually played well. Extremely well in the 1st half.

Calling him a gamechanger though.. its not a compliment. He's a disruptor for all 9 other people on the court. He played poorly most of the game, and happened to be on the court when Steph went off.. but yall keep trying, its not gonna happen though. He's a bad player who didnt play as bad as usual, and if you guys *need* that justification, go for it.. but people with + BBIQs can see how truly disruptive he is to the rest of the team

Oubre is the definition of trick or treat and I totally understand why any Warriors fan wouldn't like him given how bad he can look at times. But a bit hard to deny his impact on a game we barely won where Wiggins was completely off all game and Kelly hit 4 3s plus the clutch offensive board and free throws to take the lead.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,800

Re: Game 51 : Milwaukee Bucks (32-17) @ Golden State Warriors (23-26) - 10:00 PM 

Post#322 » by floppymoose » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:52 pm

3 stars:

1. Steph Curry

2. Kelly Oubre

3. Kelly Oubre's stylist
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#323 » by and1GS » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:53 pm

Only positive of this season is my girlfriend now at least tries not to stare at Kelly all game.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#324 » by FNQ » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:18 pm

parsnips33 wrote:
FNQ wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:
Some guys really talked themselves into a corner with KO lol. Can't even give credit after he clutched it out last night and secured the much needed W

He secured it? With those FTs? Sure I'll just forget the numerous boneheaded plays, missed assignments and TOs.. because he hit free throws.

I get it though - Oubre stans only have straws to clutch at. Its cool.. but Wiseman actually played well. Extremely well in the 1st half.

Calling him a gamechanger though.. its not a compliment. He's a disruptor for all 9 other people on the court. He played poorly most of the game, and happened to be on the court when Steph went off.. but yall keep trying, its not gonna happen though. He's a bad player who didnt play as bad as usual, and if you guys *need* that justification, go for it.. but people with + BBIQs can see how truly disruptive he is to the rest of the team

Oubre is the definition of trick or treat and I totally understand why any Warriors fan wouldn't like him given how bad he can look at times. But a bit hard to deny his impact on a game we barely won where Wiggins was completely off all game and Kelly hit 4 3s plus the clutch offensive board and free throws to take the lead.

he had one of his better games. But a lot of people did, and they did it without the boneheadedness in between.

JW had 0 TOs last night, and went for 13-10 playing his best half of basketball on the year, then went invisible (not harmful).. Oubre had an up and down (was harmful) game. I dont see Wiggins stans complaining even though he was great defensively and actually iced the game with his block (on a 3pter no less).. but thats because Wiggins is liked and there's no need to coddle Wiggins fans I guess? I dunno
and1GS
RealGM
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#325 » by and1GS » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:26 pm

WIggins was crap all game, but good on D then made a good block. A 5/10 performance.

Oubre was erratic as all hell then came through in winning time with the FTs and some nice defense. A 6/10 performance.

By numbers Kelly looks to have had a solid game, but you can't be so up and down if you're expected to be our 3rd or 4th most important player.

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#326 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:29 pm

FNQ wrote:
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Im legit drawing a blank

Give it to Wanamaker post-mortem?

Actually if I'm being honest, at tipoff Brad Wanamaker is the default 1st star simply by virtue of not being here anymore.

We should have lobbied to get him Fitz's job at the beginning of the season. Win/win.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#327 » by azwfan » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:46 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:Give it to Wanamaker post-mortem?

Actually if I'm being honest, at tipoff Brad Wanamaker is the default 1st star simply by virtue of not being here anymore.

We should have lobbied to get him Fitz's job at the beginning of the season. Win/win.

win
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#328 » by GQ Hot Dog » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:48 am

FNQ wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:
FNQ wrote:

he had one of his better games. But a lot of people did, and they did it without the boneheadedness in between.

JW had 0 TOs last night, and went for 13-10 playing his best half of basketball on the year, then went invisible (not harmful).. Oubre had an up and down (was harmful) game. I dont see Wiggins stans complaining even though he was great defensively and actually iced the game with his block (on a 3pter no less).. but thats because Wiggins is liked and there's no need to coddle Wiggins fans I guess? I dunno

I don't get your position. You say you hate the "hot takes" and "stanning" but you're the worst of them all.

I'm not an Oubre "stan". I recognize that he spends a frustrating amount of time freelancing rather than fitting into a role but I also recognize that his freelancing takes the other team by surprise and puts him in position to make plays they don't anticipate and that goes a long way to winning games. His physical talent is extremely difficult for the other team to account for and counter.

I'm also not a Wiggins "stan" but I love his defense and think he'll be so much better cast as a third option and a healthy Klay makes him a better player. I also recognize that all the years he spent as a supposed marquee offensive player hasn't done him any good and he probably will always be inconsistent and only a mediocre off ball scorer.

I'm not a Curry "stan" but I recognize that he's one of if not the most skilled shotmaker ever while also recognizing that playing solid defense still doesn't really come naturally to him and probably never will. He still makes mistakes and messes up rotations and that will probably never change. He won't ever be as good a defender as CP3 even though CP3 is not appreciably more gifted athletically than Curry. It's just not in his makeup.

See how it's possible to recognize the good AND the bad in every player? I'm not a "stan" for recognizing the good things this board's whipping boy, Kelly Oubre, does. And I don't understand why recognizing the qualities he has that contribute to wins induces you and others here to level insults at me. All I asked is that his good play and contributions be recognized and somehow that is threatening to so many of you?
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#329 » by GQ Hot Dog » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:02 am

and1GS wrote:WIggins was crap all game, but good on D then made a good block. A 5/10 performance.

Oubre was erratic as all hell then came through in winning time with the FTs and some nice defense. A 6/10 performance.

By numbers Kelly looks to have had a solid game, but you can't be so up and down if you're expected to be our 3rd or 4th most important player.

One thing I've noticed is that Oubre is miscast as a strictly perimeter defender. He's better on a bigger guy that brings him closer to the bucket and rebounds than on a smaller, quicker guy because he's not very disciplined which can really hurt his ability to stay in front of the NBA's best guards. But put him on someone that wants to be physical and he can both hold his own and grab more boards which may be his single most important contribution to our team. As much as we need his perimeter shooting, we need his rebounding more I think.

So the more Kerr plays him as a PF when Dray is off the floor or when Dray is our small ball 5 the more Oubre will flourish.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#330 » by michaelm » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:57 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
and1GS wrote:WIggins was crap all game, but good on D then made a good block. A 5/10 performance.

One thing I've noticed is that Oubre is miscast as a strictly perimeter defender. He's better on a bigger guy that brings him closer to the bucket and rebounds than on a smaller, quicker guy because he's not very disciplined which can really hurt his ability to stay in front of the NBA's best guards. But put him on someone that wants to be physical and he can both hold his own and grab more boards which may be his single most important contribution to our team. As much as we need his perimeter shooting, we need his rebounding more I think.

So the more Kerr plays him as a PF when Dray is off the floor or when Dray is our small ball 5 the more Oubre will flourish.

I think the identity of the team has always included strong defence and if they can come out of this season strong defensively and with less errors and more rebounding from Wiseman that a somewhat healthy Klay revolutionises the offense. No more box and 1s on Curry if this gives Klay an open 3. Depends how strong the multi superstar teams look how they go with acquiring veteran ring chasers I guess.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#331 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:46 am

If this was Wiggins crap all game type of performance, it isnt so bad.

He shyte the bed on offense through 3 quarters while still playing excellent defense.

In the 4th he was marvelous on both ends of the court.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#332 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:50 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:

I kinda agree.

Kerr puts oubre in those spots because there is no one else. It isnt until the 4th that Kerr switches Wiggs on whoever has the hot hand if possible. Oubre lets people blow by him way too much on the perimeter. I do think hes better off as a small ball 4 that can rebound.

This team basically has 1 perimeter defender. Myers will need to get a couple more in the off season unless Klay comes back all defense. Then a Klay, dray, and Wiggs triumvirate could be a suffocating perimeter defense to deal with. And wiseman would look even better on that end because of it.
and1GS
RealGM

Post#333 » by and1GS » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:44 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:

If this was Wiggins crap all game type of performance, it isnt so bad.

He shyte the bed on offense through 3 quarters while still playing excellent defense.

In the 4th he was marvelous on both ends of the court.
I like Wiggins quite a lot and tend to agree. This is his floor and it isn't devastatingly damaging.

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#334 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:00 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
FNQ wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:

I don't get your position. You say you hate the "hot takes" and "stanning" but you're the worst of them all.

I'm not an Oubre "stan". I recognize that he spends a frustrating amount of time freelancing rather than fitting into a role but I also recognize that his freelancing takes the other team by surprise and puts him in position to make plays they don't anticipate and that goes a long way to winning games. His physical talent is extremely difficult for the other team to account for and counter.

I'm also not a Wiggins "stan" but I love his defense and think he'll be so much better cast as a third option and a healthy Klay makes him a better player. I also recognize that all the years he spent as a supposed marquee offensive player hasn't done him any good and he probably will always be inconsistent and only a mediocre off ball scorer.

I'm not a Curry "stan" but I recognize that he's one of if not the most skilled shotmaker ever while also recognizing that playing solid defense still doesn't really come naturally to him and probably never will. He still makes mistakes and messes up rotations and that will probably never change. He won't ever be as good a defender as CP3 even though CP3 is not appreciably more gifted athletically than Curry. It's just not in his makeup.

See how it's possible to recognize the good AND the bad in every player? I'm not a "stan" for recognizing the good things this board's whipping boy, Kelly Oubre, does. And I don't understand why recognizing the qualities he has that contribute to wins induces you and others here to level insults at me. All I asked is that his good play and contributions be recognized and somehow that is threatening to so many of you?

lol see this is such a bad argument. You're equating Oubre/Curry/Wiggins because you see the negatives in all.. ok but they don't all weigh the same do they?

Oubre is a MASSIVE net negative this year. 353 of 506 in RPM. He doesn't help us win games. I mean ****, you're angry he's not getting enough credit because he hit a couple FTs to end the game after one his usual bipolar games, when many other Warriors *actually* played well during the game.

And yea, if you weren't doing shtick before - which is what I was assuming because who could actually look at Oubre's play and think he's good for us - then you are absolutely stanning for a really terrible fit. I'm not sure how it's a hot take, or stanning, when I say that Oubre's floor game is abhorrent and he didn't play well despite the boxscore.. but sure, whatever. You and the other handful of people that are so desperate for Oubre W's, go for it.. I'd love for him to actually play well here, but he hasn't. He doesnt fit. He plays stupid.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#335 » by Sleepy51 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:17 pm

FNQ wrote:
And yea, if you weren't doing shtick before - which is what I was assuming because who could actually look at Oubre's play and think he's good for us - then you are absolutely stanning for a really terrible fit. I'm not sure how it's a hot take, or stanning, when I say that Oubre's floor game is abhorrent and he didn't play well despite the boxscore.. but sure, whatever. You and the other handful of people that are so desperate for Oubre W's, go for it.. I'd love for him to actually play well here, but he hasn't. He doesnt fit. He plays stupid.

I still think like 90% that this account is Sid playing "bad guy wrestler" to keep the board lively and just to run counter to conventional wisdom.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#336 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:33 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
FNQ wrote:

I still think like 90% that this account is Sid playing "bad guy wrestler" to keep the board lively and just to run counter to conventional wisdom.

He has been gone a while.. keep expecting him to pop up on a draft thread so I know who to check out in detail

Return to Golden State Warriors