ImageImageImageImageImage

If Warriors part way with Kerr - who is your lead candidate?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: If Warriors part way with Kerr - who is your lead candidate? 

Post#61 » by Mylie10 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:19 pm

Old_Blue wrote:
FNQ wrote:Mike Malone taught us that defense actually. And unlike Jackson, Malone has been a sought after coaching candidate ever since. Mark Jackson was a bad coach, after being a bad announcer, while currently being a bad human.

I'm curious. Why do some people hate Mark Jackson so much? To call him a "bad human" is kind of harsh isn't it?

If you’ve ever read the complete chronicle of Kackson and his time here, it’s pretty damning
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#62 » by Old_Blue » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:33 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:
FNQ wrote:Mike Malone taught us that defense actually. And unlike Jackson, Malone has been a sought after coaching candidate ever since. Mark Jackson was a bad coach, after being a bad announcer, while currently being a bad human.

I'm curious. Why do some people hate Mark Jackson so much? To call him a "bad human" is kind of harsh isn't it?

If you’ve ever read the complete chronicle of Kackson and his time here, it’s pretty damning

Do you have any links?
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#63 » by Mylie10 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:43 pm

Not handy, but google it. I think one of the local reporters, possibly Kawakami did the full story
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Old_Blue
Starter

Post#64 » by Old_Blue » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:53 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Not handy, but google it. I think one of the local reporters, possibly Kawakami did the full story

https://www.mercurynews.com/2014/05/04/kawakami-mark-jacksons-future-with-warriors-not-an-easy-call/

I read this and it confirmed what I've read many times. Jackson was extremely popular among the players, not so much by management. An NBA version of Dusty Baker, perhaps. Still, doesn't make him a bad person. Personally, I think the guy deserves another chance at a head coaching job. It'll have to be the right situation though. For instance, I could see him fitting in with Minny once ARod takes over.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#65 » by Mylie10 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:02 pm

It had to do with being a preacher and being involved with Hookers.

And with the Warriors he alienated Jerry West to the point of banning him from practice. Also didn’t care for Jim Barnett to talk to the players so much.

Jackson took an us against the world type of stance. Sounds cool, but it did not ingratiate him with the front office. Also some other talk of him treating people poorly behind the scenes. Also would fly to LA every weekend and it just seemed he didn’t care for putting in the extra time and got really preachy with some of the players.

There’s more, I’m just going off of my bad memory
Khoee wrote “
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#66 » by xdrta+ » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:13 pm

He treated Ezeli poorly, as I recall. And he wasn't popular with all players, Bogut couldn't stand him.
Old_Blue
Starter

Post#67 » by Old_Blue » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:15 pm

Mylie10 wrote:It had to do with being a preacher and being involved with Hookers.

I don't want to judge the man. After all, Jesus was a preacher and he hung with Mary Magdalene. :lol:
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#68 » by FNQ » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:42 pm

Old_Blue wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:It had to do with being a preacher and being involved with Hookers.

I don't want to judge the man. After all, Jesus was a preacher and he hung with Mary Magdalene. :lol:

Preacher who cheated on his wife

Lied to the team about Ezeli rooting against team when he was injured. Ezeli reduced to tears

Started going in on Bogut bc Bogut didn’t buy into religion stuff

Barred Barnett from W’s practice

Fostered an us vs them environment between players and management

Tried to take credit as Kerr ran the team much better

He’s a bad human.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#69 » by Kuya » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:45 pm

Keep Kerr, bring back Luke Walton.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#70 » by and1GS » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:49 am

I can't believe y'all are disrespecting the caterpillar and raving about the butterfly smdh
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,125

Post#71 » by clyde21 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:13 am

Jackson was a POS and trash coach, he didn't get along with his assistant coaches, tried to turn players against Ezeli by BSing and lying about him, refused to communicate with the FO (there was reports that he didn't want West at the practices, for example)...just **** garbage by any account

the only reason players like Steph and Iggy liked him was because the religious connection, that's it (Bogut hated it btw, fwiw)...and as far as his coaching goes...well it was remedial BS most of the type, just iso nonsense with very little movement and action...very basic concepts...we added 16 wins essentially in '15 just by replacing Jackson with Kerr...we won 51 the year before DESPITE Jackson not because he had anything to do with it

there's a reason he never got a coaching gig after...i am paraphrasing Woj here but when he was asked about a team hiring Jackson as HC he said "not if they do their due diligence on him".

how is this even a discussion anyways? Mark Jackson blows.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#72 » by Warriors Analyst » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:38 pm

clyde21 wrote:Jackson was a POS and trash coach, he didn't get along with his assistant coaches, tried to turn players against Ezeli by BSing and lying about him, refused to communicate with the FO (there was reports that he didn't want West at the practices, for example)...just **** garbage by any account

the only reason players like Steph and Iggy liked him was because the religious connection, that's it (Bogut hated it btw, fwiw)...and as far as his coaching goes...well it was remedial BS most of the type, just iso nonsense with very little movement and action...very basic concepts...we added 16 wins essentially in '15 just by replacing Jackson with Kerr...we won 51 the year before DESPITE Jackson not because he had anything to do with it

there's a reason he never got a coaching gig after...i am paraphrasing Woj here but when he was asked about a team hiring Jackson as HC he said "not if they do their due diligence on him".

To underscore that point, Darren Erman was fired by the Warriors (reluctantly, I should add) because he broke California law to record conversations between Jackson and the rest of the coaching staff. Erman was hired WITHIN days of getting fired by the Celtics and has been employed in the NBA or G-League since without issues.

That's how bad Jackson was. His assistant broke the law to record conversations and the rest of the league knew that and decided they'd rather employ the assistant than give Jackson another look.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#73 » by FNQ » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:57 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
clyde21 wrote:Jackson was a POS and trash coach, he didn't get along with his assistant coaches, tried to turn players against Ezeli by BSing and lying about him, refused to communicate with the FO (there was reports that he didn't want West at the practices, for example)...just **** garbage by any account

To underscore that point, Darren Erman was fired by the Warriors (reluctantly, I should add) because he broke California law to record conversations between Jackson and the rest of the coaching staff. Erman was hired WITHIN days of getting fired by the Celtics and has been employed in the NBA or G-League since without issues.

That's how bad Jackson was. His assistant broke the law to record conversations and the rest of the league knew that and decided they'd rather employ the assistant than give Jackson another look.

I forgot about the Erman thing.. the rumor (unconfirmed) was that he was recording Jackson FOR the Lacobs, so that the Lacobs could hear how Jackson truly was with the team

Return to Golden State Warriors