ImageImageImageImageImage

The "Everything Isn't Poop" Thread

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,399

Re: The "Everything Isn't Poop" Thread 

Post#41 » by SpreeChokeJob » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:48 pm

Everything isn’t Poop, this team still has Curry, otherwise everything else is Poop City.

2 games away from 20 percent, I hope they lay a long log in center court.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#42 » by WarriorGM » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:49 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:This is a forum supposedly for conversation. If all you want to do is sing the praises of management while the team struggles to make the playoffs and risks Curry not staying on the team, I don't see how that is useful. The situation the team is currently in isn't pleasant. That unfortunately has knock-on effects. All unpleasant conversations can be avoided but that's simply abandoning all agency and hoping. Unpleasant conversations will be necessary if the ship is off course and is to be righted.

It sounds like you think that what is said on here will make a difference as to whether the ship is "righted" or not. You don't really believe that, do you? That whatever is said on here will make even the tiniest bit of difference as far as the direction of the team? IMO, no one could seriously believe that.

I phrased that specifically to take account for what you are saying. Notice I didn't specify where those unpleasant conversations will be necessary. But if we want honest conversations here that might give us insight, those conversations that we might find potentially unpleasant cannot entirely be avoided from taking place. Otherwise what you are saying is you just want this place to be full of fluff.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#43 » by clyde21 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:04 pm

Jester_ wrote:Much needed thread. A healthy Klay and we're back in the finals next year.

i hope the FO doesn't think like you and pretend all we need next year is a healthy Klay and just sit pat.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#44 » by shazam_guy » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:42 pm

WarriorsGM: As Carly Simon would have said if she were a Warriors fan, "You're so vain, you probably think this thread is about you."

I was not referring to you personally but to an entire group of people on this board -- although you do seem to qualify as part of that group -- who either hate the Warriors draft picks, despise Kerr as a coach, think management sucks, or have any number of other complaints based on their own belief that they know better than everyone else. Currently such people are dominating this board with overlapping "The Warriors are doomed!", "Wiseman sucks", "Kerr/Myers should be fired" threads.

It's sad you think I singled you out, and it's sad you feel you have the right (and the expertise) to throw crap at MY opinions (the word "drivel" comes to mind) as if yours are somehow more valid because you feel them so strongly. I've been a Warriors fan and a basketball fan a long, long time -- likely longer than you, possibly by decades. In fact, I don't actually care much about what you have to say, I'm afraid, because so many of your comments in the last months have been either questionable or just plain obsessive, IMO, but I certainly wasn't singling you out, no matter how much you may want to believe it. I was protesting the general fact that trying to say ANYTHING hopeful about the team at the moment, even while acknowledging the real problems, brings out the DubAnon crowd to shout down even the mildest positives. As this thread proves. It's tiring.

So, there you go. Have fun!
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#45 » by Old_Blue » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:20 pm

SpreeChokeJob wrote:Everything isn’t Poop, this team still has Curry, otherwise everything else is Poop City.

That would make an awesome jersey...Poop City. :lol:
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#46 » by Mylie10 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:39 pm

Can I just say, “SHAZAM!!!”
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,399

Post#47 » by SpreeChokeJob » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:07 pm

Old_Blue wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:Everything isn’t Poop, this team still has Curry, otherwise everything else is Poop City.

That would make an awesome jersey...Poop City. :lol:

Does that mean I own it since I coined it in realgm.

Poop City. Where poop happens. © ™ 4-10-21 Spreechokejob.

Don't want to get Rowell'd like that guy who made We Believe.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#48 » by michaelm » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:37 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:This is a forum supposedly for conversation. If all you want to do is sing the praises of management while the team struggles to make the playoffs and risks Curry not staying on the team, I don't see how that is useful. The situation the team is currently in isn't pleasant. That unfortunately has knock-on effects. All unpleasant conversations can be avoided but that's simply abandoning all agency and hoping. Unpleasant conversations will be necessary if the ship is off course and is to be righted.

It sounds like you think that what is said on here will make a difference as to whether the ship is "righted" or not. You don't really believe that, do you? That whatever is said on here will make even the tiniest bit of difference as far as the direction of the team? IMO, no one could seriously believe that.

I fear it does. If you are a young guy taken as a number 2 pick like Wiseman and read social media as many young folk do I can't see how people arguing on fan forums that you are a waste of space on fan forums is helpful to your development.
michaelm
RealGM

Post#49 » by michaelm » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:09 am

WarriorGM wrote:
michaelm wrote:You have strong opinions with some of which I actually agree, but just like mine they are still opinions and I don’t understand what are effectively fatwas against anyone who doesn’t entirely with you.

Fatwas against anyone who disagrees with me? Let me tell you from my perspective I've been getting lots of cryptic passive-aggressive BS comments directed my way and the main reason for it as far as I can see is my unstinting support for Stephen Curry. I think it has made some people around here uncomfortable because they know in their hearts they don't have the gumption or conviction to say what I do of Curry out loud for whatever reason whether it be they are unsure of him or just don't plain don't believe it.

Shazam_guy's comment that I initially responded to and was directed at me—even though he didn't have the guts to name me directly—and his follow-up are examples full of this kind of nonsense.

shazam_guy wrote:This is what happens when you make a thread -- just about the only one -- that suggests maybe everything in Warriors-land isn't totally terrible. Right on cue the Warriors Doom Patrol pops in to say, Yes, everything IS totally terrible! Because management -- the same people who are going to be paying Curry the highest salary in the NBA -- don't appreciate him enough.

How can everything in Warriors-land be totally terrible if you have Stephen Curry? You have Curry, it isn't totally terrible. But Shazam_guy seems to be separating the idea of Warriors-land and Curry. Instead he seems to be implying management is more Warriors-land than Curry. He also seems to be implying that just by paying his salary that is showing sufficient support. BS and more BS on top of BS.

Do I need to dissect and explain further why his comments are drivel? Or is it plain enough to the people here?

I have agreed with you on several points. I agree with you that Curry is the best player in the NBA, or at least the best player to be the cornerstone of a team which amounts to the same thing. I agree GSW haven't developed bigs well, with even a pseudo big in Green giving the major credit for his defensive chops to Bogut's tutelage, and many on here would agree Kerr doesn't use bigs well either cf the 2016 finals where that probably contributed to the loss. Lacob and Kerr could be more effusive in their praise of Curry, but whether this is important to Curry is a different question, and I consider it likely he was on board with massaging KD's ego by public praise of him more prominent than their praise of Curry. I even think you nave made a reasonable case that using the second pick to acquire Wiseman may have been ''unwise" as opposed to trading for a win now player who would fit Curry's window.

What you haven't done overly is give any alternatives. All your examples of teams which have done "better" have pretty much involved player initiated super teams a la Lebron where players who have exhausted possibilities at their existing franchise have joined teams which have torn down their team and have the cap space, trade pieces and young players on cheap contracts to accommodate an elite player and his friends, a method which subverts the equalisation measures in place in the NBA which penalise teams and not players and are designed specifically to cut back teams which have had a run of success such as GSW have had. You haven't even nominated a difference maker for whom GSW should have traded with the Wiseman pick btw.

The obvious answer for Curry himself is to follow the trend and join another team ready to rebound from a rebuild, perhaps getting Giannis to force his way out of the Bucks and join him at that team. You will have to forgive those on this forum who are mostly long term fans of GSW as well as fans of Curry for not seeing that as the most desirable course of events, although in the end I think many would allow him that choice if things look absolutely hopeless at GSW. given what he has given to the franchise.

I do want to see a plan for next year which extends beyond hoping Klay is healthy though.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#50 » by and1GS » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:00 am

Who would've thought a 'be optimistic' thread would devolve so quickly. Bravo, team!
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
michaelm
RealGM

Re: The 

Post#51 » by michaelm » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:19 am

and1GS wrote:Who would've thought a 'be optimistic' thread would devolve so quickly. Bravo, team!

They will have shooting next year, which will greatly improve their offense, no more box and 1s on Curry for a start. Even apart from Klay I hope to see Jessup off the bench. And I think they have a plan for center, either they will bring Chriss back or have a vet lined up. I look forward to seeing Wiseman with a season and a full pre-season behind him, and a year’s physical development, as well. Even If he sees himself as more Durant than Ewing being stronger will help a lot, Durant ended up not being pushed around overly after starting off skinnier than James.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#52 » by shazam_guy » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:07 am

Until Wiseman gets an actual off-season, I also don't think we have any idea of his timeline or his likely upside. That's the main reason I'm in the "Just calm down" camp. Want to see what a summer of working with the team's trainers and other players will do. But you can't teach those physical gifts, and he's shown every sign of wanting to improve, so that's good enough for me for now.
WarriorGM
General Manager

Post#53 » by WarriorGM » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:23 am

michaelm wrote:I have agreed with you on several points. I agree with you that Curry is the best player in the NBA, or at least the best player to be the cornerstone of a team which amounts to the same thing. I agree GSW haven't developed bigs well, with even a pseudo big in Green giving the major credit for his defensive chops to Bogut's tutelage, and many on here would agree Kerr doesn't use bigs well either cf the 2016 finals where that probably contributed to the loss. Lacob and Kerr could be more effusive in their praise of Curry, but whether this is important to Curry is a different question, and I consider it likely he was on board with massaging KD's ego by public praise of him more prominent than their praise of Curry. I even think you nave made a reasonable case that using the second pick to acquire Wiseman may have been ''unwise" as opposed to trading for a win now player who would fit Curry's window.

What you haven't done overly is give any alternatives. All your examples of teams which have done "better" have pretty much involved player initiated super teams a la Lebron where players who have exhausted possibilities at their existing franchise have joined teams which have torn down their team and have the cap space, trade pieces and young players on cheap contracts to accommodate an elite player and his friends, a method which subverts the equalisation measures in place in the NBA which penalise teams and not players and are designed specifically to cut back teams which have had a run of success such as GSW have had. You haven't even nominated a difference maker for whom GSW should have traded with the Wiseman pick btw.

The obvious answer for Curry himself is to follow the trend and join another team ready to rebound from a rebuild, perhaps getting Giannis to force his way out of the Bucks and join him at that team. You will have to forgive those on this forum who are mostly long term fans of GSW as well as fans of Curry for not seeing that as the most desirable course of events, although in the end I think many would allow him that choice if things look absolutely hopeless at GSW. given what he has given to the franchise.

I do want to see a plan for next year which extends beyond hoping Klay is healthy though.

There are many here who seem to be under the impression that getting high draft picks in the lottery is the quickest way to build a team back up. Clearly though as I have shown that's not the case. The quickest way to get a team back to contention is to leverage your superstar's star power to lure quality free agents to your team. That is the quickest way. Warriors management has done nothing to enhance Curry's drawing power. Indeed they've done more for Durant in this regard then they have for Curry which is insane because Curry is the guy still on your team and Durant is not. This is plain straight incompetence. Improving upon this ghastly situation should not be difficult. This is very low hanging fruit. It's a matter of optics and marketing not trade assets. But the team refuses to do so. Instead the team is undermining him further by focusing on draft picks. Why? Are they planning on trading Curry and rebuilding? That's certainly an idea that's entered the discussion among non-Warriors fans—and as I contend it is because Warriors management is screwing it in terms of optics.

This issue is reflected on this message board as well. You have long multiple page threads on draft picks on the front page but barely one on the greatest player who has ever played on the franchise despite him still performing miracles on the court. Many of the posters here seem to get offended for some reason when I say that Stephen Curry is the best player in the league. I think that should be bizarre for a Warriors forum. Is that just a peculiarity of this forum or is that because the Warriors organization has abjectly failed to set the proper tone? Whatever the case on the former, the latter is unacceptable if the team wants the best chance at winning in the future. How can the Dubs and their fans expect free agents to have confidence and to be excited joining the team when they seem so blasé about their own superstar?

I've said before I understand drafting Wiseman and taking on Oubre. At the time of the draft I would have preferred a trade for an already developed player or a trade down to someone like Haliburton or Vassell but that takes a willing partner and maybe one just wasn't available. In terms of taking on an established player Gordon made more sense to me than Oubre but again maybe he wasn't available at the time. They made moves with calculated risks that unfortunately haven't paid off as quickly as hoped. Even now I can understand keeping them. But no free agent is going to join the team because of Wiseman or Oubre, indeed they are more likely to stay away because of them. Still, I can look past these moves because the front office wasn't in full control of the situation.

What is more fully in the team's control? The way it wishes to portray itself. Is this a Wiseman team that is rebuilding or maybe one in which its future is dependent on what Oubre does? One could be forgiven for believing so given the way the team is talked about. If the team wants to improve its chances at winning it will need to change the narrative. We should be hearing nothing but Curry, Curry, Curry from the front office. Lacob, Myers, and Kerr need to go out one right after another and say outright Curry is the best player in the league—something they should have done long ago. Then repeat as necessary until is clear to everyone about their commitment. Maybe the exercise will also remind them what is of primary importance and what isn't and get them to focus their energies on what matters.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#54 » by clyde21 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:40 am

shazam_guy wrote:WarriorsGM: As Carly Simon would have said if she were a Warriors fan, "You're so vain, you probably think this thread is about you."

I was not referring to you personally but to an entire group of people on this board -- although you do seem to qualify as part of that group -- who either hate the Warriors draft picks, despise Kerr as a coach, think management sucks, or have any number of other complaints based on their own belief that they know better than everyone else. Currently such people are dominating this board with overlapping "The Warriors are doomed!", "Wiseman sucks", "Kerr/Myers should be fired" threads.

It's sad you think I singled you out, and it's sad you feel you have the right (and the expertise) to throw crap at MY opinions (the word "drivel" comes to mind) as if yours are somehow more valid because you feel them so strongly. I've been a Warriors fan and a basketball fan a long, long time -- likely longer than you, possibly by decades. In fact, I don't actually care much about what you have to say, I'm afraid, because so many of your comments in the last months have been either questionable or just plain obsessive, IMO, but I certainly wasn't singling you out, no matter how much you may want to believe it. I was protesting the general fact that trying to say ANYTHING hopeful about the team at the moment, even while acknowledging the real problems, brings out the DubAnon crowd to shout down even the mildest positives. As this thread proves. It's tiring.

So, there you go. Have fun!

michaelm
RealGM

Post#55 » by michaelm » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:46 am

Gfycat Video - Click to Play
WarriorGM wrote:
michaelm wrote:I have agreed with you on several points. I agree with you that Curry is the best player in the NBA, or at least the best player to be the cornerstone of a team which amounts to the same thing. I agree GSW haven't developed bigs well, with even a pseudo big in Green giving the major credit for his defensive chops to Bogut's tutelage, and many on here would agree Kerr doesn't use bigs well either cf the 2016 finals where that probably contributed to the loss. Lacob and Kerr could be more effusive in their praise of Curry, but whether this is important to Curry is a different question, and I consider it likely he was on board with massaging KD's ego by public praise of him more prominent than their praise of Curry. I even think you nave made a reasonable case that using the second pick to acquire Wiseman may have been ''unwise" as opposed to trading for a win now player who would fit Curry's window.

There are many here who seem to be under the impression that getting high draft picks in the lottery is the quickest way to build a team back up. Clearly though as I have shown that's not the case. The quickest way to get a team back to contention is to leverage your superstar's star power to lure quality free agents to your team. That is the quickest way. Warriors management has done nothing to enhance Curry's drawing power. Indeed they've done more for Durant in this regard then they have for Curry which is insane because Curry is the guy still on your team and Durant is not. This is plain straight incompetence. Improving upon this ghastly situation should not be difficult. This is very low hanging fruit. It's a matter of optics and marketing not trade assets. But the team refuses to do so. Instead the team is undermining him further by focusing on draft picks. Why? Are they planning on trading Curry and rebuilding? That's certainly an idea that's entered the discussion among non-Warriors fans—and as I contend it is because Warriors management is screwing it in terms of optics.

This issue is reflected on this message board as well. You have long multiple page threads on draft picks on the front page but barely one on the greatest player who has ever played on the franchise despite him still performing miracles on the court. Many of the posters here seem to get offended for some reason when I say that Stephen Curry is the best player in the league. I think that should be bizarre for a Warriors forum. Is that just a peculiarity of this forum or is that because the Warriors organization has abjectly failed to set the proper tone? Whatever the case on the former, the latter is unacceptable if the team wants the best chance at winning in the future. How can the Dubs and their fans expect free agents to have confidence to be excited joining the team when they seem so blasé about their own superstar?

I've said before I understand drafting Wiseman and taking on Oubre. At the time of the draft I would have preferred a trade for an already developed player or a trade down to someone like Haliburton or Vassell but that takes a willing partner and maybe one just wasn't available. In terms of taking on an established player Gordon made more sense to me than Oubre but again maybe he wasn't available at the time. They made moves with calculated risks that unfortunately haven't paid off as quickly as hoped. Even now I can understand keeping them. But no free agent is going to join the team because of Wiseman or Oubre, indeed they are more likely to stay away because of them. Still, I can look past these moves because the front office wasn't in full control of the situation.

What is more fully in the team's control? The way it wishes to portray itself. Is this a Wiseman team that is rebuilding or maybe one in which its future is dependent on what Oubre does? One could be forgiven for believing so given the way the team is talked about. If the team wants to improve its chances at winning it will need to change the narrative. We should be hearing nothing but Curry, Curry, Curry from the front office. Lacob, Myers, and Kerr need to go out one right after another and say outright Curry is the best player in the league—something they should have done long ago. Then repeat as necessary until is clear to everyone about their commitment. Maybe the exercise will also remind them what is of primary importance and what isn't and get them to focus their energies on what matters.

As I have said I believe they did have ring chasing vets lined up before Klay went down.

And the possibility exists matters are the opposite of what you say, they got pretty much the ultimate player who could be acquired, a top 3 superstar who said the attraction was to play with Curry, who was unhappy because GSW fans still revered Curry ahead of him and many, both GSW fans and otherwise, contended Curry was still the main man
WarriorGM
General Manager

Post#56 » by WarriorGM » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:06 am

michaelm wrote:As I have said I believe they did have ring chasing vets lined up before Klay went down.

And the possibility exists matters are the opposite of what you say, they got pretty much the ultimate player who could be acquired, a top 3 superstar who said the attraction was to play with Curry, who was unhappy because GSW fans still revered Curry ahead of him and many, both GSW fans and otherwise, contended Curry was still the main man

In my view Curry is such a force that even Klay going down shouldn't have prevented him from drawing veterans. The best player in the game is the best player in the game and in this era of player movement is a powerful magnet. That is an issue with the common narrative as I see it. It has it's upside but with Curry being commonly presented as a part of a trio with Draymond and Klay it tends to obscure if even a little bit just how much of a giant Curry is on his own. Stating directly he is the best player in the world would serve to clarify matters for those hazy on the details. The media ever since 2016 has been doing its best to diminish Curry insinuating he's been dependent on one teammate or another. The team has done nothing to challenge that. That's why you had all those dumb threads proliferating around here earlier in the season saying Curry would be exposed this year.

There is a difference between most very good free agents and a player like KD who was a superstar peer of the same generation as Curry. What the team is looking for now is someone like Iguodala. KD is a special case as the uproar over his joining and the muttering ever since indicates. I never really saw how things could turn out any other way even when he first came. What ended up happening was the most likely eventuality. KD is a player of such stature that he deserves and needs to show what he can do on a team that is unambiguously led by him or at least one without a teammate like Curry who already led a historic team to a championship on top of the other extraordinary things he did.

In any event I wasn't around here campaigning the way I am now about management needing to up its Curry game when KD was here. But it needs to do so now.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#57 » by Mylie10 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:33 pm

Why? You are on a forum.....you have no power and your campaigning here just makes you sound a certain way. And you’ve seen that and have been dealing with it in multiple threads.

Maybe go to twitters and post on the Warriors Twitter feed. Or follow some of the local beat writers and feed them your thoughts and info? Might have some actual results.

But here, you’re fighting an uphill un-winnable battle. I get your position in regards to Curry, it’s commendable. But you also don’t have any clue what’s happening or has happened in the front office behind the scenes.

Curry May very well be involved in most of the big decisions this team has made. We know that the front office is collaborative, so Curry being a part of that makes total sense to me.

And I can guarantee you the Joe Lacob, who’s a smart guy, is fully aware and understanding where Steph is on the decisions. I mean Steph made the dude several billions of dollars. Guys who make that type of coin understand how the bread is buttered.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#58 » by and1GS » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:36 pm

shazam_guy wrote:Until Wiseman gets an actual off-season, I also don't think we have any idea of his timeline or his likely upside. That's the main reason I'm in the "Just calm down" camp. Want to see what a summer of working with the team's trainers and other players will do. But you can't teach those physical gifts, and he's shown every sign of wanting to improve, so that's good enough for me for now.
I tend to agree. 39 games in a COVID shortened season where the guy missed training camp, has been injured long term twice and missed games for COVID protocol reasons in three separate spells is not enough.

Seeing as this thread went absolutely haywire, here's what I'll say. A conversation does need to be had about if we feel we have enough time to wait for Wiseman to grow. If you expected him to be an all star in year 1 idk what to tell you. It was always a 2-3 year project before he becomes a reliable starter. And if you think adding Jessup, our lotto pick and the Minny pick next year solves things you're in for a rude awakening. Young guys need time. Even the ones who contribute right away will slump.

That timeline won't line up with our stars unless we draft Doncic and Morant level rookies and Jessup is Duncan Robinson immediately. I know we all like to think we're geniuses but the draft is more lottery than sure thing. Especially if you demand results in the first 39 games.

I'm OK waiting and building something sustainable, but I hope everyone else realizes the time development takes. And if you're in the 'WE DONT HAVE TIME' crowd the only option is to trade everything right now for a Beal level player.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
WarriorGM
General Manager

Post#59 » by WarriorGM » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:05 am

Mylie10 wrote:Why? You are on a forum.....you have no power and your campaigning here just makes you sound a certain way. And you’ve seen that and have been dealing with it in multiple threads.

Maybe go to twitters and post on the Warriors Twitter feed. Or follow some of the local beat writers and feed them your thoughts and info? Might have some actual results.

But here, you’re fighting an uphill un-winnable battle. I get your position in regards to Curry, it’s commendable. But you also don’t have any clue what’s happening or has happened in the front office behind the scenes.

Curry May very well be involved in most of the big decisions this team has made. We know that the front office is collaborative, so Curry being a part of that makes total sense to me.

And I can guarantee you the Joe Lacob, who’s a smart guy, is fully aware and understanding where Steph is on the decisions. I mean Steph made the dude several billions of dollars. Guys who make that type of coin understand how the bread is buttered.

Why? Because I wish to express myself. Because I want to get excited about Curry with like-minded fans and despite the barren landscape when one first enters when it comes to things Curry the sign says this is the Warriors forum. Who knows maybe I'll wake some of you up from your complacency. Might as well ask yourselves why are any of you here? Is it to engage in groupthink? Is it just to pat everybody on the Warriors organization on the back? I thought diversity of opinion was supposed to be a good thing especially on a discussion forum.

True I don't know what's happening in the front office. Do you? Or are we both just speculating? Out of Lacob, Myers, and Kerr I have the most faith in Lacob. Good thing he's the guy at the top. His willingness to spend on Oubre was a good sign. Still there are places he can improve. Curry isn't "one of" he is "THE".
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#60 » by SAKURABA216 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:35 pm

and1GS wrote:
shazam_guy wrote:Until Wiseman gets an actual off-season, I also don't think we have any idea of his timeline or his likely upside. That's the main reason I'm in the "Just calm down" camp. Want to see what a summer of working with the team's trainers and other players will do. But you can't teach those physical gifts, and he's shown every sign of wanting to improve, so that's good enough for me for now.
I tend to agree. 39 games in a COVID shortened season where the guy missed training camp, has been injured long term twice and missed games for COVID protocol reasons in three separate spells is not enough.

Seeing as this thread went absolutely haywire, here's what I'll say. A conversation does need to be had about if we feel we have enough time to wait for Wiseman to grow. If you expected him to be an all star in year 1 idk what to tell you. It was always a 2-3 year project before he becomes a reliable starter. And if you think adding Jessup, our lotto pick and the Minny pick next year solves things you're in for a rude awakening. Young guys need time. Even the ones who contribute right away will slump.

That timeline won't line up with our stars unless we draft Doncic and Morant level rookies and Jessup is Duncan Robinson immediately. I know we all like to think we're geniuses but the draft is more lottery than sure thing. Especially if you demand results in the first 39 games.

I'm OK waiting and building something sustainable, but I hope everyone else realizes the time development takes. And if you're in the 'WE DONT HAVE TIME' crowd the only option is to trade everything right now for a Beal level player.

The problem with this statement is that there is no Beal or Beal-level player available for what we are offering. It is no secret that we were willing all season long to trade Wiseman + Minnesota pick + anyone else on the team for another star, but no team has shown any interest in divesting their most talented player for this package. Even for guys like Zach Levine, the Bulls just showed they are willing to give up picks to get another decent player to join them rather than trade their guy away to a team like us. We need one of these stars to demand to be traded to GSW and that isn't happening because we have shown to be a very inconsistent team. It would be one thing if we lost a lot of close games, but we have suffered a ton of blow-out losses this season that may scare off any star from thinking we are just one player away from contending. Maybe when Klay returns this will change, but that's the way it is right now.

Return to Golden State Warriors