ImageImageImageImageImage

Hello guys, it's been a long time

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,383

Hello guys, it's been a long time 

Post#1 » by GSWFan1994 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:27 am

I'd like to start off by saying I appreciate reading your posts, most of them, I guess.

I've been registered here for a long time (as you can see by looking left), but stopped posting many moons ago out of lazyness & lack of leisure time.

I've been a NBA fan since 1991, and a Warriors fan since 1994. It was hard getting through the Cohan years, but everybody who sticked till the end got rewarded, fortunately, as the last few years have been amazing to follow the team's trajectory.

For us old-timers, it's astounding to see how easy it has become to follow the team throughout the years. First, there were only sparse games on TV (2 or 3 a season) and a spot note on the newspapers, then came the internet, then broadband, and finally social media. Now we get basically an endless 24-hour news cycle, all year round. It can get really tiresome if you don't take your time.

I know most of you folks are down on the team, there are many threads with people basically **** on the decision-making skills of the FO.

I'd like to say I'm on the contrary: I think the team is headed in the right direction, taking into account the way KD could have left, the injuries to key players (Klay, most importantly) and age of other key rotation players.

The trade which gave us Wiggins + the Minnesota pick was a no-brainer, IMHO. Anything Wiggins give us above mediocre performance (and he surely is performing above it) is gravy; the Wolves pick is the cherry in the cake.

I also believe Wiseman is on the right path to development, all things considered; guy didn't have a summer league to play, got Covid right after the start of training camp, and is (was, until this week) 19, for God's sake. Still, 12/6 on 22mpg is a good outcome for his rookie year. I still stand in my believe that he's gonna be an All-Star level player (top 25/30) by year 4/5, barring unexpected injuries.

It's absolutely necessary for us to get 2 good rotation players with both 1st round picks in this upcoming draft.

In my view, by getting these 2 players, plus Wiseman and Jessup, we'd have a bridge generation which could help our current core, and possibly take over when they are more experienced, down the road, like the Spurs did with David Robinson passing the torch to Tim Duncan, and then he doing the same to Kawhi Leonard, with Ginobili and Parker and a few others giving support.

Sorry by my bad English, I'm not a native speaker of the language.

Best of wishes to all.

Greetings from Brazil.
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Re: Hello guys, it's been a long time 

Post#2 » by Money_ » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:36 am

Welcome back, Oscar Schmidt would be proud of your analysis.
I like your optimism... I've been a fan since 1990. We lived through the **** years!

Agree that Wiseman is a keeper. They need to just play him more and more.

Just need 2-3 key vets coming off the bench. A board banger, a 3 and D player, and a solid backup PG.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,401

Post#3 » by SpreeChokeJob » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:23 am

The two draft picks aren’t guaranteed even if they tank it. If they make the playoffs then they are down to possibly one mid level pick as the worst case scenario. That will leave the team very thin assuming Oubre doesn’t provide anything.

I’m not sure this team is going in the right direction. They went young too soon and drank their own Spurs Kool Aid. This team only existed because of Curry, Klay, and DPOY Dray.

The future doesn’t look encouraging in terms of winning a championship unless they win those two draft picks. If the fans reset their expectations and are okay with first and second round exits then things are fine.

But the issue is it’s been two years. If you look at the Nets or Clippers, they were moving upwards and this team is only going flat or downwards. There is really a problem and it needs to be addressed because if they don’t change the philosophy, this team could sink once the stars fade away. Next year is essentially a do or die year for the team. I’ve said it was critical in years before, now they are on life support. They need luck to nail both draft picks to have options for a future.
Stern
Junior
And1: 149

Post#4 » by Stern » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:49 pm

I actually want the Warriors to get to the playoffs so the young players and Wiggins will learn what they're really playing for(A championship). Want a "We Believe 2.0" and go all in and win the first round. Learn a winning culture. Their current direction is fine to me. If Ron Adams retires, they should get a new set of assistant coaches too.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#5 » by shazam_guy » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:31 pm

Welcome back!

Return to Golden State Warriors