ImageImageImageImageImage

Other than loyalty, what is there to keep Steph with the Warriors?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,691

Re: Other than loyalty, what is there to keep Steph with the Warriors? 

Post#41 » by WarriorGM » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:11 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:
Legacy doesn't drive Steph. Championships and the lofting of trophies drive Steph. Legacy is not something he's in control of, he's only in control of his own play. Steph's smart enough to know there's no point caring about the things he can't control. He can control what he does on the court, he can't control what people say about it after the fact.

Championships, excellence, and staying with one team are all bound up in legacy.

Others will be responsible for shaping his so-called legacy. It's always been that way and always will be.

Steph should keep his focus on the court and led Bob Myers handle the rest.

Strictly speaking a legacy is a gift. The idea and emphasis put on other people shaping and being responsible for a legacy therefore strikes me as off. Although the recipients of the gift will bear responsibility for it once given, the one giving the gift is the one primarily responsible for the nature of it.

I'm not comfortable with your last statement given the context. Steph has agency. If he has confidence in Myers then sure what you say makes sense. But if he doesn't, sitting back and accepting whatever comes his way would be a failure to act on his part for which he will need to take responsibility eventually.
SamuraiAttack
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#42 » by SamuraiAttack » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:22 am

I don't know man its tough. If Steph can not run from the grind, get one more title, then it will be the sweetest one of them all. On the other hand, he could stay and the FO could fail to put pieces around him and have a Dirk like end to his career. Of course, Curry has much more at stake than Dirk did, with all due respect. Curry could be a top 8-10 player of all time. Could be best point guard of all time. He definitely doesn't want to run from the grind of staying. We'll see what happens. I bet he stays but I would get it if he doesn't
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#43 » by shazam_guy » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:56 am

In all honesty, I don't think Curry needs any of you (or me, for that matter) to do his worrying for him.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#44 » by Old_Blue » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:44 am

Curry is up to 49.1/43.1/92.2 on the season.

WTF (What the fact)...Twelve times in NBA history has a player had a 50/40/90 season...Only three times has that player also carried home the MVP award.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50%E2%80%9340%E2%80%9390_club
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#45 » by EvanZ » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:26 pm

The irony if he teamed up with LaMelo.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.

Return to Golden State Warriors