ImageImageImageImageImage

What players should the Warriors go after next season

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

BayWarrior
Rookie
Posts: 1,122
And1: 577
Joined: Sep 19, 2007
Location: Redwood City, CA
   

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#241 » by BayWarrior » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:47 am

I know this isn't a big move in free agency but Gorgui Dieng would be a cheap solid option to complete the Center Rotation. He is a solid defender and can step out to the 3pt. line. Wiseman, Looney and Dieng could solidify the position. I also think Dieng would thrive defensively with Draymond.
Scoots1994
Veteran
Posts: 2,942
And1: 424
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#242 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:24 am

cdubbz wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
marthafokker wrote:
That doesn't make sense. How is leaving LA restrict him from playing with his son in 2024? Like you said... Somewhere... Wherever his son is drafted.

Besides, he will be run into the ground and body might not last until 2024 requiring him to be option 1 or 2 in LAL.

Just saying... If he came to Dubbs. He gets all the one on one with Curry getting all the attention on D. Klay is ready to snip if Bron needs help. Those two are major upgrades in scoring help. His body will get the rest, and will probably last a few extra seasons.

But if he stays in LAL, I will be happy to see a fringe playoff team. One less contender to worry about for next few seasons while Curry still has his wheels.


LeBron doesn't want to leave LA, he wants to OWN LA. And Kobe showed that even a rookie can decide where he wants to play..


I don’t think that’s Lebrons thinking or goal IMO.

Only way you can truly ‘own’ LA is so what Shaq & Kobe and then solo Kobe did. Multiple championships and back to backs.

I do agree Lebron won’t leave LA. Weathers too good. Can’t see him wanting to leave his family either — can’t see bronny transferring to another HS junior or senior year.


He literally wants to own the LA Lakers
cdubbz
RealGM
Posts: 11,601
And1: 1,959
Joined: May 05, 2005
Location: Oakland
 

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#243 » by cdubbz » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:58 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
LeBron doesn't want to leave LA, he wants to OWN LA. And Kobe showed that even a rookie can decide where he wants to play..


I don’t think that’s Lebrons thinking or goal IMO.

Only way you can truly ‘own’ LA is so what Shaq & Kobe and then solo Kobe did. Multiple championships and back to backs.

I do agree Lebron won’t leave LA. Weathers too good. Can’t see him wanting to leave his family either — can’t see bronny transferring to another HS junior or senior year.


He literally wants to own the LA Lakers


lol well one poster said own LA and one says own the Lakers. can't see either one happening unless Jeanie Buss really loves Lebron
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
User avatar
GSWFan1994
Senior
Posts: 654
And1: 688
Joined: Oct 31, 2006
 

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#244 » by GSWFan1994 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:37 pm

Josh Hart Interested In Fresh Start Ahead Of Restricted Free Agency

Josh Hart will be a restricted free agent this offseason and sources tell the Cleveland Plain Dealer that he would like a "fresh start" after two seasons with the New Orleans Pelicans.

Hart averaged 9.2 points, 8.0 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 28.7 minutes per game last season with the Pelicans.

The Pelicans acquired Hart as part of the 2019 Anthony Davis trade.

The Cleveland Cavaliers could have interest in Hart, who is close friends with Larry Nance Jr.


Image

Can we S&T Oubre for a TPE and then use it (part of it) to sign Hart? Is it possible?
WarriorGM
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,981
And1: 1,917
Joined: Aug 19, 2017

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#245 » by WarriorGM » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:42 pm

Oubre for DeRozan yes. Wiggins no.
xdrta+
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,204
And1: 3,623
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#246 » by xdrta+ » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:44 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:
Josh Hart Interested In Fresh Start Ahead Of Restricted Free Agency

Josh Hart will be a restricted free agent this offseason and sources tell the Cleveland Plain Dealer that he would like a "fresh start" after two seasons with the New Orleans Pelicans.

Hart averaged 9.2 points, 8.0 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 28.7 minutes per game last season with the Pelicans.

The Pelicans acquired Hart as part of the 2019 Anthony Davis trade.

The Cleveland Cavaliers could have interest in Hart, who is close friends with Larry Nance Jr.


Image

Can we S&T Oubre for a TPE and then use it (part of it) to sign Hart? Is it possible?


If you can find a team with enough cap space to absorb Oubre's salary, who will then trade a draft pick for him, then sure, it's possible.
Scoots1994
Veteran
Posts: 2,942
And1: 424
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#247 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:00 am

xdrta+ wrote:
GSWFan1994 wrote:
Josh Hart Interested In Fresh Start Ahead Of Restricted Free Agency

Josh Hart will be a restricted free agent this offseason and sources tell the Cleveland Plain Dealer that he would like a "fresh start" after two seasons with the New Orleans Pelicans.

Hart averaged 9.2 points, 8.0 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 28.7 minutes per game last season with the Pelicans.

The Pelicans acquired Hart as part of the 2019 Anthony Davis trade.

The Cleveland Cavaliers could have interest in Hart, who is close friends with Larry Nance Jr.


Image

Can we S&T Oubre for a TPE and then use it (part of it) to sign Hart? Is it possible?


If you can find a team with enough cap space to absorb Oubre's salary, who will then trade a draft pick for him, then sure, it's possible.


Some messages are slow to spread :)

If you can find that team you should try to trade them a bridge too.

Return to Golden State Warriors