ImageImageImageImageImage

What players should the Warriors go after next season

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

superunknown
Junior
Posts: 467
And1: 111
Joined: Sep 25, 2018
       

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#201 » by superunknown » Thu Jun 3, 2021 12:33 pm

we need a starting C (so the wiseman can grow playing his minutes mostly with the second unit, either if the plan is to keep him either if it's not) and a backup PG.
those 2 are the priorities IMO.
then we need another wing player who can give us quality minutes from the bench.
ideally 3 veterans or at least not rookies/sophomores, but realistically at least 1 of those if not 2 will be rookies.
gasol, ibaka, batum, rose, lowry, holmes, graham and similar.
Scoots1994
Veteran
Posts: 2,991
And1: 432
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#202 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 4:10 pm

superunknown wrote:we need a starting C (so the wiseman can grow playing his minutes mostly with the second unit, either if the plan is to keep him either if it's not) and a backup PG.
those 2 are the priorities IMO.
then we need another wing player who can give us quality minutes from the bench.
ideally 3 veterans or at least not rookies/sophomores, but realistically at least 1 of those if not 2 will be rookies.
gasol, ibaka, batum, rose, lowry, holmes, graham and similar.


Vet C who is a decent shooter/defender/rebounder
Vet wing who is a decent shooter/defender
vet PG who can run the team when Curry/Green are off the floor

All 3 players will likely be under 25 minutes a game.

Unfortunately every team in the NBA wants the same players :)

Olynyk for the C
TJ McConnell for the PG

The third one is a longer list of choices that would work. I've wanted Thad Young for years and he keeps going one place after another for cheap and keeps producing decent overall results. Portis, and Dwight Powell would work on the Warriors too and I know someone talked about S&T of Oubre for Powell and Finney-Smith from the Mavs that fill those roles some too.

How to get them is the big issue.
User avatar
and1GS
RealGM
Posts: 23,556
And1: 1,709
Joined: Nov 12, 2008
Location: home of 3x champs + supporter of all-time weakest moves
   

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#203 » by and1GS » Thu Jun 3, 2021 4:34 pm

I think McConnell will get a deal upwards of $10m this offseason. I'd be surprised if he or Olynk were willing to take the minimum (all we'd have to offer after the tax payer MLE).
Topher wrote:Do I seem mad? I’m about to make love to my wife so I deff ain’t mad.

Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY
User avatar
cpower
RealGM
Posts: 13,955
And1: 5,319
Joined: Mar 03, 2011
   

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#204 » by cpower » Thu Jun 3, 2021 4:36 pm

Kawhi
Lebron
PG
Lowry
in this order
SAKURABA216
Starter
Posts: 2,201
And1: 787
Joined: Aug 02, 2006
   

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#205 » by SAKURABA216 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:54 pm

cpower wrote:
lars_rosenberg wrote:DeRozan is not what we need. If he signs for the MLE then fine, he can be our sixth man, otherwise I'm happy with Poole as the spark off the bench and with Wiggins, much better fit in this team, as the starting 3.
If a star player is available for trading we should absolutely pursue him, but DeRozan is not that kind of player.
I want players like Paul George, Kyle Lowry, Pascal Siakam, Malcolm Brogdon, Domantas Sabonis, Bradley Beal etc.

Derozan is not far off from Siakam and Beal..actually

i would rank them as PG, Lowry, Sabonis, Beal/Brogdon/Siakam/Derozan. Beal and Siakam is ballhog and wont work too well in our system.



I'm not saying you're wrong, but Beal played next to Westbrook who insists on having the ball in his hands so he can score and get assists to rack up his triple doubles. I think he should fit in well here with Curry playing off-ball and Dray playing qb more out of necessity than anything else. I could be wrong though because I haven't watched a single Wizards game this year lol.
User avatar
cpower
RealGM
Posts: 13,955
And1: 5,319
Joined: Mar 03, 2011
   

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#206 » by cpower » Thu Jun 3, 2021 8:24 pm

SAKURABA216 wrote:
cpower wrote:
lars_rosenberg wrote:DeRozan is not what we need. If he signs for the MLE then fine, he can be our sixth man, otherwise I'm happy with Poole as the spark off the bench and with Wiggins, much better fit in this team, as the starting 3.
If a star player is available for trading we should absolutely pursue him, but DeRozan is not that kind of player.
I want players like Paul George, Kyle Lowry, Pascal Siakam, Malcolm Brogdon, Domantas Sabonis, Bradley Beal etc.

Derozan is not far off from Siakam and Beal..actually

i would rank them as PG, Lowry, Sabonis, Beal/Brogdon/Siakam/Derozan. Beal and Siakam is ballhog and wont work too well in our system.



I'm not saying you're wrong, but Beal played next to Westbrook who insists on having the ball in his hands so he can score and get assists to rack up his triple doubles. I think he should fit in well here with Curry playing off-ball and Dray playing qb more out of necessity than anything else. I could be wrong though because I haven't watched a single Wizards game this year lol.

again we should focus on three key things we need to improve:
rebounding, playmaking and shooting

does Beal help to improve any of that? No..so i will say pass.
User avatar
and1GS
RealGM
Posts: 23,556
And1: 1,709
Joined: Nov 12, 2008
Location: home of 3x champs + supporter of all-time weakest moves
   

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#207 » by and1GS » Thu Jun 3, 2021 9:26 pm

Can we keep this thread to realistic suggestions? We have a trade thread for the pipe dream superstar deals. I'm more curious how we'll fill out rotation spots 6-8. I really don't see any way we get valuable depth after using the MLE. Curous how we'll avoid another year of Bazemore/Mulder/Lee playing big minutes.

The only option might be hope Oubre swings and misses in FA, then re-sign on a 1+1 as a backup 3/4.
Topher wrote:Do I seem mad? I’m about to make love to my wife so I deff ain’t mad.

Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY
Scoots1994
Veteran
Posts: 2,991
And1: 432
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#208 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 9:43 pm

cpower wrote:
SAKURABA216 wrote:
cpower wrote:Derozan is not far off from Siakam and Beal..actually

i would rank them as PG, Lowry, Sabonis, Beal/Brogdon/Siakam/Derozan. Beal and Siakam is ballhog and wont work too well in our system.



I'm not saying you're wrong, but Beal played next to Westbrook who insists on having the ball in his hands so he can score and get assists to rack up his triple doubles. I think he should fit in well here with Curry playing off-ball and Dray playing qb more out of necessity than anything else. I could be wrong though because I haven't watched a single Wizards game this year lol.

again we should focus on three key things we need to improve:
rebounding, playmaking and shooting

does Beal help to improve any of that? No..so i will say pass.


Not saying the Warriors have a hope in hell of getting Beal, but you just said Beal doesn't help with shooting or playmaking ... ??
User avatar
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
Posts: 34,211
And1: 1,376
Joined: Jun 28, 2005

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#209 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:26 am

Maybe all Draymond's sucking up to Lebron will cash in with a Lebron for Wiggins trade?
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
User avatar
cpower
RealGM
Posts: 13,955
And1: 5,319
Joined: Mar 03, 2011
   

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#210 » by cpower » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:55 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
cpower wrote:
SAKURABA216 wrote:

I'm not saying you're wrong, but Beal played next to Westbrook who insists on having the ball in his hands so he can score and get assists to rack up his triple doubles. I think he should fit in well here with Curry playing off-ball and Dray playing qb more out of necessity than anything else. I could be wrong though because I haven't watched a single Wizards game this year lol.

again we should focus on three key things we need to improve:
rebounding, playmaking and shooting

does Beal help to improve any of that? No..so i will say pass.


Not saying the Warriors have a hope in hell of getting Beal, but you just said Beal doesn't help with shooting or playmaking ... ??

have you watched any Beal's game? he takes a lot of long 2s and he iso all the time. He would be bad for the ball movement we are doing here. Also beal is a bad defender
User avatar
marthafokker
Head Coach
Posts: 6,929
And1: 456
Joined: Jul 13, 2004

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#211 » by marthafokker » Fri Jun 4, 2021 4:00 am

Maybe LeBron done with his team again. He wants to play for Curry during All-Star game.

Come on over.... Wiggins + Dubb first for Bron?
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
ChuckDurn
Analyst
Posts: 3,286
And1: 527
Joined: May 13, 2011

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#212 » by ChuckDurn » Fri Jun 4, 2021 4:09 am

and1GS wrote:Can we keep this thread to realistic suggestions? We have a trade thread for the pipe dream superstar deals. I'm more curious how we'll fill out rotation spots 6-8. I really don't see any way we get valuable depth after using the MLE. Curous how we'll avoid another year of Bazemore/Mulder/Lee playing big minutes.

The only option might be hope Oubre swings and misses in FA, then re-sign on a 1+1 as a backup 3/4.

Looking at what’s available to the Warriors this year:
1) TP MLE - about $5.9M
2) Minimum contracts
3) Oubre sign-and-trade => seems pretty unlikely to happen, based on limited teams expected to have interest, and salary constraints
4) Draft picks - not the subject of this topic
5) Trade - and virtually the only players we can trade are minimum contract guys (who cares), Wiseman, and Wiggins. So inevitably, we’re going to be talking about trading for superstar / max contract guys.

I’ve seen a bunch of decent suggestions on #1, nobody’s terribly excited about #2, so almost the only thing remaining to talk about is the...... superstar deal ideas.

(Not that I think it’s going to happen, but it’s easy to see why we end up there, with so few other options to discuss.)
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
User avatar
lars_rosenberg
Analyst
Posts: 3,275
And1: 2,868
Joined: Aug 15, 2014
 

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#213 » by lars_rosenberg » Fri Jun 4, 2021 4:40 am

To be honest a team with Curry and LeBaron would be exciting on the court.
Steph is literally the best fit next to LeBron, I can't think of a better partner di for him as he's the best floor spacer in the history of the game and also one of the best players in general. The team would be a contender even if without Klay being 100%.
I dislike LeBron as a person, but it could be fun to have him as a guest for a year or two. Klutch would also get a lot of role in players on the cheap.

With KD on a super team in the east, it only makes sense for LeBron to join Curry. It's probably his only chance at another title.
User avatar
DevinVassell
Junior
Posts: 428
And1: 237
Joined: Sep 28, 2020
 

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#214 » by DevinVassell » Fri Jun 4, 2021 4:48 am

lol eff that, if LeBron comes here, I am done as a Dubs fan.
User avatar
lars_rosenberg
Analyst
Posts: 3,275
And1: 2,868
Joined: Aug 15, 2014
 

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#215 » by lars_rosenberg » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:03 am

DevinVassell wrote:lol eff that, if LeBron comes here, I am done as a Dubs fan.
You're not a Warriors fan then.
User avatar
cpower
RealGM
Posts: 13,955
And1: 5,319
Joined: Mar 03, 2011
   

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#216 » by cpower » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:22 am

i would not mind having LeFlop here. at least refs will give us some sweets
User avatar
marthafokker
Head Coach
Posts: 6,929
And1: 456
Joined: Jul 13, 2004

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#217 » by marthafokker » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:30 am

LeBron is the best wing Dubbs can find right now. And the ability to run the offense when Curry and Dray on the bench, he fixes so many things.

I love some 8 on 5 basketball too. Need refs help from NBA.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
User avatar
DevinVassell
Junior
Posts: 428
And1: 237
Joined: Sep 28, 2020
 

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#218 » by DevinVassell » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:48 am

lars_rosenberg wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:lol eff that, if LeBron comes here, I am done as a Dubs fan.
You're not a Warriors fan then.


Image

Yeah, your right.
Kuya
Analyst
Posts: 3,742
And1: 741
Joined: Jun 18, 2013
         

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#219 » by Kuya » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:55 am

Mike Conley and Marc Gasol
Image
killmongrel
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,943
And1: 881
Joined: Sep 18, 2018
 

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#220 » by killmongrel » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:04 am

I would have to seek therapy if LBJ goes to the Warriors but I would still root for them.

Return to Golden State Warriors