ImageImageImageImageImage

Hey Draymond....do we still not need him?

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 2,463

Hey Draymond....do we still not need him? 

Post#1 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Jun 2, 2021 11:55 pm

:banghead:

And yes...Durant is such a punk....his passive aggressive style is very much like LeBron's. Strategy: "How can I make myself look better while taking a thinly veiled shot at my previous team that said "they don't need me".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/kevin-durant-says-the-warriors-were-never-a-winning-organization-before-he-signed-with-them-when-i-was-in-the-league-nobody-liked-golden-state/ar-AAKDha2?ocid=msedgntp
Looking forward to 2073....bye bye pouting moody Durant...hello again the 73 win style of hoops!
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Re: Hey Draymond....do we still not need him? 

Post#2 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Jun 2, 2021 11:58 pm

Oh...and Durant on the Nets with Irving and Harden. So here are THREE players that have a chip on their shoulders:
Irving...who hated being second guy on LeBron's Cavs....
Harden...who couldn't get over the Warriors and failed to come through in the clutch over and over again...

....So Durant collects these guys to prove to the Warriors (and the League) that he didn't need the Warriors....

God...he must be loving it right now....
Looking forward to 2073....bye bye pouting moody Durant...hello again the 73 win style of hoops!
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 2,201

Post#3 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Jun 3, 2021 12:02 am

this is the entire quote:

“They’ve never been a winning organization when I was in the league. Nobody liked Golden State. It still felt like an underdog. Because I’m looking at the totality of the franchise… not the last five years. Never been a perennial winner from the 50s. So I’m like, damn, this is an underdog franchise. This feels good, this feels where I’m supposed to be.”

there's really nothing wrong with it
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#4 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Jun 3, 2021 12:15 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:this is the entire quote:

“They’ve never been a winning organization when I was in the league. Nobody liked Golden State. It still felt like an underdog. Because I’m looking at the totality of the franchise… not the last five years. Never been a perennial winner from the 50s. So I’m like, damn, this is an underdog franchise. This feels good, this feels where I’m supposed to be.”

Really? Isn't that like saying "marrying the model was not for her looks cause...you know...she wasn't a model 5 years prior to that"?

Eh....he's just working extra hard to change the narrative from "I lost and joined a dynasty on the rise that I couldn't beat" to something else.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 1,709
Location: home of 3x champs + supporter of all-time weakest moves

Post#5 » by and1GS » Thu Jun 3, 2021 12:24 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:this is the entire quote:

I agree with him. We've been a joke for most of our pre-Lacob years. We won a title (which was a surprise at the time) and had a nice climb to that point, but we have mostly sucked my entire life.

I also think the 'KD couldn't beat the warriors so he joined them' narrative is tired. OKC was our biggest threat with him there. Them or a healthy Cavs team. If he stayed they would have continued to be in contention, but it was clear he was sick of playing with Russ. They lost that series because Russ tried to go hero ball instead of feeding KD, who was roasting us.
Topher wrote:Do I seem mad? I’m about to make love to my wife so I deff ain’t mad.

Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY
Currygoat
Freshman
And1: 50

Post#6 » by Currygoat » Thu Jun 3, 2021 12:30 am

I don’t think what he said was wrong. Before curry we where the laughing stock of the entire nba for decades.
GSWFan1994
Senior
And1: 788

Post#7 » by GSWFan1994 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 4:47 am

Durant is all about setting up the narrative so he can look good. Let it be.
shazam_guy
Assistant Coach
And1: 598

Post#8 » by shazam_guy » Fri Jun 4, 2021 9:19 pm

Got do disagree with And1 this time. The Warriors, even if they had not won a title, were clearly a team on the rise with several young superstars. Durant's claim is like saying that anyone who joins the Suns after this season (assuming Phoenix re-signs CP3) trying to claim they were joining an underdog -- IF Phoenix wins this year's chip.

I agree with GSWfan1994 that Durant is just being Durant, though, so I'll leave it there.

Return to Golden State Warriors