ImageImageImageImageImage

The Front Office (specifically) failed Curry by prioritizing development

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Did the Warriors front office fail Curry this year?

Yes
16
38%
No
26
62%
 
Total votes: 42

xdrta+
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,236
And1: 3,645
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: The Front Office (specifically) failed Curry by prioritizing development 

Post#101 » by xdrta+ » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:07 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:
Not really necessary to mention where first allegiances lie, but that it has come up is further indication that it is time for Curry to move on.


Curry should leave the Warriors because Warriors fans are fans of the Warriors. Riiight.


I have asked a number of the Warriors fans here point blank if they believe Stephen Curry is the greatest player in the league. I have been shocked at how evasive they have been with an affirmative answer just as I have been shocked at how Kerr continuously avoids to unambiguously say it. Instead I have heard Kerr praising LeBron or KD in such a way that one could infer means he considers them better players. I have now seen fans here saying this was a lost season the moment Klay got injured. I have now seen a season where developing Wiseman was given priority over taking advantage of a late prime Curry season. I am losing confidence swiftly in both the team's and the Warriors fanbase's (as represented by those here) support of Curry.

The logical move then would be for Curry to move on. He should be on a team that believes he can win and is unstinting in its support of that objective. If the Warriors team and its fans don't fit that description then why should he stay?


So if some fans don't believe Curry is the greatest player in the league, he should force his way out and go where every fan will say this. What an odd argument.
User avatar
Onus
General Manager
Posts: 9,882
And1: 1,859
Joined: May 12, 2008
Location: NOA

Re: The Front Office (specifically) failed Curry by prioritizing development 

Post#102 » by Onus » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:14 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
Curry should leave the Warriors because Warriors fans are fans of the Warriors. Riiight.


I have asked a number of the Warriors fans here point blank if they believe Stephen Curry is the greatest player in the league. I have been shocked at how evasive they have been with an affirmative answer just as I have been shocked at how Kerr continuously avoids to unambiguously say it. Instead I have heard Kerr praising LeBron or KD in such a way that one could infer means he considers them better players. I have now seen fans here saying this was a lost season the moment Klay got injured. I have now seen a season where developing Wiseman was given priority over taking advantage of a late prime Curry season. I am losing confidence swiftly in both the team's and the Warriors fanbase's (as represented by those here) support of Curry.

The logical move then would be for Curry to move on. He should be on a team that believes he can win and is unstinting in its support of that objective. If the Warriors team and its fans don't fit that description then why should he stay?


So if some fans don't believe Curry is the greatest player in the league, he should force his way out and go where every fan will say this. What an odd argument.

I take it as the FO should really believe in Curry and should be trying to win with Curry rather than giving priority to developing Wiseman. The fact that Denver is like hey we can win with Jokic even though their entire starting backcourt is out, while we decided hey Klay is out, "Development season" is absolutely absurd. They didn't say, hey with Murray out we should really see what we have with Bol Bol and MPJ and run offense through them to see what they can do.

They think they're light years by thinking we're playing for next season, we can throw this season away because we'll play for next season is such a lottery team mentality. Especially when you have a top 15 player of all time.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
User avatar
Impuniti
Head Coach
Posts: 6,276
And1: 4,761
Joined: Jan 18, 2016

Re: The Front Office (specifically) failed Curry by prioritizing development 

Post#103 » by Impuniti » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:17 pm

Thinking of playing for next season for this year was a pathetic mentality, for losers. I agree with the Nuggets comparison. 2nd best player went out, and they continued to only go for wins instead of this development phase. The Warriors until Steph and Klay fall off, should have a lion's den with the young guns. You get to play some minutes, and you will play more purely dependent on performances. And you should figure out how to play in this offense to not take away from the stars. I still think the tank topic on here is probably the most embarrassing topic we've had in the last 7 years or so.

Poole looked like trash last season and looked so much better this year. Maybe Wiseman has a similar amazing trajectory.
User avatar
whatisacenter
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,043
And1: 5,153
Joined: Aug 05, 2013
 

Re: The Front Office (specifically) failed Curry by prioritizing development 

Post#104 » by whatisacenter » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:59 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:
Yes. His generational excellence is what draws me. If there is going to be a choice between Curry and Wiseman, Curry all the way. But I guess there are those who believe the organization's future as represented by Wiseman has more value. Dream on!


I think the team was pretty up front that they were willing to put up with the struggles at the beginning of the year for the payoff of finishing the year strong to make the playoffs. They were fitting in 3 new starters into the system and the growing pains proved to be too much for Oubre and Wiseman with Wiggins eventually finding his groove as the season went on. I actually think Wiseman was starting for figure it out before his second injury and I hope he is able to put in some work this offseason while he is rehabbing to make a more positive impact next season.

I am a Warriors fan first and foremost and not really that into individual awards so I was fine with the game plan.


Not really necessary to mention where first allegiances lie, but that it has come up is further indication that it is time for Curry to move on.


you had already mentioned where your first allegiance lies so I was responding.

some of you fans act like there is no salary cap and that there was some magical way to improve the roster once Klay went down. The team had one bullet in their chamber in the TPE and they used it and paid a hefty tax penalty to do so. They tried to round out the roster with vets in Wannamaker and Bazemore with the small amount of $$$ they had and Brad flat out sucked and Kent was so so. Chriss getting injured was a big blow as well.

Lastly, I am a huge fan of Curry and he is ONE of the best players in the league but potential free agents chose to sign elsewhere when Klay got injured. There is no way to sugar coat that fact. They did not think this roster could compete and went to another team. So when the Warriors finally had to play small down the stretch in the regular season it worked for a while but they ultimately burned out with Curry and Draymond, their two best players, turning the ball over 25 times in the last two games with a chance to lock in the 8th seed.
WarriorGM
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,995
And1: 1,931
Joined: Aug 19, 2017

Re: The Front Office (specifically) failed Curry by prioritizing development 

Post#105 » by WarriorGM » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:56 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
I think the team was pretty up front that they were willing to put up with the struggles at the beginning of the year for the payoff of finishing the year strong to make the playoffs. They were fitting in 3 new starters into the system and the growing pains proved to be too much for Oubre and Wiseman with Wiggins eventually finding his groove as the season went on. I actually think Wiseman was starting for figure it out before his second injury and I hope he is able to put in some work this offseason while he is rehabbing to make a more positive impact next season.

I am a Warriors fan first and foremost and not really that into individual awards so I was fine with the game plan.


Not really necessary to mention where first allegiances lie, but that it has come up is further indication that it is time for Curry to move on.


you had already mentioned where your first allegiance lies so I was responding.

some of you fans act like there is no salary cap and that there was some magical way to improve the roster once Klay went down. The team had one bullet in their chamber in the TPE and they used it and paid a hefty tax penalty to do so. They tried to round out the roster with vets in Wannamaker and Bazemore with the small amount of $$$ they had and Brad flat out sucked and Kent was so so. Chriss getting injured was a big blow as well.

Lastly, I am a huge fan of Curry and he is ONE of the best players in the league but potential free agents chose to sign elsewhere when Klay got injured. There is no way to sugar coat that fact. They did not think this roster could compete and went to another team. So when the Warriors finally had to play small down the stretch in the regular season it worked for a while but they ultimately burned out with Curry and Draymond, their two best players, turning the ball over 25 times in the last two games with a chance to lock in the 8th seed.


"One of the best" doesn't cut it. He is the best. The rest of the league should be flocking to join him. That they aren't and that someone such as yourself still underestimates him with this "one of the best" crap shows the colossal failure of the Warriors organization.
User avatar
and1GS
RealGM
Posts: 23,556
And1: 1,709
Joined: Nov 12, 2008
Location: home of 3x champs + supporter of all-time weakest moves
   

Re: The Front Office (specifically) failed Curry by prioritizing development 

Post#106 » by and1GS » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:04 pm

Are they flocking to join him though? lol come on man...
Topher wrote:Do I seem mad? I’m about to make love to my wife so I deff ain’t mad.

Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 54,873
And1: 15,589
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: The Front Office (specifically) failed Curry by prioritizing development 

Post#107 » by FNQ » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:18 pm

If Curry leaves it will be because fans dont think about him enough while they shower and that makes me angry
User avatar
Impuniti
Head Coach
Posts: 6,276
And1: 4,761
Joined: Jan 18, 2016

Re: The Front Office (specifically) failed Curry by prioritizing development 

Post#108 » by Impuniti » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:42 pm

FNQ wrote:If Curry leaves it will be because fans dont think about him enough while they shower and that makes me angry

I'm on it chief.

Image
WarriorGM
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,995
And1: 1,931
Joined: Aug 19, 2017

Re: The Front Office (specifically) failed Curry by prioritizing development 

Post#109 » by WarriorGM » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:57 pm

FNQ wrote:If Curry leaves it will be because fans dont think about him enough while they shower and that makes me angry

No it's because the "fans" are underrating him and he shouldn't have to put up with it.
xdrta+
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,236
And1: 3,645
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: The Front Office (specifically) failed Curry by prioritizing development 

Post#110 » by xdrta+ » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:02 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
FNQ wrote:If Curry leaves it will be because fans dont think about him enough while they shower and that makes me angry

No it's because the "fans" are underrating him and he shouldn't have to put up with it.


Right, because Curry will make life-changing, career decisions based on how fans rate him on message boards. That makes sense.
WarriorGM
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,995
And1: 1,931
Joined: Aug 19, 2017

Re: The Front Office (specifically) failed Curry by prioritizing development 

Post#111 » by WarriorGM » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:08 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:
FNQ wrote:If Curry leaves it will be because fans dont think about him enough while they shower and that makes me angry

No it's because the "fans" are underrating him and he shouldn't have to put up with it.


Right, because Curry will make life-changing, career decisions based on how fans rate him on message boards. That makes sense.


Life changing? He's got it made already. I don't see much of a life changing decision at hand. He should certainly factor in the level of confidence shown in him by this organization in making his career decisions. This guy supported Durant joining the team to pursue wins even though it undercut him in terms of optics and probably hurt his sponsor Under Armour. And now the front office doesn't seem that serious in doing what it needs to do to win?

Curry has been very nice so far. If it was LeBron the team was dealing with, the Wiseman pick, the Minny pick and pretty much all the Warriors' future picks would be gone already or LeBron would be gone.
User avatar
and1GS
RealGM
Posts: 23,556
And1: 1,709
Joined: Nov 12, 2008
Location: home of 3x champs + supporter of all-time weakest moves
   

Re: The Front Office (specifically) failed Curry by prioritizing development 

Post#112 » by and1GS » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:18 pm

But he's not LeBron so what's the point in comparing the two?
Topher wrote:Do I seem mad? I’m about to make love to my wife so I deff ain’t mad.

Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY
xdrta+
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,236
And1: 3,645
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: The Front Office (specifically) failed Curry by prioritizing development 

Post#113 » by xdrta+ » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:22 pm

You said, "No it's because the "fans" are underrating him and he shouldn't have to put up with it." That's what I responded to. Now it's about the "confidence shown in him by this organization." Make up your mind. And I doubt he's too concerned about what Lebron would do.
WarriorGM
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,995
And1: 1,931
Joined: Aug 19, 2017

Re: The Front Office (specifically) failed Curry by prioritizing development 

Post#114 » by WarriorGM » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:52 pm

xdrta+ wrote:You said, "No it's because the "fans" are underrating him and he shouldn't have to put up with it." That's what I responded to. Now it's about the "confidence shown in him by this organization." Make up your mind. And I doubt he's too concerned about what Lebron would do.


The "fans" as represented by comments I've seen here are underrating Curry. The organization by their moves or lack there of are underrating Curry. I'm really starting to see less and less good reason for him to stay.

As for what LeBron would do in this kind of situation and why Curry would be concerned, it's not just what LeBron would do is it though? How many picks do the Clippers still have after Kawhi decided to join but insisted on doing so only with Paul George on board? Or how about the Nets and their up and coming players after KD decided to suit up with them? LeVert? Gone. Jarrett Allen? Gone. From what I can tell the Warriors still pretty much have all their assets.

I admire Curry the basketball player tremendously, but I must confess he is starting to come across as a bit of a doormat on surrounding matters and it seems the Warriors fans more loyal to the organization are counting on it.
xdrta+
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,236
And1: 3,645
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: The Front Office (specifically) failed Curry by prioritizing development 

Post#115 » by xdrta+ » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:04 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:You said, "No it's because the "fans" are underrating him and he shouldn't have to put up with it." That's what I responded to. Now it's about the "confidence shown in him by this organization." Make up your mind. And I doubt he's too concerned about what Lebron would do.


The "fans" as represented by comments I've seen here are underrating Curry. The organization by their moves or lack there of are underrating Curry. I'm really starting to see less and less good reason for him to stay.

As for what LeBron would do in this kind of situation and why Curry would be concerned, it's not just what LeBron would do is it though? How many picks do the Clippers still have after Kawhi decided to join but insisted on doing so only with Paul George on board? Or how about the Nets and their up and coming players after KD decided to suit up with them? LeVert? Gone. Jarrett Allen? Gone. From what I can tell the Warriors still pretty much have all their assets.

I admire Curry the basketball player tremendously, but I must confess he is starting to come across as a bit of a doormat on surrounding matters and it seems the Warriors fans more loyal to the organization are counting on it.


Yeah, it's amazing that some Warrior fans are more loyal to the Warriors than to an individual. I've been a Warrior fan for a long time and I'll still be one after Curry is retired. I've never understood being a single player fan rather than a team fan, but maybe that's just me.
Chupchup
Sophomore
Posts: 170
And1: 30
Joined: Oct 21, 2020

Re: The Front Office (specifically) failed Curry by prioritizing development 

Post#116 » by Chupchup » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:08 pm

Man.. still think the Warriors Front Office should be kicking themselves. AD out with Lakers. Kawhi might be out for rest of playoffs.
Mike Conley's is out. Kyie and Harden may or may not make it. Embid has a knee issue. CP3 is under Covid protocols. Jamal Murray is out. The Warriors could have definitely made a very good run this year if we just gotten more help at trade deadline. Ahh man sucks.
WarriorGM
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,995
And1: 1,931
Joined: Aug 19, 2017

Re: The Front Office (specifically) failed Curry by prioritizing development 

Post#117 » by WarriorGM » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:15 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:You said, "No it's because the "fans" are underrating him and he shouldn't have to put up with it." That's what I responded to. Now it's about the "confidence shown in him by this organization." Make up your mind. And I doubt he's too concerned about what Lebron would do.


The "fans" as represented by comments I've seen here are underrating Curry. The organization by their moves or lack there of are underrating Curry. I'm really starting to see less and less good reason for him to stay.

As for what LeBron would do in this kind of situation and why Curry would be concerned, it's not just what LeBron would do is it though? How many picks do the Clippers still have after Kawhi decided to join but insisted on doing so only with Paul George on board? Or how about the Nets and their up and coming players after KD decided to suit up with them? LeVert? Gone. Jarrett Allen? Gone. From what I can tell the Warriors still pretty much have all their assets.

I admire Curry the basketball player tremendously, but I must confess he is starting to come across as a bit of a doormat on surrounding matters and it seems the Warriors fans more loyal to the organization are counting on it.


Yeah, it's amazing that some Warrior fans are more loyal to the Warriors than to an individual. I've been a Warrior fan for a long time and I'll still be one after Curry is retired. I've never understood being a single player fan rather than a team fan, but maybe that's just me.


I on the other hand do understand why someone might be more partial to a local organization but am amused when it is suggested as a superior form of fandom to one based on excellence. In other topics people are told not to be parochial or prejudiced but to choose based on merit. Don't look at their skin color or where they came from but what they can do. But that rationale seems to go out the window when it comes to sports. [shrug]
xdrta+
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,236
And1: 3,645
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: The Front Office (specifically) failed Curry by prioritizing development 

Post#118 » by xdrta+ » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:21 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:
The "fans" as represented by comments I've seen here are underrating Curry. The organization by their moves or lack there of are underrating Curry. I'm really starting to see less and less good reason for him to stay.

As for what LeBron would do in this kind of situation and why Curry would be concerned, it's not just what LeBron would do is it though? How many picks do the Clippers still have after Kawhi decided to join but insisted on doing so only with Paul George on board? Or how about the Nets and their up and coming players after KD decided to suit up with them? LeVert? Gone. Jarrett Allen? Gone. From what I can tell the Warriors still pretty much have all their assets.

I admire Curry the basketball player tremendously, but I must confess he is starting to come across as a bit of a doormat on surrounding matters and it seems the Warriors fans more loyal to the organization are counting on it.


Yeah, it's amazing that some Warrior fans are more loyal to the Warriors than to an individual. I've been a Warrior fan for a long time and I'll still be one after Curry is retired. I've never understood being a single player fan rather than a team fan, but maybe that's just me.


I on the other hand do understand why someone might be more partial to a local organization but am amused when it is suggested as a superior form of fandom to one based on excellence. In other topics people are told not to be parochial or prejudiced but to choose based on merit. Don't look at their skin color or where they came from but what they can do. But that rationale seems to go out the window when it comes to sports. [shrug]


No offense, but you make no sense.
WarriorGM
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,995
And1: 1,931
Joined: Aug 19, 2017

Re: The Front Office (specifically) failed Curry by prioritizing development 

Post#119 » by WarriorGM » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:23 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Yeah, it's amazing that some Warrior fans are more loyal to the Warriors than to an individual. I've been a Warrior fan for a long time and I'll still be one after Curry is retired. I've never understood being a single player fan rather than a team fan, but maybe that's just me.


I on the other hand do understand why someone might be more partial to a local organization but am amused when it is suggested as a superior form of fandom to one based on excellence. In other topics people are told not to be parochial or prejudiced but to choose based on merit. Don't look at their skin color or where they came from but what they can do. But that rationale seems to go out the window when it comes to sports. [shrug]


No offense, but you make no sense.


As you say, you don't understand.
xdrta+
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,236
And1: 3,645
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: The Front Office (specifically) failed Curry by prioritizing development 

Post#120 » by xdrta+ » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:42 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:
I on the other hand do understand why someone might be more partial to a local organization but am amused when it is suggested as a superior form of fandom to one based on excellence. In other topics people are told not to be parochial or prejudiced but to choose based on merit. Don't look at their skin color or where they came from but what they can do. But that rationale seems to go out the window when it comes to sports. [shrug]


No offense, but you make no sense.


As you say, you don't understand.


Oh, I understand your argument. Curry's a doormat because he's not insisting on running the front office the way Lebron would, rooting for a team instead of a player can be compared to racial prejudice, and there's no reason for Curry to stay where he's so underappreciated. I understand your argument, it's just a very silly one.

Return to Golden State Warriors