ImageImageImageImageImage

Say Curry really wanted out right now..

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Re: Say Curry really wanted out right now.. 

Post#21 » by and1GS » Mon Jun 7, 2021 4:22 pm

RichmondWarrior wrote:Should have just drafted Lamelo

You crack me up man. Whenever I see you post it's one of two copy/paste statements:

1) Shoulda drafted Lamelo
2) I saw Bob Myers in a sports book in vegas isn't that illegal!?

I think it's hilarious so keep it up. Anyways, what are your thoughts on women in the workplace? And do you think it's odd that the dems stole the election and literally nobody is talking about it?
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
RichmondWarrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 91

Post#22 » by RichmondWarrior » Mon Jun 7, 2021 7:17 pm

and1GS wrote:
RichmondWarrior wrote:Should have just drafted Lamelo

You crack me up man. Whenever I see you post it's one of two copy/paste statements:

1) Shoulda drafted Lamelo
2) I saw Bob Myers in a sports book in vegas isn't that illegal!?

I think it's hilarious so keep it up. Anyways, what are your thoughts on women in the workplace? And do you think it's odd that the dems stole the election and literally nobody is talking about it?

Meyers placed some kind of bet the night before All Star Weekend so yea that’s a little fishy, especially since Curry won the 3 Point Contest. I should have recorded it.

Women can work if they want they should just stop crying about equal pay, that’s all a myth at this point.

I think all politics are fake, you gotta be a sheep to buy into being in a gang....Republican or Democrat, ain’t no different than a blood or crip.

And yea it’s pretty obvious we should have taken Lamelo he’s already a borderline star.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,668

Post#23 » by WarriorGM » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:14 am

There is already an obvious destination for Curry: The Sixers.

I already get more indication from Morey that he wants Curry than I ever did from Kerr.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#24 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:32 am

WarriorGM wrote:There is already an obvious destination for Curry: The Sixers.

I already get more indication from Morey that he wants Curry than I ever did from Kerr.

:roll:
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#25 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:51 pm

Luka....straight up.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 217

Post#26 » by sonnyhill » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:57 am

If the front office believes that the team can compete for and win championships with Curry on the roster, then, there is no way that the team trades Curry.

If it is determined that Curry cannot lead the team to compete for more championships, then, now is the time to trade him to a team which can send back both players and and a haul of draft picks. New Orleans would be an ideal trade partner where the Warriors could send to the Pelicans Curry and the Warriors could get back Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and a haul of draft picks.

As of now, there is no way that a "returning from two season-ending injuries" Klay Thompson, a "no-defense-playing and diminutive" Curry, and a "declining-offensively" Green, with Wiggins, Poole, Wiseman and Co are competing for a championship.

While we are all pleasantly surprised by the emergence of Wiggins, especially on defense; Kevin Durant masked a lot of the Warrior roster deficiencies, which Wiggins cannot. Much of the blame for Durant leaving falls directly upon the shoulders of Kerr and his inflexible coaching style.

If the front office decides that the best path moving forward is to run it back again with "Curry-Thompson-Green," then Wiseman has to accelerate his growth curve and the team has to hit on one of its two first round draft picks with a player who can step in and play immediately.

Lastly, why are we asking if "...Curry really wanted out right now," instead of "can this team still compete for championships with Curry on the roster," and, if not "what can the team get back in return for a trade of Curry?" I would rather see Myers and the front office take an aggressive posture moving forward instead of acting defensively and waiting for what Curry decides to do. Myers and his team should have done the calculus before Durant opted out and moved him, Durant, instead of having to scramble after Durant had signed with Brooklyn.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#27 » by shazam_guy » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:32 am

No, Durant and his salary (and his high usage rate) didn't just mask problems, it also caused them. That's what salary caps do. How many good players do you think you could get for what either KD or Steph cost? And he cost us Iguodala when he left, as far as I can tell in the confusion of how that whole thing worked out. (Anyone may feel free to correct me -- I'm still trying to figure the whole thing out.)
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:55 pm

shazam_guy wrote:No, Durant and his salary (and his high usage rate) didn't just mask problems, it also caused them. That's what salary caps do. How many good players do you think you could get for what either KD or Steph cost? And he cost us Iguodala when he left, as far as I can tell in the confusion of how that whole thing worked out. (Anyone may feel free to correct me -- I'm still trying to figure the whole thing out.)

Yes, the Warriors were REQUIRED to get under the apron in order to do the S&T to keep the salary slot from KD, and to do that they had to send out picks and contracts to do that.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,112

Post#29 » by cpower » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:10 pm

He has not signed the extension yet, I hope our GM is not stupid enough to think he can just sign random guys to make steph happy
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:11 am

cpower wrote:He has not signed the extension yet, I hope our GM is not stupid enough to think he can just sign random guys to make steph happy

I'm sure they are trying to do more than "just sign random guys", but I also think Steph understands their limitations.

If Curry wants Green and Klay to stay the options are incredibly limited and Curry is not stupid enough to think they are more than they are.

I hope Curry is doing some recruiting too.

Return to Golden State Warriors