ImageImageImageImageImage

your ideal 2021-2022 roster

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

osx28
Sophomore
And1: 58

your ideal 2021-2022 roster 

Post#1 » by osx28 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:41 am

Pretending you could get any trade and free agent signing (within reason) you want, what would be your ideal roster for next season and how would you make it happen?

Only keep it half-realistic, as in trades must match salaries according to league rules, FAs can only sign for the TPMLE, and only superstars rumored or openly unhappy with their team(like Lillard), their team is unhappy with them(like Porzingis) or from teams that underperformed severely (like Philly if they get bounced by ATL) would be available. So no trading for Lebron, Giannis or Kawhaii (yet) .
Non superstars are all fair game even if their team isn't expected to be looking to trade them (like Levine, Siakam, Hield and the like).

Also don't think about if it's too much money for Mr Lacob to pay or not, if it's within league rules and it benefits the team baskeball-wise go for it

Just for fun :)

Mine would be :

PG- Curry/Brogdon/
SG- Klay/Poole/Bazemore
SF- TJ Warren/JTA
PF- Draymond/H.Barnes
C- M. Turner/G. Dieng/Looney

This team would have great versatility defensively, above average to elite shoooting at every position except Dray, excelent playmaking in non-Curry/Green minutes with Brogdon, good size to defend big teams like the Lakers, 2-3 starting quality players coming off the bench and decent rebounding. Last year's 3 main problems imo were lack of scoring , lack of playmaking when Curry sat and lack of size defensively and for rebounds.

This would solve all 3 and make them legit contender in my view. The small lineup of Brogdon, Curry, Klay, Warren and Draymond would be all kinds of devastating and fun to watch, has me salivating lol .

In order to get there,
1- dubs send Wiggs,Min pick, own 2021 pick, and a future first to Indy. (edit. forgot to add paschall and Lee to match salaries)
2- Wiseman to OKC in exchange for them sending their Miami's 18th pick to Indy (edit 2 maybe Okc can send Minn's 2nd rounder to Indy as well).
3- S&T Oubre and send him along with a future first or second (or both a first and a second) to the Kings in exchange for Barnes.
4- Sign Gorgui Dieng with TPMLE
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,770

Re: your ideal 2021-2022 roster 

Post#2 » by Upperclass » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:16 am

Wiseman to OKC is a great move imo but tj Warren is a nonpassing, poor iq player with a bad attitude
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#3 » by TB » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:20 pm

Thats a fantastic lineup. Not sure the specifics on getting there, but its a title favorite lineup IMO.

I'll hold on mine until the lotto... because the ultimate plan would be Green at 4 and Sengun at 14. But we are a couple days away from that quickly being impossible.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#4 » by FNQ » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:16 pm

BASED ON REALITY

#14 / Looney for Boucher / #46 / #47 <--- I'd be just as happy making it Wiseman for Boucher/46/47 as well

#7 - Moses Moody
#46 - Joel Ayayi
#47 - Day'ron Sharpe

Curry / Poole / JOEL AYAYI / Nico
Klay* / MOSES MOODY / Poole / Lee
Wiggins / MOSES MOODY / Lee / JTA
Dray / JTA / Paschall
CHRIS BOUCHER / Wiseman / DAY'RON SHARPE

* Assuming Klay is out to start the season (2 months?) I would have Moody start over Poole, as Moody is more of a Klay type than Poole

BASED ON FANTASY

Wiggins/7/14/pick swap 2025 ---> Paul George

sign Robin Lopez with taxpayer MLE
sign Trevor Ariza, Jeff Teague, James Johnson to minimu contracts to chase rings

Curry / Poole / JEFF TEAGUE / Nico
Klay * / Poole / Lee
PAUL GEORGE / TREVOR ARIZA / Lee / JTA
Draymond / JAMES JOHNSON / JTA / Paschall
Wiseman** / ROBIN LOPEZ / Looney

*I'd probably start Ariza at SF and George at SG until Klay got back
** I'd probably start Wiseman over RoLo to begin the season, to see if there's any improvement. Quick hook though
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#5 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:23 am

Starters - Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond, Ibaka (assuming he's healthy)
Bench Patty Mills, Poole, Lee, Jessup, Wiseman/JTA

EDIT: Added JTA

Warriors trade a re-signed Oubre for Ibaka.
Warriors work with Spurs on sending Paschal, Looney, 14th pick to Spursh for a re-signed Patty Mills

Warriors would be a top 5 defensive team and the bench would have NO problems scoring with Mills, Poole, Jessup....We have a team for now and we keep the upside of Wiseman.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 851

Post#6 » by DevinVassell » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:00 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Starters - Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond, Ibaka (assuming he's healthy)

Warriors work with Spurs on sending Paschal, Looney, 14th pick to Spursh for a re-signed Patty Mills

Warriors would be a top 5 defensive team and the bench would have NO problems scoring with Mills, Poole, Jessup....We have a team for now and we keep the upside of Wiseman.

I had to do a double take reading that one.

Mills you say? The soon to be 33yo Mills right? The 6'1 Mills? That guy... for two average but productive players on good contracts AND a first round LOTTO pick? Hmm, maybe we can put him in front of our promising, soon to be 3rd year player Jordan Poole whom averages more points already in less minutes?
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#7 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:41 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Starters - Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond, Ibaka (assuming he's healthy)

Seems like a really bad idea to me. Ibaka who's body is old and is out for back surgery, and Patty Mills who is also old and has slipped for the Warriors only reliable center and their 2nd best bench scorer who (if he could stay healthy) has shown flashes of getting much better. While Ibaka would be great as a "fit" he's a 12 year vet who is having more and more injury issues and a game that was based on explosion. And Mills, who is small and who has shot over 40% from 3 just once in the last 7 years ... that's just way too much (assets and money) to pay for him.

I'm fine trading assets but need healthy as well as skilled players to come back.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,374

Post#8 » by GSWFan1994 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:21 pm

Garry St. Jean reading this thread:

xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,247

Post#9 » by xdrta+ » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:53 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Warriors work with Spurs on sending Paschal, Looney, 14th pick to Spurs for a re-signed Patty Mills

Have to keep in mind when making up these trades that the Warriors can't receive a player in a S&T, which is what this would be.
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#10 » by mos_def » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:54 pm

Curry - Mannion
Klay - Poole - Jessup
Wiggins - * scottie Barnes
Green - Paschall - JTA
Wiseman - Looney -*Isaiah Jackson
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#11 » by xdrta+ » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:20 pm

No one ever mentions GPII, yet the Warriors must see something and think he has a shot. He has 3 guarantee dates in his contract, $659k on 8/11, $1.3M if he's on the roster 10/17, and the full $1.9M on the standard guarantee date, 1/10/22.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:47 pm

xdrta+ wrote:No one ever mentions GPII, yet the Warriors must see something and think he has a shot. He has 3 guarantee dates in his contract, $659k on 8/11, $1.3M if he's on the roster 10/17, and the full $1.9M on the standard guarantee date, 1/10/22.

I think I mentioned him somewhere, but at this point he's at a similar level as Jessup for next year to me. He'll be in camp with a shot to make it.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#13 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:57 pm

DevinVassell wrote:

Mills you say? The soon to be 33yo Mills right? The 6'1 Mills? That guy... for two average but productive players on good contracts AND a first round LOTTO pick? Hmm, maybe we can put him in front of our promising, soon to be 3rd year player Jordan Poole whom averages more points already in less minutes?

I'm not sure the value of "promising players" over a super reliable vet off the bench for a team that desperately needs it.
With the little you saw this year...you are okay handing over the second unit to Poole? I love what he's done but....

Anyway....here is just another example where everyone imagines some young stud and future greatness while the reality is a high percentage of draft picks don't pan out....at all.

You tell me the value of Paschal? He's average to below average defensively....horrid 3 point shooter....undersized for PF spot and under-skilled for any other spot. So what is his value?

So yes...I would love to have Ibaka (assuming health-he's 31) over Wiseman in the starting lineup.
Yes...I would prefer to have a totally reliable 33 yo (Curry is fricking 34 okay!!!!) running the second unit.

What about "proven NBA record" has < value to guys compared to a guy that has never played in the NBA ?
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#14 » by Old_Blue » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:33 pm

Simmons and Tobias Harris for Draymond, Wiggins and Wiseman. Don't budge if Philly demands draft picks (they'd already be shedding seven guaranteed contract years in exchange for only four). Play Simmons at the five spot and bring in a 3 and D wing to round out the starting five. That team is a Western Conference contender.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#15 » by xdrta+ » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:41 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:

I'm not sure the value of "promising players" over a super reliable vet off the bench for a team that desperately needs it.
With the little you saw this year...you are okay handing over the second unit to Poole? I love what he's done but....

Anyway....here is just another example where everyone imagines some young stud and future greatness while the reality is a high percentage of draft picks don't pan out....at all.

You tell me the value of Paschal? He's average to below average defensively....horrid 3 point shooter....undersized for PF spot and under-skilled for any other spot. So what is his value?

So yes...I would love to have Ibaka (assuming health-he's 31) over Wiseman in the starting lineup.
Yes...I would prefer to have a totally reliable 33 yo (Curry is fricking 34 okay!!!!) running the second unit.

What about "proven NBA record" has < value to guys compared to a guy that has never played in the NBA ?

You have to sign Mills outright, either with the MLE or minimum salary. The Warrior team salary is too high to allow receiving a player in a S&T. I like Mills, by the way, since I first saw him play at St Mary's.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:47 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:I'm not sure the value of "promising players" over a super reliable vet off the bench for a team that desperately needs it.

I totally agree IF that was the case. Mills has never been the guy who "runs" the team. Yes he can move the ball but he's not really a playmaker. His defense has been slipping as has his shot making.

I LIKE Mills and Ibaka, but I don't think we can assume they will get more reliable or better over the next couple years.

ALSO the Warriors can't trade for Mills so it's a dead subject anyway.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:05 pm

Old_Blue wrote:Simmons and Tobias Harris for Draymond, Wiggins and Wiseman. Don't budge if Philly demands draft picks (they'd already be shedding seven guaranteed contract years in exchange for only four). Play Simmons at the five spot and bring in a 3 and D wing to round out the starting five. That team is a Western Conference contender.

I don't think Simmons value is much higher than Draymond for next year, and the same goes for Wiggins compared to Harris. Trading for 2 flawed players with 3 flawed players usually doesn't work out.
Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Post#18 » by Mob Byers » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:54 pm

Draft:
Assuming we land at #7 and #14
Trade Wiseman, EP, #14, future 2nd for Boucher, Bembry, #8
Trade cash for mid-late 2nd

#7- Davion Mitchell
#8- Moses Moody
Mid-late 2nd- DJ Stewart

Free agency:
Looney opts in
Sign Chriss vet min
Sign Tyreke Evans after he is reinstated (it's been 2 years, he should be back anytime now) w/ partial TPMLE @ 2yrs (if possible)
Sign James Johnson with the rest of TPMLE

Curry/Mitchell/GP2/Mannion(2w)
Klay/Poole/Moody/Stewart(2w)
Wiggins/Evans/Bembry
Green/Johnson/JTA
Boucher/Looney/Chriss

Not ideal, just bored tbh
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:30 pm

Mob Byers wrote:Draft:
Assuming we land at #7 and #14
Trade Wiseman, EP, #14, future 2nd for Boucher, Bembry, #8
Trade cash for mid-late 2nd

#7- Davion Mitchell
#8- Moses Moody
Mid-late 2nd- DJ Stewart

Free agency:
Looney opts in
Sign Chriss vet min
Sign Tyreke Evans after he is reinstated (it's been 2 years, he should be back anytime now) w/ partial TPMLE @ 2yrs (if possible)
Sign James Johnson with the rest of TPMLE

Curry/Mitchell/GP2/Mannion(2w)
Klay/Poole/Moody/Stewart(2w)
Wiggins/Evans/Bembry
Green/Johnson/JTA
Boucher/Looney/Chriss

Not ideal, just bored tbh

One thing is for sure that team is going to go fast.
AntMo22
Ballboy
And1: 26

Post#20 » by AntMo22 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:16 pm

mos_def wrote:Curry - Mannion
Klay - Poole - Jessup
Wiggins - * scottie Barnes
Green - Paschall - JTA
Wiseman - Looney -*Isaiah Jackson
:banghead:
Coxy wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:I've said this in many Monta/Bogut based trades in the past... but for the Bucks to consider trading Andrew to GS, we have to be talking Steph Curry, not Monta.

Fine.

Curry/Biedrins for Bogut/Filler. Done and done.

Return to Golden State Warriors