Post#21 » by mos_def » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:25 pm

AntMo22 wrote:
mos_def wrote:Curry - Mannion
Klay - Poole - Jessup
Wiggins - * scottie Barnes
Green - Paschall - JTA
Wiseman - Looney -*Isaiah Jackson
:banghead:

Im an optimist but as much as I want more athleticism, man we need wings, especially with Klay maybe not getting back for training camp.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 851

Re: your ideal 2021-2022 roster 

Post#22 » by DevinVassell » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:44 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:Starters - Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond, Ibaka (assuming he's healthy)
Bench Patty Mills, Poole, Lee, Jessup, Wiseman/JTA

EDIT: Added JTA

Warriors trade a re-signed Oubre for Ibaka.
Warriors work with Spurs on sending Paschal, Looney, 14th pick to Spursh for a re-signed Patty Mills

Warriors would be a top 5 defensive team and the bench would have NO problems scoring with Mills, Poole, Jessup....We have a team for now and we keep the upside of Wiseman.

I had to do a double take reading that one.

Mills you say? The soon to be 33yo Mills right? The 6'1 Mills? That guy... for two average but productive players on good contracts AND a first round LOTTO pick? Hmm, maybe we can put him in front of our promising, soon to be 3rd year player Jordan Poole whom averages more points already in less minutes?

I'm not sure the value of "promising players" over a super reliable vet off the bench for a team that desperately needs it.
With the little you saw this year...you are okay handing over the second unit to Poole? I love what he's done but....

Anyway....here is just another example where everyone imagines some young stud and future greatness while the reality is a high percentage of draft picks don't pan out....at all.

You tell me the value of Paschal? He's average to below average defensively....horrid 3 point shooter....undersized for PF spot and under-skilled for any other spot. So what is his value?

So yes...I would love to have Ibaka (assuming health-he's 31) over Wiseman in the starting lineup.
Yes...I would prefer to have a totally reliable 33 yo (Curry is fricking 34 okay!!!!) running the second unit.

What about "proven NBA record" has < value to guys compared to a guy that has never played in the NBA ?

Don't get me wrong. I'm far from high on Paschal. Just pointing out that he is on a bargain basement contract and if your looking to add "a super reliable vet off the bench" (Mills) you just traded one away to get him (Looney).

Theoretically, what money are we signing Mills for and for how long? I'm assuming its much more than Pascal and Looneys' contracts combined? He makes 13.5M this year. Anyway moot subject. Adding the 14 pick blows this over the top for me. You don't just throw away a lotto pick, essentially a high upside cost controlled player for the next four years... for Patty.

Pascal and Looney for Mills sounds fairer but still not great imo but again moot point.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#23 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:25 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:I'm not sure the value of "promising players" over a super reliable vet off the bench for a team that desperately needs it.
With the little you saw this year...you are okay handing over the second unit to Poole? I love what he's done but....

Anyway....here is just another example where everyone imagines some young stud and future greatness while the reality is a high percentage of draft picks don't pan out....at all.

You tell me the value of Paschal? He's average to below average defensively....horrid 3 point shooter....undersized for PF spot and under-skilled for any other spot. So what is his value?

So yes...I would love to have Ibaka (assuming health-he's 31) over Wiseman in the starting lineup.
Yes...I would prefer to have a totally reliable 33 yo (Curry is fricking 34 okay!!!!) running the second unit.

What about "proven NBA record" has < value to guys compared to a guy that has never played in the NBA ?

I totally agree IF that was the case. Mills has never been the guy who "runs" the team. Yes he can move the ball but he's not really a playmaker. His defense has been slipping as has his shot making.

I LIKE Mills and Ibaka, but I don't think we can assume they will get more reliable or better over the next couple years.

ALSO the Warriors can't trade for Mills so it's a dead subject anyway.

Fair enough.

I guess I'd prefer a legit point guard on the second unit...I don't trust Poole yet as a combo guard running the second unit. Maybe he'll be that ?
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#24 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:52 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:I'm not sure the value of "promising players" over a super reliable vet off the bench for a team that desperately needs it.

I totally agree IF that was the case. Mills has never been the guy who "runs" the team. Yes he can move the ball but he's not really a playmaker. His defense has been slipping as has his shot making.

I LIKE Mills and Ibaka, but I don't think we can assume they will get more reliable or better over the next couple years.

ALSO the Warriors can't trade for Mills so it's a dead subject anyway.

Fair enough.

I guess I'd prefer a legit point guard on the second unit...I don't trust Poole yet as a combo guard running the second unit. Maybe he'll be that ?

Way too early to tell on Poole, but he's never going to be a traditional play maker, but neither is Mills.

My target for backup PG is TJ McConnell. But it really depends on how the draft and other free agents work out.
BayWarrior
Bench Warmer
And1: 688

Post#25 » by BayWarrior » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:55 am

Steph, Devonte Graham, GPIII
Klay, Josh Hart, Poole
Wiggins, #6 Scottie Barnes, #14 Krispert
Green, JTA, Paschall 
Wiseman, Looney, Gorgui Dieng

Center rotation with the addition of Dieng, He is like Loony, but a better shooter and cheap
Josh Hart would be a good fill in until Klay is 100%
Graham is a capable defensive ball handler with a nice shot
Barnes and Krispert are players that can come in as needed for defense or offense
Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Post#26 » by Mob Byers » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:48 pm

BayWarrior wrote:Steph, Devonte Graham, GPIII
Klay, Josh Hart, Poole
Wiggins, #6 Scottie Barnes, #14 Krispert
Green, JTA, Paschall 
Wiseman, Looney, Gorgui Dieng

Center rotation with the addition of Dieng, He is like Loony, but a better shooter and cheap
Josh Hart would be a good fill in until Klay is 100%
Graham is a capable defensive ball handler with a nice shot
Barnes and Krispert are players that can come in as needed for defense or offense

Would be nice but not within reason

Graham and Hart are likely out of our reach money wise
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#27 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:06 pm

Steph
Cade
Klay
Kuminga
Dray
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:51 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:Steph
Cade
Klay
Kuminga
Dray

I like how you think. Can't put Dray out there at 5 big minutes for sure.

Steph / McConnell / GP2
Klay / Jalen Green / Poole
Wiggins / Cade / Lee
Dray / JTA / Paschall
Olynyk / Wiseman / Looney

two-way:
Mannion
Greg Brown (PF Texas, as UDFA or 2nd round pick)
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#29 » by killmongrel » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:42 pm

I'm gonna post the Myers Special. It basically means this is the most likely outcome or close to it because Myers and the FO are the most boring and predictable front office in the league. So here it is.

Draft Moody at #7 and Wagner at #14. If they throw a curveball, draft Wagner at #7 and either MItchell or Duerte at #14. I think they do the former to be safe. I actually like this outcome if they pull it off. We get ready now players that provide shooting.

They, at best sign and trade Oubre for a TPE to a team that is willing to take garbage picks just to look like they didn't let the salary slot die. But they have no intention of using it at all because of the crazy cost.

They don't use the MLE because there isn't really a player they deem to be worth all that luxury tax.

Sign Iguodala for the vet minimum for their "vet". Sign Chriss or Dieng for the vet minimum for their floor stretching 5.

Look for them to throw the vet. minimum at Elfrid Payton or Austin Rivers in the Wanamaker role.

And here is your Bob Myers Special.

Steph/Payton/Poole
Moody/Lee/Klay*
Wiggins/Wagner/Iguodala
Draymond/JTA/Paschall
Looney/Wiseman/Chriss
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,247

Post#30 » by xdrta+ » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:52 pm

Have to be able to do better than Iguodala. He's the very definition of washed up.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#31 » by killmongrel » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:43 pm

xdrta+ wrote:Have to be able to do better than Iguodala. He's the very definition of washed up.

Draymond seems to think he still deserves a contract more than the vet. minimum. :lol:
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,247

Post#32 » by xdrta+ » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:52 pm

killmongrel wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:Have to be able to do better than Iguodala. He's the very definition of washed up.

Draymond seems to think he still deserves a contract more than the vet. minimum. :lol:

Draymond is a loyal friend. :nod:
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:34 am

Honestly I think if Iguodala can't get more than the vet min he doesn't play.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:37 am

killmongrel wrote:I'm gonna post the Myers Special. It basically means this is the most likely outcome or close to it because Myers and the FO are the most boring and predictable front office in the league. So here it is.

Draft Moody at #7 and Wagner at #14. If they throw a curveball, draft Wagner at #7 and either MItchell or Duerte at #14. I think they do the former to be safe. I actually like this outcome if they pull it off. We get ready now players that provide shooting.

They, at best sign and trade Oubre for a TPE to a team that is willing to take garbage picks just to look like they didn't let the salary slot die. But they have no intention of using it at all because of the crazy cost.

They don't use the MLE because there isn't really a player they deem to be worth all that luxury tax.

Sign Iguodala for the vet minimum for their "vet". Sign Chriss or Dieng for the vet minimum for their floor stretching 5.

Look for them to throw the vet. minimum at Elfrid Payton or Austin Rivers in the Wanamaker role.

Steph/Payton/Poole
Moody/Lee/Klay*
Wiggins/Wagner/Iguodala
Draymond/JTA/Paschall
Looney/Wiseman/Chriss

I think 1 pick is for next year and one is more about potential.

I think they'll spend the TPMLE

You may be right on the S&T Oubre just to keep the salary slot open "just in case", but I don't know that there would be any takers with no money coming back in that trade.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#35 » by cdubbz » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:03 am

*Without looking at any other posts and not following salary cap 100%*

PG: Steph Curry/Rivers/Mannion
SG: Klay Thompson/Poole/Lee/Bouknight
SF: Andrew Wiggins/Barnes/JTA
PF: Draymond Green/Paschall/Smiley
C: James Wiseman/Dwight Howard
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#36 » by killmongrel » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:36 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
killmongrel wrote:I'm gonna post the Myers Special. It basically means this is the most likely outcome or close to it because Myers and the FO are the most boring and predictable front office in the league. So here it is.

Steph/Payton/Poole
Moody/Lee/Klay*
Wiggins/Wagner/Iguodala
Draymond/JTA/Paschall
Looney/Wiseman/Chriss

You may be right on the S&T Oubre just to keep the salary slot open "just in case", but I don't know that there would be any takers with no money coming back in that trade.
I wouldn't mind the 14th pick for potential. But man would they really want to play this game again especially when they still have to figure out how to win and give Wiseman his minutes. If it looks like they have two projects on the team, and a player they passed up with the 14th pick is contributing on another team, I would not want to be Myers and the FO.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#37 » by ChuckDurn » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:07 am

Draft: Scottie Barnes (#7), James Bouknight (#14), Johnny Juzang (#36 - see below)
TP MLE: Otto Porter
Vet min: Marquese Chriss
Retain: Damion Lee
Trade: Paschall to OKC for #36 pick
Release: Mulder, Smailagic
Keep in Australia: Jessup - unless he shows enough in training camp to beat out Lee.

Curry / Poole / Mannion (2-way)
Klay / Bouknight / Lee
Wiggins / Porter / Juzang (possible 2-way)
Draymond / Barnes / JTA
Looney / Wiseman / Chriss

Addresses some of our key needs, including: guys who can create their own shot (Bouknight, more time for Poole); wing depth and shooting (Porter, Juzang, Bouknight); depth at PF (Barnes - who I think would be too good a value at 7 to pass up); veteran presence (Porter, Chriss to some extent).

We’d still have a huge weakness in shooting at the 4 and 5 positions….. not sure how to address that.

But I’d be happy taking my chances with that team going forward.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:57 pm

cdubbz wrote:*Without looking at any other posts and not following salary cap 100%*

No thanks on Rivers and/or Howard.

I prefer Springer to Bouknight.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:59 pm

killmongrel wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

Steph/Payton/Poole
Moody/Lee/Klay*
Wiggins/Wagner/Iguodala
Draymond/JTA/Paschall
Looney/Wiseman/Chriss

I wouldn't mind the 14th pick for potential. But man would they really want to play this game again especially when they still have to figure out how to win and give Wiseman his minutes. If it looks like they have two projects on the team, and a player they passed up with the 14th pick is contributing on another team, I would not want to be Myers and the FO.

Kerr generally doesn't play more than 11-12 guys. If someone isn't ready then they don't have to play in the regular rotation.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#40 » by cdubbz » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:03 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:*Without looking at any other posts and not following salary cap 100%*

No thanks on Rivers and/or Howard.

I prefer Springer to Bouknight.

Just need the muscle for specific bigs. At veteran minimum I’ll take it.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.

Return to Golden State Warriors