ImageImageImageImageImage

What do we do with Draymond if we don’t trade 7 and 14

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Currygoat
Senior
And1: 821

What do we do with Draymond if we don’t trade 7 and 14 

Post#1 » by Currygoat » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:55 pm

He already said on national tv that you don’t play rookies next to vets that want to win. I’m assuming that he is going to slap the **** out of Bob Myers if we don’t trade the pick for a proven Vet. Do we trade him at that point?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Re: What do we do with Draymond if we don’t trade 7 and 14 

Post#2 » by FNQ » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:32 pm

Here's what I would do

I would trade Draymond for Anthony Davis. That way we don't have to worry about technicals as much
I would then trade Wiseman for a more established C, someone like Jokic. The Nuggets will probably want to sell high on Jokic and they just got eliminated from the playoffs, so there's probably a deal there.
Now that the frontcourt is addressed, what to do with the SF position? Well Wiggins is a former #1 pick so I think teams will be really stoked on his potential development, so lets trade him for LeBron. The Lakers just traded away AD so they are probably looking to rebuild/reload somehow.

So then we run with a team of Curry / Klay / LeBron / AD / Jokic

Ill edit this post later with some ideas for how to fill the bench
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,962

Post#3 » by DonaldSanders » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:56 pm

Keep in mind he said 2 all-stars in the clip, I'm sure he sees us as having 3 all-stars with Klay back. So the answer is nothing changes, I don't think Dray thinks the description applies to us.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,152

Post#4 » by cpower » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:01 pm

trade Draymond for Simmons, trade Curry for Ja Morant, trade Klay for Jaylen Brown, we gold!
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#5 » by killmongrel » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:02 pm

FNQ wrote:Here's what I would do

I would trade Draymond for Anthony Davis. That way we don't have to worry about technicals as much
I would then trade Wiseman for a more established C, someone like Jokic. The Nuggets will probably want to sell high on Jokic and they just got eliminated from the playoffs, so there's probably a deal there.
Now that the frontcourt is addressed, what to do with the SF position? Well Wiggins is a former #1 pick so I think teams will be really stoked on his potential development, so lets trade him for LeBron. The Lakers just traded away AD so they are probably looking to rebuild/reload somehow.

So then we run with a team of Curry / Klay / LeBron / AD / Jokic

Ill edit this post later with some ideas for how to fill the bench
I'm still not sure we'd be the favorites. How about doing an achilles trade where we ship Klay for KD?
Currygoat
Senior
And1: 821

Post#6 » by Currygoat » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:04 pm

DonaldSanders wrote:Keep in mind he said 2 all-stars in the clip, I'm sure he sees us as having 3 all-stars with Klay back. So the answer is nothing changes, I don't think Dray thinks the description applies to us.

Draymond knows this applies to the warriors too. He is not dumb, he already said that we need a roster change and he is going to talk to management about it. He is one of the honest athletes out there
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,962

Post#7 » by DonaldSanders » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:12 pm

Currygoat wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:Keep in mind he said 2 all-stars in the clip, I'm sure he sees us as having 3 all-stars with Klay back. So the answer is nothing changes, I don't think Dray thinks the description applies to us.

Draymond knows this applies to the warriors too. He is not dumb, he already said that we need a roster change and he is going to talk to management about it. He is one of the honest athletes out there

I don't disagree, I just think there is a big difference between 2 and 3 all stars and how Draymond would react if we stood pat at #7 and #14. I definitely think he wants us to make a big move, but I also think the idea he would want himself to be traded if we don't make a move is absurd.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#8 » by FNQ » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:15 pm

killmongrel wrote:How about doing an achilles trade where we ship Klay for KD?

I dunno man, I think I'd rather just trade the entire person to make it less messy
Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Post#9 » by Mob Byers » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:37 pm

Let him go crazy in a rage room and he'll get over it
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#10 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:32 pm

Currygoat wrote:He already said on national tv that you don’t play rookies next to vets that want to win. I’m assuming that he is going to slap the **** out of Bob Myers if we don’t trade the pick for a proven Vet. Do we trade him at that point?

Just don't play the rooks with him I guess.

He also may have been talking more about the playoffs than the regular season.
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#11 » by mos_def » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:35 pm

Technically, the 7th and 14th pick would be on the second unit, so they wouldn't be playing with Dray and Steph directly

Return to Golden State Warriors