Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: With the 14th pick, the Golden State Warriors select Moses Moody 

Post#61 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:13 pm

EvanZ wrote:
The-Power wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Moody reminds me of Mickael Bridges

Mikal is more athletic and more disruptive on defense, and generally one of the smartest players on the court. But I can see the comparison to some extent. Moody might also become stronger and he takes contact better. Still, even if he only gives us 80% of what Bridges gives his teams, it's a great pick.

People keep saying Mikal but I'd actually go back to a former Warrior: Brandon Rush

If you think about the role Rush had and what he looked like before the injury it's kind of the prototype for Moses. Rush also not an incredible athlete but very strong and very long. He was a great 3&D wing. Still tremendously upset how his career ended.

Yeah totally see that. Sleepy said the same thing. I’m fine with that, and Bridges might be a bit taller.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#62 » by shazam_guy » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:37 pm

I'm still sad about Rush. And for him, too.
WESCO
Head Coach
And1: 977

Post#63 » by WESCO » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:39 pm

Klay 2.0?

Who will get more minutes this year with the big squad? Moody or Jessup?
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,251

Post#64 » by xdrta+ » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:59 pm

WESCO wrote:Klay 2.0?

Jessup has to make the roster in training camp or it's back to Australia for him. Moody has a guaranteed spot.
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,324

Post#65 » by NeoWarriors » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:17 pm

Timmy with the video message for Moses Moody.

Read on Twitter

Sent from my Golden State Warriors Protoast Elite toaster using RealGM mobile app
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#66 » by FNQ » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:35 pm

NeoWarriors wrote:Timmy with the video message for Moses Moody.

Read on Twitter

Sent from my Golden State Warriors Protoast Elite toaster using RealGM mobile app

And then funny enough, our #7 picks historically:

Harrison Barnes
Steph Curry
Chris Mullin

and the greatest one of all, Bob Portman
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,594

Post#67 » by HiRez » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:37 pm

shazam_guy wrote:At the beginning of the season (or at least in camp) we may well have Poole, Damion Lee, Jessup, and Moody all competing for time at the 2, and I guess Bazemore as well. So it's not as if we'll lack for bodies while Klay eases back in, just who plays well.

I don't think it's going to be much competition because Moody right now is probably better than all those guys defensively save maybe Bazemore. And it's not like he's a negative on offense. I can see him quickly making Lee, Jessup, and Bazemore obsolete (Lee and Jessup are already somewhat redundant with Poole).

He will need to learn the defensive schemes but he seems a high BBIQ guy who by all accounts is a hard worker who likes to study game film so I'm not worried about that.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#68 » by Mylie10 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 3:16 am

Gonna get me a Bob Portman jersey!

What was his number?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,895

Post#69 » by Samurai » Sun Aug 1, 2021 3:27 am

Mylie10 wrote:Gonna get me a Bob Portman jersey!

What was his number?

He wore #33. I got his autograph after a Bucks game in the early 70's (I distinctly remember that the #33 on the Bucks was clearly better than our #33 - some tall guy named Kareem something!). Not that I was specifically trying to get his autograph, but all the other Warriors cleared out pretty quick after the Bucks blew us out and Portman was the only one who stuck around to sign autographs.

Wanted to add that Portman absolutely loved playing for the Dubs. He was born and raised in SF and went to St. Ignatius High School in the City so getting to stay local and play for the team he grew up with was living his dream.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#70 » by Mylie10 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 3:40 am

Samurai wrote:

What was his number?

He wore #33. I got his autograph after a Bucks game in the early 70's (I distinctly remember that the #33 on the Bucks was clearly better than our #33 - some tall guy named Kareem something!). Not that I was specifically trying to get his autograph, but all the other Warriors cleared out pretty quick after the Bucks blew us out and Portman was the only one who stuck around to sign autographs.

Wanted to add that Portman absolutely loved playing for the Dubs. He was born and raised in SF and went to St. Ignatius High School in the City so getting to stay local and play for the team he grew up with was living his dream.

Great story!

If this board Bands together and all buy Bob Portman Jerseys….it could really become a thing!

His jersey sales would go through the roof. It could be a symbol for being a longtime Warrior Fan! And not a bandwagoner
Khoee wrote “
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#71 » by FNQ » Sun Aug 1, 2021 7:43 am

Mylie10 wrote:
Samurai wrote:

What was his number?

Great story!

If this board Bands together and all buy Bob Portman Jerseys….it could really become a thing!

His jersey sales would go through the roof. It could be a symbol for being a longtime Warrior Fan! And not a bandwagoner

He's an elder at a church in NC these days.

Audio is terrible but here he is talking at Creighton about being elected into some sort of ring of honor thing

Mylie10
RealGM

Post#72 » by Mylie10 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 2:22 pm

Maybe I should do a full background check, before I go full Bob Portman lol……you gotta be careful these days haha
Khoee wrote “
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,052

Post#73 » by Jester_ » Sun Aug 1, 2021 2:32 pm

Thought I'd be unique with the Brandon Rush take but looks like I'm late to the field. If we're getting a better Brandon Rush do-over with more physical potential - gaddamn
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#74 » by Mylie10 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 2:40 pm

Jester_ wrote:Thought I'd be unique with the Brandon Rush take but looks like I'm late to the field. If we're getting a better Brandon Rush do-over with more physical potential - gaddamn

I think it was Fran grad hills who said Moody looks like a college linebacker. Not sure I buy that, but he’s listed at around 215, so that’s a strong guy potentially. If he’s up around 220 now, it would give him a physical presence in certain matchups. And also bodes well for him finishing with contact and getting to the line like he did in college.
Khoee wrote “
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#75 » by mos_def » Sun Aug 1, 2021 3:11 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Jester_ wrote:Thought I'd be unique with the Brandon Rush take but looks like I'm late to the field. If we're getting a better Brandon Rush do-over with more physical potential - gaddamn

I think it was Fran grad hills who said Moody looks like a college linebacker. Not sure I buy that, but he’s listed at around 215, so that’s a strong guy potentially. If he’s up around 220 now, it would give him a physical presence in certain matchups. And also bodes well for him finishing with contact and getting to the line like he did in college.

Finishing with contact? He has to get to the rim before that happens. Small steps.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#76 » by Sleepy51 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 3:12 pm

floppymoose wrote:
GS Warriors 1 wrote:"He's way mature beyond his age. If you looked down at the practice facility and watched Moses shoot when no one was around. He was not laughing, he was not joking. He was focused."

ok, but... really? Who the hell jokes when you are shooting by yourself? If you are working out by yourself, it's normal to be focused.

I think he mean taking BS shots and horsing around. Lots of guys have trouble getting through a shooting workout with any level of discipline to actually stick with the kinds of shots and situations they will be asked to take in a real game. Anthony Randolph comes to mind.

Knowing "how" to practice is a valuable skill and not a universal skill that can be taken for granted even among NBA players. One of my coaching role models used to say that "practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect." If Moody knows how to put in a quality practice session BEFORE getting with a focused NBA development program that is a good thing.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,175

Post#77 » by watch1958 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 3:19 pm

xdrta+ wrote:

Jessup has to make the roster in training camp or it's back to Australia for him. Moody has a guaranteed spot.
I expect Jessup to go back. I think they need another year of Lee. It will be tough to cut him or dump him, and I think they need to be able to show Steph that it’s clearly better for the team.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#78 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 4:11 pm

watch1958 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

I expect Jessup to go back. I think they need another year of Lee. It will be tough to cut him or dump him, and I think they need to be able to show Steph that it’s clearly better for the team.

GP2, Lee, Mulder, Jessup are all kind of fighting for 1-2 spots. I think Lee is CLEARLY in the lead.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,175

Post#79 » by watch1958 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 4:33 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
watch1958 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

GP2, Lee, Mulder, Jessup are all kind of fighting for 1-2 spots. I think Lee is CLEARLY in the lead.
I think you’re right.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,594

Post#80 » by HiRez » Sun Aug 1, 2021 4:53 pm

Does Moody have a floater? I didn't see that in the video. If not that's something he should add to his toolbox this year (he's probably gonna pick that up by watching Steph anyway).

Return to Golden State Warriors