ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

bay2hk
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#1821 » by bay2hk » Sun Feb 5, 2023 8:35 am

Actually I’m now in favor of keeping wiseman to use as a salary filler for the KD trade this off-season. We’ll prob need to take on Simmons. Let’s also assume dray and donte opts out and leaves. Poole/Wiggins/wiseman/moody and 3 frps / 3 - 4 frp swaps for KD/Simmons. Our new lineup would be:

Curry/Ty Jerome
Klay/Rollins/Lester Q (2 way)
Simmons/Lamb/Santos (2 way)
KD/Kuminga
Looney/PBJ

Sign the rest of the roster with vet min and make another run. If there’s anyone that can rebuild simmon’s value it is Curry.
osx28
Sophomore
And1: 58

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#1822 » by osx28 » Sun Feb 5, 2023 3:56 pm

bay2hk wrote:Actually I’m now in favor of keeping wiseman to use as a salary filler for the KD trade this off-season. We’ll prob need to take on Simmons. Let’s also assume dray and donte opts out and leaves. Poole/Wiggins/wiseman/moody and 3 frps / 3 - 4 frp swaps for KD/Simmons. Our new lineup would be:

Curry/Ty Jerome
KD/Kuminga
Looney/PBJ

Sign the rest of the roster with vet min and make another run. If there’s anyone that can rebuild simmon’s value it is Curry.

if theres a way we can get seth in that deal, i'd feel better about it. Relying on Rollins and ty to back up steph and klay is playing with fire.
bay2hk
Pro Prospect

Post#1823 » by bay2hk » Sun Feb 5, 2023 4:29 pm

osx28 wrote:
bay2hk wrote:Actually I’m now in favor of keeping wiseman to use as a salary filler for the KD trade this off-season. We’ll prob need to take on Simmons. Let’s also assume dray and donte opts out and leaves. Poole/Wiggins/wiseman/moody and 3 frps / 3 - 4 frp swaps for KD/Simmons. Our new lineup would be:

Curry/Ty Jerome
KD/Kuminga
Looney/PBJ

if theres a way we can get seth in that deal, i'd feel better about it. Relying on Rollins and ty to back up steph and klay is playing with fire.

Seth is actually a FA this summer so we can sign him out right. I think the tax mle and bi-annual exception will be available to us. We could also bring the old gang back with d Lee and JTA as energy bench players
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,245

Post#1824 » by xdrta+ » Sun Feb 5, 2023 4:36 pm

bay2hk wrote:Seth is actually a FA this summer so we can sign him out right. I think the tax mle and bi-annual exception will be available to us. We could also bring the old gang back with d Lee and JTA as energy bench players

Teams above the Apron can't use the bi-annual exception.
weekend_warrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 352

Post#1825 » by weekend_warrior » Sun Feb 5, 2023 5:01 pm

Curry/Ty Jerome
KD/Kuminga
Looney/PBJ

This team is significantly worse and more top heavy than the last iteration of the Curry/KD_warriors, whose ultimate downfall was their health and the absolute lack of capable rotation players outside of the top guys.

Now add the current age of the main guys to the equation. That has the potential of a total disaster tbh.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#1826 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sun Feb 5, 2023 6:20 pm

Gsw gets

M.Thybulle
Javonte Green
Protected 1st from Bulls

2 switchy defenders that are good off ball as well, neither guy is getting consistent minutes.

Bulls get

Moody

Potentially their future sg for a low pick.

6ers get

J. Green
G. Dragon

Vet guys for their play off run
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#1827 » by clyde21 » Sun Feb 5, 2023 6:32 pm

it's just a bummer, been talking about trading for guys like Naz Reid, Jarred Vanderbilt and Isaiah Jackson for a while now, could've been had at a buy low rate, now our assets are at buy low and theirs are at buy high, and we're stuck with players that are bad fits here while we could've had players that are much better fits.

nothing worse than getting sentimental about your own players.

right now I see ZERO trades that will make a difference for this team this season. we have a some mission critical flaws that are not gonna get solved by trading for a 10-minute backup big.
bay2hk
Pro Prospect

Post#1828 » by bay2hk » Sun Feb 5, 2023 7:49 pm

weekend_warrior wrote:

Curry/Ty Jerome
KD/Kuminga
Looney/PBJ

This team is significantly worse and more top heavy than the last iteration of the Curry/KD_warriors, whose ultimate downfall was their health and the absolute lack of capable rotation players outside of the top guys.

Now add the current age of the main guys to the equation. That has the potential of a total disaster tbh.

This goes for every other championship team. If their top guys get injured during the playoffs then they’re likely out. A combination of curry/KD/klay will be a guarantee trip to the finals even if they’re in their mid 30’s. Kuminga, looney, and Simmons would provide front court D. Winning a championship involves some luck and KD would give us the best chance
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,420

Post#1829 » by Big J » Sun Feb 5, 2023 8:15 pm

KD is now officially on the block. We need to go all in on him to save our season.
DaHef
Pro Prospect
And1: 170

Post#1830 » by DaHef » Sun Feb 5, 2023 9:10 pm

Big J wrote:KD is now officially on the block. We need to go all in on him to save our season.

Does KD have a no trade clause he could use to point the Nets toward his desired destination?
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,420

Post#1831 » by Big J » Sun Feb 5, 2023 9:13 pm

DaHef wrote:
Big J wrote:KD is now officially on the block. We need to go all in on him to save our season.

Does KD have a no trade clause he could use to point the Nets toward his desired destination?

No.
osx28
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#1832 » by osx28 » Sun Feb 5, 2023 9:30 pm

Big J wrote:
DaHef wrote:

No.

He kinda really screwed himself the last few years huh? I honestly think had he stayed dubs would have won the past 2 years and would be the favorites this year. Instead, he got Kyrie s**t stains all over. How can anyone honestly say it was the right move to leave?
bay2hk
Pro Prospect

Post#1833 » by bay2hk » Sun Feb 5, 2023 10:17 pm

Really don't see a KD trade until offseason. Nets will probably try their best to win this year with KD. If nets can't get to the finals, then they will wait for the best KD offer.

We should now focus on gunning for KD in the offseason.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,895

Post#1834 » by whatisacenter » Mon Feb 6, 2023 2:20 am

I don't think the Warriors will make a trade but if they are not going to play Wiseman and Moody then I would be down for trading them for Isaiah Hartenstein who is under contract for next season and Cam Reddish who will be a RFA. Reddish looked good in the playoffs for Atlanta that one year and Hartenstein has given Jokic trouble in the past.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#1835 » by DAWill1128 » Mon Feb 6, 2023 2:41 am

This season has played out differently than we envisioned. I think Kuminga is up to speed where we thought he would be. But Wiseman and Moody were supposed to be valuable rotation players. Ty and Lamb have taken those minutes out of win now neccesity. Moody and Wiseman have not only not developed going forward from minutes but also lost trade value.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#1836 » by marthafokker » Mon Feb 6, 2023 2:51 pm

With Curry out and after the next few loses, we will be partying with LeBron and friends. Kerr better not have another SET of excuses to NOT play the puppies then.

I bett Kerr is working hard on his prepared speech right now.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#1837 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Mon Feb 6, 2023 6:51 pm

DAWill1128 wrote:This season has played out differently than we envisioned. I think Kuminga is up to speed where we thought he would be. But Wiseman and Moody were supposed to be valuable rotation players. Ty and Lamb have taken those minutes out of win now neccesity. Moody and Wiseman have not only not developed going forward from minutes but also lost trade value.

And there is no reason to play Wiseman or Moody this season. They've sucked and the Warriors desperately need every win they can get.

I don't care if they were highly rated out of high school. I could say the same thing about Skal Labissiere, Diamond Stone, Dakari Johnson, Cameron Ridley, Samardo Samuels and many other players.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,700

Post#1838 » by Warriorfan » Mon Feb 6, 2023 6:56 pm

Revisit KD for Poole Wiggins 1st.

Lamb Jerome sign reg team contracts
bay2hk
Pro Prospect

Post#1839 » by bay2hk » Mon Feb 6, 2023 7:08 pm

With Rollins out for the rest of the year can we just do a Wiseman / Rollins trade for an expiring vet?

Need to open up another roster spot to sign an extra guard. Possibly John Wall?
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#1840 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Mon Feb 6, 2023 7:37 pm

Well, if you want to blow it up...

TO GSW
Kevin Durant
Ben Simmons
Spencer Dinwiddie
Evan Fournier
Isaiah Hartenstein

TO BRK
Andrew Wiggins
Julius Randle
Derrick Rose
Jordan Poole

TO NYK
Klay Thompson
Draymond Green
James Wisman

New 15 man roster

C Kevon Looney
F Ben Simmons
F Kevin Durant
G Spencer Dinwiddie
G Stephen Curry

Donte DiVincenzo
Jonathan Kuminga
Isaiah Hartenstein
Anthony Lamb
Evan Fournier
JaMychal Green
Ty Jerome
Andre Iguodala
Patrick Baldwin Jr.
Ryan Rollins
Moses Moody
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.

Return to Golden State Warriors