ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,249

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#361 » by xdrta+ » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:57 am

cdubbz wrote:I would do Draymond for Simmons now. Especially if Simmons is forcing it.

You'd have to add about another $3M, something like Moody or Looney. Doesn't sound that good to me, but maybe does to others.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,950

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#362 » by whatisacenter » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:57 am

xdrta+ wrote:
cdubbz wrote:I would do Draymond for Simmons now. Especially if Simmons is forcing it.

You'd have to add about another $3M, something like Moody or Looney. Doesn't sound that good to me, but maybe does to others.

It felt like the Warriors might have had some interest in Simmons early on but it seems like they have locked in with this roster except for maybe adding a backup PG or a big. If they moved Draymond, Philly would be an awkward fit with both he and Ben being Klutch guys.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#363 » by FNQ » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:36 am

The guy who's quitting on his team after playing poorly in the playoffs for the heart and soul of our team for the past 8 years.. I'm gonna pass on that

Talent is great and all but this is a team thats always been greater than the sum of their parts, and Simmons has not shown that ability, nor has he made any legitimate improvements to his game since he entered the league. I thought him and the Wolves were a perfect pairing, because either he and KAT motivate/complement each other perfectly, or the Wolves inherit another talented player that isn't going to help them win

Just like with Iguodala back in the day.. there's almost no trade where we deal Draymond and become a better team for it
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#364 » by whatisacenter » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:57 pm

FNQ wrote:

The guy who's quitting on his team after playing poorly in the playoffs for the heart and soul of our team for the past 8 years.. I'm gonna pass on that

Talent is great and all but this is a team thats always been greater than the sum of their parts, and Simmons has not shown that ability, nor has he made any legitimate improvements to his game since he entered the league. I thought him and the Wolves were a perfect pairing, because either he and KAT motivate/complement each other perfectly, or the Wolves inherit another talented player that isn't going to help them win

Just like with Iguodala back in the day.. there's almost no trade where we deal Draymond and become a better team for it

Lacob doesn't seem to like the fit and is not one to just say things for no reason. I think the Warriors are out of the picture.
“In some ways, it doesn’t really fit what we’re doing. He makes a lot of money. And, can he finish games? I don’t know,” said Lacob. “He’s very talented. The problem is: We have Draymond. Draymond and him are very similar in the sense that neither one really shoots and they do a lot of the playmaking. That’s one issue. The salary structure is another.”

Read on Twitter
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,396

Post#365 » by GSWFan1994 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:03 pm

Lacob couldn't be clearer than that... still, some posters will try to find a parallel universe meaning and say that he's playing 137D chess in some weird negotiation tactic.
parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,614

Post#366 » by parsnips33 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:14 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:Lacob couldn't be clearer than that... still, some posters will try to find a parallel universe meaning and say that he's playing 137D chess in some weird negotiation tactic.

Unfortunately I think you are right. This basically kills the dream

Not really sure why Lacob has to run his mouth so much, would be nice to have an owner who didn't feel he had to be the center of attention
parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,614

Post#367 » by parsnips33 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:21 pm

I think I remember seeing reports that Warriors FO was split on Simmons. Obviously Lacob is against. I'm curious who the biggest Simmons booster within the organization was, if there even was one
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#368 » by shazam_guy » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:17 pm

Lacob's right, though. It doesn't really seem worth talking about all that much. Simmons doesn't fit where we are now. And we can't afford him without a lot of very major changes to the roster.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#369 » by whatisacenter » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:33 pm

Thank goodness he lasted long enough to trade Wiggins and a pick that ended up being Kuminga for dLo! :lol:
Read on Twitter
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#370 » by xdrta+ » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:15 pm

Read on Twitter
/photo/1
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#371 » by and1GS » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:07 am

whatisacenter wrote:Thank goodness he lasted long enough to trade Wiggins and a pick that ended up being Kuminga for dLo! :lol:
Read on Twitter

What a disastrous trade that ended up being for them. Even at the time I thought we won handedly, but IMO I'd much rather have Wiggins than D'Angelo...without even mentioning they basically make the same $$. Add Kuminga in and wow, what a flop.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
his_airness
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#372 » by his_airness » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:38 pm

SIAP. Just saw on the news that Joe Lacob was fined $50 K for tampering on Ben Simmons. Sounds like Dubs won't move on Simmons.

'Via The San Francisco Chronicle:

“In some ways, it doesn’t really fit what we’re doing. He makes a lot of money. And, can he finish games? I don’t know,” Lacob said. “He’s very talented. The problem is: We have Draymond. Draymond and him are very similar in the sense that neither one really shoots and they do a lot of the playmaking. That’s one issue. The salary structure is another.”'

"Throughout the offseason, the Warriors have been one of the teams linked to Simmons in different rumors and trade chatter. Around the NBA draft, Golden State reportedly turned down Philadelphia’s offer in a trade that included Simmons.

With the season quickly approaching paired with Lacob’s recent remarks, a trade that sends Simmons to the Bay Area seems unlikely."

https://warriorswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/22/nba-fining-warriors-owner-joe-lacob-50k-for-violating-anti-tampering-rule-regarding-ben-simmons-comments/
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Post#373 » by wco81 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:53 pm

Lacob has a big mouth.

Good thing for him he also have a big bank account.

Maybe keep a lower profile? Avoid the desire to be Jerry Jones or Mark Cuban?
Eric Bieniemy
Pro Prospect
And1: 575

Post#374 » by Eric Bieniemy » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:58 pm

As contenders, I'm admittedly not sure why Phila would be interested in this deal, but from a talent standpoint it seems fair:

Wiggins, Kuminga, Moody for Simmons and Seth Curry ... add filler and/or draft picks on either side.

PG - Curry - Simmons
SG - Thompson - Curry
C - Gasol - Wiseman
PF - Green - Bjelica
SF - Porter - Iguodala
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#375 » by watch1958 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:03 pm

Eric Bieniemy wrote:As contenders, I'm admittedly not sure why Phila would be interested in this deal, but from a talent standpoint it seems fair:

Wiggins, Kuminga, Moody for Simmons and Seth Curry ... add filler and/or draft picks on either side.

PG - Curry - Simmons
SG - Thompson - Curry
C - Gasol - Wiseman
PF - Green - Bjelica
SF - Porter - Iguodala
No, that doesn’t really grab my interest.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#376 » by and1GS » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:41 pm

It's really sad that I think that's a bad trade for us. Not on pure talent, but on fit short and long term.

Also, I feel like Philly really values Seth. He was their second best player in the playoffs.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Eric Bieniemy
Pro Prospect
And1: 575

Post#377 » by Eric Bieniemy » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:53 am

and1GS wrote:It's really sad that I think that's a bad trade for us. Not on pure talent, but on fit short and long term.

Also, I feel like Philly really values Seth. He was their second best player in the playoffs.

What fit issue?

I have Simmons off the bench in name only. He'd act as Livingston on steroids, playing literally every position nightly. Most importantly, he'd be tutored by Iguodala and Green. He could start, but I think in the beginning he'd be best served as a super sub, similar to Lamar Odom during the Lakers' run.

Gasol, Seth Curry, and Porter are all seamless fits, while Wiseman gets to be brought along slowly with Simmons and Green getting a ton of minutes at center.
his_airness
Ballboy

Post#378 » by his_airness » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:13 am

It seems like there's rumors of trading Wigs and has nothing to do with BS. I'm okay with trading him over not getting the vaccine, but for whom?

"Stephen A.: Warriors should trade Wiggins over vaccine issue originally appeared on NBC Sports Bayarea

With the Warriors set to open training camp next week ahead of the 2021-22 NBA season, they have a bit of a conundrum on their hands.

Forward Andrew Wiggins told reporters in March that he had no plans to get the COVID-19 vaccine unless he was forced to, and Wednesday, The San Francisco Chronicle's Rusty Simmons reported, citing NBA sources, that the Warriors are growing increasingly concerned about the early-season availability of the 26-year-old because he remains unvaccinated.

Wiggins' decision not to get vaccinated against COVID-19 is an issue for the Warriors because the city of San Francisco instituted on Aug. 20 that anyone, 12 and older, entering a bar, restaurant, club, gym, large indoor event or any other business serving food or drinks indoors must show proof of vaccination.

If Wiggins holds firm in his decision not to get the vaccine, he could be forced to miss all Warriors home games at Chase Center this season."

I'm fine with keeping Wigs, but if he won't get the vaccine and can't play at home, then it changes things.

https://sports.yahoo.com/stephen-warriors-trade-andrew-wiggins-205640972.html
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#379 » by xdrta+ » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:11 am

his_airness wrote:It seems like there's rumors of trading Wigs and has nothing to do with BS. I'm okay with trading him over not getting the vaccine, but for whom?

"Stephen A.: Warriors should trade Wiggins over vaccine issue originally appeared on NBC Sports Bayarea

With the Warriors set to open training camp next week ahead of the 2021-22 NBA season, they have a bit of a conundrum on their hands.

Forward Andrew Wiggins told reporters in March that he had no plans to get the COVID-19 vaccine unless he was forced to, and Wednesday, The San Francisco Chronicle's Rusty Simmons reported, citing NBA sources, that the Warriors are growing increasingly concerned about the early-season availability of the 26-year-old because he remains unvaccinated.

Wiggins' decision not to get vaccinated against COVID-19 is an issue for the Warriors because the city of San Francisco instituted on Aug. 20 that anyone, 12 and older, entering a bar, restaurant, club, gym, large indoor event or any other business serving food or drinks indoors must show proof of vaccination.

If Wiggins holds firm in his decision not to get the vaccine, he could be forced to miss all Warriors home games at Chase Center this season."

I'm fine with keeping Wigs, but if he won't get the vaccine and can't play at home, then it changes things.

Who is going to trade for someone who refuses to get vaccinated? Most cities have some sort of restrictions, even if they're not as strict as SF or NYC, though who knows what sort of rules will be put in place down the road? That's a pretty big risk to take (at his salary) not to mention the risk of protocols, quarantines, and just spreading the virus. I can't see many teams signing up for that.
his_airness
Ballboy

Post#380 » by his_airness » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:59 am

xdrta+ wrote:
his_airness wrote:It seems like there's rumors of trading Wigs and has nothing to do with BS. I'm okay with trading him over not getting the vaccine, but for whom?

Who is going to trade for someone who refuses to get vaccinated? Most cities have some sort of restrictions, even if they're not as strict as SF or NYC, though who knows what sort of rules will be put in place down the road? That's a pretty big risk to take (at his salary) not to mention the risk of protocols, quarantines, and just spreading the virus. I can't see many teams signing up for that.

I've heard this today from a couple of European persons. The drug cos are making big bucks from the vaccine. If one looks at it from anti-vax views, then Ivermecitin which is known over 40 years, has almost no side effects, and has been prescribed over billion times in almost any country can stop covid-19. However, in the West it is prohibited now. Why? Many think it's because Ivermecitin can cure covid-19 and stop the "fake" pandemic within a few hours. Is this Wigs reason? I don't know because he hasn't said anything, but it's a good as reason for being anti-vaxx.

Return to Golden State Warriors