ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,944

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#381 » by whatisacenter » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:07 pm

his_airness wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
his_airness wrote:It seems like there's rumors of trading Wigs and has nothing to do with BS. I'm okay with trading him over not getting the vaccine, but for whom?

"Stephen A.: Warriors should trade Wiggins over vaccine issue originally appeared on NBC Sports Bayarea

With the Warriors set to open training camp next week ahead of the 2021-22 NBA season, they have a bit of a conundrum on their hands.

Forward Andrew Wiggins told reporters in March that he had no plans to get the COVID-19 vaccine unless he was forced to, and Wednesday, The San Francisco Chronicle's Rusty Simmons reported, citing NBA sources, that the Warriors are growing increasingly concerned about the early-season availability of the 26-year-old because he remains unvaccinated.

Wiggins' decision not to get vaccinated against COVID-19 is an issue for the Warriors because the city of San Francisco instituted on Aug. 20 that anyone, 12 and older, entering a bar, restaurant, club, gym, large indoor event or any other business serving food or drinks indoors must show proof of vaccination.

If Wiggins holds firm in his decision not to get the vaccine, he could be forced to miss all Warriors home games at Chase Center this season."

I'm fine with keeping Wigs, but if he won't get the vaccine and can't play at home, then it changes things.

https://sports.yahoo.com/stephen-warriors-trade-andrew-wiggins-205640972.html

Who is going to trade for someone who refuses to get vaccinated? Most cities have some sort of restrictions, even if they're not as strict as SF or NYC, though who knows what sort of rules will be put in place down the road? That's a pretty big risk to take (at his salary) not to mention the risk of protocols, quarantines, and just spreading the virus. I can't see many teams signing up for that.

I've heard this today from a couple of European persons. The drug cos are making big bucks from the vaccine. If one looks at it from anti-vax views, then Ivermecitin which is known over 40 years, has almost no side effects, and has been prescribed over billion times in almost any country can stop covid-19. However, in the West it is prohibited now. Why? Many think it's because Ivermecitin can cure covid-19 and stop the "fake" pandemic within a few hours. Is this Wigs reason? I don't know because he hasn't said anything, but it's a good as reason for being anti-vaxx.

well if the persons were european then you can take it to the bank. eyeroll.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#382 » by FNQ » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:08 pm

It is not a good reason. It is a very, very stupid conspiracy theory and tbh sounds like a pitch for Ivermectin (the spelling you provided would indicate penicillin being included; it’s not), which again, just like HCQ, is at best a neutral medication.

This all started because Peru got desperate early in the pandemic and religious groups pushed this crap as “the alternate to a vaccine” despite it showing no indications of doing so, as well as injections causing necrosis.

I’ll put it this way: the well-informed people would lose all faith in the FDA if they pushed this drug in any way based on clinical results. Anti-vaxxers lost faith in the FDA for not pushing HCQ and now this drug.

Choose your fighter
parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,614

Post#383 » by parsnips33 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:33 pm

I still can't believe our billionaire owner said he won't trade for an all-star because he makes too much money. What a joke
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#384 » by and1GS » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:26 pm

Eric Bieniemy wrote:
and1GS wrote:It's really sad that I think that's a bad trade for us. Not on pure talent, but on fit short and long term.

Also, I feel like Philly really values Seth. He was their second best player in the playoffs.

What fit issue?

I have Simmons off the bench in name only. He'd act as Livingston on steroids, playing literally every position nightly. Most importantly, he'd be tutored by Iguodala and Green. He could start, but I think in the beginning he'd be best served as a super sub, similar to Lamar Odom during the Lakers' run.

Gasol, Seth Curry, and Porter are all seamless fits, while Wiseman gets to be brought along slowly with Simmons and Green getting a ton of minutes at center.

So we're trading for a guy making 30m/year for the next 4 seasons (capping at 40m) so he can start on the bench?

When Odom was with the Lakers he was making high end bench player money, not core superstar money so it's not a great comparison in reality. If you're taking on that kind of salary you are either pulling an OKC or shoving that guy into the starting lineup and building most of your offense/defense around them.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 852

Post#385 » by DevinVassell » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:28 pm

parsnips33 wrote:I still can't believe our billionaire owner said he won't trade for an all-star because he makes too much money. What a joke

You could argue that the FO hasn't done a good job balancing/managing the roster but anybody who expects the Warriors to take on even more money needs to come back to reality.

Again we have the highest payroll in the league. Higher than all the other 29 teams. Geez, talk about entitled fans...
parsnips33
Head Coach

Post#386 » by parsnips33 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:52 pm

DevinVassell wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:I still can't believe our billionaire owner said he won't trade for an all-star because he makes too much money. What a joke

You could argue that the FO hasn't done a good job balancing/managing the roster but anybody who expects the Warriors to take on even more money needs to come back to reality.

Again we have the highest payroll in the league. Higher than all the other 29 teams. Geez, talk about entitled fans...

That's all well and good, but an owner saying he wouldn't want to trade for an all-star because he "makes a lot of money" doesn't sit right with me

I don't mind if Lacob whines about the big costs associated with owning an elite sports franchise, but he shouldn't do it publicly
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#387 » by FNQ » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:04 pm

parsnips33 wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:

That's all well and good, but an owner saying he wouldn't want to trade for an all-star because he "makes a lot of money" doesn't sit right with me

I don't mind if Lacob whines about the big costs associated with owning an elite sports franchise, but he shouldn't do it publicly

He could be silent like Cohan was and just not pay anyone
parsnips33
Head Coach

Post#388 » by parsnips33 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:10 pm

FNQ wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:

As long as those are the only 2 options!
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#389 » by FNQ » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:24 pm

parsnips33 wrote:
FNQ wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:

Those have been our 2 only options

We've paid more in taxes than anyone but the second Lacob puts a cap on it, a higher cap than anyone in the league.. the grousing begins? Sure..
parsnips33
Head Coach

Post#390 » by parsnips33 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:47 pm

FNQ wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:
FNQ wrote:

We've paid more in taxes than anyone but the second Lacob puts a cap on it, a higher cap than anyone in the league.. the grousing begins? Sure..

The guy has more money than everybody on this forum combined times 1,000. Am I being hard on him? Maybe, but no harder than people on this site were on Oubre, Bazemore, etc.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#391 » by FNQ » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:10 pm

parsnips33 wrote:
FNQ wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:

The guy has more money than everybody on this forum combined times 1,000. Am I being hard on him? Maybe, but no harder than people on this site were on Oubre, Bazemore, etc.

His net worth 1.2B, so I kinda doubt that

Also, if you think critiquing Bazemore and Oubre's on-court performance is the same as critiquing Lacob for not spending more money on a player that doesn't even fit, after already spending by far the most money in the league the past 5 years.. ok, have fun with that logical fallacy. Makes it easier to know who's opinion to handwave off because they're just waiting for an opportunity for their pre-packaged gripe
parsnips33
Head Coach

Post#392 » by parsnips33 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:28 pm

FNQ wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:
FNQ wrote:

His net worth 1.2B, so I kinda doubt that

Also, if you think critiquing Bazemore and Oubre's on-court performance is the same as critiquing Lacob for not spending more money on a player that doesn't even fit, after already spending by far the most money in the league the past 5 years.. ok, have fun with that logical fallacy. Makes it easier to know who's opinion to handwave off because they're just waiting for an opportunity for their pre-packaged gripe

It's literally his job to write checks. If he's gonna whine about that maybe he should just put the money into stocks or something, much safer return.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#393 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:58 pm

Hello all, Nets fan here. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on my latest proposal, which could address both your payroll and the more, um, pernicious concern (executable starting November 2nd):

https://fanspo.com/nba/s/nets/trades/SzVkz6FJ8x7l1I/revised-brk-gsw-phi

BRK trades Irving for Simmons/Maxey/22GSW1st/23PHI1st/27PHI1st
Brooklyn retools with youth and defense.
Harden, Harris, Durant, Simmons, Griffin
Mills, Maxey, Brown, Millsap, Aldridge

GSW trades Wiggins/22GSW1st for Green/Curry
Golden State shaves $13mil from their payroll, along with ~$60mil in repeater tax penalties, while adding efficient role players around their contending core.
Curry, Poole, Green, Green, Looney
Curry, Lee, Iguodala, Porter, Bjelica

PHI trades Simmons/Green/Curry/Maxey/23PHI1st/27PHI1st for Irving/Wiggins
Philadelphia capitalizes on regulation leniency to break into the upper echelon of contenders.
Irving, Thybulle, Wiggins, Harris, Embiid
Milton, Springer, Korkmaz, Reed, Drummond
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#394 » by FNQ » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:05 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:Hello all, Nets fan here. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on my latest proposal, which could address both your payroll and the more, um, pernicious concern (executable starting November 2nd):

Golden State shaves $13mil from their payroll, along with ~$60mil in repeater tax penalties, while adding efficient role players around their contending core.

Philadelphia capitalizes on regulation leniency to break into the upper echelon of contenders.

Nets do especially well here, and while I don't hate the idea of Danny Green/Seth Curry coming back, I'm not willing to risk a 1st on it. If its lotto protected, I could see it. I'd also be looking for a 4th team to try and trade Curry for a defensive-based SF.. he mentioned before not playing with Steph, and Seth/Poole on the same team is very redundant for what we do. Wiggins had to cover a ton of ground for our defense and his replacement will as well, and Green simply doesnt have the juice for that anymore

All that said, probably one of the better offers Ive seen so far
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#395 » by ChuckDurn » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:57 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:Hello all, Nets fan here. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on my latest proposal, which could address both your payroll and the more, um, pernicious concern (executable starting November 2nd):

I think a Curry / Curry / Green / Green / Bjelica lineup on the court would drive announcers crazy.

But ignoring the Wiggins vaccine situation for a moment, I wouldn’t consider this deal whatsoever. We basically would have no starting-level SF’s on the roster (Danny Green is too small, aging, etc……) and not nearly enough athleticism. Seth Curry and Danny Green are both shooting guards, and while I know Klay is going to be out at the start of the year, we don’t need 2 more shooting guards at the expense of a starting SF.

If Seth or Danny could be re-routed for a SF that could start, maybe. But otherwise, it’s an easy no for me.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Post#396 » by wco81 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:04 am

Yeah not appealing at all.

And Kyrie won't report to his new team so the deal would be blown up anyways.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#397 » by watch1958 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:23 am

:lol: Maybe the Warriors could play home games back at Oracle
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,837

Post#398 » by cdubbz » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:30 am

Warriors get: Buddy Hield & Tristan Thompson

Kings get: Andrew Wiggins.

Obviously Kings won’t want Wiggins & Barnes so...

Warriors get: Harrison Barnes, Tristan Thompson & Harkless

Kings get: Andrew Wiggins

Barnes, TT have shorter contracts than Wiggins. We add depth again and veterans to the roster
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#399 » by azwfan » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:43 am

parsnips33 wrote:
FNQ wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:

If this is true y’all really need to buy a used car now and then and maybe not go out to dinner so much. Im guessing most here live in the bay area and should knock my net worth out of the park... unless its a bunch of debt ridden recent college grads in here.

FNQ, CPH, and Sleepy gotta be well over $1m net worth each. I trail behind but not doing too bad myself despite the lower pay in the desert. Maybe we need to VTB all the kids in 50k+ debt so they dont drag down our big 3.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#400 » by Bayside » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:53 am

parsnips33 wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:

To be fair. he said there are two reasons why this isn't something they jumped at. Your correct his contract is one reason. and the other was , they felt he didn't fit. I think that lines up with a lot of peoples thoughts. Of course people then can argue simmons as the centre. And then if he is the centre and out of position, his contract is to high considering what they want to pay for the 5.

Return to Golden State Warriors