ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

weekend_warrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 349

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#41 » by weekend_warrior » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:05 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Please please PLEASE explain to me why that happened...other than Ben Simmons? Offensive and defensive rating shot up with him on the team.

They went from a garbage team with a rookie Embiid that played only 31 games (only #11 in total minutes played on the roster), heavily featuring Stauskas, McConnell, Saric and Gerald freakin Henderson to a much better team. A part of this is Simmons, yes. A significant part is more Embiid, adding Reddick and generally more experience.

That being said, I don't doubt Simmons as a solid RS performer. In the POs he becomes useless though. And he doesn't fit to our roster at all.
michaelwarner
Junior
And1: 42

Post#42 » by michaelwarner » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:10 pm

FNQ wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:
FNQ wrote:The Lakers acquiring Russ... lol holy ****

Find your casual fan friends right now and make a bet on the Lakers not winning the Finals.. I bet they do it.

So love this trade for the Warriors....:) :) :)

It also means Beal is quite possibly on the move, which isnt great for us

Woj just reported (I won''t subject the board to my glitches) that the deal was made with Beal in mind. Clears $25 million off their books for next season. Marcus Thompson just tweeted that he heard Beal is staying in DC.
michaelwarner
Junior
And1: 42

Post#43 » by michaelwarner » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:16 pm

"Assuming this goes through, a game-changing deal for the Wizards. As in, EVERYTHING. Future flexibility. Multiple solid vets. Unlocks Avdija’s potential as a secondary ballhandler/playmaker. And, builds the case to Beal to stay-for a potential max deal that’s now more tenable."-David Aldridge.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#44 » by FNQ » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:18 pm

michaelwarner wrote:"Assuming this goes through, a game-changing deal for the Wizards. As in, EVERYTHING. Future flexibility. Multiple solid vets. Unlocks Avdija’s potential as a secondary ballhandler/playmaker. And, builds the case to Beal to stay-for a potential max deal that’s now more tenable."-David Aldridge.

Yup, everyone piling on saying Beal is staying in DC. That's one bullet dodged

Although with the likelihood of Moody at 7 tumbling, Beal was my 3rd favorite option in terms of what to do with the 7.. Moody 1st, Wagner 2nd, Beal 3rd. Only because the 4th option was Kuminga and the 5th option was Monta
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#45 » by FNQ » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:20 pm

BTW, Washington just got better right? Kuzma, KCP, Harrell? Plus a 1st? What a come up.. Lakers went for star power, LeBron GMing like it was 5 years ago
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#46 » by Commodor » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:23 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Year prior to Ben Simmons first year with Philly....WITH EMBIID...26-56
The next year WITH Ben Simmons...53-29.

Please please PLEASE explain to me why that happened...other than Ben Simmons?

Lol are you referring to the season when Embiid played 31/82 total games and 25mpg (5 less than his career average).
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#47 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:14 pm

FNQ wrote:BTW, Washington just got better right? Kuzma, KCP, Harrell? Plus a 1st? What a come up.. Lakers went for star power, LeBron GMing like it was 5 years ago

Looking forward to LeGM re-signing Schroeder for stupid money and not being able to trade him and ending up with Russ, Schroeder, LeBron, AD, Gasol and nothing else. Then we get to watch the ball hogging and the nagging injuries lead to excuses.
Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Post#48 » by Mob Byers » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:18 pm

Would Derrick Favors be an upgrade over Looney? Haven't payed close attention to him over the last few years. Utah fans seemed to have really liked him, high character guy. Looney has value as he knows the system and switches pretty well on D.

But would it be worth it to send him out with some min guys and likely some sort of future pick for Favors?

Then go after Chriss or Theis in FA, bigs who can shoot stretch the floor a bit? Or would most want to stay put with Looney?
weekend_warrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 349

Post#49 » by weekend_warrior » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:16 pm

I think Favors is basically the old mans version of Looney, but quite a bit more expensive. Makes no sense for me to consider this.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#50 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:11 pm

Commodor wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:Year prior to Ben Simmons first year with Philly....WITH EMBIID...26-56
The next year WITH Ben Simmons...53-29.

Please please PLEASE explain to me why that happened...other than Ben Simmons?

Lol are you referring to the season when Embiid played 31/82 total games and 25mpg (5 less than his career average).

Thank you for the correction. I see that Embiid was injured in prior year as well so it was both of them that came together to make the difference.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#51 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:12 pm

Mob Byers wrote:Would Derrick Favors be an upgrade over Looney? Haven't payed close attention to him over the last few years. Utah fans seemed to have really liked him, high character guy. Looney has value as he knows the system and switches pretty well on D.

But would it be worth it to send him out with some min guys and likely some sort of future pick for Favors?

Then go after Chriss or Theis in FA, bigs who can shoot stretch the floor a bit? Or would most want to stay put with Looney?

Hmmm....I don't think so...but he is more of a beast. Kind of like Zaza right?
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,321

Post#52 » by NeoWarriors » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:32 pm

Favors seems like his knees are shot. He's only 30 years old but plays like he's 50. Kind of like Kevon.

Sent from my Golden State Warriors Protoast Elite toaster using RealGM mobile app
Mob Byers
Rookie

Post#53 » by Mob Byers » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:41 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
Mob Byers wrote:Would Derrick Favors be an upgrade over Looney? Haven't payed close attention to him over the last few years. Utah fans seemed to have really liked him, high character guy. Looney has value as he knows the system and switches pretty well on D.

Hmmm....I don't think so...but he is more of a beast. Kind of like Zaza right?

Slightly better rebounder, better on offense, better shot blocker. At least that's what Im seeing in a few youtube videos.

I just don't think he has the switch-ability Looney has, although I saw several possessions where he was switched on Ja and held his own.

Otherwise they seem pretty similar. Looney being 5 years younger and a guy that knows are system might make it not worth it.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#54 » by HiRez » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:10 pm

Do we have enough to trade for Myles Turner without giving up Kuminga/Moody/Poole?

GS in
C Myles Turner
SF T.J. Warren
PG Aaron Holiday

IND in
C James Wiseman
SF Andrew Wiggins
PF Eric Paschall
Multiple first round picks and/or pick swaps, second round picks

The A. Holiday for Nico swap is mainly to make the salaries work on Trade Machine (but IDK if it's necessary), and I think Holiday is a bit better shooter and a bit more ready to contribute immediately as backup PG.

Curry | A. Holiday | Poole | Mulder
Klay | Poole | Moody | Batum? | Lee | Mulder
Warren | Batum? | Kuminga | Moody | Lee
Draymond | JTA | Warren | Looney | Chriss? | Kuminga
Turner | Looney | Chriss? | JTA | Kuminga | Smailagic

Come on, you can't tell me that team isn't a championship contender immediately AND has pieces to develop for the future. They're neutral to plus to elite at every starting position, with lots of positional versatility to plug holes from injury or optimize matchups. Good mix of offensive firepower and defense. Every starter shoots 78% or better FT% so no one is unplayable in crunch time. I sure as hell wouldn't want any part of that team in the playoffs.

I suspect Indiana would ask for more, but we don't really know. I might even include Poole if necessary (Moody can replace some of what he gives you offensively and will be much better defensively) but they already have LeVert, Lamb, and Duarte at SG so it doesn't make sense for them.

Having said that, I'm OK rolling with what we got right now because I don't really want to give up Wiseman or Wiggins.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#55 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:14 pm

Favors is an upgrade for post defense, rebounding, and post offense and a downgrade on perimeter defense, passing, screening.

But the conversation ends with the fact the Warriors probably can't afford him.
Mob Byers
Rookie

Post#56 » by Mob Byers » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:33 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:

Favors is an upgrade for post defense, rebounding, and post offense and a downgrade on perimeter defense, passing, screening.

But the conversation ends with the fact the Warriors probably can't afford him.

They can easily afford him with Looney/Smiley/Mulder, I was just wondering if it was even worth it

If you mean "afford" in regards to $$$ that is
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#57 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:33 am

Probably already covered on here but Bob made it clear they would not be sign and trade with Oubre to get a player back....just too costly.
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,321

Post#58 » by NeoWarriors » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:39 am

HiRez wrote:Do we have enough to trade for Myles Turner without giving up Kuminga/Moody/Poole?

GS in
C Myles Turner
SF T.J. Warren
PG Aaron Holiday

IND in
C James Wiseman
SF Andrew Wiggins
PF Eric Paschall
Multiple first round picks and/or pick swaps, second round picks

The A. Holiday for Nico swap is mainly to make the salaries work on Trade Machine (but IDK if it's necessary), and I think Holiday is a bit better shooter and a bit more ready to contribute immediately as backup PG.

Curry | A. Holiday | Poole | Mulder
Klay | Poole | Moody | Batum? | Lee | Mulder
Warren | Batum? | Kuminga | Moody | Lee
Draymond | JTA | Warren | Looney | Chriss? | Kuminga
Turner | Looney | Chriss? | JTA | Kuminga | Smailagic

Come on, you can't tell me that team isn't a championship contender immediately AND has pieces to develop for the future. They're neutral to plus to elite at every starting position, with lots of positional versatility to plug holes from injury or optimize matchups. Good mix of offensive firepower and defense. Every starter shoots 78% or better FT% so no one is unplayable in crunch time. I sure as hell wouldn't want any part of that team in the playoffs.

I suspect Indiana would ask for more, but we don't really know. I might even include Poole if necessary (Moody can replace some of what he gives you offensively and will be much better defensively) but they already have LeVert, Lamb, and Duarte at SG so it doesn't make sense for them.

Having said that, I'm OK rolling with what we got right now because I don't really want to give up Wiseman or Wiggins.
Aaron Holiday was traded to the Wizards on draft night.

Sent from my Golden State Warriors Protoast Elite toaster using RealGM mobile app
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#59 » by ChuckDurn » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:35 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
FNQ wrote:BTW, Washington just got better right? Kuzma, KCP, Harrell? Plus a 1st? What a come up.. Lakers went for star power, LeBron GMing like it was 5 years ago

Looking forward to LeGM re-signing Schroeder for stupid money and not being able to trade him and ending up with Russ, Schroeder, LeBron, AD, Gasol and nothing else. Then we get to watch the ball hogging and the nagging injuries lead to excuses.

I’m pretty sure Schroeder would have no real interest in re-signing with the Lakers, knowing he’d be behind Westbrook. I think the most they can hope for is to somehow work a sign-and-trade when Schroeder inevitably goes somewhere else.

So I think the deal for the Lakers effectively became Westbrook for Kuzma, Harrell, KCP, Schroeder, and Isaiah Jackson (drafted with the 22nd pick). Yeesh……. Really bad for the Lakers, IMO, who are going to struggle when their opponents stick 5 defenders in the paint and say “go ahead…… beat me from outside. I dare you.”

(And related, I think the expected deal of Kuzma + Harrell for Hield would have been much better for the Lakers, even if they’d added the #22 pick. I think Sacramento really expected that deal to go through, which would have started the roster balancing I think they planned to do with the intent of drafting Mitchell. Now they still need to find a way to deal Hield for frontcourt players, but once they do, a guard rotation of Fox, Haliburton, and Mitchell won’t be fun for anybody to play against on either end of the court for the next few years.)
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,453

Post#60 » by whocurrz » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:07 pm

Rumor is Miami is interested in Oubre. If they use their cap space to get Lowry and decide to go all in they may want our help in a Sign and Trade. Could get a TPE
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."

Return to Golden State Warriors