ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,025

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#401 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:59 pm

parsnips33 wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:I still can't believe our billionaire owner said he won't trade for an all-star because he makes too much money. What a joke

You could argue that the FO hasn't done a good job balancing/managing the roster but anybody who expects the Warriors to take on even more money needs to come back to reality.

Again we have the highest payroll in the league. Higher than all the other 29 teams. Geez, talk about entitled fans...

That's all well and good, but an owner saying he wouldn't want to trade for an all-star because he "makes a lot of money" doesn't sit right with me

I don't mind if Lacob whines about the big costs associated with owning an elite sports franchise, but he shouldn't do it publicly

Players not on their team being overpaid is not something the person signing the checks can talk about?
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 858

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#402 » by DevinVassell » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:46 pm

Philadelphia
Wiggins
Haliburton
Sac future 1st
GS future 1st

Golden State
Barnes
T. Thompson
Thybulle

Sacramento
Simmons
Mulder

Anybody like this?... Fair?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#403 » by FNQ » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:32 am

If we have to deal Wiggins, I like that deal a lot more than not. Sacramento paying a hefty, hefty price for Simmons though. Ultimately I dont think Simmons nets a first unless the 76ers take back a bad contract

But Thybulle is the problem. He's not an offensive player, obviously. But we need him for defense if Wiggins is gone. But already playing Green/Simmons is a problem, and then adding Thybulle to that too? Gonna be rough offensively.

Unless there's a swap where we go from Wiggins to Barnes almost straight up, I'm at the point where I'd rather just sit Wiggins and hope that SF's rules are loosened before the end of the year. Give Moody and Kuminga more PT, why not.. I mean the truth is that we weren't going to be full strength until Klay comes back 100% anyways, so the first couple months, all we have to do is not go in the ****
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 858

Post#404 » by DevinVassell » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:02 am

^ You're right, that would be a lot of non-offense... but you wouldn't be adding Thybulle to Green/Simmons as Simmons is traded to Sac.

The whole deal hinges around Thybulle for me and the reason I originally thought of it. Offense is a work in progress but a legit defensive player of the year candidate and only 24.

Pretty sure Wiggs will jab up though, although I kind of wish he wouldn't.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#405 » by FNQ » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:55 am

DevinVassell wrote:^ You're right, that would be a lot of non-offense... but you wouldn't be adding Thybulle to Green/Simmons as Simmons is traded to Sac.

The whole deal hinges around Thybulle for me and the reason I originally thought of it. Offense is a work in progress but a legit defensive player of the year candidate and only 24.

Pretty sure Wiggs will jab up though, although I kind of wish he wouldn't.

Yup totally read that wrong.

I also kinda like the idea of bringing in Tristan, because he can do the minimal things we ask from our Cs traditionally. Upon a better review from my end, I actually really like the trade all the way through. But Sacramento fans should rightly hate it. They should pull back their 1st. Haliburton, Tristan, Barnes, and a 1st for Simmons seems like a good compromise between Simmons' trade value if he wasn't quitting on the 76ers and the extreme idea that Simmons is a negative value contract
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#406 » by hamncheese » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:22 am

I like it but wouldn't the Warriors have 16 guaranteed contracts? Mulder is non-guaranteed competing for 15th or possibly a two-way. I suppose Lee is cut in this trade? He might be useful early on while Klay is out.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,892

Post#407 » by cdubbz » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:42 pm

DevinVassell wrote:Philadelphia
Wiggins
Haliburton
Sac future 1st
GS future 1st

Golden State
Barnes
T. Thompson
Thybulle

Sacramento
Simmons
Mulder

76ers would be EXTREMELY happy with this trade. It's a huge overpay for Simmons & Theybulle. a 26yo wing in wiggins and a starting pg caliber young player plus 2 picks.

Kings are giving up a lot for Ben Simmons and if they keep their FRP its not bad. Fox, Hield Simmons, Bagley is not bad.

Warriors get a steal too. Barnes contract isn't too fat and he is an avg starting SF, but getting Thybulle on defense is the steal.

I think this trade is realistic if Kings don't give up a FRP.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#408 » by Kuya » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:03 pm

Wiggins for Harrison Barnes

Training camp is about to start, we need to get ready for the season now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,654

Post#409 » by parsnips33 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:23 pm

Exchange w/ Steph from media day about the Luxury tax and tax level exmpetion:

Q: "...would you want them to be very aggressive and would you be bothered if they have a chance to use it and they do not use it for financial resons?"

Steph: "Yes to all those answers"

Is this guy crazy?!?!?!? Would somebody please tell him Warriors already have the highest payroll in the league!!! Where does he get off expecting Lacob to shell out any more of his hard earned cash
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#410 » by cdubbz » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:36 am

Warriors get: Harrison Barnes, Tristan Thompson, & Haliburton

Kings get: Andrew Wiggins, Moody, Future FRP

Kings don’t get a killer deal, but they get a nice backup for Hield plus a pick. Haliburton is nice for them but they drafted a PG too
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#411 » by ChuckDurn » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:04 am

cdubbz wrote:Warriors get: Harrison Barnes, Tristan Thompson, & Haliburton

Kings don’t get a killer deal, but they get a nice backup for Hield plus a pick. Haliburton is nice for them but they drafted a PG too

The Kings would hang up the phone, and ask that we never call them again.

They LOVE Haliburton. Absolutely love him. Drafting Mitchell has no effect on that, they will likely run a lot of 3-guard line-ups.

Barnes is better than Wiggins, and his contract is way better than Wiggins’ deal.

Moody’s a nice prospect, but is not even close to bridging the gap between Barnes + Haliburton for Wiggins + future #1 (which would likely be late int the first round. Not even close.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#412 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:08 am

Hello, all! Nets fan here.

Here is a deal I've been tweaking this evening. I think I balanced the value exchange fairly for all sides with incoming picks for Brooklyn. Please let me know your thoughts:

https://fanspo.com/nba/s/nets/trades/qugQ1boMCEK5Q6/big-shake-up-brk-gsw-tor

BRK trades Irving/Harris/Claxton for Van Vleet/Anunoby/Boucher/22GSW1st/23TOR2nd/25CHA2nd
The Nets trade starpower for two-way role players while trimming payroll and restocking future picks.
Van Vleet, Harden, Anunoby, Durant, Griffin
Mills, Brown, Millsap, Boucher, Aldridge

GSW trades Wiggins/Wiseman/22GSW1st/25CHA2nd for Siakam/Harris/Claxton
The Warriors go all-in to contend.
Curry, Harris, Siakam, Green, Looney
Poole, Lee, Porter, Bjelica, Claxton

TOR trades Siakam/Van Vleet/Anunoby/23TOR2nd for Irving/Wiggins/Wiseman
The Raptors revamp with an electric #1 option, an athletic swingman and an elite bigman prospect.
Irving, Trent, Wiggins, Barnes, Wiseman
Flynn, Dragic, Mychailiuk, Achiuwa, Birch
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#413 » by FNQ » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:27 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:Hello, all! Nets fan here.

Here is a deal I've been tweaking this evening. I think I balanced the value exchange fairly for all sides with incoming picks for Brooklyn. Please let me know your thoughts:

https://fanspo.com/nba/s/nets/trades/qugQ1boMCEK5Q6/big-shake-up-brk-gsw-tor

BRK trades Irving/Harris/Claxton for Van Vleet/Anunoby/Boucher/22GSW1st/23TOR2nd/25CHA2nd
The Nets trade starpower for two-way role players while trimming payroll and restocking future picks.
Van Vleet, Harden, Anunoby, Durant, Griffin
Mills, Brown, Millsap, Boucher, Aldridge

GSW trades Wiggins/Wiseman/22GSW1st/25CHA2nd for Siakam/Harris/Claxton
The Warriors go all-in to contend.
Curry, Harris, Siakam, Green, Looney
Poole, Lee, Porter, Bjelica, Claxton

TOR trades Siakam/Van Vleet/Anunoby/23TOR2nd for Irving/Wiggins/Wiseman
The Raptors revamp with an electric #1 option, an athletic swingman and an elite bigman prospect.
Irving, Trent, Wiggins, Barnes, Wiseman
Flynn, Dragic, Mychailiuk, Achiuwa, Birch

Have you run that by Toronto? I really dont think its gonna go well

From our standpoint, I dont like it. I dont like Harris for us, because he really is fairly expensive for just a shooter, and there's a chance thats all Klay's gonna be when he comes back. And probably will only be that for this year as he gets back up to speed. Then Siakam at the 3.. still dont like that. I do like Claxton, but would wildly prefer Boucher to him, not sure how you value those 2 against each other but that'd be the first thing I call out.

So no, no interest from me here on the return because of the fit of the 2 main players coming back. Value wise though, I dont hate it. If we can flip the Harris/Siakam combo for a 3 in the Wiggins mold - long, rangy, athletic with consistent 3pt range - then I'd be way more vested in it. Truthfully if Siakam is healthy rn (I'm not sure) then really the only issue is Harris, whom I'd look to move for a PG type player. Like if the Raptors took him and we got Dragic, that'd be great for us. Not sure how they'd like that though.

But I might not be the most impartial person because I really dont think Kyrie carries the value that I often see in trades for him. Of the Nets starters last year - lets say anyone who started 10 games or more - only Jeff Green and Shamet had a lower NetRtg. So for the Raptors to give up 4/5 of their starting lineup and walking with Kyrie, a guy who's value is tanked in Wiggins, and a very, very green rookie-level player in Wiseman.. I dont think Kyrie's worth that much. And I'm factoring out the off-court stuff which is very unappealing as well. JMO
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,819

Post#414 » by eminence » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:13 pm

My current hope is to turn Wiggins/Wiseman into Hield/Valanciunas.

Don't think Kings are interested in anything near a Wiggins for Barnes swap, but Hield is decent too and a big headache for them. Valanciunas is just a stud of a player.
I bought a boat.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#415 » by cdubbz » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:22 am

ChuckDurn wrote:
cdubbz wrote:Warriors get: Harrison Barnes, Tristan Thompson, & Haliburton

The Kings would hang up the phone, and ask that we never call them again.

They LOVE Haliburton. Absolutely love him. Drafting Mitchell has no effect on that, they will likely run a lot of 3-guard line-ups.

Barnes is better than Wiggins, and his contract is way better than Wiggins’ deal.

Moody’s a nice prospect, but is not even close to bridging the gap between Barnes + Haliburton for Wiggins + future #1 (which would likely be late int the first round. Not even close.

Hmm I’m just trying to grab a few role players for Wiggins and I like Thompson and Barnes. Maybe don’t include Haliburton and GSW sweetens the deal somehow.
his_airness
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#416 » by his_airness » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:59 pm

DevinVassell wrote:Philadelphia
Wiggins
Haliburton
Sac future 1st
GS future 1st

Golden State
Barnes
T. Thompson
Thybulle

Sacramento
Simmons
Mulder

Not sold on getting Harry B again. The greedy Sixers get too much. Kings has Haliburton as untouchable this season. Why isn't James Wiseman untoucahble :-? ?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#417 » by FNQ » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:54 am

No Wiggins trade is coming and its very easy to see why... Kelly Oubre.

You don't shuffle up the team 2 weeks before the first game.. if Wiggins continues to be stubborn, then you go to war with who you have and adjust accordingly. The whole point of offseason trades is letting them get familiar with teammates, doing something now isnt much different than doing something in the middle of the season.

So if Wiggins is out, OPJ/Moody/Lee become extremely important. Would be nice to have another shooter there, but instead we have potentially Galloway, Bradley or GP2.. hurrah. Either way, you don't make a panic move and you likely dont make a trade at all. Figure out who we are without Wiggins, and then that should clear up what we want to acquire in a Wiggins trade
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,898

Post#418 » by basketballRob » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:37 pm

Gary Harris and Ross for Wiggins? Harris is an expiring deal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#419 » by FNQ » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:11 pm

basketballRob wrote:Gary Harris and Ross for Wiggins? Harris is an expiring deal.

Damnit, like 1 post after I said dont make any trades.

Yeah I'd do that, but what is ORL's motivation here?
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#420 » by ChuckDurn » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:50 pm

FNQ wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Gary Harris and Ross for Wiggins? Harris is an expiring deal.

Damnit, like 1 post after I said dont make any trades.

Yeah I'd do that, but what is ORL's motivation here?

I’m not sure they want to compete this year….. like, at all…… but if they do, they’re getting the guy who is easily the best player in the deal at this point in his career.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?

Return to Golden State Warriors