ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#541 » by shazam_guy » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:39 am

Well, this is getting weird.

I'm extremely disappointed to hear that Bogut was talking up Pizzagate. But I've had that happen a lot in the last decade, and way more since 2016 -- people you thought were more or less sensible turn out to be bat@#%!-crazy, or at least seem to believe crazy things for no discernible reason of logic, facts, or even common sense.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#542 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:10 pm

What the hell happened to the trade thread?
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#543 » by xdrta+ » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:12 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:What the hell happened to the trade thread?

It went out for pizza.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#544 » by Old_Blue » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:42 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie is like the Dostoevsky of posters. :lol:
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,375

Post#545 » by GSWFan1994 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:53 pm

Old_Blue is the E.L. James of posters.

Or maybe Stephenie Meyer... I can't decide.

:clap:
DIO
Pro Prospect
And1: 180

Post#546 » by DIO » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:33 am

Read on Twitter

:wink:
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,747

Post#547 » by eminence » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:16 pm

I mean, I'd still love Simmons as our C.
I bought a boat.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,375

Post#548 » by GSWFan1994 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:10 pm

This is pure speculation behind the so-called imaginative "sources".

If you click on the link, you'll see lots of proposed "trade scenarios"... even one with Simmons going to the Jazz.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Post#549 » by wco81 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:38 pm

Team has gotten off to a good start but the scoring after Curry isn't materializing.

Poole isn't the efficient microwave off the bench that people touted.

More pressure for trade, including trading the young players. Can't assume Klay alone will fix the scoring needs.

Realistically, if you're going to see whether these young players will pan out, you have to get them minutes in their first couple of years, give them a chance to improve.

But in chasing wins, they keep them on the bench. If that's the case, you might as well trade them for players you think will be a part of the regular rotation on a team with aspirations to make a deep run in the playoffs.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#550 » by Warriors Analyst » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:12 am

DIO wrote:
Read on Twitter

:wink:

Massey is a nobody. Not one of the things he's predicted has come to pass and most of his clicks come from variations of him tweeting that a team has interest in pursuing player X in free agency or at a later point in the season.

It's a perfect gift: Massey's "reporting" is so non-specific that nothing has to happen in order for his claims to be taken seriously.
Old_Blue
Starter

Post#551 » by Old_Blue » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:05 pm

eminence wrote:I mean, I'd still love Simmons as our C.

That's how I imagine Simmons with the Warriors as well. At this point though, given everything that has happened in Philadelphia, the most I can imagine trading for Simmons would be a package of Wiggins and a conditional 2022 first round pick (no Top 10). Morey wants much more than that.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,411

Post#552 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:03 pm

How about a three way trade involving Simons and Pg13...that's the only way I'd move Wiggins and young assets. I don't want Simmons but Clippers might.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#553 » by donkeylips » Mon Nov 1, 2021 4:13 pm

sixers would just take George
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Post#554 » by HiRez » Mon Nov 1, 2021 8:40 pm

With the Suns declining to extend Ayton and him allegedly growing more disgruntled there, it seems only a matter of time before he's moved. I don't know if he's the piece we most need, but he sure would be dynamic with Steph, Draymond, and Klay, and he's a clear upgrade over Looney and Wiseman, or really any big we've had in decades (Bogut excepted for a few specific things). One thing I like about Ayton is he a decent freethrow shooter for a big at ~75% so you can play him in crunch time. A Curry-Ayton pick and roll would be absolutely devastating, but we know how Kerr feels about PNR.

Ayton had a really nice and consistent playoff run, indicating he's not going to be a guy who shrinks in the playoffs. Just look at these numbers:

vs. LAL: 15.8 pts., 10.8 reb, 0.7 ast, 0.7 blk, 0.5 stl, 1.0 to, 65.8% FG
vs. DEN: 14.3 pts, 10.5 reb, 0.5 ast, 0.3 blk, 0.5 stl, 1.3 to, 69.2% FG
vs. LAC: 17.8 pts, 13.7 reb, 1.3 ast, 1.7 blk, 0.7 stl, 1.5 to, 68.9% FG
vs. MIL: 14.7 pts, 12.0 reb, 1.8 ast, 1.5 blk, 1.5 stl, 1.3 to, 52.9% FG

He'll want a max contract but it's hard to move Wiggins for him because he only makes ~$12M currently so I don't even know if a deal is possible (Wiseman + Kuminga + [something]?...or maybe a third team?), is there interest on our side?
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#555 » by donkeylips » Mon Nov 1, 2021 8:44 pm

if the owners dont mind the tax bill, id do wiseman, kuminga, 2022 first +.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#556 » by Coxy » Mon Nov 1, 2021 9:54 pm

Andrew Wiggins for Ricky Rubio + Cedi Osman works in the trade machine. This would interest me.

Rubio is 18m expiring, Osman is 8 mil for 3 years. Wiggins is expiring next year at 31m.

Curry / Rubio / GPII
Klay / Poole / Lee / Moody
Osman / Iguodala
Green / Porter Jnr / Kuminga
Looney / Wiseman / Bjelica

Not saying hell yes, but this is interesting.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#557 » by FNQ » Mon Nov 1, 2021 10:58 pm

Coxy wrote:Andrew Wiggins for Ricky Rubio + Cedi Osman works in the trade machine. This would interest me.

Rubio is 18m expiring, Osman is 8 mil for 3 years. Wiggins is expiring next year at 31m.

Curry / Rubio / GPII
Osman / Iguodala

No it isn't. Our defense would be brutal.. I'm not sure why you're so gung ho on getting rid of Wiggins. He's quite possibly the most important player we have, because we have a backup who could jump in and take the place of everyone else on the roster and at least be the same archetype. Curry goes down, Poole steps in. Dray goes down, JTA steps in. Who steps in if Wiggins goes down? Maybe Moody? Certainly wont be Lee (defense), JTA (offense), OPJ (defense).. replacing him with Cedi Osman causes more problems than anything
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#558 » by Coxy » Tue Nov 2, 2021 1:55 am

FNQ wrote:
Coxy wrote:Andrew Wiggins for Ricky Rubio + Cedi Osman works in the trade machine. This would interest me.

Curry / Rubio / GPII
Osman / Iguodala

No it isn't. Our defense would be brutal.. I'm not sure why you're so gung ho on getting rid of Wiggins. He's quite possibly the most important player we have, because we have a backup who could jump in and take the place of everyone else on the roster and at least be the same archetype. Curry goes down, Poole steps in. Dray goes down, JTA steps in. Who steps in if Wiggins goes down? Maybe Moody? Certainly wont be Lee (defense), JTA (offense), OPJ (defense).. replacing him with Cedi Osman causes more problems than anything

I'm not trying to get rid of Wiggins, I'm fine if he stays. He's just not a crucial guy for me now, too flaky for me.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,691

Post#559 » by WarriorGM » Tue Nov 2, 2021 7:47 pm

I remember some here saying Jaylen Brown would be their ideal player to go after in a trade that might work. I don't know about that. There's something about him that turns me off. The current Celtics rough patch is only a part of it. I'm getting a difficult player vibe from him.
Old_Blue
Starter

Post#560 » by Old_Blue » Tue Nov 2, 2021 8:48 pm

WarriorGM wrote:I remember some here saying Jaylen Brown would be their ideal player to go after in a trade that might work. I don't know about that. There's something about him that turns me off. The current Celtics rough patch is only a part of it. I'm getting a difficult player vibe from him.

Is your vibe based on anything? Other than getting Covid and talking about how it's taken his body a while to rehabilitate, there isn't much in the news about the guy. Personally, I think he'd be a great fit for the Warriors.

Return to Golden State Warriors