ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#681 » by marthafokker » Wed Dec 8, 2021 12:08 am

tal57 wrote:
Commodor wrote:
8305 wrote:Pacers season is circling the drain. Wiseman and Kuminga gets t done for me. Pacers keep Kuminga, get the best fit possible when flipping Wiseman. In a Playoff series I could Ayton being a tough matchup for you. Turner would put up resistance as a defender and take him away from the basket on offense.

I am pretty sure the top offer from GSW is Wiseman + 2022 1st + filler for Turner and even then it is tough because GSW does not have a ton of guys they just consider "filler".

Kuminga is not happening. Pre-draft GSW would not have offered Wiseman + #7 and if anything they have grown to like what they have in Kuminga even more. He was a steal at that draft spot and performed well since, so if anything his value has risen internally.

I am not sure GSW would offer even Moody at this point. The team is clicking. Looney & Beli are a solid center rotation and Draymond is the crunch time 5. Turner would be an expensive luxury.

There is absolutely no way I am trading both Wiseman and Kuminga for Turner, especially Kuminga.
Wiseman + 2022 1st even if it satisfies the Pacers, doesn't work salary wise. Even if the dubs had the filler, it would have had to be 7-8 mil filler for the deal to work. Wiseman+Moody+Looney (no pics) for Turner works salary wise. But does GS is interested in Looney for Turner exchange at the expense of Wiseman/Moody, given the situation now. With the team where it is and Klay / Wiseman eventually coming back. Sabonis is an interesting get, but Indy will probably try to sell him higher than Turner. As nice as it is to have him, he would be less of a fit with lesser of the need in scoring but poorer D and pricier tag. Though he does rebound as well.

If Pacers okay with it, I take Wiseman/Looney/Moody for Turner in a heartbeat. Everyone loves Looney, but Turner will eat up 32 minutes and Porter/Belly off the bench is enough. And if more help is needed, that trade opens up 2 spots for playoff buy out. Turner is what Wiseman could be and better. But Turner is still young to be tandom with Kuminga in 3 years.

Dubbs can always sign Looney when he becomes UFA if the off season.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#682 » by SAKURABA216 » Wed Dec 8, 2021 12:26 am

tal57 wrote:
Commodor wrote:
8305 wrote:Pacers season is circling the drain. Wiseman and Kuminga gets t done for me. Pacers keep Kuminga, get the best fit possible when flipping Wiseman. In a Playoff series I could Ayton being a tough matchup for you. Turner would put up resistance as a defender and take him away from the basket on offense.

I am pretty sure the top offer from GSW is Wiseman + 2022 1st + filler for Turner and even then it is tough because GSW does not have a ton of guys they just consider "filler".

Kuminga is not happening. Pre-draft GSW would not have offered Wiseman + #7 and if anything they have grown to like what they have in Kuminga even more. He was a steal at that draft spot and performed well since, so if anything his value has risen internally.

I am not sure GSW would offer even Moody at this point. The team is clicking. Looney & Beli are a solid center rotation and Draymond is the crunch time 5. Turner would be an expensive luxury.

There is absolutely no way I am trading both Wiseman and Kuminga for Turner, especially Kuminga.
Wiseman + 2022 1st even if it satisfies the Pacers, doesn't work salary wise. Even if the dubs had the filler, it would have had to be 7-8 mil filler for the deal to work. Wiseman+Moody+Looney (no pics) for Turner works salary wise. But does GS is interested in Looney for Turner exchange at the expense of Wiseman/Moody, given the situation now. With the team where it is and Klay / Wiseman eventually coming back. Sabonis is an interesting get, but Indy will probably try to sell him higher than Turner. As nice as it is to have him, he would be less of a fit with lesser of the need in scoring but poorer D and pricier tag. Though he does rebound as well.

Curry/Klay/Wiggins/Sabonis/Draymond would be insane!

I would offer Wiseman, Looney, and one of Kuminga/Moody and see if that gets it done. As much as I like Kuminga, I don't think he has what it takes to be the next Kawhi and Wiseman's stock will only go down once he is able to return. These guys will not get much play time this year so we may as well cash them in for someone that will be able to immediately move into the starting spot and actually contribute this year while Curry looks to still be in MVP form and the team looks primed to make a deep playoff run.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#683 » by xdrta+ » Wed Dec 8, 2021 12:31 am

marthafokker wrote:
tal57 wrote:
Commodor wrote:

If Pacers okay with it, I take Wiseman/Looney/Moody for Turner in a heartbeat. Everyone loves Looney, but Turner will eat up 32 minutes and Porter/Belly off the bench is enough. And if more help is needed, that trade opens up 2 spots for playoff buy out. Turner is what Wiseman could be and better. But Turner is still young to be tandom with Kuminga in 3 years.

Dubbs can always sign Looney when he becomes UFA if the off season.

Indy wouldn't take that package if you put a gun to their head. Wiseman has proven nothing and is coming off an injury. Hasn't even scrimmaged yet! And what good is Looney to a rebuilding team. Good in the Warrior system, but not much use elsewhere, small center, non-shooting. They will get so much better offers for Turner.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#684 » by Commodor » Wed Dec 8, 2021 6:33 am

SAKURABA216 wrote:
tal57 wrote:
Commodor wrote:

Curry/Klay/Wiggins/Sabonis/Draymond would be insane!

I would offer Wiseman, Looney, and one of Kuminga/Moody and see if that gets it done. As much as I like Kuminga, I don't think he has what it takes to be the next Kawhi and Wiseman's stock will only go down once he is able to return. These guys will not get much play time this year so we may as well cash them in for someone that will be able to immediately move into the starting spot and actually contribute this year while Curry looks to still be in MVP form and the team looks primed to make a deep playoff run.

GSW is in 1st and all of their center rotation is playing great.

In crunch time Draymond moves to C. That doesn't mean Bjelica moves to PF and Sabonis would not either.

Trading the farm for an elite star (wing) is the move. Trading for a border-line star offense-only center is not.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#685 » by FNQ » Wed Dec 8, 2021 9:18 am

We're not trading Wiseman until he plays
We're not making any large trades until Klay comes back and we see what the team looks like

Take it over to the trade board where things like context, scheme, and fit do not matter
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,920

Post#686 » by whatisacenter » Wed Dec 8, 2021 4:48 pm

I am not interested in any major trades at all because it would have to include Wiggins, Wiseman, Kuminga etc. I don't see any player potentially becoming available that would make this Warriors team better and it would rob the Dubs of their future core. I am high on Poole, Wiseman, Kuminga and Moody down the road and it would take a super star demanding a trade to GS to move Wiggins and any of those guys.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,868

Post#687 » by 510TWSS » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:00 pm

TK had a pretty long article in the athletic yesterday saying the W's aren't trading J-Wise
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,412

Post#688 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:22 pm

Warrior fans haven't seen a good center on their team for years....that's why we all over value Looney so damn much.

This is what a legit MOBILE offensively talented top shot blocking center looks like folks.

[url][/url]

You add Turner next to Draymond and you immediately extend Draymond's shelf life and immediately provide Curry with a lob threat to take off defensive pressure.

-- Stretches the spacing with a three point stretch center
--Increases fast break basketball because of elite shot blocking
--Adds venteral (yet still only 25) lob threat
--Improves rim protection dramatically
--Solves defensive match with key teams like Suns, Lakers, Philly, Utah, Denver

Honestly, if Warriors can keep Kuminga and still get Turner....they'd be idiots not to.

Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond, Turner is a bigger bad ass lineup and Draymond won't have to sell his defensive soul every night just to offset the size disadvantage.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,259

Post#689 » by wco81 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:14 pm

There's a lot of things Looney and Draymond can't do.

But I thought they played well against Embid in the restricted area, though they didn't do so well late in the game giving him a couple of very open elbow jumper looks.

I wonder if Turner can battle with Embid down low though.

Pretty sure Wiseman can't.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#690 » by Old_Blue » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:17 am

Durant with a statement game today. The MVP odds are going to shift pretty dramatically this week.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Post#691 » by Coxy » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:51 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Warrior fans haven't seen a good center on their team for years....that's why we all over value Looney so damn much.

This is what a legit MOBILE offensively talented top shot blocking center looks like folks.

[url][/url]

You add Turner next to Draymond and you immediately extend Draymond's shelf life and immediately provide Curry with a lob threat to take off defensive pressure.

Honestly, if Warriors can keep Kuminga and still get Turner....they'd be idiots not to.

Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond, Turner is a bigger bad ass lineup and Draymond won't have to sell his defensive soul every night just to offset the size disadvantage.

I agree to all, but the return Indy would want is the main concern.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#692 » by whatisacenter » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:13 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Warrior fans haven't seen a good center on their team for years....that's why we all over value Looney so damn much.

[url][/url]

I will say that Myles Turner is one of the possible trades that make sense because of his salary and not having to include Wiggins in the deal. It all depends on how high the Warriors are on Kuminga and Wiseman because I think it would take them plus Moody/Poole and possibly an additional FRP.

I am in the camp of wanting to see what Wiseman looks like in his second year with Klay back before moving him but Turner does make a lot of sense in the Warriors style of basketball.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,412

Post#693 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:24 pm

These conversations of keeping young projects over a proven all-star reminds me of when I'm gambling, up 200, and I'm projecting I can turn that into 1000 lol.

TAKE THE MONEY!

If Warriors can turn Wiseman, Looney, Moody and maybe a future pick for Sabonis....TAKE THE MONEY! That is a legit super high IQ super talented win now GREAT PASSER 25 year old stud for ... potential.

Just imagine Draymond and Sabonis toying with other teams while they cleverly spring our shooters open...again...and again. Imagine swapping Looney for a bigger better player with passing and offensive skills.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,259

Post#694 » by wco81 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:04 pm

Zach Lowe and Kevin O'Connor talking up JW, JK trade for Sabonis to guarantee a WC win.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#695 » by and1GS » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:10 am

wco81 wrote:Zach Lowe and Kevin O'Connor talking up JW, JK trade for Sabonis to guarantee a WC win.
I thought that was a pretty bad take. I guess he could play the Bogut role (passing big at the elbow or low post), but he would get scoring opps even more infrequently and isn't a good defender. We would limit his offensive ceiling and emphasize what he's bad at - I'm just not convinced he's a fit.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#696 » by 8305 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:55 pm

I think Turner is the best target for GSW. I see him improving the two things you already do quite well (space the floor and defend). I think he would be cheaper than Sabonis. Wiseman, Looney and Moody seems fair to me. I think we could extract some additional value by flipping Wiseman.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#697 » by whatisacenter » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:15 pm

and1GS wrote:
wco81 wrote:Zach Lowe and Kevin O'Connor talking up JW, JK trade for Sabonis to guarantee a WC win.
I thought that was a pretty bad take. I guess he could play the Bogut role (passing big at the elbow or low post), but he would get scoring opps even more infrequently and isn't a good defender. We would limit his offensive ceiling and emphasize what he's bad at - I'm just not convinced he's a fit.

I think this is the thing people don't realize with the prospect of adding Sabonis. He wears cement shoes and doesn't have legit big man size and is shooting below 30% from 3.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#698 » by FNQ » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:11 am

whatisacenter wrote:
and1GS wrote:

I think this is the thing people don't realize with the prospect of adding Sabonis. He wears cement shoes and doesn't have legit big man size and is shooting below 30% from 3.

Hes not a fit, and as smart as Lowe is, a grim reminder that no single analyst will ever be an expert on all NBA teams at the same time.

Turner and *maybe* Ayton could fit, but Ayton is an obvious no go because of contract situation. Turner's a possibility if we truly believe he can also close out games for us, but all his talk about being 'more than a role player' makes me think he'll be better off chasing a payday on a different rebuilding team.

And all these experts are talking about these deals before we see Wiseman and Klay back on the court, which immediately hacks their credibility to bits. But clicks must be generated, so here we are
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#699 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:35 pm

Turner concerns me on two fronts, one is he wants the offense to run plays for him and the Warriors don't really do that, and the asset cost to get him would be very high.

There are no guarantees in sport so it always baffles me when people talk of certainty when they talk about teams or players, trading for Turner could end up being worse this year and in all future years ... we just don't KNOW. Remember this offseason when so many people said the Lakers were the clear favorites in the West?

I think the Warriors are sticking to the plan they put forward a couple years ago so I'm okay seeing what it becomes at least through this year.
Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 448

Post#700 » by Romulus » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:40 am

I'll say it. I've gone back and forth on this. But yes, for Sabonis I'd give up both Wiseman and Kuminga. Sabonis isn't GREAT, but he is very good, he can bang with the big centers and he can also score and rebound. And he's also fairly young at 25. I would not include Looney though. I'd want him for depth. Turner? He has some pluses -- a good shot block blocker and can make a 3. But he's not a good rebounder. He'd be cheaper and you could probably get him for Wiseman and filler. Either way, I'd want to make that move if I'm Golden State.

How badly do you want to win a championship? How often do you even get the chance?

Return to Golden State Warriors