ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,212

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#941 » by wco81 » Tue May 3, 2022 9:31 am

Why they have plenty of wings.

They can't give Johnson any playing time. But Okongwu is getting minutes now and will get more over time.

They may want picks.

Or they may decide that rather than pay one of their forwards, they will trade away someone earning a high salary and keep Johnson.

So they're more likely to trade Collins or even Huerter, who's on a good deal, than Johnson.

Their needs are more wing defenders. Otherwise, they're going to be below3 or 4 other EC teams until Trae is past his max contract.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#942 » by FNQ » Tue May 3, 2022 4:43 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
cdubbz wrote:Golden State receives: Onyeka Okongwu & Jalen Johnson

Atlanta Hawks receive: James Wiseman & 2022 2nd round pick.

Hawks haven’t played Jalen Johnson at all and Okongwu/Wiseman swap plus a 2nd rounder?

I don’t think ATL does it but that would be huge for Warriors if Okongwu can be rotational big and Jalen Johnson improves

I think Hawks would ask for Kuminga on top of Wiseman at the bare minimum.

Right? Even if we go back in time 2 years to the original drafting of Wiseman, very unlikely that his value was worth Oknogwu AND Jalen Johnson on top..

We'd likely have to add solid value just to turn Wiseman into Okongwu. This valuation really misses the mark
Dom801e
Veteran
And1: 861

Post#943 » by Dom801e » Wed May 4, 2022 2:54 pm

My hope in the Wiseman draft was to trade down and get Okongwu and Bane. It was realistic at the time; now there is no way to get either player.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,144

Post#944 » by TB » Wed May 4, 2022 6:44 pm

Dom801e wrote:My hope in the Wiseman draft was to trade down and get Okongwu and Bane. It was realistic at the time; now there is no way to get either player.

Would have been great. But was it realistic? I don't recall any confirmed trade down options that were available.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#945 » by FNQ » Wed May 4, 2022 6:57 pm

totally unrelated but Desmond Bane reminds me of an older Stanford player, the way he looks.. driving me crazy that I cant remember who it is
TB
General Manager

Post#946 » by TB » Wed May 4, 2022 7:32 pm

FNQ wrote:totally unrelated but Desmond Bane reminds me of an older Stanford player, the way he looks.. driving me crazy that I cant remember who it is

Mitch Johnson maybe?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#947 » by FNQ » Wed May 4, 2022 7:37 pm

TB wrote:
FNQ wrote:totally unrelated but Desmond Bane reminds me of an older Stanford player, the way he looks.. driving me crazy that I cant remember who it is

Mitch Johnson maybe?

lol nah I remember Mitch, unique look for sure. Didnt hate him, which is weird for me, because all Cardinal are terrible people who don't tip or return their shopping carts to the proper area. Every last one of them

I think it might have been Landry Fields.. but that doesnt feel right either.. ah well
TB
General Manager

Post#948 » by TB » Wed May 4, 2022 7:39 pm

FNQ wrote:
TB wrote:

Mitch Johnson maybe?

lol nah I remember Mitch, unique look for sure. Didnt hate him, which is weird for me, because all Cardinal are terrible people who don't tip or return their shopping carts to the proper area. Every last one of them

I think it might have been Landry Fields.. but that doesnt feel right either.. ah well

:lol: :lol: :lol:
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,185

Post#949 » by clyde21 » Wed May 4, 2022 8:20 pm

FNQ wrote:
TB wrote:

Mitch Johnson maybe?

Chasson Randle?
Dom801e
Veteran

Post#950 » by Dom801e » Wed May 4, 2022 8:52 pm

TB wrote:
Dom801e wrote:My hope in the Wiseman draft was to trade down and get Okongwu and Bane. It was realistic at the time; now there is no way to get either player.

Would have been great. But was it realistic? I don't recall any confirmed trade down options that were available.

Obviously have to have willing partner. I meant in terms of value. Moving from 2 to 5-7 and picking up a mid-late first round pick seemed realistic pre draft.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 362

Post#951 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Wed May 4, 2022 10:38 pm

Offseason: We need to trade 2-way Wigs in order to extend Jordan Poole's contract this offseason.

Wiggins + Wiseman for Mo Bamba + Fultz

We get the center who can contribute now by stretching the floor, rebounding and rim protecting (He's got a ridiculous 7'10" wingspan).. Nothing else outside of his expected role. We get a young PG who naturally can handle the ball and give Curry, Draymond, and Poole some additional help. Really don't know what else he can bring, and his shooting hasn't been great at all in his first couple seasons. As long as he learns our defensive scheme and buy into our system, then I'd be good.

Starting 5: Curry, Thompson, Kuminga, Green, Bamba

Just really need to see what our salary cap situation is to make additional, reasonable acquisitions.
Dom801e
Veteran

Post#952 » by Dom801e » Thu May 5, 2022 12:56 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Offseason: We need to trade 2-way Wigs in order to extend Jordan Poole's contract this offseason.

We get the center who can contribute now by stretching the floor, rebounding and rim protecting (He's got a ridiculous 7'10" wingspan).. Nothing else outside of his expected role. We get a young PG who naturally can handle the ball and give Curry, Draymond, and Poole some additional help. Really don't know what else he can bring, and his shooting hasn't been great at all in his first couple seasons. As long as he learns our defensive scheme and buy into our system, then I'd be good.

Just really need to see what our salary cap situation is to make additional, reasonable acquisitions.

Bamba is FA so can’t trade for him. Also Fultz makes $17M; I’d rather try to keep Wiggins for $20-23M instead of getting Fultz.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#953 » by Coxy » Thu May 5, 2022 3:06 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Offseason: We need to trade 2-way Wigs in order to extend Jordan Poole's contract this offseason.

Not a fan of this idea.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,836

Post#954 » by whatisacenter » Thu May 5, 2022 3:31 am

Wiggins will be an expiring contract next season and Poole will be on the last year of his rookie contract so we don't need to trade him in order to offer an extension.

The salary cap situation will never change from being in the luxury tax as long as they have Curry, Klay and Draymond on the books. They will have the TP MLE and veteran minimum contracts to offer.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#955 » by FNQ » Thu May 5, 2022 5:27 am

Need to adjust that sight man, you're shooting wildly lately
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#956 » by FNQ » Thu May 5, 2022 5:29 am

clyde21 wrote:
FNQ wrote:
TB wrote:
Mitch Johnson maybe?

Chasson Randle?

Nah he had the solid fro the entire time, I'm not sure what to call Bane's..

I'm gonna go with a young Landry Fields I guess but I dont feel good about it. It's probably some obscure guy who's name is just out of reach
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,080

Post#957 » by The-Power » Thu May 5, 2022 8:31 am

Still time to trade for Paul Reed? I'm still mad we didn't draft him, he was an excellent fit for us and crazy underdrafted.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 362

Post#958 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Thu May 5, 2022 3:58 pm

FNQ wrote:

Haha, I think I do man. Sorry about that, everyone. The last few seasons I haven't been paying attention, obviously. In that case from what's being said and more research, we'll keep WIggins until either his contract expires or if there's an enticing trade proposal that comes our way.
TrueFan420
Senior
And1: 431

Post#959 » by TrueFan420 » Thu May 5, 2022 4:03 pm

We don’t need to do anything to extend Poole. We can offer or match anything we want. Wiggins is also expiring the year we’d begin to pay Poole.

I wouldn’t move Wiggins. Either bring him back at 20 mill per or let him walk (save on the tax) and move Kuminga into the starting 5 (he will have had another year to develop at this point). Then move Moody (also another year to develop) up in the rotation.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#960 » by FNQ » Thu May 5, 2022 4:11 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Haha, I think I do man. Sorry about that, everyone. The last few seasons I haven't been paying attention, obviously. In that case from what's being said and more research, we'll keep WIggins until either his contract expires or if there's an enticing trade proposal that comes our way.

He should have more value to us than other teams for next year too, because I think a big mistake that's made w/regards to our defense is how important continuity is, because so much of it relies on working well with Draymond, which isn't easy. We could bring in a guy who's a lockdown defender somewhere else, and they may struggle here because of our weird system and Dray's ability to see the play ahead of time..

I dont mind Bamba as a fit here either, its just we'd be paying, in both trade value and salary, for hypothetical value that he hasn't reached yet, and may not reach. I think his mini-breakout made it tougher to get him.. if he had struggled for another year, I'd be all over trying to bring him in on the taxpayer MLE or something similar, because he does have pockets of upside on both sides of the ball. I think that ship has sailed though.. but I wouldnt want to gamble on what he gets in free agency. He could get a 1 year MLE or 20m AAV and I dont think I'd be surprised either way :dontknow:

Return to Golden State Warriors