ImageImageImageImageImage

2021 Draft Thread (Postdraft)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

User avatar
Quazza
Head Coach
Posts: 6,632
And1: 1,550
Joined: Jul 04, 2008
 

Re: 2021 Draft Thread (Postdraft) 

Post#161 » by Quazza » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:10 am

Told you (mainly FNQ) that Giddey was good. Moptop Mamba is balling
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK


KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 57,949
And1: 17,683
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
 

Re: 2021 Draft Thread (Postdraft) 

Post#162 » by FNQ » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:24 am

Quazza wrote:Told you (mainly FNQ) that Giddey was good. Moptop Mamba is balling


I've seen him, I still don't buy it as a pro. He'll start, but I'm still of the mind he winds up more like Rubio than anyone else. I think he and Sengun are being massively overrated for beating up 3rd stringers and bad defenses while still having massive liabilites. But I am glad he was taken before us and not for us, for sure

Rubio caught the same hype train until the league dared him to shoot.. it all depends if Giddey's jumper is reliable. And because he's a NBL player the old company has no data on his form/release etc. But man does it look awkward

At the same time, he seems to hypnotize people with his dribble and I cant figure out why. Like he just blew by Rozier with a move that looked like it was in slow motion. And his finishing, while still very questionable, was better than I thought. Its the shooting form though.. a guard that has a catapult like form. Gross

I'll get as many shares of him as I can in fantasy though. He should fill up in REB/AST and could approach 10-15ppg.
Upperclass
Analyst
Posts: 3,075
And1: 1,177
Joined: Aug 09, 2005

Re: 2021 Draft Thread (Postdraft) 

Post#163 » by Upperclass » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:49 am

Giddey and LaMelo on the Warriors would've changed the NBA
User avatar
Quazza
Head Coach
Posts: 6,632
And1: 1,550
Joined: Jul 04, 2008
 

Re: 2021 Draft Thread (Postdraft) 

Post#164 » by Quazza » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:28 am

FNQ wrote:
Quazza wrote:Told you (mainly FNQ) that Giddey was good. Moptop Mamba is balling


I've seen him, I still don't buy it as a pro. He'll start, but I'm still of the mind he winds up more like Rubio than anyone else. I think he and Sengun are being massively overrated for beating up 3rd stringers and bad defenses while still having massive liabilites. But I am glad he was taken before us and not for us, for sure

Rubio caught the same hype train until the league dared him to shoot.. it all depends if Giddey's jumper is reliable. And because he's a NBL player the old company has no data on his form/release etc. But man does it look awkward

At the same time, he seems to hypnotize people with his dribble and I cant figure out why. Like he just blew by Rozier with a move that looked like it was in slow motion. And his finishing, while still very questionable, was better than I thought. Its the shooting form though.. a guard that has a catapult like form. Gross

I'll get as many shares of him as I can in fantasy though. He should fill up in REB/AST and could approach 10-15ppg.


Yup I'm on board in fantasy. Have him in 2 leagues so far
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK


KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 42,719
And1: 11,558
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: 2021 Draft Thread (Postdraft) 

Post#165 » by Coxy » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:44 am

If Giddey pans out, I see his floor as a Brent Barry type, and his peak potential being Gordon Hayward-esqe.

He just looks so unconventional in so many areas right now, but seems to have a weird productive way.
Little Digger wrote:Can the Warriors file a lawsuit against Oubre?
Upperclass
Analyst
Posts: 3,075
And1: 1,177
Joined: Aug 09, 2005

Re: 2021 Draft Thread (Postdraft) 

Post#166 » by Upperclass » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:30 pm

^ he's way bigger than those two. He plays like what Mike Miller was supposed to turn into
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 57,949
And1: 17,683
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
 

Re: 2021 Draft Thread (Postdraft) 

Post#167 » by FNQ » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:55 pm

Coxy wrote:If Giddey pans out, I see his floor as a Brent Barry type, and his peak potential being Gordon Hayward-esqe.

He just looks so unconventional in so many areas right now, but seems to have a weird productive way.


I really cant past the dribbling thing. Maybe he has super dreamy eyes or something
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 57,949
And1: 17,683
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
 

Re: 2021 Draft Thread (Postdraft) 

Post#168 » by FNQ » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:57 pm

Upperclass wrote:^ he's way bigger than those two. He plays like what Mike Miller was supposed to turn into


Was Mike Miller supposed to be a PG? Its been a while and has a UF hater, I remember him being a solid playmaker for a wing, but never thought he was a PG. Giddey is most certainly a PG, though defensively it will get interesting. But it appears that shooting and defense are going to be his question marks.. and until he falters with driving, I wouldnt consider that a question mark anymore.
User avatar
EvanZ
General Manager
Posts: 8,802
And1: 1,780
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: 2021 Draft Thread (Postdraft) 

Post#169 » by EvanZ » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:34 pm

Upperclass wrote:^ he's way bigger than those two. He plays like what Mike Miller was supposed to turn into


Giddey has super short arms.
User avatar
GSWFan1994
Starter
Posts: 2,019
And1: 3,029
Joined: Oct 31, 2006
 

Re: 2021 Draft Thread (Postdraft) 

Post#170 » by GSWFan1994 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:13 pm

Here comes the wingspan connoisseur once again... :lol:
I support Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch for a NBA expansion team.
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 14,398
And1: 5,857
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: 2021 Draft Thread (Postdraft) 

Post#171 » by wco81 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:25 am

Duarte with 27 points in 33 minutes, 6-9 from 3.

Pacers probably going to move Warren. Or maybe Lavert.


LaMelo 7-9 from 3 in the same game. He was doing Curry pull-ups from well behind the arc.



We will see if Duarte continues this form but I guess he wasn't projected as high as #7. One big negative for a lot of draft evaluators is that he's already 24.
TB
Head Coach
Posts: 7,473
And1: 436
Joined: Mar 11, 2007

Re: 2021 Draft Thread (Postdraft) 

Post#172 » by TB » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:20 pm

After first week (obviously verrrrry early), still loving our picks based on what others are showing.

The guy I had if Kuminga wasn't there was Franz, and he really does look solid. I'm still happy going with the upside of Kuminga at this point but will continue watching Franz to see how he adjusts to NBA.

The guy I had if Moody wasn't there was Murphy, and while he's looked solid, same thing as at #7... Moody looks super savvy and is way younger.

Our guys won't get the minutes that some rookies get, but i'm excited to see how they develop this year.
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 57,949
And1: 17,683
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
 

Re: 2021 Draft Thread (Postdraft) 

Post#173 » by FNQ » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:39 pm

Duarte came crashing back to earth… but they are just gonna let him chuck it seems

Sengun getting crushed defensively

Bouknight has 2 whole minutes of floor time

Mitchell had one hot half against us, and the rest of the time has just been PatBev

Franz has been solid

Giddey’s had some troubles but I think he’ll justify his draft position

Tre Murphy was ready ready, and he’s looking good

Who else were people stumping for here?
Scoots1994
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,368
And1: 791
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: 2021 Draft Thread (Postdraft) 

Post#174 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:01 am

FNQ wrote:Duarte came crashing back to earth… but they are just gonna let him chuck it seems

Sengun getting crushed defensively

Bouknight has 2 whole minutes of floor time

Mitchell had one hot half against us, and the rest of the time has just been PatBev

Franz has been solid

Giddey’s had some troubles but I think he’ll justify his draft position

Tre Murphy was ready ready, and he’s looking good

Who else were people stumping for here?


Barnes, and he's been the most productive pick overall ... but I don't know that it really matters because the Warriors never got a chance to draft him.

There were some for Williams, Kispert, Jalen and Keon Johnson, Garuba, Bones, Thomas, Springer, and on and on.

Every year around now people start realizing that rookie play in the real games generally has a big drop from what they say in summer league and pre-season. It's probably 20 games in that we start getting an idea of what rookie seasons are likely to go like (opportunity minutes being probably the biggest key).

So far, the guys who looked likely to contribute right away have, if healthy. The players that were expected to need time to develop have been much more inconsistent.
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 57,949
And1: 17,683
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
 

Re: 2021 Draft Thread (Postdraft) 

Post#175 » by FNQ » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:27 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
FNQ wrote:Duarte came crashing back to earth… but they are just gonna let him chuck it seems

Sengun getting crushed defensively

Bouknight has 2 whole minutes of floor time

Mitchell had one hot half against us, and the rest of the time has just been PatBev

Franz has been solid

Giddey’s had some troubles but I think he’ll justify his draft position

Tre Murphy was ready ready, and he’s looking good

Who else were people stumping for here?


Barnes, and he's been the most productive pick overall ... but I don't know that it really matters because the Warriors never got a chance to draft him.

There were some for Williams, Kispert, Jalen and Keon Johnson, Garuba, Bones, Thomas, Springer, and on and on.

Every year around now people start realizing that rookie play in the real games generally has a big drop from what they say in summer league and pre-season. It's probably 20 games in that we start getting an idea of what rookie seasons are likely to go like (opportunity minutes being probably the biggest key).

So far, the guys who looked likely to contribute right away have, if healthy. The players that were expected to need time to develop have been much more inconsistent.


Barnes was never a potential pick of ours, may as well say Jalen Green too

Of that list above, Garuba and Bones are the only ones I've seen at all. Garuba's still got it defensively. Offensively might be a while, if ever. But 3 blks and a steal in like 13 minutes, so quick. Bones is gonna be a good bench scorer for a while. Of the rest, what you'd expect. Kispert is hilarious though. He's barely getting into games.. they know what he is, what are they trying to develop? Play him! Or why even take him?
Scoots1994
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,368
And1: 791
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: 2021 Draft Thread (Postdraft) 

Post#176 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:13 pm

FNQ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
FNQ wrote:Duarte came crashing back to earth… but they are just gonna let him chuck it seems

Sengun getting crushed defensively

Bouknight has 2 whole minutes of floor time

Mitchell had one hot half against us, and the rest of the time has just been PatBev

Franz has been solid

Giddey’s had some troubles but I think he’ll justify his draft position

Tre Murphy was ready ready, and he’s looking good

Who else were people stumping for here?


Barnes, and he's been the most productive pick overall ... but I don't know that it really matters because the Warriors never got a chance to draft him.

There were some for Williams, Kispert, Jalen and Keon Johnson, Garuba, Bones, Thomas, Springer, and on and on.

Every year around now people start realizing that rookie play in the real games generally has a big drop from what they say in summer league and pre-season. It's probably 20 games in that we start getting an idea of what rookie seasons are likely to go like (opportunity minutes being probably the biggest key).

So far, the guys who looked likely to contribute right away have, if healthy. The players that were expected to need time to develop have been much more inconsistent.


Barnes was never a potential pick of ours, may as well say Jalen Green too

Of that list above, Garuba and Bones are the only ones I've seen at all. Garuba's still got it defensively. Offensively might be a while, if ever. But 3 blks and a steal in like 13 minutes, so quick. Bones is gonna be a good bench scorer for a while. Of the rest, what you'd expect. Kispert is hilarious though. He's barely getting into games.. they know what he is, what are they trying to develop? Play him! Or why even take him?


When you say "never a potential pick" ... there was a lot of talk early that had him available for the Warriors, but I don't know why you felt the need to say it since I literally said "the Warriors never got a chance to draft him".

Every year some number of rookies are ruined by the team that took them in one way or another and some number of rookies prove they were wildly over-drafted and some number out perform their draft position. With the GL I wonder if the failure rate will go down.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 52,368
And1: 61,417
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: 2021 Draft Thread (Postdraft) 

Post#177 » by clyde21 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:48 pm

Giddey would have been incredible on this team really, like I was saying predraft, could've taken on the Livingston role for us easily...but who cares, he went 6th, I was talking about him @ 14, so it's a moot point
#VivaPalestina#VivaColumbia#VivaNaija

#LoadedLions #CronosChimpClub
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 52,368
And1: 61,417
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: 2021 Draft Thread (Postdraft) 

Post#178 » by clyde21 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:50 pm

don't really wanna hear talk about Duarte, he's a fine player, but dude is pretty much in his prime as a player already, in two years Duarte > Moody is gonna look laughable, same with Davion.
#VivaPalestina#VivaColumbia#VivaNaija

#LoadedLions #CronosChimpClub
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 14,398
And1: 5,857
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: 2021 Draft Thread (Postdraft) 

Post#179 » by wco81 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:14 pm

In two years, Curry may decline significantly or miss a lot of games due to injury.

I remember when Iggy was 33 or 34 and he was missing a lot of games due to various injuries and probably load management.

Of course we hope Kuminga and Moody are great by then but it may be too late to help the core.
User avatar
EvanZ
General Manager
Posts: 8,802
And1: 1,780
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: 2021 Draft Thread (Postdraft) 

Post#180 » by EvanZ » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:21 pm

The ideal outcome for us would have been Franz at 7 and Moody at 14.

Return to Golden State Warriors