ImageImageImageImageImage

2021 Draft Thread (Postdraft)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 851

Re: 2021 Draft Thread (Postdraft) 

Post#261 » by DevinVassell » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:58 pm

TB wrote:I really want the Warriors to trade for Scottie Lewis before he starts making 3's in the next year or two.

I'm sure the Hornets are also high on him, but I'm curious what it would take. Maybe we get lucky and they don't have room for him next year?

Maybe trade one of our 2nds and a future 2nd for him?

If nobody with high upside falls to our 1st rounder, maybe even trade our 1st for Lewis and a future 2nd?

YES, let's trade our 1st for Scottie Lewis. He was no1 on Clydes big board. Lol.

We have a good defender who can't shoot in GPII.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,802

Post#262 » by floppymoose » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:47 pm

Coxy wrote:
Quazza wrote:
floppymoose wrote:What can we get for Klay?

a forum-wide ban

Who knew that there was a guy from Centauri Prime walking among us on the history channel?
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#263 » by TB » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:40 am

DevinVassell wrote:
TB wrote:I really want the Warriors to trade for Scottie Lewis before he starts making 3's in the next year or two.

I'm sure the Hornets are also high on him, but I'm curious what it would take. Maybe we get lucky and they don't have room for him next year?

Maybe trade one of our 2nds and a future 2nd for him?

If nobody with high upside falls to our 1st rounder, maybe even trade our 1st for Lewis and a future 2nd?

YES, let's trade our 1st for Scottie Lewis. He was no1 on Clydes big board. Lol.

We have a good defender who can't shoot in GPII.

I get what you are saying, but our pick is potentially a very late 20's pick in a not so great draft. And Lewis has a ton of potential to go along with already having that Thybulle/GP2 type defensive impact capability. I think he will be an NBA starter at some point.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer

Post#264 » by DevinVassell » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:57 am

Nah I'm kidding around. Picks that late are very hit or miss anyhow. I wouldn't lose sleep if we traded our late first for him. I was all for keeping our picks the last two years. This year, not so much.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#265 » by FNQ » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:03 am

I think this is a really good draft.. or at least, has a lot of depth to it. Top 3 are pretty much etched in stone, and maybe Ivey as a 4th, but my understanding is that the draft is considered less than stellar because of the mid-late lottery being so crazily in flux. I've seen Duren slotted at #5.. I've also seen him in the late teens. Same with Sheldon Sharpe.

But there are a lot of solid players that are projected into the 20s right now.. and maybe thats because draftniks tend to go with unfettered upside more, earlier in the year, rather than realistic potential, which tends to rise after the tourney and teams start showing their hands re: draft strategy.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#266 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:44 pm

FNQ wrote:I think this is a really good draft.. or at least, has a lot of depth to it. Top 3 are pretty much etched in stone, and maybe Ivey as a 4th, but my understanding is that the draft is considered less than stellar because of the mid-late lottery being so crazily in flux. I've seen Duren slotted at #5.. I've also seen him in the late teens. Same with Sheldon Sharpe.

But there are a lot of solid players that are projected into the 20s right now.. and maybe thats because draftniks tend to go with unfettered upside more, earlier in the year, rather than realistic potential, which tends to rise after the tourney and teams start showing their hands re: draft strategy.

I think it's going to take several years for the draft to level out after Covid and the changes in the rules for who is elligible for the NBA.

I see this draft much like last year where there are a lot of questions all over the board, but at least there is a lot more data this year than last year, but still less than in a "normal" year.
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 334

Post#267 » by Mac1958 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:33 am

If the pick is kept, I'd be in the market for a solid player with a high BBIQ.

So in that range, LIddell, Jaylin Williams, to start with.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,258

Post#268 » by wco81 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:09 pm

You guys are talking about the 2022 draft in the 2021 draft thread?

Why is this thread still a sticky?
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Post#269 » by The-Power » Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:20 am

Remember all the talk about Bouknight to the Warriors? Yikes. Terrible Rookie season, terrible life decisions – glad the FO was not fooled.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#270 » by EvanZ » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:41 pm

The-Power wrote:Remember all the talk about Bouknight to the Warriors? Yikes. Terrible Rookie season, terrible life decisions – glad the FO was not fooled.

Yes and I distinctly remember telling everyone to we don't want him. And that was just for basketball reasons, let alone the off court issues. Dude needs to get his life under control and start taking Ubers.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer

Post#271 » by DevinVassell » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:51 pm

I liked Bouknight. Not going to lie.

Man even getting drafted late in the NBA is like winning the lottery. You get four years to do nothing but work on your game 24/7 with world-class facilities, equipment, nutrition, trainers, teammates etc and you get payed handsomely to do it. Just come to work for the next four years, work hard, have fun and your probably going to get at least a 50M contract afterwards.

And still... some people just don't get it. Opposite of Poole.

Return to Golden State Warriors