ImageImageImageImageImage

Warriors 2021 Roster/Lineup

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Re: Warriors 2021 Roster/Lineup 

Post#61 » by Mob Byers » Fri Aug 6, 2021 8:06 pm

floppymoose wrote:This article addresses the roster impacts of Iggy signing, and specifically mentions Lee: https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/what-andre-iguodalas-warriors-return-could-mean-rest-roster

Interesting, I wouldn't mind Mulder in that second 2 way spot next to Mannion. Didn't think about that.

Having Chriss and GP2 getting camp invites would be cool. The staff would be able to evaluate what we need more and go from there. Maybe they end up valuing that extra spot more when it comes down to it. Guess we'll just wait and see!
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#62 » by marthafokker » Fri Aug 6, 2021 8:06 pm

Warriorfan wrote:Warriors improved

Oubre becomes Klay
Paschal and Smiley become Kuminga Moody
Bazemore becomes Otto Porter Bejelinca Iggy

Poole and Wiseman should improve

Don't forget Mannion got pro experience in the Olympics.

And don't forget Dray in the Olympics means he gets less time to get fat before training camp
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
Dom801e
Veteran
And1: 861

Post#63 » by Dom801e » Fri Aug 6, 2021 8:22 pm

There is a higher chance they have 15 on roster if one or two of the guys have non guaranteed contracts.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#64 » by Mylie10 » Fri Aug 6, 2021 8:24 pm

I think they leave the MLE open for next seasons trade deadline and the possible buy outs.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#65 » by killmongrel » Fri Aug 6, 2021 9:15 pm

Mylie10 wrote:I think they leave the MLE open for next seasons trade deadline and the possible buy outs.

Agreed. We're going into the season with 14 players.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#66 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Aug 6, 2021 9:15 pm

floppymoose wrote:This article addresses the roster impacts of Iggy signing, and specifically mentions Lee: https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/what-andre-iguodalas-warriors-return-could-mean-rest-roster

Yep. Pretty much what I expected.

Curry, Poole, Nico (2-way)
Klay, Moody, Lee
Wiggins, Porter, Iguodala
Green, JTA, Kuminga
Wiseman, Looney, Bjelica

GP2, Chriss, Mulder, and others getting camp invites makes sense as long as nobody else wants them.

I hope they bring in a bunch of possible Santa Cruz Warriors to get some run. I really want the NBA to increase the 2-way deals from 2 to 5.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#67 » by Samurai » Fri Aug 6, 2021 9:16 pm

Mob Byers wrote:

Interesting, I wouldn't mind Mulder in that second 2 way spot next to Mannion. Didn't think about that.

Having Chriss and GP2 getting camp invites would be cool. The staff would be able to evaluate what we need more and go from there. Maybe they end up valuing that extra spot more when it comes down to it. Guess we'll just wait and see!

If they keep Lee as #14 and leave #15 open, would it make more sense to take the best looking big in camp and make him the second 2-way (besides Mannion) instead of Mulder? They would then go into the regular season with 3 bigs (Looney, Wiseman, Belly) and if one of them gets hurt (high likelihood) they could bring the 2-way big up to limit JTA and Dray from getting mugged by 7-footers.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#68 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Aug 6, 2021 9:22 pm

Samurai wrote:
Mob Byers wrote:

If they keep Lee as #14 and leave #15 open, would it make more sense to take the best looking big in camp and make him the second 2-way (besides Mannion) instead of Mulder? They would then go into the regular season with 3 bigs (Looney, Wiseman, Belly) and if one of them gets hurt (high likelihood) they could bring the 2-way big up to limit JTA and Dray from getting mugged by 7-footers.

I think the 2nd 2-way should just be the best player. If the team finds themselves relying on a 2-way big they are already screwed.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#69 » by and1GS » Fri Aug 6, 2021 9:44 pm

Would love a Chriss camp invite.

Mulder...I just dont get it. What does he do? He can't even hit wide open corner 3s consistently. I wanted to make sure that wasn't just eye test bias, so check out these weird stats:

Mulder's 3pt%: 39.7%
Mulder catch and shoot: 38%
Mulder from the corner: 37.7%
Mulder wide open from 3: 34% (nearly half of his shots)

Obviously not bad numbers, but for someone we expect to catch and shoot while camping out in the corner for wide open shots, it's concerning those aren't what he's best at.

In his defense, when he's 'open' (4-6 feet) he's striping them at a >40% number, but how long do we need to see this movie before we accept you might as well have Damion eat up those corner minutes to deliver the same or better production with actual defensive output? Or sign a top summer league performer for a 2 way instead? IDK I just don't see the point in Mulder anymore.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
tal57
Junior
And1: 93

Post#70 » by tal57 » Fri Aug 6, 2021 9:56 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:

Yep. Pretty much what I expected.

Curry, Poole, Nico (2-way)
Klay, Moody, Lee
Wiggins, Porter, Iguodala
Green, JTA, Kuminga
Wiseman, Looney, Bjelica

GP2, Chriss, Mulder, and others getting camp invites makes sense as long as nobody else wants them.

I hope they bring in a bunch of possible Santa Cruz Warriors to get some run. I really want the NBA to increase the 2-way deals from 2 to 5.

So did I.
Granted, after those few MLE candidates signing elsewhere and Iggy signing here, that became the most reasonable conclusion.
Like I have said, that GP2 guy had grew on me some. I would have loved for him to go unclaimed and come back to camp on non guaranteed deal. Same with Chriss if he back to his self health wise. Both would be decent situational players if they somehow stick around.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#71 » by floppymoose » Fri Aug 6, 2021 11:33 pm

Wiseman shouldn't start. Not until he's proven something.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#72 » by ChuckDurn » Fri Aug 6, 2021 11:40 pm

Samurai wrote:
Mob Byers wrote:

Given that it's likely Klay won't be ready-to-go in game 1, my guess is that Lee will be the starter (so that they continue to bring Poole off the bench, and because Steph and Lee always seem to have good chemistry on the court). But when Klay is able to come back and play significant minutes, Lee probably will drop to the deep bench. He's probably the most logical guy to start for that first part of the year, which is yet another reason he will like stay on the roster with the 14th spot.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,247

Post#73 » by xdrta+ » Fri Aug 6, 2021 11:43 pm

Since we're listing rosters, this is how it looks to me. Unless one of the trade rumors we keep hearing about, or another one, comes to pass, it seems that these 13 roster spots are set in stone.

Curry
Thompson
Wiggins
Green
Wiseman
Kuminga
Looney
Moody
Poole
Toscano-Anderson
Iguodala
Porter
Bjelica

Nico will be a two-way. If another team makes him an offer it will be inconvenient and the Warriors will have to make a tough decision.

If the Warriors go into the season with 14 on the roster, as I'm pretty sure they would like to, that leaves one spot for Lee, Mulder, and Payton to battle over. Payton is the dark horse but, IMO, he might surprise.

Now, if they decide to add Chriss, or one other FA, that might close the roster, or they might carry 15. But that seems less likely for some reason.
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,286

Post#74 » by CS707 » Fri Aug 6, 2021 11:56 pm

Is Baynes completely useless at this point? I'd still like to have one legit big body on the roster.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#75 » by zimpy27 » Fri Aug 6, 2021 11:57 pm

PG: Curry, Poole, Mulder or GP2
SG: Klay, Moody, Lee
SF: Wiggins, Iguodala, JTA
PF: Green, Porter, Kuminga
C: Looney, Wiseman, Bjelica

Porter is played more as a PF than Iggy. Wiseman has to earn the starting spot from Loon. Mulder and GP2 fight out third-string PG role but I think Mulder takes it.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,374

Post#76 » by GSWFan1994 » Fri Aug 6, 2021 11:57 pm

I think Iggy coming has sealed Jessup's fate. This season, at least.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#77 » by Samurai » Sat Aug 7, 2021 12:16 am

GSWFan1994 wrote:I think Iggy coming has sealed Jessup's fate. This season, at least.

Hopefully this preseason will provide Jessup with some concrete ideas and concepts to work on in Australia so that he can give a better showing next summer.
Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Post#78 » by Mob Byers » Sat Aug 7, 2021 12:56 am

Samurai wrote:
GSWFan1994 wrote:I think Iggy coming has sealed Jessup's fate. This season, at least.

Hopefully this preseason will provide Jessup with some concrete ideas and concepts to work on in Australia so that he can give a better showing next summer.

Someone was saying he won't be with us in preseason w/o signing a standard contract. Has something to do with his NBL buyout clause
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#79 » by azwfan » Sat Aug 7, 2021 1:13 am

xdrta+ wrote:Since we're listing rosters, this is how it looks to me. Unless one of the trade rumors we keep hearing about, or another one, comes to pass, it seems that these 13 roster spots are set in stone.

Curry
Thompson
Wiggins
Green
Wiseman
Kuminga
Looney
Moody
Poole
Toscano-Anderson
Iguodala
Porter
Bjelica

Nico will be a two-way. If another team makes him an offer it will be inconvenient and the Warriors will have to make a tough decision.

If the Warriors go into the season with 14 on the roster, as I'm pretty sure they would like to, that leaves one spot for Lee, Mulder, and Payton to battle over. Payton is the dark horse but, IMO, he might surprise.

Now, if they decide to add Chriss, or one other FA, that might close the roster, or they might carry 15. But that seems less likely for some reason.

Payton has a guarantee date coming up early next week (dont remember the date). I think if he doesn't move that date back, he's getting cut.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,247

Post#80 » by xdrta+ » Sat Aug 7, 2021 1:56 am

azwfan wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:Since we're listing rosters, this is how it looks to me. Unless one of the trade rumors we keep hearing about, or another one, comes to pass, it seems that these 13 roster spots are set in stone.

Curry
Thompson
Wiggins
Green
Wiseman
Kuminga
Looney
Moody
Poole
Toscano-Anderson
Iguodala
Porter
Bjelica

Payton has a guarantee date coming up early next week (dont remember the date). I think if he doesn't move that date back, he's getting cut.

Aug 11 Payton has $659k guarantee. I think they'll keep him through camp, at least, when he has another guarantee on Oct 17 for $1.3M. That will be the one when they decide, IMO.

Return to Golden State Warriors