ImageImageImageImageImage

Do You Now Trade Draymond, Other Pieces/Picks for Simmons Now?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Do You Now Trade Draymond, Other Pieces/Picks for Simmons Now?

Yes
32%
No
68%

Total votes: 76

SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,399

Re: Do You Now Trade Draymond, Other Pieces/Picks for Simmons Now? 

Post#121 » by SpreeChokeJob » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:27 pm

clyde21 wrote:lol @ trading Dray/Minga/Moody for Simmons.

lost yall minds.

To me Kuminga is untouchable. Most upside from this draft.
GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,292

Post#122 » by GunnerWRX » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:36 am

Draymond + pieces for Simmons?

I wouldn't even trade Draymond for Simmons straight up.
LYearsAhead
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#123 » by LYearsAhead » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:23 pm

Tried to find a relevant thread to post this in.

I do think that free agency is far from being finished.

Teams like the Orlando Magic have the contracts to facilitate a large trade for a "superstar" if a team suddenly recognizes the need
to move in a different direction.

The Warriors right now though are "bridging the gap". That's what their doing. And everyone knows that they're doing that because they have said it.

Sometimes though what happens is some event happens in preseason that causes a team to suddenly recognize the need to move in a different direction.

I'd keep a lookout for that in the next few weeks.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,374

Post#124 » by GSWFan1994 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:59 pm

Ok, thanks for the insight.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,260

Post#125 » by Onus » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:50 pm

LYearsAhead wrote:Tried to find a relevant thread to post this in.

I do think that free agency is far from being finished.

Teams like the Orlando Magic have the contracts to facilitate a large trade for a "superstar" if a team suddenly recognizes the need
to move in a different direction.

The Warriors right now though are "bridging the gap". That's what their doing. And everyone knows that they're doing that because they have said it.

Sometimes though what happens is some event happens in preseason that causes a team to suddenly recognize the need to move in a different direction.

I'd keep a lookout for that in the next few weeks.

How can we know what will happen after preseason when Wiseman and Klay both won't be ready by the end of preseason?
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#126 » by shazam_guy » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:21 pm

Some people continue to be desperate for us to trade young talent for older talent. Almost half the posts on this board in the last six months seem to be variations on this theme. That's fine -- it's a board for fans and their opinions -- but it's really just the same old, same old as far as interesting conversation.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#127 » by xdrta+ » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:10 pm

Read on Twitter
/photo/1
Brick Layer
Junior
And1: 116

Post#128 » by Brick Layer » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:20 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Read on Twitter
/photo/1

Joe Lacob just spent $50,000 to shut down all of the realgm posters who were clamoring for the Warriors to trade Ben Simmons.
Chupchup
Junior
And1: 96

Post#129 » by Chupchup » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:11 am

No way I'm trading Draymond for Simmons. I'm not messing with the core of the team (Steph, Dray, & Klay). I rather trade Wiggins + picks for Simmons now. I can't trust Simmons to shoot FTs or Dunk in the 4th quarter of playoff games.

If Dray + Simmons really don't work, then we can decide who to trade at the deadline. Both of them will still be valuable at trade deadline.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#130 » by WarriorGM » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:52 am

Brick Layer wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Read on Twitter
/photo/1

Joe Lacob just spent $50,000 to shut down all of the realgm posters who were clamoring for the Warriors to trade Ben Simmons.

Did Lacob shut anything down? I don't think so. With this news about Wiggins and vaccines, it could quickly start making sense to do that trade.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#131 » by xdrta+ » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:26 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
Brick Layer wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Read on Twitter
/photo/1

Did Lacob shut anything down? I don't think so. With this news about Wiggins and vaccines, it could quickly start making sense to do that trade.

Is any team going to trade for a player that refuses the vaccine, though? Philadelphia, for instance, now mandates vaccines for all city employees, and more and more businesses there are doing the same. Do the 76ers really want to take a chance that there won't be the same kind of health order as in SF and NYC? They could easily be in the same boat as the Warriors.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#132 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:08 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:
Brick Layer wrote:Joe Lacob just spent $50,000 to shut down all of the realgm posters who were clamoring for the Warriors to trade Ben Simmons.

Is any team going to trade for a player that refuses the vaccine, though? Philadelphia, for instance, now mandates vaccines for all city employees, and more and more businesses there are doing the same. Do the 76ers really want to take a chance that there won't be the same kind of health order as in SF and NYC? They could easily be in the same boat as the Warriors.

Wiggins will do it, he's just waiting until he's "forced" to do it.

He's already been mentioned in the Ben Simmons rumors. He doesn't want to get vaccinated just to be sent to another team that wont requires it. Once the season is close enough he'll get vaccinated.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#133 » by xdrta+ » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:17 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:

He's already been mentioned in the Ben Simmons rumors. He doesn't want to get vaccinated just to be sent to another team that wont requires it. Once the season is close enough he'll get vaccinated.

I don't know what makes you so sure. At any rate, to play he needs to be "fully vaccinated" which in the case of the two-dose vaccines means 3-4 weeks between doses, and then a 2 week waiting period. For the one-dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine, it's two weeks after receiving the shot, so time is kind of running out.

I think he's counting on the phony religious exemption to excuse him. The NBA will probably rubber stamp this, but SF may not, nor should they, since he's never appeared to have any connection to a religion that prohibits vaccines. There aren't that many to begin with.

As far as I can tell, he can participate in training camp, since it's not a large, indoor event, as defined in the SF Health Order. That is, if other players are willing to play with him.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM

Post#134 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:24 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

I don't know what makes you so sure. At any rate, to play he needs to be "fully vaccinated" which in the case of the two-dose vaccines means 3-4 weeks between doses, and then a 2 week waiting period. For the one-dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine, it's two weeks after receiving the shot, so time is kind of running out.

I think he's counting on the phony religious exemption to excuse him. The NBA will probably rubber stamp this, but SF may not, nor should they, since he's never appeared to have any connection to a religion that prohibits vaccines. There aren't that many to begin with.

As far as I can tell, he can participate in training camp, since it's not a large, indoor event, as defined in the SF Health Order. That is, if other players are willing to play with him.

It's still 28 days until the first home game. He has until October 7th to get the J&J vaccine if he doesn't want to miss a paycheck, or he could get Moderna or Pfizer today.

I can't imagine him missing paychecks over a vaccine when he's obviously already received other vaccines.

I think J&J are the ones that used aborted fetal cells, so he probably needs to get vaccinated today if his religion is really the issue (doubtful). I'm guessing that's why the story is blowing up right now.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,260

Post#135 » by Onus » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:35 pm

;ab_channel=ESPN
Jalen Rose sees Draymond's time with the Warriors as over and he kind of alludes that this is coming from Draymond ...

Starts at the 4 min mark
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM

Post#136 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:53 pm

Onus wrote:;ab_channel=ESPN
Jalen Rose sees Draymond's time with the Warriors as over and he kind of alludes that this is coming from Draymond ...

Starts at the 4 min mark

Starts at 3:30 mark

I can't believe Rose got so angry that they were called similar. He's really struggling to come up with the over-emotional response that ESPN seems to love.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#137 » by shazam_guy » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:48 pm

Pre-season circle jerk. Fishing for things to talk about. I don't even watch the talking-heads shows for precisely that reason. They're just filling time waiting for actual basketball to begin, which -- as we can see with this board -- leads to a lot of nonsense and time-wasting and invented arguments.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#138 » by HiRez » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:52 am

How the hell is saying you think a player doesn't fit your team tampering? Not crying for Lacob's wallet, but these rules are messed up.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#139 » by FNQ » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:02 am

HiRez wrote:How the hell is saying you think a player doesn't fit your team tampering? Not crying for Lacob's wallet, but these rules are messed up.

They arent enforced the same across the board, but its technically tampering if you go by the letter of the rule. Really, addressing any trade rumor with specifics is technically tampering, but most of the time its ignored. I'd imagine the NBA liked the little publicity coming from Ben to GS rumors, and Lacob pouring water on it got them a little salty :dontknow:
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#140 » by Rastas » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:27 am

Also Lacob's public comments have given Ben a reason to go extra aggressive against the Warriors in any future match up's.
It's no supprise he went for a 40pt Triple against the Jazz last season - Utah has been extra Salty towards Ben since he beat out Spida for ROTY.
The Higher your position the more carefully you should be choosing your words if in Public.

Return to Golden State Warriors