ImageImageImageImageImage

Do You Now Trade Draymond, Other Pieces/Picks for Simmons Now?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Do You Now Trade Draymond, Other Pieces/Picks for Simmons Now?

Yes
32%
No
68%

Total votes: 76

SFrush
Sixth Man
And1: 778

Re: Do You Now Trade Draymond, Other Pieces/Picks for Simmons Now? 

Post#161 » by SFrush » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:50 pm

xdrta+ wrote:Speaking of Draymond, what's up with him? Excused absence from Media Day though he was seen the day before in Los Angeles at the Rams-Buccaneers game. Seems like now he'll miss the first few days of camp, more excused absence. Seems odd.

Probably want to keep him away from strangling Wiggins.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 852

Post#162 » by DevinVassell » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:01 pm

SFrush wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:Speaking of Draymond, what's up with him? Excused absence from Media Day though he was seen the day before in Los Angeles at the Rams-Buccaneers game. Seems like now he'll miss the first few days of camp, more excused absence. Seems odd.

I thought the same thing.

Hard to see Draymond holding his tongue in front of reporters and trying to cover for Wiggins bs. I'm guessing he is not impressed.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#163 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:36 pm

"Simmons perceives the way the Philadelphia 76ers have built around Embiid as not being conducive to the way he wants to play."

100% agree. Sixers will never win a title building around Embiid. Personally I think they should have traded Embiid - which would have gotten them a bounty - and put those guys alongside Ben Simmons.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,249

Post#164 » by xdrta+ » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm

SFrush wrote:

Ha! You're probably right, I didn't think of that. Forget contracting the virus or losing his salary, that's the real danger for Wiggins refusing the vaccine. :lol:
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#165 » by and1GS » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:08 pm

Twinkie defense wrote:"Simmons perceives the way the Philadelphia 76ers have built around Embiid as not being conducive to the way he wants to play."

100% agree. Sixers will never win a title building around Embiid. Personally I think they should have traded Embiid - which would have gotten them a bounty - and put those guys alongside Ben Simmons.

I don't disagree necessarily--you're always rolling the dice on Embiid health--but Joel is more cornerstone while Ben is supporting cast. They've done him absolutely no favors in roster construction, but they'd need multiple star players and a revamped roster if they wanted to shift from Joel to Ben (even earlier on). WDYT?
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#166 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:27 am

and1GS wrote:
Twinkie defense wrote:"Simmons perceives the way the Philadelphia 76ers have built around Embiid as not being conducive to the way he wants to play."

I don't disagree necessarily--you're always rolling the dice on Embiid health--but Joel is more cornerstone while Ben is supporting cast. They've done him absolutely no favors in roster construction, but they'd need multiple star players and a revamped roster if they wanted to shift from Joel to Ben (even earlier on). WDYT?

I'm not saying Simmons is a better player than Enbiid, I just think the game has passed by bigs like Embiid - probably mostly due to rules changes, everything's gotten smaller, faster and more perimeter oriented, and it's much easier to game plan around a guy like Embiid. Shaq was maybe the most dominant player in NBA history and I don't know if a prime Shaq could be the centerpiece of a Championship team in the 2020s. But not everyone has caught onto that - there are still some market inefficiencies - so you can deal Embiid and get a bounty. You could get Lillard or Beal plus a bunch more good players and picks. Now Lillard, Simmons, and a bunch of players and picks - that's the kind of roster you can build into a contender.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#167 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:38 am

Remember Monta Ellis got paid, even though he wrecked his ankle doing a prohibited activity and then lied to the team about it. If the Sixers withhold Ben Simmon's salary I think it will just sour players on the Sixers, and won't force Ben Simmons back into the fold - and you gotta ask if you even want a guy around the team if he doesn't want to be there.
Soca
Veteran
And1: 842

Post#168 » by Soca » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:06 am

SFrush wrote:

:lol:

Return to Golden State Warriors