ImageImageImageImageImage

Do You Now Trade Draymond, Other Pieces/Picks for Simmons Now?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Do You Now Trade Draymond, Other Pieces/Picks for Simmons Now?

Yes
32%
No
68%

Total votes: 76

Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,776

Re: Do You Now Trade Draymond, Other Pieces/Picks for Simmons Now? 

Post#21 » by Upperclass » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:50 pm

Durant wasn't going back to the dubs regardless FYI. That was clearly established during the prior season's playoff run.

Draymond has been wanting to get traded for awhile lowkey imo. He seems to have this fascination with lebron and prob thought he had a path there.. now it seems he just wants to be anywhere else. If they start slow out of the gate he'll prob start causing issues in the locker room.

Simmons isnt the answer either. He appears to be extremely immature in how hes handling this whole situation. He also still wants to play the type of floor game that HE wants to play.

No easy answers for the dubs outside of Curry tbh.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,894

Post#22 » by Samurai » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:54 pm

What are "pieces"? If its Mulder, Lee, sure - but we know Philly is never going for that. If it's our young guys, the future of our post-Curry team, like Kuminga, Moody, Wiseman, then its a hard pass for me.
GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,296

Post#23 » by GunnerWRX » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:57 pm

I will wait until after training camp to see if Draymond will sit out first.
parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,611

Post#24 » by parsnips33 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:58 pm

I'd sooner trade Bob and Steve
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#25 » by Money_ » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:15 pm

People always underestimate how important Draymond is/was to this team....
He's one of my favorite players, but he and KD sound like a couple of out of touch p*ssies during this interview.
Grow up and take some responsibility for your actions.

If I'm Bob or Joe, I'd go completely 100% with however #30 is feeling about the situation.
Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Post#26 » by Mob Byers » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:36 pm

Money_ wrote:People always underestimate how important Draymond is/was to this team....
He's one of my favorite players, but he and KD sound like a couple of out of touch p*ssies during this interview.
Grow up and take some responsibility for your actions.

If I'm Bob or Joe, I'd go completely 100% with however #30 is feeling about the situation.

Funny because he did take responsibility back in 2019 during a sit down interview with Woj and Myers

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/draymond-green-and-bob-myers/id1470466331?i=1000454587608
Around 22 min mark
Around 28 min he kind of hints FO should've stayed out of it but "not in this case". Then goes on to say the communication was poor

Yet now he is singing a different tune it seems :nonono:
Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Post#27 » by Ilovethebay » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:48 pm

TB wrote:
Ilovethebay wrote:
TB wrote:
Insanity. And even coming off of an Olympic gold without Steph/Klay where he was clearly one of the best players (i'd argue the most impactful center even over Bam who was also great).

Who cares about gold medals in basketball for team USA. Thats a pretty low bar if you ask me. That why its huge news when we don't win. I go back and forth on Draymond. Can't argue with his contributions, but they come at a cost. We were one stupid Draymond tech away sports fan nirvana, so excuse me if I choose not to worship the ground he walks on 24/7 like most people here.

I feel like the 2016 narrative got skewed and lost along the way.

1) A few of the technicals and flagrants Dray got were pretty weak. And its a dumb NBA rule to begin with. One was like hugging Harden at the buzzer of a game. The Lebron initiated one is well documented. Not really putting too much blame on Dray when even Kerr has said numerous times that you allow those negative moments because you have to live on the edge with Dray to get the good out of Dray. For 100 great things, you get a few bad fouls and technicals. Is what it is.

2) We had game 6 and 7 to win a game with Dray. We lost. This is not a scenario that Draymond not getting suspended guarantees a title. Would it have helped? Of course. But it doesn't take away the fact that the Cavs beat us game 6 and 7 as well. Harrison Barnes went 2-14, 0-8, and 3-10 in games 5-7.... if we need someone to blame its more on Barnes than Dray. And after Barnes, Steph and Klay not shooting it well game 7 is just a big a loss as Dray not being there for game 5.

I agree mostly. Game 6 Dray played like crap because his head wasn’t right after the suspension. But I cant argue against the rest of what you wrote. I still think his suspension was the lynchpin. Funny thing is, he would have been the finals mvp if they won it that year.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#28 » by TB » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:55 pm

Ilovethebay wrote:
TB wrote:
Ilovethebay wrote:Who cares about gold medals in basketball for team USA. Thats a pretty low bar if you ask me. That why its huge news when we don't win. I go back and forth on Draymond. Can't argue with his contributions, but they come at a cost. We were one stupid Draymond tech away sports fan nirvana, so excuse me if I choose not to worship the ground he walks on 24/7 like most people here.

I feel like the 2016 narrative got skewed and lost along the way.

1) A few of the technicals and flagrants Dray got were pretty weak. And its a dumb NBA rule to begin with. One was like hugging Harden at the buzzer of a game. The Lebron initiated one is well documented. Not really putting too much blame on Dray when even Kerr has said numerous times that you allow those negative moments because you have to live on the edge with Dray to get the good out of Dray. For 100 great things, you get a few bad fouls and technicals. Is what it is.

2) We had game 6 and 7 to win a game with Dray. We lost. This is not a scenario that Draymond not getting suspended guarantees a title. Would it have helped? Of course. But it doesn't take away the fact that the Cavs beat us game 6 and 7 as well. Harrison Barnes went 2-14, 0-8, and 3-10 in games 5-7.... if we need someone to blame its more on Barnes than Dray. And after Barnes, Steph and Klay not shooting it well game 7 is just a big a loss as Dray not being there for game 5.

I agree mostly. Game 6 Dray played like crap because his head wasn’t right after the suspension. But I cant argue against the rest of what you wrote. I still think his suspension was the lynchpin. Funny thing is, he would have been the finals mvp if they won it that year.

Yup good point about game 6. And agreed, he probably gets that MVP with his amazing game 7.
Dubs 707
Junior
And1: 146

Post#29 » by Dubs 707 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:37 am

Why assume he wants to be traded lol
Looney for MVP
Winning Against Rivals Regularly In Our Running Style
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,980

Post#30 » by DonaldSanders » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:08 am

Draymond is battle tested and you want him in the playoffs, his play rises up in big moments rather than down like Simmons.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#31 » by cdubbz » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:17 am

jaymo123 wrote:We all know about the recent interview by Draymond and KD with both putting blame on management. Do you think dubs trade Draymond, other pieces/picks for Simmons now?

No. Just finished the interview and it wasn't anything to be mad about. They blamed the management for the way they handled it - so what? loved the interview by the way.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#32 » by hamncheese » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:23 am

"Hell naw."
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#33 » by xdrta+ » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:49 am

Silly to think they would trade him over that interview. I mean, Draymond has yelled at and argues with Kerr before, in public, did that trigger a trade? That's all ancient history anyway.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#34 » by marthafokker » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:19 am

The NBA is the new WWE, this is part of the show.

Nothing to see here.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#35 » by Twinkie defense » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:01 am

Lol, no.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#36 » by Twinkie defense » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:03 am

KD seems a little fragile - you can bet Draymond has yelled at Steph and Klay.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#37 » by Twinkie defense » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:04 am

Draymond has rings without KD.
But KD doesn't have rings without Draymond.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#38 » by Twinkie defense » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:07 am

In the Olympics KD half-assed his three-point defense on a play and Draymond yelled at him. The next time KD's man attempted a three, KD blocked his shot.
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 334

Post#39 » by Mac1958 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:20 am

HiRez wrote:If I'm going to get upset about a Draymond suspension, it's the one in the 2016 Finals.

Yep. That will always stick with me. That cost a ring.
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,251

Post#40 » by Outside » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:51 pm

People getting all worked up about this is like people getting all worked up about Myers' bad joke at the title celebration. It's just looking for an excuse to get worked up.

Myers and Kerr are big boys. They can handle it.

Return to Golden State Warriors