Draymond/Simmons frontcourt

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,087

Re: Draymond/Simmons frontcourt 

Post#41 » by Outside » Wed Sep 8, 2021 7:51 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:if simmons is so adverse to criticism and is basically drowning in entitlement, hows he going to react when Dray gives him a dirty look?

He going to call Rich Paul and take it to social media? Or is he just going to quit? Nothing in his history says he will buck up.

Didnt he quit on LSU?
isnt he quitting on the 6ers?
Will he quit on the warriors?

This is pretty much where I'm at. As enticing as the basketball aspect could be, I can't get behind a trade for Simmons because of the resistance he's shown to working on the weak part of his game, the way he folds in crunch time in the playoffs, and his unwillingness to accept criticism. If you bring him in and he clicks into a new role with a new team, then yeah, it could elevate the Warriors to title contenders, but if all this bad stuff rears its ugly head, you've wasted the last of Curry's prime.

BTW, you forgot quitting on the Australian national team.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,074

Post#42 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Sep 8, 2021 8:36 pm

I would love a Draymond Green/Ben Simmons frontcourt. If I could I would roll out five all-around, long small forward types every game. The one weakness of Ben Simmons' game is the skill most easily taught - shooting. I remember Larry Riley saying the Warriors didn't need (to draft) a guy like Kawhi Leonard. WHAT!? Every team can use a guy like Kawhi Leonard. You put three shooters around Draymond and Ben and watch the ball fly up and down the court - steals turning into dunks on the other end. Beautiful motion and passing confounding defenses and leading to wide-open backdoor cuts. The way the Warriors roster is currently assembled IDK how you do it, but those two paired with the right guards and wings would be a beautiful thing to behold.

Personally I think the Sixers' problems stem more from Doc Rivers' inflexible, old-school coaching and trying to build around a traditional center (yeah Embiid can shoot the three a bit, but still... ) than it does with Ben Simmons, who will flourish again in the right setting. Really Ben Simmons was made to be a Warrior... of course I wouldn't want to trade Wiggins, Wiseman, Kuminga, and two first round picks for him...
his_airness
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#43 » by his_airness » Wed Sep 8, 2021 8:58 pm

HiRez wrote:
Brick Layer wrote:Thought the following link on the 76ers and Ben Simmons might be of interest:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/sixers/when-will-ben-simmons-look-mirror-doc-rivers-joel-embiid

Simmons straight up for Wiggins sounds OK right now. Seems very unlikely Lacob is going to give away the whole boat for him, so that's good. If we get him, it'll be relatively cheaply. If not, I will enjoy every moment of Morey being tortured by his greed.

I was for getting Ben Simmons at first since Dame and Beal trade rumors fell by the wayside. After all, Simmons is a 3x All-Star and will likely make it again in 2022. He is a big man PG who is pass first, score inside, rebound and play strong D. His height and body profile would match those of Kevin Durant w/o the outside shooting. The upside was Ben was a big pass first PG who can fit with James Wiseman as Steph and Wiseman do not fit. However, his lack of outside shooting could throw a monkey wrench in the well oiled machinery of the Dubs motion offense.

Then there were the greedy antics of the 6ers who wanted "Andrew Wiggins and James Wiseman to Philadelphia. In addition to that, Sixers front office head Daryl Morey requested the seventh and 14th picks in the 2021 NBA Draft as well as two future first-round selections" and the Dubs promptly said no.

So, I think now the Dubs will be focusing on their upcoming season with the players they got and having Jordan Poole start while Klay works himself back into shape and the SL. Time is on their side as Simmons has cut off all communications and said he won't report to training camp. I think he had to make the 6ers serious in trading him or else they would just remain status quo and use him to their benefit while saying we're gonna trade you.

As for cheaply, the greedy 6ers still want too much but they have come down, "In a new trade suggestion from Bleacher Report, the Sixers are going Simmons to the Golden State Warriors for Andrew Wiggins, Moses Moody, a 2023 first-round pick swap, a 2025 first-round pick swap, and a 2026 first-round pick." I'll go for the pick swaps, but not a '26 FRP (!).
Brick Layer
Junior
And1: 116

Post#44 » by Brick Layer » Wed Sep 8, 2021 9:54 pm

his_airness wrote:
HiRez wrote:
Brick Layer wrote:Thought the following link on the 76ers and Ben Simmons might be of interest:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/sixers/when-will-ben-simmons-look-mirror-doc-rivers-joel-embiid

Simmons straight up for Wiggins sounds OK right now. Seems very unlikely Lacob is going to give away the whole boat for him, so that's good. If we get him, it'll be relatively cheaply. If not, I will enjoy every moment of Morey being tortured by his greed.

I was for getting Ben Simmons at first since Dame and Beal trade rumors fell by the wayside. After all, Simmons is a 3x All-Star and will likely make it again in 2022. He is a big man PG who is pass first, score inside, rebound and play strong D. His height and body profile would match those of Kevin Durant w/o the outside shooting. The upside was Ben was a big pass first PG who can fit with James Wiseman as Steph and Wiseman do not fit. However, his lack of outside shooting could throw a monkey wrench in the well oiled machinery of the Dubs motion offense.

Then there were the greedy antics of the 6ers who wanted "Andrew Wiggins and James Wiseman to Philadelphia. In addition to that, Sixers front office head Daryl Morey requested the seventh and 14th picks in the 2021 NBA Draft as well as two future first-round selections" and the Dubs promptly said no.

So, I think now the Dubs will be focusing on their upcoming season with the players they got and having Jordan Poole start while Klay works himself back into shape and the SL. Time is on their side as Simmons has cut off all communications and said he won't report to training camp. I think he had to make the 6ers serious in trading him or else they would just remain status quo and use him to their benefit while saying we're gonna trade you.

As for cheaply, the greedy 6ers still want too much but they have come down, "In a new trade suggestion from Bleacher Report, the Sixers are going Simmons to the Golden State Warriors for Andrew Wiggins, Moses Moody, a 2023 first-round pick swap, a 2025 first-round pick swap, and a 2026 first-round pick." I'll go for the pick swaps, but not a '26 FRP (!).

This is still an overpay for GSW. Four years ago Simmons took a grand total of 248 shots that were 10 feet or more from the basket. That number has declined every year to the point Ben Simmons now won't take any shots in the 4th quarter of playoff games when his team's entire season is on the line. If the Warriors want to maximize the remaining prime NBA years for Stephen Curry, the last thing I would want is to give up a boatload of assets for a player being paid a max contract over the next 4 years who won't even dunk the ball in the 4th quarter because he's afraid of being fouled and is sacred to death he can't make free throws. Brett Brown lost his job trying to coax Ben Simmons into shooting the ball and now Doc Rivers is experiencing similar results. The only difference is Ben Simmons is now demanding a trade from Philly but the real problem is Ben Simmons refuses to look into the mirror to see who is the real problem. So far Ben Simmons is refusing to admit he is the problem and thinks a trade will fix all of his shooting problems. I would like the team that gets snookered into trading for Simmons be any NBA team except the Warriors.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#45 » by HiRez » Wed Sep 8, 2021 9:55 pm

his_airness wrote:
HiRez wrote:

That's still too much, but yes, there is a little movement there.

I wouldn't want to give up Moody, but I can see the Warriors—assuming they really want Simmons—maybe sending either Moody or Poole (both could help with the Sixers shooting woes) since they could be seen as somewhat redundant when considering Klay. I don't want to give anyone up but I might actually prefer to move Poole if my hand were forced because I think Moody has better defensive potential and is a more balanced player, plus Moody is under team control for an additional 2 years.

In the end, the Warriors would have to give up something they value for Simmons. Morey's asking price was ridiculous, but you can also not reasonably expect them to just give Simmons away either. I don't think it's going to be Wiseman or Kuminga, so it's probably either Moody or Poole plus maybe a couple picks or pick swaps. But no more than that.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#46 » by Coxy » Thu Sep 9, 2021 3:13 am

Outside wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:if simmons is so adverse to criticism and is basically drowning in entitlement, hows he going to react when Dray gives him a dirty look?

He going to call Rich Paul and take it to social media? Or is he just going to quit? Nothing in his history says he will buck up.

Didnt he quit on LSU?
isnt he quitting on the 6ers?
Will he quit on the warriors?

This is pretty much where I'm at. As enticing as the basketball aspect could be, I can't get behind a trade for Simmons because of the resistance he's shown to working on the weak part of his game, the way he folds in crunch time in the playoffs, and his unwillingness to accept criticism. If you bring him in and he clicks into a new role with a new team, then yeah, it could elevate the Warriors to title contenders, but if all this bad stuff rears its ugly head, you've wasted the last of Curry's prime.

BTW, you forgot quitting on the Australian national team.

Yep, he sure did.

Honestly, I'm an Aussie but it's pretty easy for me to say screw Ben Simmons, and screw Klutch Rich Paul ass hat Sports. I don't want Ben anywhere near the Warriors.

Return to Golden State Warriors