ImageImageImageImageImage

Poole needs to come off bench

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Old_Blue
Pro Prospect
Posts: 944
And1: 249
Joined: Jul 02, 2019
         

Re: Poole needs to come off bench 

Post#61 » by Old_Blue » Wed Nov 3, 2021 10:38 pm

FNQ wrote:
GunnerWRX wrote:Saying Lamelo has character issue is too much.

Knowing Lavar would suddenly disappear and stopped being a distraction is prophet-level stuff.


Lavar tried to have LaMelo's original HS coach fired.. because the coach took issue with LaMelo's shot selection as he was launching from Steph Curry level distance. And then once that coach left, Lavar pulled LaMelo from HS because the new coach wouldn't let LaMelo take every shot down the court.

Then Lavar and LaMelo went to Lithuania, where Lavar again pulled his son from the team because they both had issues with the coach.

Pretending like there were no red flags around LaMelo from a character side is ridiculous. He didn't play well and he didnt play team ball there. In the NBL he was definitely better, but you can't just forget how he got there. Revisionist stuff


Chill. Nobody's trying to revise history. It's just a discussion of the degree to which Lavar was still perceived to be a liability with LaMelo as compared to with Lonzo.
GSWFan1994 wrote:Giddey at 7 is like a bad joke. It's extremely high for him.


GSWFan1994 wrote:I want no part of Mitchell, not even in the 14th.


GSWFan1994 wrote:Regarding Duarte and Murphy, I surely hope the FO is doing the homework. These guys won't cut it.
User avatar
Impuniti
Head Coach
Posts: 7,030
And1: 5,357
Joined: Jan 18, 2016

Re: Poole needs to come off bench 

Post#62 » by Impuniti » Thu Nov 4, 2021 3:07 am

GSWFan1994 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:Is this place dead? Where are the game topics boys? 4 day break and we still don't have one of match day.


I did one some days ago but it was deleted, apparently, because posting pics of beautiful women is offensive to some people.

Image
User avatar
and1GS
RealGM
Posts: 23,989
And1: 1,984
Joined: Nov 12, 2008
Location: home of 3x champs + supporter of all-time weakest moves
   

Re: Poole needs to come off bench 

Post#63 » by and1GS » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:32 am

FNQ wrote:
GunnerWRX wrote:Saying Lamelo has character issue is too much.

Knowing Lavar would suddenly disappear and stopped being a distraction is prophet-level stuff.


Lavar tried to have LaMelo's original HS coach fired.. because the coach took issue with LaMelo's shot selection as he was launching from Steph Curry level distance. And then once that coach left, Lavar pulled LaMelo from HS because the new coach wouldn't let LaMelo take every shot down the court.

Then Lavar and LaMelo went to Lithuania, where Lavar again pulled his son from the team because they both had issues with the coach.

Pretending like there were no red flags around LaMelo from a character side is ridiculous. He didn't play well and he didnt play team ball there. In the NBL he was definitely better, but you can't just forget how he got there. Revisionist stuff
Didn't he punch a guy in one of those showcase games his dad set up?

Come on guys. It's not some Wiseman conspiracy. I literally preferred LaMelo, but acting like he was AD as a prospect is just silly. Be real. Or you can keep finger pointing, saying it's all a conspiracy and then post in every thread that we should have drafted LaMelo. Ya that seems more productive. It's like complaining you should have married your one night stand instead of your wife...get over it.
Mob Byers on COVID-19 wrote:Yawn, people die every day

Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY
User avatar
EvanZ
General Manager
Posts: 8,802
And1: 1,780
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: Poole needs to come off bench 

Post#64 » by EvanZ » Sat Nov 6, 2021 12:53 am

GSWFan1994 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:Is this place dead? Where are the game topics boys? 4 day break and we still don't have one of match day.


I did one some days ago but it was deleted, apparently, because posting pics of beautiful women is offensive to some people.


At least half of them.
User avatar
EvanZ
General Manager
Posts: 8,802
And1: 1,780
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: Poole needs to come off bench 

Post#65 » by EvanZ » Sat Nov 6, 2021 12:55 am

FNQ wrote:
GunnerWRX wrote:Saying Lamelo has character issue is too much.

Knowing Lavar would suddenly disappear and stopped being a distraction is prophet-level stuff.


Lavar tried to have LaMelo's original HS coach fired.. because the coach took issue with LaMelo's shot selection as he was launching from Steph Curry level distance. And then once that coach left, Lavar pulled LaMelo from HS because the new coach wouldn't let LaMelo take every shot down the court.

Then Lavar and LaMelo went to Lithuania, where Lavar again pulled his son from the team because they both had issues with the coach.

Pretending like there were no red flags around LaMelo from a character side is ridiculous. He didn't play well and he didnt play team ball there. In the NBL he was definitely better, but you can't just forget how he got there. Revisionist stuff


You'd make a terrible lawyer. Literally you didn't mention one red flag *about* LaMelo. We weren't drafting his **** dad. :lol:

As if LaVar was going to have any control over Melo on the Warriors. :banghead:
User avatar
EvanZ
General Manager
Posts: 8,802
And1: 1,780
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: Poole needs to come off bench 

Post#66 » by EvanZ » Sat Nov 6, 2021 12:58 am

and1GS wrote:Be real. Or you can keep finger pointing, saying it's all a conspiracy and then post in every thread that we should have drafted LaMelo.


My preferred approach tbh. As long as there are people that are going to promote the Wiseman Agenda.
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 57,950
And1: 17,683
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
 

Re: Poole needs to come off bench 

Post#67 » by FNQ » Sat Nov 6, 2021 1:26 am

EvanZ wrote: Literally you didn't mention one red flag *about* LaMelo.


FNQ wrote:Lavar tried to have LaMelo's original HS coach fired.. because the coach took issue with LaMelo's shot selection as he was launching from Steph Curry level distance.

And then once that coach left, Lavar pulled LaMelo from HS because the new coach wouldn't let LaMelo take every shot down the court.

Then Lavar and LaMelo went to Lithuania, where Lavar again pulled his son from the team because they both had issues with the coach.


EvanZ wrote:You'd make a terrible lawyer. :banghead:
User avatar
EvanZ
General Manager
Posts: 8,802
And1: 1,780
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: Poole needs to come off bench 

Post#68 » by EvanZ » Sat Nov 6, 2021 2:12 am

Literally no red flags about LaMelo. Exactly what I said.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 57,950
And1: 17,683
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
 

Re: Poole needs to come off bench 

Post#69 » by FNQ » Sat Nov 6, 2021 2:29 am

Has issues with 3 consecutive coaches, gets pulled from 3 teams, and no red flags

K
GunnerWRX
Senior
Posts: 508
And1: 263
Joined: Mar 26, 2021

Re: Poole needs to come off bench 

Post#70 » by GunnerWRX » Sat Nov 6, 2021 4:08 am

Poole +20 right now. Let’s bring him off the bench.
User avatar
and1GS
RealGM
Posts: 23,989
And1: 1,984
Joined: Nov 12, 2008
Location: home of 3x champs + supporter of all-time weakest moves
   

Re: Poole needs to come off bench 

Post#71 » by and1GS » Sat Nov 6, 2021 4:42 am

FNQ wrote:Has issues with 3 consecutive coaches, gets pulled from 3 teams, and no red flags

K
Just boiz bein boiz: https://youtu.be/0652f6DzA58

If we're gonna give CP3 crap for punching a guy in the nuts in college and never let Grayson live down his tripping then I'm not sure how we can act like this never happened.
Mob Byers on COVID-19 wrote:Yawn, people die every day

Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY
michaelm
General Manager
Posts: 7,656
And1: 3,347
Joined: Apr 06, 2010
 

Re: Poole needs to come off bench 

Post#72 » by michaelm » Sat Nov 6, 2021 4:50 am

and1GS wrote:
FNQ wrote:Has issues with 3 consecutive coaches, gets pulled from 3 teams, and no red flags

K
Just boiz bein boiz: https://youtu.be/0652f6DzA58

If we're gonna give CP3 crap for punching a guy in the nuts in college and never let Grayson live down his tripping then I'm not sure how we can act like this never happened.

No way would LaMelo or Lavar be happy with the minutes he would be getting as a bench player at GSW. I am not sure he is all that interested in playing defense either, always the touchstone of the good/great GSW teams.

Sure he might have been a good choice for the longer term for GSW, but so might Wiseman still be, and JW won't be competing for guard minutes/to be the main man of the team.
sjballer03
Senior
Posts: 532
And1: 401
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
 

Re: Poole needs to come off bench 

Post#73 » by sjballer03 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 5:25 am

and1GS wrote:
FNQ wrote:Has issues with 3 consecutive coaches, gets pulled from 3 teams, and no red flags

K
Just boiz bein boiz: https://youtu.be/0652f6DzA58

If we're gonna give CP3 crap for punching a guy in the nuts in college and never let Grayson live down his tripping then I'm not sure how we can act like this never happened.


But acknowledging that incident would be promoting the Wiseman agenda :lol:
a8bil
Veteran
Posts: 2,915
And1: 1,194
Joined: Jan 18, 2007

Re: Poole needs to come off bench 

Post#74 » by a8bil » Sat Nov 6, 2021 5:29 am

EvanZ wrote:
FNQ wrote:
GunnerWRX wrote:Saying Lamelo has character issue is too much.

Knowing Lavar would suddenly disappear and stopped being a distraction is prophet-level stuff.


Lavar tried to have LaMelo's original HS coach fired.. because the coach took issue with LaMelo's shot selection as he was launching from Steph Curry level distance. And then once that coach left, Lavar pulled LaMelo from HS because the new coach wouldn't let LaMelo take every shot down the court.

Then Lavar and LaMelo went to Lithuania, where Lavar again pulled his son from the team because they both had issues with the coach.

Pretending like there were no red flags around LaMelo from a character side is ridiculous. He didn't play well and he didnt play team ball there. In the NBL he was definitely better, but you can't just forget how he got there. Revisionist stuff


You'd make a terrible lawyer. Literally you didn't mention one red flag *about* LaMelo. We weren't drafting his **** dad. :lol:

As if LaVar was going to have any control over Melo on the Warriors. :banghead:
Lol..oh boy....I hope you're not an attorney, because you'ld realize how silly that sounded.
sjballer03
Senior
Posts: 532
And1: 401
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
 

Re: Poole needs to come off bench 

Post#75 » by sjballer03 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 2:29 pm

Whatever job EvanZ has, I'm sure he's as terrible at it as his posts are.
watch1958
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,796
And1: 420
Joined: Aug 03, 2001

Re: Poole needs to come off bench 

Post#76 » by watch1958 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 2:37 pm

sjballer03 wrote:Whatever job EvanZ has, I'm sure he's as terrible at it as his posts are.

I suspect you are wrong. I find Evan annoying and condescending. I disagree with him lots (though we agree on Moody).

But I have never seen anything indicating he was stupid, lazy or ill-informed.

Quite the contrary. So I’d expect he is successful at whatever he does.

Unless he’s a marriage counselor.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
User avatar
whatisacenter
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,015
And1: 6,322
Joined: Aug 05, 2013
 

Re: Poole needs to come off bench 

Post#77 » by whatisacenter » Sat Nov 6, 2021 3:51 pm

Poole has been huge the past two games. Maybe it's ok to give young players time to develop before making sweeping assumptions...
User avatar
DonaldSanders
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,736
And1: 1,875
Joined: Jan 22, 2012
     

Re: Poole needs to come off bench 

Post#78 » by DonaldSanders » Sat Nov 6, 2021 7:28 pm

whatisacenter wrote:Poole has been huge the past two games. Maybe it's ok to give young players time to develop before making sweeping assumptions...



It's just the typical early season overreactions. You have to give guys a chance and it is important for them to feel comfortable like they're not getting pulled if they go through a little slump.
GunnerWRX
Senior
Posts: 508
And1: 263
Joined: Mar 26, 2021

Re: Poole needs to come off bench 

Post#79 » by GunnerWRX » Sat Nov 6, 2021 9:04 pm

Most of the board like Moody anyway.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 52,369
And1: 61,417
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Poole needs to come off bench 

Post#80 » by clyde21 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 10:51 pm

GunnerWRX wrote:Poole +20 right now. Let’s bring him off the bench.


yes. if anything Poole is proving more he needs to be the off-bench gunner.

people who think that someone should be a starter because he can score 20 pts don't really understand how successful bball teams are built.
#VivaPalestina#VivaColumbia#VivaNaija

#LoadedLions #CronosChimpClub

Return to Golden State Warriors