I think this team could be pretty good

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,172

Re: I think this team could be pretty good 

Post#61 » by watch1958 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:12 pm

a8bil wrote:
a8bil wrote:Okay...it was just the Pels...but there was some nice evidence introduced tonight. Contributions coming from the entire roster, particularly GPII. I'm guessing he becomes a fan favorite over the year. I see him stripping Lebron in the WC Finals to send us to the NBA finals. :wink:

Okay...I feel like I can take a little credit for this take...I wasn't wrong... :wink: No, Lebron wasn't there at the WCF, but GPII fulfilled the prophesy.
But they didn't celebrate Curry's mojo enough. That's why they lost to Denver, Memphis, Dallas and Boston. Another chance wasted...oh, never mind.

Seriously though, at least Steph finally exposed his Finals MVPness. I mean, after the WCF, we got to see his Magic Johnson, but this is something special.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Re: I think this team could be pretty good 

Post#62 » by shazam_guy » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:43 pm

I've tried to stop arguing with stupid anti Steph- and Kerr-memes, although the fact we still get them even on a Warriors board from supposed Ws fans is sometimes annoying. But the point of picking idiot positions and defending them loudly is not to prove those positions right -- can't be done, usually -- but to make everyone notice you, and I'd rather not contribute to that.

However, I'm proud of myself that I haven't taken shots at any of the people who were most critical of the Dubs all season and now are acting like they were behind them all the way. I'm trying to be a classy winner (in the sense that all Warriors fans just won, because I had nothing to do with the finals win except holding onto my faith.)

Return to Golden State Warriors