Re: Around the NBA V: Live and Let Die 

Post#201 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Feb 4, 2022 3:09 pm

floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,802

Post#202 » by floppymoose » Fri Feb 4, 2022 7:55 pm

Suns lost 10th game. 73-9 safe another season.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#203 » by donkeylips » Fri Feb 4, 2022 10:14 pm

nice move by the clippers; giving up keon johnson to get normal powell and covington
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,664

Post#204 » by Coxy » Sat Feb 5, 2022 2:05 am

floppymoose wrote:Suns lost 10th game. 73-9 safe another season.

It'll be 40 years before our record is broken. Lebron's cyborg great grandchildren will team up with him as head coach and 6th man to break it.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#205 » by Quazza » Sat Feb 5, 2022 6:26 am

My girl is a die hard blazers fan.

Fair to say she's not exactly thrilled with the trade. In the last 12 months , they've turned Trent Jr and 2 firsts, into Eric Bledsoe

That's early 2000s us bad
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,321

Post#206 » by NeoWarriors » Sat Feb 5, 2022 1:33 pm

I may be the only one that thinks that Portland didn't do too bad in that trade. They basically dumped Norman Powell's salary for Norman Powell on a rookie contract. Covington is a shell of his former self...

Sent from my Golden State Warriors Protoast Elite toaster using RealGM mobile app
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#207 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Feb 6, 2022 4:51 pm

NeoWarriors wrote:I may be the only one that thinks that Portland didn't do too bad in that trade. They basically dumped Norman Powell's salary for Norman Powell on a rookie contract. Covington is a shell of his former self...

I think they did okay. Dumping 2 players underperforming their contracts who have no future with the team. The only real question is how deep does this go ... re-vamp, re-build, or re-start from scratch?
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#208 » by Old_Blue » Sun Feb 6, 2022 9:57 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
NeoWarriors wrote:I may be the only one that thinks that Portland didn't do too bad in that trade. They basically dumped Norman Powell's salary for Norman Powell on a rookie contract. Covington is a shell of his former self...

I think they did okay. Dumping 2 players underperforming their contracts who have no future with the team. The only real question is how deep does this go ... re-vamp, re-build, or re-start from scratch?

I really don't get the Norman Powell bashing. Dude plays defense and is shooting 45.6/40.6/80.3 with 5 FT attempts per game on a contract that pays him approximately $75 million over the next 4 years.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#209 » by FNQ » Tue Feb 8, 2022 4:55 am

When he does play defense.. practice?

Allen Iverson, take this one home for me please
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 450

Post#210 » by superunknown » Tue Feb 8, 2022 12:30 pm

well, the point is the blazers FO basically turned trent jr and 2 firsts into bledsoe and a second.
that's ugly, whatever angle you look at it.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,922

Post#211 » by whatisacenter » Tue Feb 8, 2022 4:14 pm

Portland making more moves
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#212 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Feb 8, 2022 4:32 pm

superunknown wrote:well, the point is the blazers FO basically turned trent jr and 2 firsts into bledsoe and a second.
that's ugly, whatever angle you look at it.

The front office that made the first deal (the really bad one) got fired.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#213 » by and1GS » Tue Feb 8, 2022 4:57 pm

What a series of disastrous trades for Portland. I feel like CJ can be much maligned at times, but he was an all star before his injury last year. And you get a 5-14 protected first round pick and a couple of seconds for him? Hart and Nance is a wash. Nickeil Alexander-Walker is a nice backup PG...but that basically makes him the crown jewel of this deal. So what the **** was the point of this? It basically amounts to a straight salary dump of CJ.

As for the other trade, Eric Bledsoe aggressively made the Clippers worse when he was on the floor...and he still has another year left on his deal! Another salary dump to get out from under 4 years of Norm Powell--a good player with real value--on the outside chance that an ultra-raw Keon Johnson can be something?

Jesus **** christ. I've heard of blow it up, but this is something else. Dame will be gone soon I'm sure, but based on these returns and the season he was having does anybody think they get anywhere near a Harden haul? I don't think so.

At least they got all that cap room now for all those guys dying to play in Portland, the FA hot spot.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,321

Post#214 » by NeoWarriors » Tue Feb 8, 2022 5:12 pm

and1GS wrote:What a series of disastrous trades for Portland. I feel like CJ can be much maligned at times, but he was an all star before his injury last year. And you get a 5-14 protected first round pick and a couple of seconds for him? Hart and Nance is a wash. Nickeil Alexander-Walker is a nice backup PG...but that basically makes him the crown jewel of this deal. So what the **** was the point of this? It basically amounts to a straight salary dump of CJ.

As for the other trade, Eric Bledsoe aggressively made the Clippers worse when he was on the floor...and he still has another year left on his deal! Another salary dump to get out from under 4 years of Norm Powell--a good player with real value--on the outside chance that an ultra-raw Keon Johnson can be something?

Jesus **** christ. I've heard of blow it up, but this is something else. Dame will be gone soon I'm sure, but based on these returns and the season he was having does anybody think they get anywhere near a Harden haul? I don't think so.

At least they got all that cap room now for all those guys dying to play in Portland, the FA hot spot.
Bledsoe only has 3.9 guaranteed next year. Still a lot. But not the full salary.

Sent from my Golden State Warriors Protoast Elite toaster using RealGM mobile app
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,922

Post#215 » by whatisacenter » Tue Feb 8, 2022 6:43 pm

took two Lambs but....somebody take Clyde's belt and shoelaces away.
Read on Twitter
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#216 » by watch1958 » Tue Feb 8, 2022 6:46 pm

Time for a Lambs going to slaughter joke.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#217 » by donkeylips » Tue Feb 8, 2022 7:21 pm

camt believe the kings gave up haliburton
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#218 » by tarantism » Tue Feb 8, 2022 7:53 pm

donkeylips wrote:camt believe the kings gave up haliburton
I don't think they wanted to, but they are desperate to put a few more wins on the table and I think Fox has tanked his value this season. Take into account his contract, too, much harder to trade.

OR a Fox trade is still happening and they will reload around Sabonis? Who knows.

Did Haliburton say he wanted to play for the Kings when he was in the draft? I remember the story because everybody laughed that somebody actually wanted to go play for Sacramento. I would've kept him personally. He looked like more than just a guy when he manned the ship with Fox out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#219 » by shazam_guy » Tue Feb 8, 2022 9:04 pm

Have to agree -- another head scratcher of a move from the Kings. Is it possible they were already planning something like this during the draft, which is why they took Mitchell? I don't know, but the idea of trading a really good all-around near-rookie for a not-much-defense small big man seems like a more-of-the-same choice from Sacramento. I'm glad I'm not one of their actual fans.

Sacto have become the Clippers (how they used to be, before Paul and Griffin, when they couldn't put together talent to save their lives) of the 2020s.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#220 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Feb 9, 2022 4:36 am

Blazers have been making odd moves for more than a year. Burning it all down but still supposedly trying to trade for Grant.

Return to Golden State Warriors