Around the NBA V: Live and Let Die

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,292

Re: Around the NBA V: Live and Let Die 

Post#481 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue May 3, 2022 5:00 pm

FNQ wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:Wolves already looking to move dlo. What a disaster that trade was. It can get worse if the wolves need to add assets to move him

I'd love to go to the GB and rehash every argument they had about the trade from the moment it hit.. they were wrong every step of the way. Even last year a lot were saying they'd rather have DLo than Wiggins.. now DLo is going to be on his what, 5th team in 8 seasons?

He's the kind of player we would have built around in the Cohan era. And mark my words - if the KANGZ bring in Mark Jackson to coach, I would expect them to somehow bring in DLo too. I mean if you're going to be laughably bad, might as well lean into it

Marcus just dropped a really good piece on the athletic. After reading that, im not sure myers lets wiggs walk so easily anymore. Wiggs is low key, but something was different when he spoke to marcus. Not very wiggs like. Dlo trade rumours coinciding with this article. The timing is too perfect.
Dom801e
Veteran
And1: 861

Post#482 » by Dom801e » Wed May 4, 2022 12:42 am

Grant Williams would be a perfect understudy to Draymond. Good enough shooter to play next to him as well. Would love to find a way to get him even if it was an overpay. Would happily trade Moody + Wiseman or Moody + 1st. Would reluctantly do all three.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,138

Post#483 » by watch1958 » Thu May 5, 2022 10:14 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:Wolves already looking to move dlo. What a disaster that trade was. It can get worse if the wolves need to add assets to move him

I'd love to go to the GB and rehash every argument they had about the trade from the moment it hit.. they were wrong every step of the way. Even last year a lot were saying they'd rather have DLo than Wiggins.. now DLo is going to be on his what, 5th team in 8 seasons?

He's the kind of player we would have built around in the Cohan era. And mark my words - if the KANGZ bring in Mark Jackson to coach, I would expect them to somehow bring in DLo too. I mean if you're going to be laughably bad, might as well lean into it

Marcus just dropped a really good piece on the athletic. After reading that, im not sure myers lets wiggs walk so easily anymore. Wiggs is low key, but something was different when he spoke to marcus. Not very wiggs like. Dlo trade rumours coinciding with this article. The timing is too perfect.

My personal dream conclusion would be to win the championship, and have Wiggins be Finals MVP.

I want to see the Minnesota fan base in contortions trying explain why they still like DLo better.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,294

Post#484 » by NeoWarriors » Sat May 7, 2022 2:31 am

Whoa. tsherkin is posting again on the general board. Hopefully he's medicated this time around. Otherwise, beware the banhammer warrior fans. Lol

Sent from my Golden State Warriors Protoast Elite toaster using RealGM mobile app
BG
Sixth Man
And1: 458

Post#485 » by BG » Sat May 7, 2022 6:58 am

i just watched the suns-mavs game, and i'm really wondering if there's any non-mavs fan in the world that actually still likes doncic? there's two very important rules in his gamebook: #1 he's ALWAYS fouled, not matter what and # 2 he NEVER does anything illegal. that guy is so annoying on the court (just like draymond to be fair), constantly complaining and whining, and if something goes his way, he's the first one to flex.
Warriors!!!
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 843

Post#486 » by DevinVassell » Sat May 7, 2022 10:17 am

Nah, Doncic is a BB savant... and he is AWESOME. He currently has an otherwise weak Mavs team in the second round. There's plenty of other whining players to hate on. Keep looking.
BG
Sixth Man
And1: 458

Post#487 » by BG » Sat May 7, 2022 11:43 am

i'm not hating on the player, but i'm hating on that player's way of behaving on the court, same with draymond, love the player, but i hate his antics.
Warriors!!!
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#488 » by wco81 » Sat May 7, 2022 10:29 pm

What a finish in the Celtics-Bucks game.

Winner of the series is likely to be in the Finals, especially if Middleton comes back.

But man, it comes down to how they officiate the big possessions. How much contact will they allow, especially initiated by Giannis or how many big calls will they make?

As it is, officiating lets stars get away with pushing off regularly, and that includes Ja.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,685

Post#489 » by DAWill1128 » Sat May 7, 2022 10:42 pm

I like Doncic, but I also think the franchise being so reliant on him has turned his game more into James Harden. When he came in he was more of a classic player able to play on and off ball.

THJ had that horrible injury against us. But he's played really well the last two playoffs averaging 17ppg on good shooting. If he was good to go I think they might be able to take the Sun's.
wco81
RealGM

Post#490 » by wco81 » Mon May 9, 2022 12:12 am

Mavs tie up the series but game 5 is pivotal and home team should still have the advantage.

Oh and Mark Jackson being interviewed by Kings AND Lakers.

Vindication coming!
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#491 » by Scoots1994 » Mon May 9, 2022 12:20 am

Dom801e wrote:Grant Williams would be a perfect understudy to Draymond. Good enough shooter to play next to him as well. Would love to find a way to get him even if it was an overpay. Would happily trade Moody + Wiseman or Moody + 1st. Would reluctantly do all three.

I really wanted to draft Williams but that is a wild overpay.
wco81
RealGM

Post#492 » by wco81 » Mon May 9, 2022 12:30 am

Williams will get big money past his rookie contract. Probably in the mid to high teens at least.
Dom801e
Veteran
And1: 861

Post#493 » by Dom801e » Mon May 9, 2022 1:25 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
Dom801e wrote:Grant Williams would be a perfect understudy to Draymond. Good enough shooter to play next to him as well. Would love to find a way to get him even if it was an overpay. Would happily trade Moody + Wiseman or Moody + 1st. Would reluctantly do all three.

Agree it is an overpay, but I don’t think Bos bites on a fair trade. His defensive versatility without being an offensive liability is very hard to find. And he would fit GS system perfectly.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#494 » by Scoots1994 » Mon May 9, 2022 2:33 am

wco81 wrote:Mavs tie up the series but game 5 is pivotal and home team should still have the advantage.

Oh and Mark Jackson being interviewed by Kings AND Lakers.

Vindication coming!

One down ... Lakers have Jackson on the list but not high supposedly.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#495 » by Scoots1994 » Mon May 9, 2022 2:37 am

Dom801e wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

Agree it is an overpay, but I don’t think Bos bites on a fair trade. His defensive versatility without being an offensive liability is very hard to find. And he would fit GS system perfectly.

You realize his career high for assists in a game is 4 and he's done that twice, both this year. He had 56 games this year with 1 or fewer assists.

If you look at it a different way, the Warriors youth could be considered to be Poole, Moody, Wiggins, Kuminga, and Wiseman. They can keep looking for cheaper talent that is undervalued rather than going for reaching for over-valued players.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#496 » by ILOVEIT » Mon May 9, 2022 7:14 pm

Happy to see Celtics loose. IMO they are the worse finals (if we get there) matchup with switching and defensive capabilities.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#497 » by ILOVEIT » Mon May 9, 2022 7:15 pm

Has Dallas figured out how to beat Suns. Looks like just beating the heck out of Paul is their approach. Seems to be waring him down.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
wco81
RealGM

Post#498 » by wco81 » Mon May 9, 2022 10:54 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Has Dallas figured out how to beat Suns. Looks like just beating the heck out of Paul is their approach. Seems to be waring him down.

They shot the lights out from 3.

Their role players have had hot streaks before. I believe last year vs. Clippers, they made almost everything in the first couple of games and then Clippers came back and they cooled way off in the last couple of games of the series.

It’s really a make or miss series. Well you can say that is the case with every NBA game to a certain extent.

Which team will shoot better in the next two or three games?
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#499 » by Coxy » Tue May 10, 2022 12:15 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Has Dallas figured out how to beat Suns. Looks like just beating the heck out of Paul is their approach. Seems to be waring him down.

They have figured out how to get the ball out of Paul's hands, which ends up nullifying Ayton somewhat as well. They are making Booker score his way to victory for them, and the Mavs have controlled the tempo this way as well.

HOWEVER.

This series looks to be very home cooked. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Suns blow out the Mavs in game 5, only for the Mavs to then do the same in game 6. rinse repeat, the Suns move on.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,552

Post#500 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Tue May 10, 2022 12:18 am

BG wrote:i just watched the suns-mavs game, and i'm really wondering if there's any non-mavs fan in the world that actually still likes doncic? there's two very important rules in his gamebook: #1 he's ALWAYS fouled, not matter what and # 2 he NEVER does anything illegal. that guy is so annoying on the court (just like draymond to be fair), constantly complaining and whining, and if something goes his way, he's the first one to flex.

I do.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly

Return to Golden State Warriors