Around the NBA V: Live and Let Die

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Re: Around the NBA V: Live and Let Die 

Post#81 » by Old_Blue » Thu Dec 9, 2021 8:14 pm

Coxy wrote:
Outside wrote:It's a petty thing, but for some reason, the wispy, fuzzy hair on the back of Trae Young's head bugs me.

It's not gonna make it. He'll need some help at some point.

Poor Trae Young. He suffers from a hair condition - It's called douchebag hair. It's quite common among used car salesmen. :lol:
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,665

Post#82 » by Coxy » Thu Dec 9, 2021 11:34 pm

Old_Blue wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Outside wrote:It's a petty thing, but for some reason, the wispy, fuzzy hair on the back of Trae Young's head bugs me.

It's not gonna make it. He'll need some help at some point.

Poor Trae Young. He suffers from a hair condition - It's called douchebag hair. It's quite common among used car salesmen. :lol:

It's suspiciously pubic.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#83 » by FNQ » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:30 am

Coxy wrote:suspiciously pubic.

A+ band name
Coxy
RealGM

Post#84 » by Coxy » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:46 am

FNQ wrote:

A+ band name

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Post#85 » by wco81 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:14 pm

Several teams have multiple players entering covid protocols.

NBA participated in a study over a period of several months from 2020-21 with Harvard Med School. Because of regular covid testing, researchers could track viral load levels and how long it took to clear the virus between unvaccinated and vaccinated players, staff and family members.

I think they're still doing regular testing, with unvaccinated players possibly subjected to more testing. So they should have an idea of why some of these players are entering covid protocols, despite 95% being vaccinated?

But boosters take-up may not be anywhere near 95% and there are early studies showing boosters are necessary against Omicron.

In any event, Warriors have a lot more to lose if several players are unable to play games for a week or two than say the Pacers -- no offense to Pacers fans -- because they're trying to keep up the high pace of wins that they've established so far.

Not to mention aspirations for a long playoff run..

Hopefully the players get that.
wco81
RealGM

Post#86 » by wco81 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:29 pm

Ujiri got infected at an event, even though he's triple-vaccinated. Silver was also at the event.

Article on his announcement of testing positive says 97% of players are vaccinated and 60% have gotten boosters.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2021/12/09/toronto-raptors-president-masai-ujiri-tests-positive-for-covid19/

But it may not matter. Toronto canceled practices though they are scheduled to play tonight. But they had key players like FVV and Siakam infected last season, as well as Nurse.

So it would be interesting to see if they get reinfected.

Big road stretch for the Warriors coming up. Players may get bored and hit the clubs during down time. Cross our fingers we don't lose them to the protocol.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#87 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:14 pm

"76ers Gain Momentum In Trade Discussions Involving Ben Simmons". Reading the article makes it sound like that means they're calling the teams with top 25 players more aggressively so they can get hung up on even faster.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
Coxy
RealGM

Post#88 » by Coxy » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:03 am

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:"76ers Gain Momentum In Trade Discussions Involving Ben Simmons". Reading the article makes it sound like that means they're calling the teams with top 25 players more aggressively so they can get hung up on even faster.

They might be better off calling European teams to find a suitor now.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#89 » by marthafokker » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:57 am

Sacto is truly cursed.

They were given a win (with BC stupid foul) and can't even make a free throw at the end.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,256

Post#90 » by Outside » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:17 am

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:"76ers Gain Momentum In Trade Discussions Involving Ben Simmons". Reading the article makes it sound like that means they're calling the teams with top 25 players more aggressively so they can get hung up on even faster.

This reeks of desperation. Teams don't normally comment about deals during negotiations. This is the Sixers trying to get some team to bite by putting rumors out there that something is happening.
Old_Blue
Starter

Post#91 » by Old_Blue » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:19 am

Javale with 21 points and 15 boards tonight against Boston. Monty Williams is a great coach. Gets the most out of his players.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#92 » by marthafokker » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:46 am

I been told by so many GSW fans that McGee is junk. And only small ball is the only correct answer.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#93 » by FNQ » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:50 am

Outside wrote:

This reeks of desperation. Teams don't normally comment about deals during negotiations. This is the Sixers trying to get some team to bite by putting rumors out there that something is happening.

Yup. Because if you were actually gaining momentum with some team, they probably see this and feel like they're being leveraged, in a situation where clearly the 76ers are behind the 8ball.. so if I even had the most preliminary of talks with Morey, I would now ghost him for a couple weeks. And if Simmons isnt dealt in a couple weeks, I'd feel very confident that I could go even lower than my original offer

Morey's just played this horribly from end to end
Old_Blue
Starter

Post#94 » by Old_Blue » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:11 am

marthafokker wrote:I been told by so many GSW fans that McGee is junk. And only small ball is the only correct answer.

If management believed this to be true, then they would not have drafted Wiseman.
wco81
RealGM

Post#95 » by wco81 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:36 pm

marthafokker wrote:I been told by so many GSW fans that McGee is junk. And only small ball is the only correct answer.

Javale started out well when he left the Warriors for the Lakers.

Got a lot of dunks early and then gradually wore out his welcome there as well as his weaknesses became more apparent.

Suns may have done much better in using him, give him a chance to get easy buckets. Have to see how much they'll play him in the playoffs. In bursts, he can be very effective, with getting baskets off offensive rebounds or when the Cavs for instance extended their defense in the Finals and he scored some easy baskets in a couple of games.
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,256

Post#96 » by Outside » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:15 pm

I like JaVale, but the Cavs made him unplayable in the finals by relentlessly putting him in PnR.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#97 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:18 pm

Coxy is one of these dudes but I won't reveal which one to spare him the embarrassment.

Coxy wrote:
FNQ wrote:

A+ band name

The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#98 » by Coxy » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:00 am

I’m not ashamed of who I am. I’m the cool one.
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,321

Post#99 » by NeoWarriors » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:35 am

Read on Twitter

Sent from my Golden State Warriors Protoast Elite toaster using RealGM mobile app
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,804

Post#100 » by floppymoose » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:44 am

Return to Golden State Warriors