ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 15: Warriors @ Cavaliers

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

510TWSS
General Manager
Posts: 7,611
And1: 2,231
Joined: Aug 18, 2009
 

Re: Game 15: Warriors @ Cavaliers 

Post#141 » by 510TWSS » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:53 am

azwfan wrote:
510TWSS wrote:Damion Lee is so smart on offense. So happy for him both on and off the court!

What happened off the court?


bouta have a baby soon with his wife Sydel
User avatar
Onus
RealGM
Posts: 10,587
And1: 2,094
Joined: May 12, 2008
Location: NOA

Re: Game 15: Warriors @ Cavaliers 

Post#142 » by Onus » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:54 am

We lose this game for sure without Curry. Unbelievable how many wide open 3s we missed
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
User avatar
cpower
RealGM
Posts: 14,430
And1: 5,613
Joined: Mar 03, 2011
   

Re: Game 15: Warriors @ Cavaliers 

Post#143 » by cpower » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:57 am

not knowing how Klay will be.. wiggins and poole needs to step up in games like this. what is poole's shooting % looks like right now? must be brutal..
azwfan
RealGM
Posts: 12,600
And1: 2,778
Joined: May 21, 2004
     

Re: Game 15: Warriors @ Cavaliers 

Post#144 » by azwfan » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:00 am

cpower wrote:not knowing how Klay will be.. wiggins and poole needs to step up in games like this. what is poole's shooting % looks like right now? must be brutal..

So we can win by 25-30?
This is the sort of game Curry needs to step up in... and he did. Dubs win. :D

Wiggins and Poole have stepped up exactly enough for us to have a 13-2 record. They're role players.

Tonight it was Belly and OPJ who stepped up in addition to lord Curry.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
Head Coach
Posts: 6,194
And1: 1,517
Joined: Aug 25, 2005
Location: Northern California

Re: Game 15: Warriors @ Cavaliers 

Post#145 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:01 am

Really Good teams come out flat after big games and then beat the energetic bad team in the 4th quarter anyway despite having been flat. The Warriors are good. Mediocre teams don't do that.
User avatar
cpower
RealGM
Posts: 14,430
And1: 5,613
Joined: Mar 03, 2011
   

Re: Game 15: Warriors @ Cavaliers 

Post#146 » by cpower » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:02 am

azwfan wrote:
cpower wrote:not knowing how Klay will be.. wiggins and poole needs to step up in games like this. what is poole's shooting % looks like right now? must be brutal..

So we can win by 25-30?
This is the sort of game Curry needs to step up in... and he did. Dubs win. :D

Wiggins and Poole have stepped up exactly enough for us to have a 13-2 record. They're role players.

Tonight it was Belly and OPJ who stepped up in addition to lord Curry.

Wiggins and Poole did not step up for this season... not yet.. if you look at their record neither has played well...its bbelly, Porter and GP2 who has been balling for us.
a8bil
Veteran
Posts: 2,915
And1: 1,194
Joined: Jan 18, 2007

Re: Game 15: Warriors @ Cavaliers 

Post#147 » by a8bil » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:05 am

Kudos to Kerr and staff for recognizing the hot and cool hands soon enough to change the tide. Bjelli was on fire early, but not so much late and Kerr didn't give him a lot of run in the 2nd half. Kudos to JTA for being ready to come in and contribute. We don't win that game without him or Lee for that matter. #strengthinnumbers
azwfan
RealGM
Posts: 12,600
And1: 2,778
Joined: May 21, 2004
     

Re: Game 15: Warriors @ Cavaliers 

Post#148 » by azwfan » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:06 am

cpower wrote:
azwfan wrote:
cpower wrote:not knowing how Klay will be.. wiggins and poole needs to step up in games like this. what is poole's shooting % looks like right now? must be brutal..

So we can win by 25-30?
This is the sort of game Curry needs to step up in... and he did. Dubs win. :D

Wiggins and Poole have stepped up exactly enough for us to have a 13-2 record. They're role players.

Tonight it was Belly and OPJ who stepped up in addition to lord Curry.

Wiggins and Poole did not step up for this season... not yet.. if you look at their record neither has played well...its bbelly, Porter and GP2 who has been balling for us.

You must've missed quite a few games. (The games that Wiggins and Poole stepped up, and the games that Belly and Porter were non-factors).
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
User avatar
cpower
RealGM
Posts: 14,430
And1: 5,613
Joined: Mar 03, 2011
   

Re: Game 15: Warriors @ Cavaliers 

Post#149 » by cpower » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:08 am

azwfan wrote:
cpower wrote:
azwfan wrote:So we can win by 25-30?
This is the sort of game Curry needs to step up in... and he did. Dubs win. :D

Wiggins and Poole have stepped up exactly enough for us to have a 13-2 record. They're role players.

Tonight it was Belly and OPJ who stepped up in addition to lord Curry.

Wiggins and Poole did not step up for this season... not yet.. if you look at their record neither has played well...its bbelly, Porter and GP2 who has been balling for us.

You must've missed quite a few games. (The games that Wiggins and Poole stepped up, and the games that Belly and Porter were non-factors).

wiggins has been great in like 2 games and the rest of the games are meh.. he is -1 BPM and shooting 35% from threes
poole basically never been good , -3 BPM and shooting 26% from threes

Belly and Porter both better in both ends. (both > 60%TS > 1 BPM)
SpreeChokeJob
Rookie
Posts: 1,243
And1: 760
Joined: Jun 30, 2017

Re: Game 15: Warriors @ Cavaliers 

Post#150 » by SpreeChokeJob » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:10 am

The key was getting bigs in to rebound. They were lucky Mobley and Allen were out. Cavs are real. They play hard.

Poole needs to be moved to the bench. They need to play him Moody Kuminga and Wiseman on the second unit to see how they fit in for the future. If they don’t match up, they can make their decisions of what to do next.
azwfan
RealGM
Posts: 12,600
And1: 2,778
Joined: May 21, 2004
     

Re: Game 15: Warriors @ Cavaliers 

Post#151 » by azwfan » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:11 am

cpower wrote:
azwfan wrote:
cpower wrote:Wiggins and Poole did not step up for this season... not yet.. if you look at their record neither has played well...its bbelly, Porter and GP2 who has been balling for us.

You must've missed quite a few games. (The games that Wiggins and Poole stepped up, and the games that Belly and Porter were non-factors).

wiggins has been great in like 2 games and the rest of the games are meh.. he is -1 BPM and shooting 35% from threes
poole basically never been good , -3 BPM and shooting 26% from threes

Belly and Porter both better in both ends. (both > 60%TS > 1 BPM)

So you are using season stats to claim that certain players did or did not step up in single games? Interesting concept.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
User avatar
Impuniti
Head Coach
Posts: 7,030
And1: 5,357
Joined: Jan 18, 2016

Re: Game 15: Warriors @ Cavaliers 

Post#152 » by Impuniti » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:16 am

+++ team defense in the 4th
+++ Curry
++ Dray
+ Lee
+ JTA
cpower wrote:not knowing how Klay will be.. wiggins and poole needs to step up in games like this. what is poole's shooting % looks like right now? must be brutal..

Wiggins has been pretty clutch in a lot of games Warriors have needed him. JP.. well he just needs to stop shooting 3s for a while unless he's 6+ feet open. :lol:
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 14,400
And1: 5,857
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Game 15: Warriors @ Cavaliers 

Post#153 » by wco81 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:29 am

Wiggins couldn't stay in front of Garland in the first half. He kept getting by his defenders to his right hand. He hesitated, sped up, hesitated and then blew by the defender.

GP2 was much better.

On the GB they're whining that Warriors had moving picks, fouled on defense and got away with it. I missed the fourth quarter so I don't know how they held them to 8 points.
michaelm
General Manager
Posts: 7,656
And1: 3,347
Joined: Apr 06, 2010
 

Re: Game 15: Warriors @ Cavaliers 

Post#154 » by michaelm » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:33 am

cpower wrote:
azwfan wrote:
cpower wrote:Wiggins and Poole did not step up for this season... not yet.. if you look at their record neither has played well...its bbelly, Porter and GP2 who has been balling for us.

You must've missed quite a few games. (The games that Wiggins and Poole stepped up, and the games that Belly and Porter were non-factors).

wiggins has been great in like 2 games and the rest of the games are meh.. he is -1 BPM and shooting 35% from threes
poole basically never been good , -3 BPM and shooting 26% from threes

Belly and Porter both better in both ends. (both > 60%TS > 1 BPM)

What team is it that you support ?. I have always wondered.
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 14,400
And1: 5,857
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Game 15: Warriors @ Cavaliers 

Post#155 » by wco81 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:33 am

Heard Curry had to play 35 minutes tonight. He was the only one hitting 3s.

There was talk about resting him tonight because of a leg contusion.

But now, Kerr might be tempted for load management to rest him in Detroit tomorrow, back to back games.

Poole just has to be more consistent from 3 or try to go to the hole. Porter and Bjelica have both been cold on this road trip.
User avatar
cpower
RealGM
Posts: 14,430
And1: 5,613
Joined: Mar 03, 2011
   

Re: Game 15: Warriors @ Cavaliers 

Post#156 » by cpower » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:35 am

azwfan wrote:
cpower wrote:
azwfan wrote:You must've missed quite a few games. (The games that Wiggins and Poole stepped up, and the games that Belly and Porter were non-factors).

wiggins has been great in like 2 games and the rest of the games are meh.. he is -1 BPM and shooting 35% from threes
poole basically never been good , -3 BPM and shooting 26% from threes

Belly and Porter both better in both ends. (both > 60%TS > 1 BPM)

So you are using season stats to claim that certain players did or did not step up in single games? Interesting concept.

poole has been amazing for us and should be allstar, you happy now? 8-)
a8bil
Veteran
Posts: 2,915
And1: 1,194
Joined: Jan 18, 2007

Re: Game 15: Warriors @ Cavaliers 

Post#157 » by a8bil » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:41 am

cpower wrote:
azwfan wrote:
cpower wrote:wiggins has been great in like 2 games and the rest of the games are meh.. he is -1 BPM and shooting 35% from threes
poole basically never been good , -3 BPM and shooting 26% from threes

Belly and Porter both better in both ends. (both > 60%TS > 1 BPM)

So you are using season stats to claim that certain players did or did not step up in single games? Interesting concept.

poole has been amazing for us and should be allstar, you happy now? 8-)
I think you miss the point....Poole has won GSW games, and stunk things up and others. Poole right now reminds me of the expert at trial asked to define "average" -- "if you have one foot in a bucket of cold water, and the other in a pot of boiling water, on average, you're warm." Poole has been average.
GunnerWRX
Senior
Posts: 508
And1: 263
Joined: Mar 26, 2021

Re: Game 15: Warriors @ Cavaliers 

Post#158 » by GunnerWRX » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:49 am

Apologies. Was kind of busy today and looked like they were laying an egg this game, so I turned it off by end of the 2nd quarter.
a8bil
Veteran
Posts: 2,915
And1: 1,194
Joined: Jan 18, 2007

Re: Game 15: Warriors @ Cavaliers 

Post#159 » by a8bil » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:51 am

Regression game for Kumungous...settling for 3s rather than driving to the hoop. Being out hustled to the ball...not what you want from K in his limited minutes.

This was one of those games where you would hope that K would realize that GSW needed for him to be something more than the complementary player he's been so far and impose himself. He didn't.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
Posts: 18,502
And1: 3,351
Joined: Nov 24, 2003

Re: Game 15: Warriors @ Cavaliers 

Post#160 » by Crazy-Canuck » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:52 am

GunnerWRX wrote:Apologies. Was kind of busy today and looked like they were laying an egg this game, so I turned it off by end of the 2nd quarter.


We ought to thank you. Its just what the team needed. :lol:

Return to Golden State Warriors