ImageImageImageImageImage

Wiggins hasn’t even played with Klay yet!

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

gswhoop
Pro Prospect
Posts: 821
And1: 30
Joined: May 31, 2006

Wiggins hasn’t even played with Klay yet! 

Post#1 » by gswhoop » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:55 pm

This is what excited me 2 years ago when we picked up Wiggins in the Dlo trade. Wiggins bball IQ has improved playing team defense with the warriors and this is what I’m excited the most. Wiggins and Klay anchoring the perimeter D is going to be a problem for teams even with great perimeter shooters.

Even for folks who doubt Klay coming back to his full self - pre injury, he’ll still be in phenomenal defensive position playing team D.

I figure in about 2 weeks or less we’ll see Klay debut.
Keith not so Smart
Mark don't know JACK about coaching..
Kerr Riding Coattails
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 42,719
And1: 11,558
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Wiggins hasn’t even played with Klay yet! 

Post#2 » by Coxy » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:04 pm

I don't think Klay will debut until after Christmas into January, but yes I too em excited by this.
Little Digger wrote:Can the Warriors file a lawsuit against Oubre?
ILOVEIT
RealGM
Posts: 12,928
And1: 2,677
Joined: May 28, 2004

Re: Wiggins hasn’t even played with Klay yet! 

Post#3 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:00 am

This will be crazy....
Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond, Looney/BJ/Wiseman....
or
Curry, Poole, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond.

Wow.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
Head Coach
Posts: 6,195
And1: 1,517
Joined: Aug 25, 2005
Location: Northern California

Re: Wiggins hasn’t even played with Klay yet! 

Post#4 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:48 am

Wigginss seems like an OK passer, not good, not bad.
Passing to Klay strikes me as an easier than average pass to make.

Just thinking about how long does it take to learn to play with Klay.
jaymo123
Pro Prospect
Posts: 905
And1: 348
Joined: Mar 10, 2012

Re: Wiggins hasn’t even played with Klay yet! 

Post#5 » by jaymo123 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:06 am

Wiggins will have the easiest opportunities he will ever have in his life when Klay is back.
User avatar
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
Posts: 52,714
And1: 11,549
Joined: Jun 22, 2003
Location: There is no public health without the public.

Re: Wiggins hasn’t even played with Klay yet! 

Post#6 » by floppymoose » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:56 am

So I realize Wiggins' numbers against TOR were inflated by him being on fire on the open threes, but what I liked about this game was that he made the correct decision, and quickly, about 80% of the time. And the other 20% he still made the correct decision but hesitated a beat. If he can keep that grove, even if he isn't shooting so well, it will be a nice step forward.
watch1958
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,796
And1: 420
Joined: Aug 03, 2001

Re: Wiggins hasn’t even played with Klay yet! 

Post#7 » by watch1958 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:43 pm

Watching the highlights, each of his made buckets was facing the hoop. No turnarounds. Not sure about the misses.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
watch1958
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,796
And1: 420
Joined: Aug 03, 2001

Re: Wiggins hasn’t even played with Klay yet! 

Post#8 » by watch1958 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:46 pm

Seems like the coaches have figured out that the spaces created when Steph is doubled are tailor made for Andrew’s game. Especially if he is decisive.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
SpreeChokeJob
Rookie
Posts: 1,243
And1: 760
Joined: Jun 30, 2017

Re: Wiggins hasn’t even played with Klay yet! 

Post#9 » by SpreeChokeJob » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:55 pm

watch1958 wrote:Watching the highlights, each of his made buckets was facing the hoop. No turnarounds. Not sure about the misses.


He has developed some moves that works for him. The bounce move around the paint and dribble right or left stop and pop. The turnaround is not for him, he doesn’t make those consistently enough.

If he focuses on variations of those two moves and gets Livingston like consistency, he will be money.
gswhoop
Pro Prospect
Posts: 821
And1: 30
Joined: May 31, 2006

Re: Wiggins hasn’t even played with Klay yet! 

Post#10 » by gswhoop » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:18 pm

Wiggins priority on offense when Klay is back should be as initial cuter to the bucket. I’m guessing that 50% of the time he’ll have an open dunk or better yet become a decoy for loon or wiseman for an easy dunk.
Keith not so Smart
Mark don't know JACK about coaching..
Kerr Riding Coattails

Return to Golden State Warriors