ImageImageImageImageImage

G18: Warriors v Sixers

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Who has the big game off the bench?

Bjelica
1
5%
Lee
2
9%
Kuminga
1
5%
Iggy
1
5%
Payton
9
41%
Porter
8
36%
 
Total votes: 22

User avatar
cpower
RealGM
Posts: 14,430
And1: 5,613
Joined: Mar 03, 2011
   

Re: G18: Warriors v Sixers 

Post#161 » by cpower » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:51 am

azwfan wrote:
cpower wrote:
watch1958 wrote:I know, they barely got to +20

i am not talking about this one game but in general. 76ers are missing their two best players so its nothing to brag about.. If this is a PS game against a good team we will lose this game 80% of the time. You have to look at the big picture..

16-2 is the big picture.

yes and no, we are in a great position to secure the HCA but we have to get Curry 25-30 shots a game before Klay is back. If poole is shooting 30% from three guess what he will do in PS under all the pressure he will ever face.
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 42,719
And1: 11,558
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: G18: Warriors v Sixers 

Post#162 » by Coxy » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:52 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Wiggs set the tone to start the 2h with a mini barrage and attacks at the rim.


Agreed.
Little Digger wrote:Can the Warriors file a lawsuit against Oubre?
sjballer03
Senior
Posts: 532
And1: 401
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
 

Re: G18: Warriors v Sixers 

Post#163 » by sjballer03 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:52 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Curry, wiggs, and jta with 20+ plus/minus. Impact.


Let's sell high. Trade em for Beal or Lamelo.
azwfan
RealGM
Posts: 12,600
And1: 2,778
Joined: May 21, 2004
     

Re: G18: Warriors v Sixers 

Post#164 » by azwfan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:52 am

GunnerWRX wrote:Lee got a lot of run for having a night like his.

Should’ve given Moody some minutes but I guess Kerr knows Dell is watching this game.

Maybe Moody isn't earning it in practice. I'm good with minutes going to the guys that are earning it.
That said, Lee has been pretty bad. Maybe if someone creates a thread about how bad he's been he can string some good games together. Or better yet, how about a "Moody is a Bust" thread?
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
User avatar
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
Posts: 52,714
And1: 11,549
Joined: Jun 22, 2003
Location: There is no public health without the public.

Re: G18: Warriors v Sixers 

Post#165 » by floppymoose » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:53 am

Why was Embiid out?
tarantism
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,882
And1: 997
Joined: Nov 24, 2014
       

Re: G18: Warriors v Sixers 

Post#166 » by tarantism » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:54 am

floppymoose wrote:Why was Embiid out?
covid

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
azwfan
RealGM
Posts: 12,600
And1: 2,778
Joined: May 21, 2004
     

Re: G18: Warriors v Sixers 

Post#167 » by azwfan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:55 am

cpower wrote:
azwfan wrote:
cpower wrote:i am not talking about this one game but in general. 76ers are missing their two best players so its nothing to brag about.. If this is a PS game against a good team we will lose this game 80% of the time. You have to look at the big picture..

16-2 is the big picture.

yes and no, we are in a great position to secure the HCA but we have to get Curry 25-30 shots a game before Klay is back. If poole is shooting 30% from three guess what he will do in PS under all the pressure he will ever face.

We have to because why exactly? Aside from winning, the regular season is preparing our inexperienced guys for the playoffs. I think we're doing just fine with the number of shots Steph is taking and guys like Poole are getting more experience then just watching Steph shoot.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 42,719
And1: 11,558
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: G18: Warriors v Sixers 

Post#168 » by Coxy » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:56 am

floppymoose wrote:Why was Embiid out?


Either Covid-19, or Ebola.

Likely the former.
Little Digger wrote:Can the Warriors file a lawsuit against Oubre?
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 57,953
And1: 17,685
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
 

Re: G18: Warriors v Sixers 

Post#169 » by FNQ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:56 am

Maxey is really good.. Fox/Wade vibes for sure. A blessing for the 76ers because they likely arent getting much back for Simmons when they eventually deal him.
76ers at full strength are gonna be a tough team.
User avatar
Impuniti
Head Coach
Posts: 7,030
And1: 5,357
Joined: Jan 18, 2016

Re: G18: Warriors v Sixers 

Post#170 » by Impuniti » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:59 am

FNQ wrote:Maxey is really good.. Fox/Wade vibes for sure. A blessing for the 76ers because they likely arent getting much back for Simmons when they eventually deal him.
76ers at full strength are gonna be a tough team.

If they gave the ball the Maxey, turned Simmons into a 4 who has low usg % they would probably be a much better competitor out East. The team's a mess though obviously.
User avatar
and1GS
RealGM
Posts: 23,989
And1: 1,986
Joined: Nov 12, 2008
Location: home of 3x champs + supporter of all-time weakest moves
   

Re: G18: Warriors v Sixers 

Post#171 » by and1GS » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:01 am

In an effort to only point out negatives...

That was the absolute worst half of basketball we've played the entire season. JFC. Every phase of the game was pitiful. It looked like we forgot there are tempos outside of all out sprint. Also, looks like Kuminga's hot start is up. Seems completely lost on rotations (explains why they generally made him defend primary ball handler) and has reverted to his bad habit of falling asleep off ball. He's being pointed around by the vets--thank god for OPJ--on both ends. He doesn't look disastrous out there, but any cracks in focus on D means his PT will evaporate. It's a shame, but he's a rookie what can ya do? Oubre was doing this **** last year and he was a vet so I'm not concerned.

The question has to be asked...IS 16-2 COVERING UP THE STINK!?
Mob Byers on COVID-19 wrote:Yawn, people die every day

Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY
User avatar
cpower
RealGM
Posts: 14,430
And1: 5,613
Joined: Mar 03, 2011
   

Re: G18: Warriors v Sixers 

Post#172 » by cpower » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:01 am

azwfan wrote:
cpower wrote:
azwfan wrote:16-2 is the big picture.

yes and no, we are in a great position to secure the HCA but we have to get Curry 25-30 shots a game before Klay is back. If poole is shooting 30% from three guess what he will do in PS under all the pressure he will ever face.

We have to because why exactly? Aside from winning, the regular season is preparing our inexperienced guys for the playoffs. I think we're doing just fine with the number of shots Steph is taking and guys like Poole are getting more experience then just watching Steph shoot.

the regular season and the playoffs are two different things..if Poole wants to prepare for PS he better work on his shot selection in RS first.
azwfan
RealGM
Posts: 12,600
And1: 2,778
Joined: May 21, 2004
     

Re: G18: Warriors v Sixers 

Post#173 » by azwfan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:05 am

cpower wrote:
azwfan wrote:
cpower wrote:yes and no, we are in a great position to secure the HCA but we have to get Curry 25-30 shots a game before Klay is back. If poole is shooting 30% from three guess what he will do in PS under all the pressure he will ever face.

We have to because why exactly? Aside from winning, the regular season is preparing our inexperienced guys for the playoffs. I think we're doing just fine with the number of shots Steph is taking and guys like Poole are getting more experience then just watching Steph shoot.

the regular season and the playoffs are two different things..if Poole wants to prepare for PS he better work on his shot selection in RS first.

He is working on it. You haven't noticed the lack of step back 3's he's taken in the past few weeks?
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
User avatar
and1GS
RealGM
Posts: 23,989
And1: 1,986
Joined: Nov 12, 2008
Location: home of 3x champs + supporter of all-time weakest moves
   

Re: G18: Warriors v Sixers 

Post#174 » by and1GS » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:05 am

azwfan wrote:
GunnerWRX wrote:Lee got a lot of run for having a night like his.

Should’ve given Moody some minutes but I guess Kerr knows Dell is watching this game.

Maybe Moody isn't earning it in practice. I'm good with minutes going to the guys that are earning it.
That said, Lee has been pretty bad. Maybe if someone creates a thread about how bad he's been he can string some good games together. Or better yet, how about a "Moody is a Bust" thread?
Lee has been absolutely dreadful since coming back from injury.

He tried to spin this whole narrative of 'im playing great cause this is the first season start I'm not recovering from an injury,' but he did the same thing last year. Started hot. Even won a game against CHI for us. Then waned as the season wore on. He is what he is. A nice spark some nights off the bench, but generally a feast or famine 11-12th man. He has a place on the team, but not when he's this bad.

That said he know the system and the rookies are clearly struggling with it. That's why Moody isn't out there. Well, that and he can't throw the ball into the ocean lately.
Mob Byers on COVID-19 wrote:Yawn, people die every day

Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY
azwfan
RealGM
Posts: 12,600
And1: 2,778
Joined: May 21, 2004
     

Re: G18: Warriors v Sixers 

Post#175 » by azwfan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:07 am

and1GS wrote:
azwfan wrote:
GunnerWRX wrote:Lee got a lot of run for having a night like his.

Should’ve given Moody some minutes but I guess Kerr knows Dell is watching this game.

Maybe Moody isn't earning it in practice. I'm good with minutes going to the guys that are earning it.
That said, Lee has been pretty bad. Maybe if someone creates a thread about how bad he's been he can string some good games together. Or better yet, how about a "Moody is a Bust" thread?
Lee has been absolutely dreadful since coming back from injury.

He tried to spin this whole narrative of 'im playing great cause this is the first season start I'm not recovering from an injury,' but he did the same thing last year. Started hot. Even won a game against CHI for us. Then waned as the season wore on. He is what he is. A nice spark some nights off the bench, but generally a feast or famine 11-12th man. He has a place on the team, but not when he's this bad.

That said he know the system and the rookies are clearly struggling with it. That's why Moody isn't out there. Well, that and he can't throw the ball into the ocean lately.

The good thing is, we're winning in spite of his poor play... and Klay is on his way. 8-)
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 57,953
And1: 17,685
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
 

Re: G18: Warriors v Sixers 

Post#176 » by FNQ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:17 am

Festus: "What a luxury for [James Wiseman] to have a patient coaching staff to let you heal and get your body right for the future of your career, the longevity of your career"

Man is speaking from experience.
GunnerWRX
Senior
Posts: 508
And1: 263
Joined: Mar 26, 2021

Re: G18: Warriors v Sixers 

Post#177 » by GunnerWRX » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:18 am

azwfan wrote:
and1GS wrote:
azwfan wrote:Maybe Moody isn't earning it in practice. I'm good with minutes going to the guys that are earning it.
That said, Lee has been pretty bad. Maybe if someone creates a thread about how bad he's been he can string some good games together. Or better yet, how about a "Moody is a Bust" thread?
Lee has been absolutely dreadful since coming back from injury.

He tried to spin this whole narrative of 'im playing great cause this is the first season start I'm not recovering from an injury,' but he did the same thing last year. Started hot. Even won a game against CHI for us. Then waned as the season wore on. He is what he is. A nice spark some nights off the bench, but generally a feast or famine 11-12th man. He has a place on the team, but not when he's this bad.

That said he know the system and the rookies are clearly struggling with it. That's why Moody isn't out there. Well, that and he can't throw the ball into the ocean lately.

The good thing is, we're winning in spite of his poor play... and Klay is on his way. 8-)


If we start Lee instead of Poole he should be alright.
User avatar
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Posts: 21,878
And1: 11,453
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
     

Re: G18: Warriors v Sixers 

Post#178 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:20 am

This team can play with anyone. But I'm really fascinated to see how this team matches up against Phoenix. They are the biggest challengers imo. They're red hot. Riding a 14-game winning streak on top of it.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
User avatar
DevinVassell
Senior
Posts: 670
And1: 383
Joined: Sep 28, 2020
 

Re: G18: Warriors v Sixers 

Post#179 » by DevinVassell » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:34 am

There is NO bigger JTA homer than moi. Total warrior. I say start him!

Wiggins 31.5M
JTA 1.7M
User avatar
and1GS
RealGM
Posts: 23,989
And1: 1,986
Joined: Nov 12, 2008
Location: home of 3x champs + supporter of all-time weakest moves
   

Re: G18: Warriors v Sixers 

Post#180 » by and1GS » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:38 am

Has there ever been a less warriors player than Andre Drummond?

Athleticism of Big Kev with **** defensive effort, slow post moves, poor court awareness and a penchant for zoning out fairly often.

I look at players like that or our dummies from last year, then look at JTA, OPJ or even underachieving Bjelica and am so thankful we opted for fit and BBIQ.
Mob Byers on COVID-19 wrote:Yawn, people die every day

Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY

Return to Golden State Warriors