ImageImageImageImageImage

With Klay Thompson Returning...

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Re: With Klay Thompson Returning... 

Post#81 » by a8bil » Sat Jan 8, 2022 7:49 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:There will be a few moments where Warriors go small and move Klay to SF, Wiggins to PF and Draymond to Center.
Curry, GPII, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond.

Wholly crap that will be a fun lineup.
FIFY
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#82 » by wco81 » Sat Jan 8, 2022 7:52 pm

Warriors have not officially confirmed that he will play.

Suppose to happen some time today.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#83 » by and1GS » Sat Jan 8, 2022 11:30 pm

Read on Twitter

:onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :onfire:
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 429

Post#84 » by superunknown » Sat Jan 8, 2022 11:53 pm

**** yes!
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#85 » by a8bil » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:39 pm

Is it just me or is Klay looking remarkably calm and poised on the floor? It's like he has this new deliberateness to his shot and movement that is a level above where he left off. Anyone else notice it?
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,767

Post#86 » by Upperclass » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:54 pm

His game seems more varied actually; where as before he was just a shooter. His body doesnt look strong or in shape, but hes making some really nice, quick moves around the hoop and shows ZERO hesitation in anything hes doing
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 219

Post#87 » by sonnyhill » Tue May 31, 2022 1:17 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
sonnyhill wrote:
cladden wrote:There's still plenty of opportunity for Zion to be the best player in the league in 2 years. I don't see the Pels giving him up for any reasonable offer. It would take a huge overpay to get him IMO and I want no part of that.

The Pelicans front office and its coaching staff are fighting for their jobs.

If Zion walks away from the franchise and does not re-sign with the team, David Griffin is gone. If the team shows not progress towards even getting into the play-in game, Griffin will be on the hot seat. Griffin let Lonzo go and did not draft Darius Garland, both would have fit in well with Ingram and Zion.

Strong franchises have leverage when doing deals with weak franchises. The Warriors might be able to swoop in, give up some redundant and not used assets (Poole and Wiseman) and future draft picks and pick up a distressed asset with huge upside (Zion).

You really think Poole and Wiseman are redundant and will be little used assets by the time Zion is playing? Not to mention meeting his huge upside. Personally, I doubt it. And throwing in future draft picks too.

I would love to revisit this topic and get feedback (both positive and negative) from the board brothers and sisters.

With Poole's new contract soon to become an issue to address, would it make sense for the front office to look at rolling the dice and perhaps packaging him and a perhaps a draft pick for Zion (if the Poole has a strong Finals series, the Pelicans might even do a straight up Poole-for-Wiggins trade), a player whom the Pelicans may not be able to sign because of how their front office wants to structure a proposed Zion contract (a development which many thought was never going to happen).

Poole, a kid whom I have been rooting for throughout his Warrior tenure, may become redundant with the ascension of Moody. Poole, similar to Curry, is a "tweener" point guard-shooting guard, and Moody is a pure wing; yet, a frontcourt with Wiggins, Green, and Zion is enticing to think about and would be absolutely frightening for opposing teams.

Yes, Zion has had both health and weight issues; however, this Warrior ecosystem is a place where players come to thrive. When healthy, Zion is a dynamic superstar, can play as a rim-attacker, on the perimeter, and as a post threat. He is also a ferocious rebounder and a really good weakside defender.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#88 » by Scoots1994 » Tue May 31, 2022 2:41 pm

sonnyhill wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
sonnyhill wrote:
The Pelicans front office and its coaching staff are fighting for their jobs.

If Zion walks away from the franchise and does not re-sign with the team, David Griffin is gone. If the team shows not progress towards even getting into the play-in game, Griffin will be on the hot seat. Griffin let Lonzo go and did not draft Darius Garland, both would have fit in well with Ingram and Zion.

Strong franchises have leverage when doing deals with weak franchises. The Warriors might be able to swoop in, give up some redundant and not used assets (Poole and Wiseman) and future draft picks and pick up a distressed asset with huge upside (Zion).

You really think Poole and Wiseman are redundant and will be little used assets by the time Zion is playing? Not to mention meeting his huge upside. Personally, I doubt it. And throwing in future draft picks too.

I would love to revisit this topic and get feedback (both positive and negative) from the board brothers and sisters.

With Poole's new contract soon to become an issue to address, would it make sense for the front office to look at rolling the dice and perhaps packaging him and a perhaps a draft pick for Zion (if the Poole has a strong Finals series, the Pelicans might even do a straight up Poole-for-Wiggins trade), a player whom the Pelicans may not be able to sign because of how their front office wants to structure a proposed Zion contract (a development which many thought was never going to happen).

Poole, a kid whom I have been rooting for throughout his Warrior tenure, may become redundant with the ascension of Moody. Poole, similar to Curry, is a "tweener" point guard-shooting guard, and Moody is a pure wing; yet, a frontcourt with Wiggins, Green, and Zion is enticing to think about and would be absolutely frightening for opposing teams.

Yes, Zion has had both health and weight issues; however, this Warrior ecosystem is a place where players come to thrive. When healthy, Zion is a dynamic superstar, can play as a rim-attacker, on the perimeter, and as a post threat. He is also a ferocious rebounder and a really good weakside defender.

I don't know that the Warriors culture can fix a star at his level with as many issues above the line. It would be nice to get Zion if they actually think they can fix him ... but to me, right now, he'd put me off like adding Kyrie or LeBron to this Warriors team. They would be great players but they wouldn't be Warriors the same as the current group.

Return to Golden State Warriors