ImageImageImageImageImage

Klay vs Wiggs

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,334

Re: Klay vs Wiggs 

Post#21 » by SpreeS » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:34 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:I love Wiggins. And this isn’t even close. Why do you ask?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

What do you think now?
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#22 » by Onus » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:30 pm

SpreeS wrote:
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:I love Wiggins. And this isn’t even close. Why do you ask?

What do you think now?

People are having a hard time thinking Wiggs is better than Iguodala they aren't going think Wiggs is better than Klay. Though it's probably close. Wiggs is a much better defender than peak Klay, but Klay's shot and nuclear ability is probably a bit more impactful than Wiggs slashing and offensive rebounding, though klay's shooting may be more easily replaced.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
SpreeS
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by SpreeS » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:39 pm

Onus wrote:
SpreeS wrote:

What do you think now?

People are having a hard time thinking Wiggs is better than Iguodala they aren't going think Wiggs is better than Klay. Though it's probably close. Wiggs is a much better defender than peak Klay, but Klay's shot and nuclear ability is probably a bit more impactful than Wiggs slashing and offensive rebounding, though klay's shooting may be more easily replaced.

Peak Iggy >>>> Peak Klay
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#24 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:51 pm

Wiggins is working hard for that #78 jersey
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#25 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:21 pm

You can't think Wiggs having a great night shooting over Derrick White means he's better than Klay. Boston picked Wiggs as their poison and it backfired. Let's see how bad it backfires if Klay is the guy they give open shots to.

Klay>Wiggs, always has been, always will be.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#26 » by Old_Blue » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:46 pm

What is wrong with you guys? With the Warriors on the verge of a 4th title in 8 years, you're trying to pit Klay against Wiggins. If one of your kids comes home with a great report card and the other one not so much, do you start a conversation with your wife..."Hey, I've been thinking. This other kid's not really pulling his weight. How about we trade him for future draft picks and try and draft a facilitator?" :lol:
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by SpreeS » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:53 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:You can't think Wiggs having a great night shooting over Derrick White means he's better than Klay. Boston picked Wiggs as their poison and it backfired. Let's see how bad it backfires if Klay is the guy they give open shots to.

Klay>Wiggs, always has been, always will be.

Hahaha. if we will win, Wiggs would be our second best player on champions team….this is how value our fans him….shooting over White…. Ouch
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#28 » by FNQ » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:46 pm

Onus wrote:
SpreeS wrote:

What do you think now?

2 very different players, "better" is arbitrary. We aren't a rebuilding team so it doesnt matter. Who's more important matters. Who, if they left, leaves a larger hole to fill matters

I think 3 people stand out as those types, to varying degrees. The team went in the tank without Draymond. We treaded .500 water without Curry. We thankfully havent had to miss Wiggins for more than a random game here or there. And without Klay we were a dominant #1 seed for the first half of the season
SpreeS
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by SpreeS » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:34 pm

FNQ wrote:
Onus wrote:
SpreeS wrote:
What do you think now?

2 very different players, "better" is arbitrary. We aren't a rebuilding team so it doesnt matter. Who's more important matters. Who, if they left, leaves a larger hole to fill matters

I think 3 people stand out as those types, to varying degrees. The team went in the tank without Draymond. We treaded .500 water without Curry. We thankfully havent had to miss Wiggins for more than a random game here or there. And without Klay we were a dominant #1 seed for the first half of the season

Between Wiseman 21 and Green 22 injuries:

2021 15W-5L
2022 29W-9L

Group of Curry/Green/Wiggs were on 63W pace!!!
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#30 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:35 pm

SpreeS wrote:

What do you think now?

I think you are bumping and quoting things from nearly a year ago as if nothing has happened during that time. Why do you ask?

If I assume good intent, and answer the question as asked, I think it would currently be harder to replace Wiggins than Klay. I have tons of respect for all Klay has done for this organization, but today he isn't 100% back to himself, and Wiggins has continued to grow and improve a lot. I also make an effort not to overreact and swing wildly as things change, so I think it is still entirely possible Klay will work himself back to being much closer to the player he was. And if he does, it will probably be an interesting question.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#31 » by michaelm » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:12 am

SpreeS wrote:
lars_rosenberg wrote:Mods please ban this guy.

Relax buddy

He has a point. I suspect most sports fans are similar to me in being superstitious. If there is ever a time to compare Wiggins and klay, or Wiggins and Iguodala for that matter, it is not now. Even apart from the team being engaged in an undecided finals series. Klay is also coming off 2 major injuries in regard to both of which a full season of playing time is generally regarded as necessary to see what level the player will return to. I am thankful for the durability he has shown this early and that he has been able to contribute significantly to the winning of several play-off games this post season.
vagelis
Starter
And1: 794

Post#32 » by vagelis » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:15 am

Klay is a big player and personally I will stay away from comparing 2 of the most important pieces of a a running title effort.

The players may read and comparisons are not good now
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#33 » by michaelm » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:45 am

vagelis wrote:Klay is a big player and personally I will stay away from comparing 2 of the most important pieces of a a running title effort.

The players may read and comparisons are not good now

Yes, that to even apart from reasons of karma it is better for the players to all have full support, we know some of them read social media.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#34 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:57 am

Klay vs barnes discussion is probably more apt.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,412

Post#35 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:51 am

Sheesh guys...relax. OP is just having some fun.

One on one with healthy Klay...I give Wiggin the edge because, let's be honest, Klay would have some issues getting his jumper off if Wiggins decides to hug up on him and Klay isn't the best driver of the ball nor does he have great handles.

As far as value on the team....it's Klay because Klay can destroy a team with his shooting.

And if this is a "which one do choose if you HAVE to choose? I go with Klay. He'll be 95% back by next year and that's two more years of the second best shooter in history.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
shza
Pro Prospect
And1: 879

Post#36 » by shza » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:15 am

Granted OP bumped his own thread, but the OP was from December, before Klay even came back. This wasn’t a topic created after G5.

Current Wiggs is I think clearly better than current Klay; peak Klay is clearly better than any version of Wiggins. I’m very happy to have had them both (and to have Wiggs instead of DLo rn; and to have Klay back to enjoy this run).

Return to Golden State Warriors