ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 39, Cavaliers at Warriors, 5:30 PST, Klay Klay Klay!!!

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,334

Re: Game 39, Cavaliers at Warriors, 5:30 PST, Klay Klay Klay!!! 

Post#101 » by SpreeS » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:53 am

Coxy wrote:
SpreeS wrote:Curry 36:31 min, really Kerr?

Too little? Not enough?

How do you think? 34.7 min per game, the most in Kerr era at 34y old…. Is it normal for you?
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#102 » by Coxy » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:02 am

SpreeS wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Too little? Not enough?

How do you think? 34.7 min per game, the most in Kerr era at 34y old…. Is it normal for you?

I'm not the coach, I'm not a trainer, I'm not Steph, how would I know what is not only good for Steph, and also what he wants right now to get him out of his slump?
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#103 » by ahmetmekin » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:03 am

SpreeS wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Too little? Not enough?

How do you think?

Curry was +23 today, and it looked like they wouldn't have survived if curry had played 5 minutes less. So I don't have any problem with his minutes for today's game, although I agree with the criticism otherwise.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Post#104 » by HiRez » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:07 am

Am I the only one getting annoyed with Iggy's chucking? Jesus, he's bad. Just because he can hit a 3 once in a blue moon he seems to think it gives him the green light to keep shooting. Bjelica too.

Great to have Klay back, but I guess we've seen the last of Kuminga and Moody for the season?
GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,296

Post#105 » by GunnerWRX » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:11 am

I always listen to the opponents’ announcers. The Cavs’ Carr has got to be the most stupid I’ve come across this season. He said he knew exactly what Klay went through because he was injured 3 times. Looked him up and he had a couple of broken feet, out maybe a month or 2.

Every call on the Cavs were wrong. Every steal by the Warriors should have been a foul. Man…
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#106 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:12 am

Strongly advise people here to go to more games if they can.. god this place really can suck

Klay came back and looked great

Curry found his stroke early

Looney was dominant on the boards

Iguodala played very well

Defense was excellent

And first thing I see is a complaint about Stephs minutes.. **** hell :lol:
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,334

Post#107 » by SpreeS » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:12 am

Coxy wrote:
SpreeS wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Too little? Not enough?

I'm not the coach, I'm not a trainer, I'm not Steph, how would I know what is not only good for Steph, and also what he wants right now to get him out of his slump?

What he wants???? Wtf is this? Remember Kobe did whatever he wants and boom career ending injury at 34y. Go to BBRF site and look, this kind of min for at 34y old with 32% USG and running distance is very unusual. Its not the entry from this slump
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,864

Post#108 » by 510TWSS » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:20 am

my face is still sore from smiling so much haha
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#109 » by michaelm » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:50 am

FNQ wrote:Strongly advise people here to go to more games if they can.. god this place really can suck

Defense was excellent

Defense was excellent without Dray even.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,238

Post#110 » by Impuniti » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:06 am

Klay Klay Klay
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#111 » by Commodor » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:18 am

I just got back from the game.

2011 - went with my dad and uncle to 9ers & saints playoff epic.

2015 - the most expensive thing I bought until my engagement ring last year. Front row game 1 finals tickets.

2022 - Klay comeback.

Top 3 sport experiences ever.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#112 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:24 am

michaelm wrote:
FNQ wrote:Strongly advise people here to go to more games if they can.. god this place really can suck

Defense was excellent

I will say this for all the hate-scrollers here:

- I got to sit behind the W's bench (a few rows back) but.. JTA's not as favorable in my eyes anymore. Keeping it to strictly on-court reasons, he missed a few rotations and on one play, literally screened Steph on a fast break. But as a Draymond replacement, I think that if this were a must-win game.. I'd put GP2 in that role.

- Iguodala's failure to launch got some razzing from the bench. Crowd was extremely sympathetic fwiw

- I dont know how much they showed on TV, but man Poole talks to the refs a lot, and unlike with Curry or Klay, they seem pretty irritated with it

- I didnt hear it on the broadcast (damnit) but I tried to yell out "DONT LOOK DOWN" when GP2 queued up that top of the arc 3 that he drained. Wife gave me an elbow in the gut for my efforts. Shes not a team player :nonono:

- The Curse of Fitz is real. Struck up a conversation with a big fan next to me, and two times he leans over, after we score after a timeout, and says "Kerr always gets those ATO plays, right?" and I died a little inside
michaelm
RealGM

Post#113 » by michaelm » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:33 am

FNQ wrote:
michaelm wrote:

Defense was excellent

- I got to sit behind the W's bench (a few rows back) but.. JTA's not as favorable in my eyes anymore. Keeping it to strictly on-court reasons, he missed a few rotations and on one play, literally screened Steph on a fast break. But as a Draymond replacement, I think that if this were a must-win game.. I'd put GP2 in that role.

- Iguodala's failure to launch got some razzing from the bench. Crowd was extremely sympathetic fwiw

- I dont know how much they showed on TV, but man Poole talks to the refs a lot, and unlike with Curry or Klay, they seem pretty irritated with it

- I didnt hear it on the broadcast (damnit) but I tried to yell out "DONT LOOK DOWN" when GP2 queued up that top of the arc 3 that he drained. Wife gave me an elbow in the gut for my efforts. Shes not a team player :nonono:

- The Curse of Fitz is real. Struck up a conversation with a big fan next to me, and two times he leans over, after we score after a timeout, and says "Kerr always gets those ATO plays, right?" and I died a little inside

I am told by a Cavs mod on the General Board that GSW were heavily favoured by the officials and allowed to get away with all manner of unfair physicality (presumably inflicted by the 6'9" GSW center who managed close to the same number of rebounds as the three 7 foot Cavs starters together), which is what he expected, and that Curry complained after the game to the officials and had a nerve doing so. Your thoughts as someone who attended the game ?. I am guessing Curry finished the game with his usual array of scratches.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#114 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:48 am

michaelm wrote:
FNQ wrote:
michaelm wrote:Defense was excellent without Dray even.

I am told by a Cavs mod on the General Board that GSW were heavily favoured by the officials and allowed to get away with all manner of unfair physicality (presumably inflicted by the 6'9" GSW center who managed close to the same number of rebounds as the three 7 foot Cavs starters together), which is what he expected, and that Curry complained after the game to the officials and had a nerve doing so. Your thoughts as someone who attended the game ?. I am guessing Curry finished the game with his usual array of scratches.

GB after games is about the worst it gets, its all just emotional venting.. thats what it sounds like

Refs were abysmal in both directions.. it was just a poorly reffed game. Several phantom calls on the W's too, the most egregious was that of Klay's block to end the half. But yes a definite lack of consistency and a lack of good calls by the refs.. thinking it was one sided is about what you'd expect from most fans. Curry had every right to complain, as did anyone else playing the game tonight

DIdnt really see Curry's arms but I'd imagine they look as usual. Honestly he should just get fake scratches tatted on his arms at this point because they're always there after a game anyways
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#115 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:54 am

HiRez wrote:Hey, good news, 7-6 Tacko Fall waived by Cavs. Now everyone on their team is 7 feet or under.

Cut Chiozza and sign Tacko Fall to a two way contract
michaelm
RealGM

Post#116 » by michaelm » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:57 am

FNQ wrote:
michaelm wrote:
FNQ wrote:

GB after games is about the worst it gets, its all just emotional venting.. thats what it sounds like

Refs were abysmal in both directions.. it was just a poorly reffed game. Several phantom calls on the W's too, the most egregious was that of Klay's block to end the half. But yes a definite lack of consistency and a lack of good calls by the refs.. thinking it was one sided is about what you'd expect from most fans. Curry had every right to complain, as did anyone else playing the game tonight

DIdnt really see Curry's arms but I'd imagine they look as usual. Honestly he should just get fake scratches tatted on his arms at this point because they're always there after a game anyways

Sure, I have been a sports fan for more decades than I care to count, and this is always the refrain from losing fans including me.

I do think Curry is entitled to complain as much as he wants though, he must be close to the most scragged player off ball in the game, and hasn't ever received much help from the officials.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#117 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:14 am

michaelm wrote:
FNQ wrote:
michaelm wrote:I am told by a Cavs mod on the General Board that GSW were heavily favoured by the officials and allowed to get away with all manner of unfair physicality (presumably inflicted by the 6'9" GSW center who managed close to the same number of rebounds as the three 7 foot Cavs starters together), which is what he expected, and that Curry complained after the game to the officials and had a nerve doing so. Your thoughts as someone who attended the game ?. I am guessing Curry finished the game with his usual array of scratches.

Sure, I have been a sports fan for more decades than I care to count, and this is always the refrain from losing fans including me.

I do think Curry is entitled to complain as much as he wants though, he must be close to the most scragged player off ball in the game, and hasn't ever received much help from the officials.

That Stevens guy they have - no idea who he was before game but he's basically their GP2, I'd guess - was extremely physical with both him and Klay.. if they called a foul on that, cool, but I wouldnt expect it. I'd rather refs allow it than not, ruins the flow of the game otherwise.

But if the argument was that it cost the Cavs the game or that Curry wasn't in the right to say something, well cue up the tiny violins and sing us a sad sad song about it :violin:
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#118 » by Old_Blue » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:26 am

Tonight was a night to give thanks, plain and simple. The stupid nitpicking can be put on hold for at least one night. What we all witnessed was special...A dude who came back from 2 1/2 seasons away from the game due to two major injuries and who put up 17 in his first 20 minutes back. Klay did a little bit of everything and shut up all the doubters. If you can't take at least 24 hours to appreciate and reflect on what it means to persevere, then perhaps you're in need of a long look in the mirror.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
michaelm
RealGM

Post#119 » by michaelm » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:33 am

FNQ wrote:
michaelm wrote:
FNQ wrote:

That Stevens guy they have - no idea who he was before game but he's basically their GP2, I'd guess - was extremely physical with both him and Klay.. if they called a foul on that, cool, but I wouldnt expect it. I'd rather refs allow it than not, ruins the flow of the game otherwise.

But if the argument was that it cost the Cavs the game or that Curry wasn't in the right to say something, well cue up the tiny violins and sing us a sad sad song about it :violin:

No the usual thing (illegal screens), and fouling of the Cavs bigs in the paint.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#120 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:41 am

Looney 29 minutes + Bjelica 13 minutes + Draymond 0 minutes = 42 minutes
Who played the other 6 minutes at center?

Return to Golden State Warriors